Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > An "unofficial" look at CS payment amounts.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 singlesuperdad
Msg: 51
view profile
History
An unofficial look at CS payment amounts.Page 3 of 31    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31)
400 a month wouldn't cover the daycare on just one of my little ones.
 singlesuperdad
Msg: 52
view profile
History
An unofficial look at CS payment amounts.
Posted: 10/23/2009 10:00:34 PM
Raising kids is expensive. the teen needs braces, 2000,my sons glasses were 200, not cover on insurance because he needed special frames (extra small) and polycarbonate lens that aren't covered. the girls need computers and internet for school. to me cable is a luxury I could do without but the kids should be able to have it. clothes and shoes don't last long, they ruin them and outgrow them. school supplies are outragous, I spent 100 just on the teen to get in school(public school). Most schools here have to have uniforms. Wouldn't need as big of house. The electric bill is around 300 a month, when no kids was under a hundred. have to have acar now, used to ride my bike.I spend close to1000 a month on food(for the 5 of us), so about 200 for food per kid.Plus all the work it takes to raise them why should just one be changing diapers and cleaning and cooking etc. I never had so much work to do at home. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining , just answering your question. sitters aren't free. Zoos, skating rinks, museums, amusment parks aren't free. Shoot just going to mcdonalds costs me at least 25 dollars. feild trips at school twice a month, 30 dollars plus lunch on those days. And what about personal hygene, hair cuts, etc. not to mention the teen, lol. Got to get their hair and nails done, plus the hair and skin products. Oh they have to have furniture too. they out grow the expensive crib and need a toddler bed and then a twin later on. They need dressers and desks, bikes and skate boards. They need cheer leading outfits and girlscout uniforms. I think they deserve a nice dinner out every once in a while, right? Say twice a month, that costs me over a 100 each time(I know, I have 4), so 50 a month for a nice dinner out. For the babies you'll need Formula, at least 50 a month. car seats, stroller, high chair, blankets, bottles, they out grow the infant car seat then need a bigger one then they outgrow that and need a booster seat,oh thekid may want a walker and some toys. the get older and might want an Ipod, or a camera, or a guitar, oh and parties aren't cheap at all. The teen needs PE uniforms, oh and special calculaters for math.girl teen wants some jewlery too, I'm sure you have some, shouldn't she be able to have ear rings and maybe a necklace and maybe a braclet? Oh a watch, and an alarm clock. I could keep going but I thin k you get my point.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2009 11:08:32 PM
[I don't know how practical it would be, but I would love to see a set amount per child for support that doesn't vary by income. Then that amount is the child support amount, any additional amount applied for could be classified as spousal support. Just a thought]

Not necessarily a bad thought, but it doesn't account for cost of living, or the fact that one's standard of living varies by income level. As a practical matter, even, don't you think that you provide more for your children as you make more? If you were still married, wouldn't you buy them more expensive clothing, or a "better" toy, sign them up for that gymnastics class they always wanted to take but you couldn't afford? I am not trying to start an argument (really, I'm not; FYI, I haven't even requested an increase in CS since its' inception 4 yrs. ago,), but is there no allowance at all for the increase in the living standard for the children, as an aside to the increase to the parent? What I'm trying to point out is that, for the most part, the tables leading to the percentage of income applied for CS are pretty fair, when you relate them to the percentage spent on the children when you were a couple. Not to ignore the fact that for many who pay CS, they see the monies as a "gift" to the custodial parent (the remedy for which could be an accounting, and I don't have a problem with that).True, it is more expensive to run two households, but that is the failing of the parents, not the children. Mathematically, you can qualify for a mortgage that amounts to roughly 28% of your gross income, so if you lay out 21% of your income (depending on the # of kids & the state in which you live ), you have half of that money with which to budget. Honestly, I feel that raising children is a sacrifice, and that includes the financial, something that parents who are not together (both mothers & fathers) often fail, or worse, cease to acknowledge when their relationship goes sour. Just a thought.
 carterscutie85
Msg: 54
Posted: 10/24/2009 2:41:14 AM
When I said $400, I was thinking more in terms of what I have to pay for myself. Wasn't really thinking about other people. The $436 from his dad plus my income is sufficient, but then again I don't have to pay for daycare, which I know is a huge cost. Diapers are about $100/month, I get most of my formula from WIC but still spend about $30/month since they don't give me enough, between clothes, toys, baby food, powders and lotions, that's about $100-150 a month, since I get all his clothes used, and as a 6 month old there's only so many toys he can actually work. Right now I'm actually really stocked up on everything, I came into some money so I used it so stock up on everything, so I really won't need to use the c/s check to buy a whole lot, meaning I can put it in savings for him.
 Tealwood
Msg: 55
Posted: 10/24/2009 5:35:54 AM
Singlesuperdad;

