Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men over 45 who dye their hair      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 76
Men over 45 who dye their hairPage 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)

Men don't need to wear make-up or worry about laugh lines and crow's feet. That doesn't mean they don't need to take care of themselves to look good: good health habits tend to help keep a person looking attractive, fit, etc., but culturally men are allowed to age in a way that women aren't.

I agree with good health habits and I will concede your point about men being allowed to age in a way women aren't, and thank goodness for that, otherwise I might have had to pack it in when I hit 30 and started losing may hair! lol

I just accepted I'd never again have the long hair of my youth and went with it. No wigs, no 'smothers' (comb-overs) and no hair transplants, they're almost always obvious and not flattering.

But there are some women, yourself amongst them, who have aged really well, and many others who wear the lines they've earnt from years spent smiling and laughing equally well.

Smiles and the lines they make are beautiful.
 louise1571
Msg: 77
Men over 45 who dye their hair
Posted: 11/17/2009 11:55:33 AM
I think it is great. It think it looks best with a little gray showing through. Makes a man look more virile -- unless he is blond and bald -- ouch.
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2009 9:00:08 PM
All that matters to me guys have all their hair. I perfer long hair on men or a a good thick head of style hair. I hate buzz cuts and shaved heads, and balding hair.
To dye or not does not matter to me. Grey hair looks good on men. If they dye it, they really should also darken their brows and lashes with cosmetics to go with their dyed hair. Dyed hair in contrast with grey lashes and brows, makes them look older and washed out. I also wish men would wear eyeliner.
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 79
Posted: 11/18/2009 2:47:23 AM

And if you can't afford a professional, use a women's product in a flattering shade - most men's products look like shoe polish - and have a female friend or relative do it for you.

I find men today really do a rather nice job with coloring their hair.. One fellow I met had was a natural blond and he streaked it.. His hair looked really nice light sunlight shining through..

thecatsmeoww
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 80
Posted: 11/18/2009 2:52:36 AM

But there are some women, yourself amongst them, who have aged really well, and many others who wear the lines they've earnt from years spent smiling and laughing equally well.
Smiles and the lines they make are beautiful.

Well that is sweet of you to say Syd.. but personally speaking I refrain from eating sugar which causes wrinkles.. I also use a DNA cream daily to keep them at bay.. I tend to smile with my eyes these days..

thecatsmeoww
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 81
Posted: 11/18/2009 3:04:23 AM
I still have a problem feeling physically attracted to a man with white or silver hair. I feel like I'm dating my grandfather and I can't help it - I get that "ick" factor going. White/silver hair just does nothing for me.

Dark brown hair is my weakness. I would have no problem at all if a man were to dye out the grey and bring his hair back to the shade of brown it used to be. I'd prefer it, actually.

The only really bad dye jobs I ever see are when men dye their hair jet black. It looks SO fake - like they took shoe polish and painted their heads with it.
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 82
Posted: 11/18/2009 3:05:49 AM

I tend to smile with my eyes these days..

Smiling eyes can be compelling...
 thecatsmeoww
Msg: 83
Posted: 11/18/2009 3:14:00 AM

Smiling eyes can be compelling...

I think that is the Mohawk in me.. I am told when I give someone my "stink eyes" it can make one shudder though..

thecatsmeoww
 blueyesrsmiling
Msg: 84
Posted: 11/18/2009 3:16:55 AM
I had went out with someone and we decided to eat outside and I looked at him and realized he had dyed his hair jet black....and it looked horrible. I have dated men that streak their hair....I like it. I also like grey..and some men with long hair...unless its dirty looking or so thin that it looks crappy. But bald is beautiful.....I love a shaved head. Heck there isn't much I don't like about men and their hair.
 WishN4more
Msg: 85
Posted: 11/19/2009 6:31:07 PM
I'm old and still single, yet look 20+ years younger and live an active adventure lifestyle. My 'age group' gave up on me and ignored my interests looong ago so I'm usually searching in younger age groups. I search those active younger women to share this energy of life so sure, I dye my hair. I've got too many other things working against me so why not use the hair thing to an advantage?
 Miss W
Msg: 86
Posted: 11/19/2009 6:45:31 PM
^^Really?

Dyed hair on men isn't much different than on a woman, as long as you have someone who knows what they are doing and it looks good with your skin tone. The rule is lighter as you age.
 c_deacon
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2009 3:48:57 PM
wishn4........You would actually consider a girl of 18 as being viable for you at 58?

You would not consider viable any woman over 50, even though they would be younger than you are?

Many of us still live an active lifestyle and enjoy adventures, but really, come on now, no matter how much you dye your hair, if an 18 year old girl thinks you are viable, she has even more problems than you do.

