Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PiggyT
Msg: 5
Having 2 cellphonesPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Any behavior where there is concealment is a warning sign. Trust your instincts and ask him about it. The really weird thing though is why are you asking this when you are showing as a single person on a dating website looking for a partner?
 EvilLolli
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Having 2 cellphones
Posted: 10/21/2009 7:11:53 AM
I don't think it's about the number of cell phones a person has. It seems to be more about the "secret hidden" cell phone that is practically untraceable. Several reasons for some to have multiple cell phones.

1. One for work and one for family/ friends-if both are known of, no problem.
2. One for texting, one for calls-again if others know about them, no problem.
3. One for local and one for long distance-if known, it's ok.
4. One for the spouse to know about, one for secret communication-a problem.
5. One you SO gave you and tracks you w/(available on some family plans) and one so you can still keep in touch w/ people w/out getting the 20 questions treatment from SO-problem, but for very different reasons.

In the end it boils down to why they have a second phone, how open they are about the second phone, and what they are using the second phone for. The best option is to ASK about the other phone, have a good ol' deep discussion, and go from there. I do have to wonder how the second phone was found in the other person's car-was some one snooping and suspicious/paranoid? Could that be the reason they got the second phone? They were tired of being snooped on?

It may be nothing as bad as an affair, it may simply be a cry for privacy. How did you find the "secret" phone? Was there snooping involved?
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Having 2 cellphones
Posted: 10/21/2009 7:15:50 AM
Ohhhhhh... maybe he's a secret double agent or something like that...

Ya just never know about these things...
 chameleonf
Msg: 8
Having 2 cellphones
Posted: 10/21/2009 7:17:12 AM
My take? Secret phone = secrets. Pretty simple deduction. No matter the explanation, I'm sure the trust factor would drop incredibly and I'd probably find myself in the unenviable position of investigating further to see what other secrets surround the secret cell phone. Ahhhh the tangled webs.
 Ready4something_real
Msg: 9
Having 2 cellphones
Posted: 10/21/2009 7:20:35 AM
Well,,,could be innocent..could not be...depends on your relationship. The fact that your are asking and are suspicious of something..says there is doubt in the relationship. Is there something about the relationship that tells you it is not rock solid and your man won't cheat..even if presented with the opportunity?

Here is a web site based strictly on finding signs of cheating if it helps..

http://www.womansavers.com/catch-a-cheater.asp
 *november babee*
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Having 2 cellphones
Posted: 10/21/2009 7:24:50 AM
if this is your man..
and you know its not a business fone..
and you are not supposed to know about the fone..
or he hasnt told you about the fone..

then you already know the answer.. any secret, unless its a xmas or birthday present surprise, is not a good secret....

if he needs to keep it from you then it cant be a good thing...
 PiggyT
Msg: 13
Having 2 cellphones
Posted: 10/21/2009 8:40:51 AM
^^^ has more than one phone and STILL hasn't called me.....

Pitch blease!
 chameleonf
Msg: 14
Having 2 cellphones
Posted: 10/21/2009 8:48:40 AM

Ugh..I'm single with more than one cell phone....now what? I guess I'm cheating on myself then? I'm slutty like that. It might even blow your minds that I don't have a home phone either. I'm definitely shady.

Ya?...well, that's you knowing you have another phone. Does your other personality have any idea??
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 16
Having 2 cellphones
Posted: 10/21/2009 9:19:13 AM
Have you checked to make sure the cell phone you came across is active?

I have some old cell phones put away that I replaced with my newer phone. They would appear to be concealed (tossed in a drawer). One could easily have been tossed in a glove compartment.

Just a thought.
 Asmoochiepoo
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Having 2 cellphones
Posted: 10/21/2009 10:40:08 AM
He's cheating. He keeps it on silent in his vehicle. He retrieves his messages from her that she left on his voicemail. He then erases any messages from her then goes somewhere away from home and calls herback. He initiates phone calls to her from his work or when yournot home.
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 19
Having 2 cellphones
Posted: 10/21/2009 1:05:55 PM
Good catch buteo regalis.

OP- You posted this thread as if you knew nothing about your marriage problems when your post history says differently.

read your msg and I am trying to stay friends w my soon to be ex. I am finding it very difficult though. He met a girl and he slept at her house last night for the first time. I am trying to meet people on this site local to me to help me get over him.
Any suggestions

Looking at your profile one would have no idea that you are still married. Furthermore your email filters are set not to accept emails from someone else that is married.

Regardless of how you cut it, this is a lie. This is not a good way to start off any new relationship.
 TheReason_
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Having 2 cellphones
Posted: 10/21/2009 6:43:28 PM
It would probably be as suspect as having a profile on a dating site, stating you are single when apparently you arent. Some people carry 2 phones, one from work etc. But even a work phone usually isn't a prepaid one, and it wouldn't be a secret.

Ask him about the phone, tell him about your profile.

<div class='quote'>Have you checked to make sure the cell phone you came across is active?

I have some old cell phones put away that I replaced with my newer phone. They would appear to be concealed (tossed in a drawer). One could easily have been tossed in a glove compartment.

Just a thought.

Now that you mention it, I have 4 celphones sitting in a drawer (2 nokia 6620's, an HTC Touch, and an iPhone 3G LOL) so that is a possible explanation. None of mine are operable though, without the simm card which is in my current iphone.

EvilLolli
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Having 2 cellphones
Posted: 10/21/2009 9:50:15 PM
I still want to know how you found the phone and why you were looking? If it is the OP and the profile says single-what spouse do you have? If the guy is on his way to being your ex spouse-what is the point of snooping? If you snoop in his car, have you snooped so many other places in his life he felt the need to have a secret phone? Inquiring minds wanna know.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Having 2 cellphones
Posted: 10/22/2009 5:29:26 AM
OP...does your ol man know youre looking for a man for a long term relationship on POF? Pitch Sneeze
 licoricecat_1
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Having 2 cellphones
Posted: 10/22/2009 5:37:59 AM
My ex-boyfriend had 3 cellphones always on him! They caused alot of problems. I say that person is definitely hiding something or maybe he is obsessed with documenting his calls for some legal purpose. Read between the lines....this is why he is my EX. Major game-playing and living a double-life.
 sinlov
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Having 2 cellphones
Posted: 11/12/2009 11:58:27 AM
Did you find any good numbers on it? I wouldn't call them just yet. But I'd take notes.
Ask him about it, if you are suppose to be exclusively his. Good luck with that.
 greyfox97
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Having 2 cellphones
Posted: 1/25/2010 3:46:17 PM
Me too! I don't see it as a big deal.
 milt_n_bradley
Msg: 28
Having 2 cellphones
Posted: 1/26/2010 3:01:32 AM
Sounds like trust is an issue in your relationship.
If you weren't so nosy,he probably wouldn't have to have a second phone.
Try working on your trust issues FIRST.....and then the extra phone thing later.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >