Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Relationship with a "metrosexual"!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jamie9562
Msg: 42
Relationship with a metrosexual! Page 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

It doesn't mean you're gay, it means you like to take care of your appearance, simple as that.

if it was that simple....this thread would not be 7 pages long already.....
it is not that simple,,it plays into the feminization of society and how that is affecting the perception of men and their roles in society..

it is fine to look fine when you leave the house,,,no one is arguing that,,what is being argued is "over' preparing to leave the house if you are a man,,

are you still a man if you use several different cleansers and hair products and if you shave your body hair or in any other way prepare yourself in the same manner a woman does?

what is the line?

i think that it will probably be all over the first time i hear a hetero man say " oh my god! my foundation is running! and look at my hair! it's a mess! " and then starts crying....

we can pack up our testicles at that point and just throw in the pink towel...
 matchlight
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Relationship with a metrosexual!
Posted: 2/7/2011 11:00:19 AM
Isn't all this just a matter of degree? I never thought wanting to look your best made you less of a man. In fact, I've always assumed women wanted us to pay attention to all the little details. I certainly appreciate it when *they* do.

When a woman thinks a man has to be a one-dimensional clod to be the real item, it makes me wonder about her. I used to get into pickup football games where we tried to break each other in two. One of my favorite things, when I was very young, was to join my Dad and the guy next door to watch the fights on TV. Later, I had two old pairs of gloves, and I spent a *lot* of hours sparring with guys I knew. And we'd all get together to drink beer someone had bought us and talk about who the hottest chicks at school were. I did all the usual stuff guys do--and luckily never got caught for some of it.

But I was also brought up to appreciate painting, and literature, and music, and gardens, and nice restaurants, and I was taught how to be polite. And just because I'd spent part of the day fixing something on my sister's car, that didn't mean I wasn't interested in spending another part of it learning some of her cooking skills. Trying to slot people into neat categories is a great way to get quite a few of them way wrong.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2011 6:19:22 AM

I "draw the line" at sharpie brows.rub on tans and perms.

Jealous!!!! (ducking)
 seagaa
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/29/2011 2:23:18 PM
[Hence the trend of feminizing males now-a-days....metro or whatever you want to call it.]

There's such a thing as TOO neat...I call it metro/gay

FWIW I won't date the female equivalent of a metro either! By that I mean those women who over do their hair, make-up, nails and everything...they look like tarts to me.....some men love them and think they're great arm candy....I'd be embarrassed to be with them! Again, there's a line that can be crossed and thennnnnnnnn overboard!

I believe in moderation....even then only moderately!

Ok but to say it is "gay" is pretty stupid.
 OutMind
Msg: 46
Posted: 4/29/2011 2:38:07 PM
Whatever floats your boat.
 OutMind
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/29/2011 4:33:49 PM

Own a cat or lapdog
Wear pink
Bake cookies
Choose alcoholic beverages ending in 'rita' and 'tini'
Drink Decaf coffee
Drink coffee with only the little pinky finger off the cup pointing in the air
Drive with both hands on the wheel
Pay over $40 for haircut
Cry and show emotion
Dance
Afraid of spiders

Oh, this can be fun.

Pink.
My cycling team main color for a few years was pink. We won the state championship, in several categories and kicked so much ass that even today, when I wear the old uniform, people salute.

Bake cookies.
Okay, I cook. I don't bake. I don't touch cookies.

Drinks that end in tini.

How about shaken, not stirred. In my book Bond is bad-ass. Well, Sawn Connery and the latest one, the other ones, wimps.

Drink decaf.

No way. Give me expresso. Stirred, not shaken.

Driving with both hands on the wheel.
If you are test driving a Porche on some speedway, you better have both hands on the wheel.

Pay over $40 for haircut

I am cheap in that department. But I tip very well.

Cry and show emotion

So okay, I cried when watching Gladiator!! Now I am learning to show emotion, but this is one that women will always hold over you. (We unsensitive b astards!)

Dance
Love to dance. I am not great, but I fake it quite well.

Afraid of spiders

Wham!! What was that? I don't know, but it sure is dead.

Okay, this was fun. But I have to go have dinner and a date.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Relationship with a "metrosexual"!