No arguement from me about the how expensive it is to raise children. Braces for me were $5200 & &5,500 with insurance/benefits only covering $1,000 on each. I picked up the rest. Daycare is expensive as is before and after school care. But this along with the braces in Canada considered above the monthly cs figure.

But when I made the choice to have children I realized there would be some sacrifice on my part and I would not have the same disposable income for myself to enjoy.

Need is a very difficult determination for many people. There is no need for sports and the attributed costs that are part of the equation. And I say that even having a child who is now training at a very high level in one sport and had to leave two other sports behind where she was asked to train at the Provincial level. There was a shortage of money and time...as in me driving the required 2hrs to the training centre's.

Need is a place to sleep and a food every day. Many or your arguments of clothes...bikes...cost of electricity...furniture...desks...beds are something that most non custodial parents also face if they are going to have a meaningful relationship with their children.

Where is your arguement about their consideration or situation. I happen to prefer consideration for both sides....and not having a position of power due to being in the role of custodial parent.

My ex needs a home where she can have the children when they so desire.

Now in Canada we do not have the smart energy...like they seem to have in other area's...the cost of heating a your home....is relatively the same if you have just yourself or have 5 people. The damn heat is unable to discern where it can or cannot go here. And unlike one custodial father....I doubt the fridge getting opened a few more times makes that much of a difference.

Sorry but I have to run...The taxi service is required again.
 carterscutie85
Msg: 56
Posted: 10/24/2009 6:24:59 AM
Here is a link to how Ohio does it..and a chart that says how much u would get each year based on the combined incomes of both parents. As far as I know, the only thing they factor in is other child support payments, health insurance costs, and taxes.

http://www.divorcenet.com/states/ohio/ohio_child_support_chart

Personally I don't feel that the first child should be getting more support then any other child support is being paid for. It doesn't cost more to raise little Johnny then it does to raise little Suzie. They should all get the same amount. I get about 200 more than my ex's ex wife, but her's was calculated a few years ago and in addition to his income going up, some of the laws have also changed since then. She is taking him back to court, so I hope they up hers to the same amount as mine. In Ohio, child support cases are reviewed every 3 years, so her getting more could effect mine, but he'd have to take me to court before that 3 years is up if he wants to get it modified-even then, it's not likely the judge will modify it, and that's coming straight from the person who did our support order at child support.
 singlesuperdad
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2009 8:55:31 AM
tealwood, well I agree with you, but the situations are different in different cases. My figures come mostly from my situation where the mom can't take the kids anywhere. So she doesn't need any of the things to care for a kid or kids. It's all on me but I'm not complaining. I enjoy my kids but I've been working to care for them with nothing going in my pocket for so long it's time for a change. In the past 3 years I haven't bought any thing for me, clothes, shoes, nothing. So now it's time to do a little for me and to see their mom buying all kinds of crap for herself gets a little frustrating.It isn't really right that she says here take the kids I don't want them and does nothing to care for them but when it's convienent for her she want s to go shopping with them etc. She gets mad because I hold to the court order and don't allow her to take them. She buys them things she know they can't have and makes me take it away. That has all stopped now but it was hell for alot of years.
oops getting side tracked.
I see alot of non cp complain about CS saying the CP is spending it on themselves which is mostly no the case. If the cp kept the receipts it would probably add to more than double the CS they receive. And in some cases like mine none is received and the non cp want previledged the court hasn't allowed.

