Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men over 45 who dye their hair      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mr.evil
Msg: 123
Men over 45 who dye their hairPage 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Nah, not for me! As Popeye said "I yam what I yam!"

I always had fine hair, some thin spots, but a full head of hair. If it starts to get to thin, I' ll chop it off, ala Mr. clean.

As for color, not for me, I'm salt and pepper now, when it's grey, it's grey.

That's me!!!!!!!!!!
 BonnieTy
Msg: 124
Men over 45 who dye their hair
Posted: 12/13/2009 4:59:58 AM
I don't color my hair to match my natural; I color my hair to change my appearance. I get bored looking at the same hair color, so occasionally (once a year, anymore) I change the color. I was a blonde at the beginning of this year (I was born blonde), then a few months ago decided to go "golden brown". Who knows what I'll be next year, lol! I feel as long as my skin holds up/doesn't start sagging/wrinkling on my face, I will color my hair. Once the age physically takes hold, I will stop.

So men color their hair to make it look natural? Do they/y'all ever experiment with another shade out of curiosity? (Just curious, myself, lol!)
 *buzz*
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2009 3:38:16 AM
Well, I know one - a quite distant friend - well over 45 who dyes his hair. And although his appearance in the first instance seems to be top-notch when one has time to sit down & talk his true features show up clearly and do reflect his true age.

No, he is no less in my eyes but he makes me chuckle with his penchant for dark looking hair.

"Different strokes for different folks"
 StuVaBch
Msg: 126
Posted: 12/15/2009 10:15:19 AM
he makes me chuckle with his penchant for dark looking hair

Too funny...

Women are willing to jump through any hoops.. even endure pain if necessary, to make themselves appear younger.. but if a man does it.. well.. that's worth a chuckle. I wonder how many of you ladies that sit down with your new hair color and perfect makeup even realize that your hands give you away? You want a real chuckle? That 40 something woman that still thinks she can trade clothes with her teenager.

Guys, don't listen to these women. If you have your hair color done by a salon that will blend out most of the grey while leaving some ... they will think you look better and not even know why.
 Savona
Msg: 127
Posted: 12/15/2009 11:23:38 AM
First a man just having hair is a good start. I do date bald men but prefer a man with a few good strands still growing. As for colour, lets just say I like a man who has got style. If he is looking fine salt n pepper, or grey I am good with that. If they like to dab up the colour I am good with that too.

Men should do what makes them feel good. if they feel good then they will be looking good I think

Savona
 StuVaBch
Msg: 128
Posted: 12/15/2009 11:42:34 AM

Men should do what makes them feel good

I agree..

If you take a look at my main profile pic you should be able to see that my hair is mostly grey in that shot. I just put a new pic up (the one in the suit) where the hair is colored and leaves grey at the temples.

There's a real example... bash away if you like ladies but the only opinion that really counts is my own...
 browneyesboo
Msg: 129
Posted: 12/17/2009 9:35:39 AM
I don't see why men shouldn't dye their hair if they want to.
Women do it all the time.
And women who say men who dye their hair look fake are
just kidding themselves. Who the heck hasn't seen some amazingly
awful dye jobs on women before?
I think people should do whatever the heck they want if it makes
them feel good and doesn't hurt anyone else.
and PS to Stu...nice pictures...noticable difference...kudos to you!
 scottey63
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2009 10:31:41 AM
There's no way I would dye my hair. I don't think it looks good on men. More often it looks like you're wearing a cheap rug.

I don't care how grey I get, as long as I have my hair (so far, so good).
If I went bald, I think I would crop it very close, like Patrick Stewart.

As for facial hair, if it goes grey before your hair, I would just shave it.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 131
Posted: 12/18/2009 10:43:44 AM
I wonder how many of you ladies that sit down with your new hair color and perfect makeup even realize that your hands give you away

.....Now that gave me a chuckle...believe me, at my age...my hands are the least of my worries.

...maeflowers
 whothehellknows
Msg: 132
Posted: 12/19/2009 7:21:06 PM
Hell, I wish I had enough hair left to dye!

Actually no, I am fine with the receding hairline as it is just part of aging and my self esteem is in no way related to my hair. But I would never dye my hair. It is what it is, and I kind of like the level of gray I have right now.

But I have seen friends and coworkers who dye their hair, and it was almost always ugly or stupid looking. Sometimes both. If you are going to dye your hair, pick what used to be your natural hair color!
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 133
Posted: 12/20/2009 12:28:45 PM
...While standing in line at the supermarket a few days ago I caught a glimpse of a guy who must have been in his late 50's maybe early 60's and he had coloured his hair jet black, eyebrow and mustache too. Kinda reminded me of Groucho Marx.

The funny thing was his girfriend/wife came and joined him and she too had the jet black hair. I guess they got into the black hair dye the night before and had a bit of fun doing each other's hair. But they shouldn't have went black, too harsh.

...maeflowers
 Blue-Eyes-Shine
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2009 1:01:53 PM
I dated a man who colored his hair a nice light brown, not to dark or harsh a color. He looked very nice...but I have to admit when it grew out some so that the gray showed at his temples...mmmmm sexy!

So why is it us women view gray hair as sexy and men view gray hair on women as not being sexy? I think women appreciate maturity in a man and view gray hair as such.
 FluffyBrain
Msg: 135
Posted: 12/20/2009 4:56:52 PM
most people look better without grey, but if a dye job looks fake and harsh, you're better off grey. if you have a good stylist, no reason to be grey.
 *buzz*
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2009 3:53:30 AM

If you have your hair color done by a salon that will blend out most of the grey while leaving some ...

I would be for this kind of moderation - if it came to push & shove - as for me greyish hair on men I find as a proud memento of their stage in life. Beside, greyish or grey hairy chest would still feel the same against my skin. O la la la ...

P.S.
I'm with Billy Joel:
/Don't go tryin', some new fashion,
Don't change the color of your hair, mmmmm
You always have my unspoken passion...
 clockwork lime
Msg: 137
Posted: 12/21/2009 2:36:44 PM

P.S.
I'm with Billy Joel:
/Don't go tryin', some new fashion,
Don't change the color of your hair, mmmmm
You always have my unspoken passion...

I think he was probably singing about a lady in her twenties.
I wonder what he'd be singing today about women his own age.
He'd probably change his tune (or at least the lyrics).
 DivineBovine
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2009 2:51:32 PM
^^^since he's been dumped by his 32 years younger wife, i suspect he'd be singing EXACTLY the same thing!

Beminetonight
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2009 5:59:01 PM
Dye my hair? What hair?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Men over 45 who dye their hair