I too, search for active women to share my activities, but I would never consider an 18 year old when I could have those much closer to may age, that look just as good, are in shape, and have all those life experiences I so much prefer to have around me......PLUS......More than likely, they will be dying their hair as well.......so, much more tit for tat, and as I remember.....I enjoy attractive, fit, and experienced tits and tats........

OT.......If no one notices, then it is good, but if everyone does, you would be better off gray.

cd.........
 Just one shark
Msg: 88
Posted: 11/21/2009 4:29:29 PM
I'm in that range and I've been dying my hair for years, Just glad I have hair to die.. As I am not comfortably set in a business situation, I find that "age discrimination" does exist, and if I can knock of 10 yrs by dying my hair so be it, and if we want to go down that route about it being natural.. lol I've never went to bed with an ugly woman... but I ....... sure woke up with a few..... just kidding girls, I never ever in my life woke up with a strange woman....
 CoolOldBroad
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2009 6:13:36 PM
As long as it gets you thru the nite and doesn't make me look like an idiot b/c I'm standing next to you........contrast, you know?
 RoadTrip3500
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2009 6:54:54 PM
I'm not dying my hair mainly because of my mom. She's 70 and has a full head of silver hair that looks terrific. I won't have the full head of it, but I'll take the silver over the dyes/gels/liquids/creams every day of the week.
 hollyfilly
Msg: 91
Posted: 11/23/2009 5:23:38 AM
I feel like you should be able to color your hair. Most women do after age 45. I put color in my hair and I always feel so much prettier when I get it freshly done. So go for it. I bet lots of men have it done they are just not telling!
 lilemilyem
Msg: 92
Posted: 11/23/2009 10:18:51 AM
Why would it different for men than women. For some it looks natural just the same as for women. A bad dye job is simply a bad dye job male or female.
 aaamm
Msg: 93
Posted: 11/23/2009 11:41:58 AM
^^^^^I remember being told when I was married, that some men are called silver foxes. You sir are a prime example. Honestly, any woman not find a man of your character and looks attractive, makes me scratch my head.
 SimplyStella202
Msg: 94
Posted: 11/23/2009 4:53:57 PM
If they don't go to a salon to do it, like most of you said on here. It looks unnatural, and crappy. I like salt and pepper. The flip side is, a man can look distinguished, with grey in it, but a woman, just looks old, According to all the commercials and magazines and the products we must buy to look eternally youthful, that is. Synchronisity.. just an observation. It's spelled syn·chro·nic·i·ty. jmho Unless you are wanting it to mean something else??
 *mandrake*
Msg: 95
Posted: 11/23/2009 5:29:00 PM
To each their own....I don't dye my hair. It is what it is! My motto is, if you don't like what ya see? Keep on a lookin! Everyone is different in what they find attractive.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 96
Posted: 11/23/2009 6:03:16 PM

I like to think people are attracted to me for my personality, vitality and rakishly good looks, even though I'm over sixty. If the hair is a deal breaker, so be it!

...You wear sixty very, very well Love the silver grey hair.

...maeflowers
 carolann0308
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2009 9:07:55 AM

yet look 20+ years younger

No you don't. You just feel that way.
 aaamm
Msg: 98
Posted: 11/24/2009 10:08:40 AM
Yeah, I look 20 years younger, oh wait, that is my old wedding picture I am looking at. Gosh, my mom and sister look 20 years younger too I don't look like that young woman, I look like myself, matured, aged, experienced, and loved. I might give back some of the days, but not the years I lived and the happiness I experienced.

My fiance doesn't want to color his hair and won't, his room mate does color his hair and it looks good on him. Every man should do the same as every woman, do what they think looks best on them. A secure and confident person is more attractive than one that isn't. But we are our age and all look our age, it is only our age to look.
 _Icon_
Msg: 99
Posted: 11/24/2009 2:51:50 PM
Redken makes a product for men called Color Camo. It is a semi-permanent color that blends rather than covers grey. It actually works very well with natural looking results.

I think any guy considering coloring his hair is just hip to what women have been doing for eternity. If he wants to blend some of that grey, why not?

Some guys look great with grey hair, others might want to check out the Redken stuff.

I know I hate looking at my own silvery roots, These days I'm a redhead, next month I might be a brunette. The one thing I am not is a blonde. Blonde is a state of mind. It's not me.
 sweet lady Lori
Msg: 100
Posted: 11/24/2009 3:39:02 PM
While most men are considered debonair, sexy, distinguished, etc...with salt 7 pepper and/or gray hair, I suppose some are just as self conscience as women are. I have no problem with any man wanting to color his gray. Heck, I do!!
I use L'Oreal and I am worth it, lol!! So, if some guy wants to grab a bottle of Grecian for men, so be it
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men over 45 who dye their hair