I know it really sucks for alot of non cps out there and thats sad but it also suck for alot of cp out there to which is sad. Everyone comes on here arguing about this from the experiences they got from their situation which may really suck and it's hard to see it from the others point of view and understand that they may have gone through HELL!!! This causes them to be a bit judgemental which is very understandable. we don't know all these people on here or the hell they've been through so it's hard to judge them. If we knew their case we would probably say ok I see why you are upset with the situation. well enough for now, peace
 thatusernameistaken
Msg: 58
Posted: 10/26/2009 9:10:39 AM
Deanlistmom - I'm not sure if your comments were in general, or if they were all directed towards me. If they were directed to me I would just suggest you reread the thread as I think you must have misunderstood something I posted.

SingleSuperDad - The majority of the things you are citing would fall outside of the basic CS amounts (certainly here in Canada). You are a good example of why I stated early on in this thread that this topic is hard to generalize as there are a lot of unique situations, such as yours.

ohwhynot46 - The children see the fruits of my successes whether I was still married to their mother or not. CS is supposed to be basic needs support though as I am to understand, not "have to have the best of the best" support. If, for example, the CS recipient wants to buy brand name clothing instead of generic brands then IMO they should be responsible for paying the higher amount; just as the CS payer would have to pay the higher amount themselves.
 singlesuperdad
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 9:20:36 AM
Yes Cs and welfare can't really be compaired from here to canada. It just starts arguements because we don't know your system and vise versa.
 diamondincnd
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2009 4:25:06 PM
I’m going to try my math skills out. Please keep in mind that these are NOT factual but for the purpose of argument. Insert your own number as you will for your situation.

Lets say mom and dad has one child and goes their separate ways. Mom has the babe full time. Mom and dad both make $2000/month. Lets say dad’s Household bills (rent, utilities, mortgage, upkeep) equals $750/month. Mom, because of the need for a larger place due to having the babe, her monthly household bills are $1000/month. It’s easy to think that well there is only a $250 difference that should the babe’s bills but this is not the case. Like a roommate the bills are shared. Lets say, because we are talking about a child, the bills are split 40% babe and 60% mom. Now lets say babe’s basic needs not including house hold like clothes, diapers, etc come to $500/month. Mom and dads extra bills are $350/month Keep in mind this is basic.

Babe’s Bill’s
400- Household 40%
+500-basic needs
=$900

Mom and babe bills combined
1000-Household
500- babes basic
+350- moms basic
=$1850

Dad’s Bills
750- Household
+350-dads basic
=$1100

Based on $2000 a month income.
If mom had no support from dad then she has only $150 extra every month to splurge on.
If dad doesn’t pay support then he has $900 extra every month to splurge on.
Keep in mind both make the same amount of money at the end of the day.

By all rights Dad should pay half of babe’s bills. $450.00 every month but he doesn’t. The child support table in Canada says he pay’s, based on $22,000 annual income of $200/month. (In BC, that’s only 10% by the way. Take from- http://www.fmep.gov.bc.ca/resources/maintenance-calculator/ )

Babe’s bills
-200 from dad
=$700 that has to come from mom.

At the end of the day If dad pays support mom has $350 extra to splurge on
Dad if he pay’s support has $700 extra to splurge on.

Dad is upset that he has to pay. I don’t understand how dad can be mad at putting his $200 in to mom and babe’s home.
If all babe’s needs are meet and mom’s buy’s some thing extra special for herself out of the $350 left over then she should be able to do that with out dad bashing her. After all in this situation Dad splurges $700 a month on him self.

How did I do on my made up situation and my logic? Does this make sense to any of you???
Seams fairly real to me.
 singlesuperdad
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2009 4:35:37 PM
Thank you , thats what I've been saying all along. It 's too late to place blame, just hold to the responciblities
 Tealwood
Msg: 62
Posted: 10/27/2009 8:40:31 PM

Province or territory of residence British Columbia
Total number of children under 18 years of age 1
Your net income $21,000.00
Your working income $0.00
UCCB income $0.00
UCCB repayment $0.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CCTB online calculation results
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basic monthly amount $108.91
National Child Benefit Supplement monthly amount $168.75
BC Family Bonus monthly amount $0.00
BC Earned Income Benefit monthly amount $0.00
Total monthly amount $277.66

Simple math....suggests $2,000 x 12 is $24,00.00
Simple math suggests $277.66 x 12 is $ 3,331.92
Simple math suggests $220 cs x 12 is $ 2,640.00
_________
$29,971.92 custodial parent

Simple math suggest $2,000 x 12 is $24,000
Simple math suggest-- $220csx 12 is $ 2,640
_______
$21,360 non custodial parent

Now why not talk about more simple math where we talk double tax credits for custodial parents.....and how daycare costs are based on gross income as opposed to take home or disposable cash?

So lets talk about disposable cash and then talk about the non custodial being involved in the childs life....and how they will pay for the costs of having a second home where the children will be safe or feel comfortable in.

And you child is not your roommate....and why not try some simple math as many cs calculations factor 150 to 200 square feet extra per child in housing cost for children....which is not your 40% shared costs you suggest.

But keeping it simple...Dads cost is $750 and so is Mom's $750 with extra $250 being baby cost...which is then divided by 2 or $125 for each parent to assume.

yet you have the baby cost as being $400....which some might suggest as additional spousal costs...or double dipping....and you wonder why some guys do not like giving money to some woman who will not pull her weight....

But where is the extra $700 you purport the father has?
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2009 8:46:16 PM
[So it is no wonder that if an unwed woman who decides to keep the child of a reluctant man who will only pay what the law makes him will have such a hard road ahead of them because if a couple who pulls in 80,000 - 1oo,ooo complains that money is tight, how does she even consider keeping a child. Who is covering the real expense - the village?]

If the man were reluctant, he shouldn't have lain with the woman to begin with! But I am talking about two parents; you are a parent once a child is born, and you knew you could become so, before you chose to have sex. In any case, I think it was pretty obvious, as I mentioned the things kids had/used to do prior to living in a one parent household, that I was addressing those who had chosen to be involved with their children and were either married to or in a relationship with, the other parent. BTW, many of us, men & women alike, cover the "real" expenses of raising children (even those who play sports & have very active social lives) on less than 100K/yr.) without the help of "the village"

To sorrythatusernameistaken (cute name , btw) I never said anything about the best of the best. I am referring to the notion that it seems unfair that the CHILDREN bear the brunt of economic loss. If your income rises, and the cost of living rises, shouldn't you give more to the expenses of your children? Shouldn't the parents bear the brunt of the sacrifices? It is not the children who couldn't make the relationship work. They certainly suffer the consequences; why add insult to injury? That's all I'm saying.
 diamondincnd
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2009 9:05:36 PM
Ok Tealwood, you have caught a couple mistakes that I have over looked lets try it your way then. I was leaving out the government subsidies because I felt that was a separate issue. There are parents out there that don't get any subsidies and this is not the parents contribution. I also based this on basic not including extra things like daycare, sports, etc. There are a lot of things that can influence the cost of raising a child.

Lets say mom and dad has one child and goes their separate ways. Mom has the babe full time. Mom and dad both make $2000/month. Lets say dad’s Household bills (rent, utilities, mortgage, upkeep) equals $750/month. Mom, because of the need for a larger place due to having the babe, her monthly household bills are $1000/month. The difference being $250 for the babe. Now lets say babe’s basic needs not including house hold like clothes, diapers, etc come to $500/month. Mom and dads basic needs are $350/month Keep in mind this is basic.

Babe’s Bill’s
250- Household
+500-basic needs
=$750

1000-Household
500- babes basic
+350- moms basic
=$1850

Dad’s Bills
750- Household
+350-dads basic
=$1100

Based on $2000 a month income.
If mom had no support from dad then she has only $150 extra every month to splurge on.
If dad doesn’t pay support then he has $900 extra every month to splurge on.
Keep in mind both make the same amount of money at the end of the day.

By all rights Dad should pay half of babe’s bills. $375.00 every month but he doesn’t. The child support table in Canada says he pay’s, based on $24,000 annual income of $220/month. (In BC, that’s only 11% by the way. Take from- http://www.fmep.gov.bc.ca/resources/maintenance-calculator/ )

Babe’s bills
-220 from dad
=$530 that has to come from mom.

At the end of the day If dad pays support mom has $370 extra to splurge on
Dad if he pay’s support has $680 extra to splurge on.

Dad is upset that he has to pay. I don’t understand how dad can be mad at putting his $220 in to mom and babe’s home.
If all babe’s needs are meet and mom’s buy’s some thing extra special for herself out of the $370 left over then she should be able to do that with out dad bashing her. After all in this situation Dad splurges $680 a month on him self.

How did I do on my made up situation and my logic? Does this make sense to any of you???
Seams fairly real to me.
 Tealwood
Msg: 65
Posted: 10/28/2009 6:32:45 AM

Ok Tealwood, you have caught a couple mistakes that I have over looked lets try it your way then. I was leaving out the government subsidies because I felt that was a separate issue. There are parents out there that don't get any subsidies and this is not the parents contribution. I also based this on basic not including extra things like daycare, sports, etc. There are a lot of things that can influence the cost of raising a child.

Well the extra expenses that you speak about...i.e. daycare and sports fall outside cs and are deemed extra. And sports are not a necessity of life either. But daycare is taken off the top based on gross income....not net income...

Nice to see that you are appearing like what some attribute single custodial mothers are....just looking at it as a cash cow....since you were talking about cash flow or who had what extra income...but like others....when there is a free or benefit that favours the custodial....you guard it jealously and do not want it included....in comparing cash flow..or available purchasing power.

Babe’s Bill’s
250- Household
+500-basic needs
=$750

1000-Household
500- babes basic
+350- moms basic
=$1850

How many times do you go to the well and use the baby to offset your finacial requirement. And when does your pursuit of cs cross over and also become spousal support?

Since you prefer to deal with simple.....

$250 is the additional cost household for the child...$750 for each parent....plus the mother gets additional $250 for the baby....but of course I assume you would attribute only 1/2 to the father?
$125......

But $500 a month for what? But even that is only 1/2 attributed to the father...or do you need more because woman tend not to work full time like custodial father?

so

$250 + $125 = $375 additional cost that the custodial parent bears...

However...keeping this simple...

$220 cs each month plus the CCTB $277 which you prefer not to mention....
$220+$277=$497

The cs you whine about as not being enough...plus the CCTB which is there for any parent who files their income tax....hiding income are we?

But it seems you argue that dad should pay 1/2 of the costs...inflated costs that you come up with,,,,plus you still want to keep the tax benefits as yours and not part of the equation since they are ?????yours....not to be shared...and like perhaps other self centered mothers..you share what benefits yourself and guard jealously what you feel is not something the father should have.....

And we have not even touched on the benefits in respect to the income taxes a custodial parent benefits from?

there parents out there that don't get any subsidies and this is not the parents contribution.

yes I realized that....those who make enough money that they do not qualify for them...and those who work under the table and do not declare their income or do not file their income tax as required by law......and then there are those who can look at both households and suggest that some of the benefits of a custodial parent finacially offset what cs also supplies and also realize that the non custodial parent...if they are to be involved in their childs life will also have to have the same higher living costs....unless you want your child living or sleeping on the couch when they go visit....as they have not yet developed homes which magically create the extra bedroom when the child comes for their access weekend.

But there was once a day when cloth diapers were used...but they became work....and there was once a day when they actually made the food themselves...but that became work and mothers now buy it off the self...

But the simple manner is looking at all revenue sources that come in to both households and compare things on an equal platform...and not use your child as a cash cow.

But then i am a bad example. As custodial parent..I do not need or want any money from my ex and she needs all she can keep so she has a home suitable for the children when they decide to visit. But what to frig....maybe I should go after her for the tabled amount....and I know she will have to sell her home.....and move away....and have little top no money to spend on herself or her children....since this seems to be your objective?
 m__c
Msg: 66
Posted: 10/28/2009 6:48:54 AM
Good Morning Every one...
Taken...I am in agreement with you . Both parent should provide equally (Financially, morally) to the child.

To the Initiator... ( In Ontario)
You are absolutely right that even though the Support is based on Gross income, it does feels like it is based on the net income and 25% of net of any House hold budget leave a great impact on any one's life.

About the other cost such as Child care, Sports and other activities....The Support payer pays on the basis of his income again. For example:
Father's Income 33000
Mothers Income 11000
Cost of activity 750/month
Considering that the mother has the custody... The Payer will be obliged to pay 500 per month to the mother and he will not be able to claim it in his tax return as he is paying to the Receiver not the service provider.The receiver will receive those funds . She will also claim this as child care expense in her return and receive the tax credit for the full amount and that is 750/month
 thatusernameistaken
Msg: 67
Posted: 10/28/2009 10:45:04 AM
I guess a basic way to look at my question would be to say:

If food, clothing & shelter cost ______ dollars per month per child and extras like daycare, sports, extended medical, etc. are extras calculated OUTSIDE of basic CS; then shouldn't CS be set at the flat rate of ______? Then anything over and above that amount would be paid for by the parent who CHOOSES to spend more than the basic costs?

Anything over that basic amount would too easily just go to the use of the receiving parent , without going directly to the child(ren).
 diamondincnd
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2009 11:30:27 AM
Nice to see that you are appearing like what some attribute single custodial mothers are....just looking at it as a cash cow....since you were talking about cash flow or who had what extra income...but like others....when there is a free or benefit that favours the custodial....you guard it jealously and do not want it included....in comparing cash flow..or available purchasing power.

My intentions was not to start a flame war and I'm not trying to look at it as a cash cow. I'm not educated in the field of child support and like a lot of other single parents, Mom's or dad's I don't fully understand how it works so I was tring out my logic and posting it here so others can comment and people such as your self can challenge it and perhaps we collectively can come up with how it really works, since so many people don't know such as my self.

Lets, if we can leave the non necessities out of the picture for now because that is such a Brod thing.

I read some were that the child support tables were set up with the assumption that the non custodial parent was not in the picture at all. So I based this scenario as such.

In the time after one year after separation or divorce, 50% of children of divorced or separated families never see their fathers again.
http://fathersforlife.org/divorce/dvrcrate.htm

I'm assuming many more only see there father once in a blue moon.

$250 + $125 = $375 additional cost that the custodial parent bears...

However...keeping this simple...

$220 cs each month plus the CCTB $277 which you prefer not to mention....
$220+$277=$497

I wasn't trying to make it look like she was hogging the CCTB. I was only thinking that it was from the government and not the parents but since you bring up a valid point lets add it in.
In your quote you have added it to the paying parents contribution but to be fair lets take it off the top.

babe's bills
=$253 that has to come from mom.

So it works out that in this scenario it works out a bit more equal when you add the CCTB

But there was once a day when cloth diapers were used...but they became work....and there was once a day when they actually made the food themselves...but that became work and mothers now buy it off the self...

I think most people use disposable items now and most people also don't have the means to go hunting or plow their own fields. Lets look at this in today's society and not the past. How many people use cloth diapers today?

inflated costs that you come up with

It depends on the child's age how much a child can cost. Infants for example go threw a whole new wardrobe every 3-6 months, go threw many clothes changes in a day, out grow car seats, cribs, strollers, etc etc...You get the picture. an older child the cost may not be as high for necessities. Yes I understand that they don't out grow these things every month but this is just an estimated average.

Then anything over and above that amount would be paid for by the parent who CHOOSES to spend more than the basic costs?

If the parent want's to buy more expensive clothes and such then I would say yes its up to the parent that choose it. If its say summer camp and the child really want's to go then that cost should be shared IMO. I don't think it should be tacked on the the monthly child support though but rather a one time cost thing.

shouldn't CS be set at the flat rate of ______?

In Canada I though you pointed out earlier on that it was. That the table was law and was set at a rate of $_________.
 m__c
Msg: 69
Posted: 10/28/2009 12:37:30 PM
Hi Thatuser....
For your comment
I guess a basic way to look at my question would be to say:

If food, clothing & shelter cost ______ dollars per month per child and extras like daycare, sports, extended medical, etc. are extras calculated OUTSIDE of basic CS; then shouldn't CS be set at the flat rate of ______? Then anything over and above that amount would be paid for by the parent who CHOOSES to spend more than the basic costs?

Anything over that basic amount would too easily just go to the use of the receiving parent , without going directly to the child(ren).

I guess the German solution..that both parents pay equal child support and the Governing body (Such as FRO ) should analyze as to how the funds are being spend every month.End of the day the Funds are for Child not for the mother . She should not be able to use a penny for herself.
I would like to see in that situation , how many females will file for complete custody.
 m__c
Msg: 70
Posted: 10/28/2009 12:43:26 PM
Mr. Single Super Dad...... The US welfare system is same as in Canada only the payment differs a bit because in US people get food stamps for Food while in Canada people get hard cash.
and

CS is same as Child Support in canada which is Managed by FRO Family Responsibility office.
Another Factor...I think In US Single mother don't get any funding such as CCTB,OCB, Working Family Benefit...but for working family benefit one's income has to be over a specific limit.
In Canada Single mother also get GST per month accumulated in a quarterly check.
plus
9600 in a depend tax Credit + 2000 in Fed Child Tax Credit.
 diamondincnd
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2009 12:48:19 PM

I guess the German solution..that both parents pay equal child support and the Governing body (Such as FRO ) should analyze as to how the funds are being spend every month.End of the day the Funds are for Child not for the mother . She should not be able to use a penny for herself.
I would like to see in that situation , how many females will file for complete custody.

I agree that it should be shared equally V_C but how would it be possible to analyze were the money goes? For example I can see that a parent can hang on to receipts and such to show were some of it goes but what about things like allowance for the child were there is no receipts. How would one figure out exactly how much of the car bills are used just for the child? Or the grocery bill.
 m__c
Msg: 72
Posted: 10/28/2009 12:59:33 PM
Diamond....The Grocery could be monitered on national average base and the car can be calculated as ....
For example..
Insurance....300
Gas 200
The value of her Car as well as repair should be her responsibility as she choose to drive not the child and she choose to get the full custody.

If father wants the full custody then same should imply to him.

Given 5 years and this issue of unwanted children will abolish itself because then no one will get the privilege of child's money.
 m__c
Msg: 73
Posted: 10/28/2009 1:01:46 PM
diamond ....to analyze the money the best way will be that FRO will issue a bank card to the custody parent and he/she will make all the child's purchase through that card and FRO should be able to audit those receipt anytime.
 thatusernameistaken
Msg: 74
Posted: 10/28/2009 1:02:13 PM

shouldn't CS be set at the flat rate of ______?

In Canada I though you pointed out earlier on that it was. That the table was law and was set at a rate of $_________.

Yes, I commented on how the tables are set and are law. What I am talking about though is that the table amount can be significantly more than the amount required to actually support just the children. $1800 per month for two children tax free, for example, is a hell of a lot more than the direct costs involved with supporting those two children. I would theorize that all of that extra money would be used up by the recipient of the CS payments and not be distributed to child expenses only.
 m__c
Msg: 75
Posted: 10/28/2009 1:07:34 PM
Hi ThatUser name...
Yes, I commented on how the tables are set and are law. What I am talking about though is that the table amount can be significantly more than the amount required to actually support just the children. $1800 per month for two children tax free, for example, is a hell of a lot more than the direct costs involved with supporting those two children. I would theorize that all of that extra money would be used up by the recipient of the CS payments and not be distributed to child expenses only.

This is the whole issue that the fathers do not want the funds to be used by the EX henceforth they are not willing to pay child support.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > An "unofficial" look at CS payment amounts.