Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 71
view profile
History
seeing guy for 2 months and he still on pofPage 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)

This could have been in the first post rather then 3 pages in ya know...
I suspect if she had of put it in the first post .. Lots of the guys would have torn her a new one for not trusting him and checking his email. O_o

But with all the information you have, why in the feck would you even need to ask the question? Seriously why? If you were in a car accident would you have to ask the rescue working cutting away the jagged metal to free you if you should believe that you were in a wreck?
Gotta agree with ya, there!

I often ask myself why an oposter asks the questions they do.. I've come to the conclusion that they actually know what the deal is, but they like the person so much, (or, at least they think they do) that they just need the momentum the fora folks provide and need that push in order to be brave. *shrugs*
 cherriish
Msg: 72
view profile
History
seeing guy for 2 months and he still on pof
Posted: 10/24/2009 12:10:05 PM
Take your profile totally off while he watches. Then stand there and have him take his off. There is no guarentee that he will not come back onto POF as a different person, not does he have proof that you will not, but both will have been taken off in front of the other. Hidding a profile just means you are temporarily off.
He may have an addiction to Internet dating.
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2009 12:49:23 PM

I agree with Ricky. It's suspicious if he has a POF profile looking for friends but the OP has one and it's supposed to be fine? WTF? OP, you're every bit the jerk that he is as well as a hypocrite. Pot meet kettle
I wish you'd get help for your negativity, mysoginy and poor reading comprehension.. You'd be so much more happier and we wouldn't have to read your pain everytime you post.

Guess I am just stupid
Being a trusting individual doesn't make you stupid, although sometimes it makes us believe that those that are abusing our trust THINK we are stupid.. It's an ego thing.. and it's human nature.

You're not stupid and don't let us hear you say that again.
 msdorothy
Msg: 79
Posted: 10/24/2009 1:08:50 PM
Out of the mouths of babes...lolol
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2009 1:10:10 PM

OK , i'll let "Oprah" explain it to me.
I wasn't directing that at you, Rick.

But theres that nagging question in the back of my head :If he had anything to hide, why did he send her a message
because he thought he had her fooled and she was buying his sh*t

Guess I'm Stupid !
Nope.. just a guy
 CountIbli
Msg: 83
Posted: 10/24/2009 1:24:58 PM

I just love the man bashing threads, always filled with the same people who whine is anything even comes close to insulting women.

What I think is interesting is that they've been dating for just 2 months and she wants to control his life. This guy should run away as fast as he can.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2009 1:51:59 PM
So nifty,My question is: once you found out he was conversing with other women, why did you continue?
That puzzles me.
 MyFunIsAnArtForm
Msg: 94
Posted: 10/24/2009 9:40:36 PM
Why date someone you have to change?

Or maybe you like drama?
 wildrose49
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2009 9:58:39 PM
My opinion is that if you all agreed on an exclusive relationship.....then why hide profiles. Why is anyone still on here or there? It is hard with the internet dating now a days because cheating is easier. It takes up time and gets addicting for some. If he gets off of this site what about other sites and how do you keep track of his e-mail account without being accused of being nosy? I wouldn't trust him.....he should have kept his word and if he didn't know how to hide his profile.....why didn't he snuggle up with you and let you shoe him?
 wildrose49
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2009 10:12:19 PM
I agree with your opinion....what is jealous and insecure? When another persons actions take away another's Dignity.....it is all about Dignity and respect. People with good moral beliefs do not try to hurt someone by cheating, gawking etc. And then say it is jealousy or insecurities.
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2009 11:20:22 PM
Rock man isn't a mysogynist.. He is well liked and respected for his opinions in the forums.. Blunt, witty and sensical.. Unlike repeated rhetoric only about the evils of woman , sprinkled with little to no advice whatsoever offered. See the difference?? He calls em when he sees em.. he dose'nt see em all the same way.
 ~*Isabel Kitty*~
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2009 2:55:14 AM
Yeah sorry but red flags. My bf lives 1-2 hrs away and his profile is hidden. Though we've got a year under us, the distance has only been in play about 2 months and sure it's a risk, it makes it harder, but you can't keep "what if's" open if you want to be exclusive. My profile isn't hidden as I do forums, but I have not single/not looking.
 RK831
Msg: 100
Posted: 10/25/2009 7:18:04 AM
If he's still on POF, so what? Too much speculation.
 garyguitar01
Msg: 101
Posted: 10/25/2009 10:13:16 AM
Dump him. He's a player.
 ScreamingBanshee
Msg: 103
Posted: 10/25/2009 10:32:32 AM
This site can make or break relationships. Honestly, him staying at your place 3x a week with only 2 months into the relationship is just plain crazy. I never bring anyone home to meet my kids unless I am sure that the relationship will survive the ups and downs.

At 2 months into a relationship, I am still getting to know how it is the man ticks. If you know that much about a man enough to let him stay with you that many times during the week, bravo. Those are azzhat excuses that he gave you and he is proving to you that he really doesn't take you seriously.

Don't care if a man lives far enough to actually drive down. When a woman is worth it, he will make that trip. If he is that much into you, he will respect your home and keep his ass in a hotel. I wouldn't be quick to try the "sleep over thing" until I am sure he won't be playing the crappy profile game on a dating site and keeping his options open.

He is a man and he's got his needs. Why not try to let the woman take care of them? After all, wasn't it you who opened the door and let him stay 3x a week because his punk azz is too cheap to pay for a hotel room?
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 106
Posted: 10/25/2009 12:49:07 PM
Yes, you're being naive. If he's staying at your house 3 times a week, you two are a couple. You're TRULY dating. He knows that.

He's lying about not knowing how to hide it, and pulling the distance thing or "just commenting on funny profiles" -- that's all BS. Basically he wants to have his cake and eat it, too. I can understand the distance thing being an issue for the long-term, true. But even if he has doubts about the long-term, he should BE TAKEN at least while he is taken.

I suggest you telling him that you're going to re-activate your account and message guys and exchange email addresses and talk... but you know, just about funny profiles and such. I'm sure he won't like that... OR if he is cool with that, then he's not wanting to date you, but just wants a FWB. But since he's driving out there and staying there 3 times a week -- he wants you more than just a FWB, unless he's had recent 2nd thoughts.

I wouldn't trust him if I were you. I'd just tell him that it's obvious he wants to see other people, and that you two can't be dating anymore.
 Wishes Granted
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2009 10:00:38 PM

You're an idiot if you think I see everyone "the same way". What a joke
You jump on the bandwagon everytime someone say anything negative about women. As you know, I post regularily.. therefore I see what you do. You will also note, that I've NEVER jumped on a man-bashing thread .. I do not call men who do not show a consistant mysoginistic approach to posting.. mysoginists. In other words, if the shoe fits.. you wear it. You're like a rabid dog and often, when you see a man say something derogatory towards women you jump into the thread just to cheer him on.

Trying to be a bully and throwing the word "mysoginist" around every 2 seconds like some insane feminist parrot
I only throw the word mysoginist around when/if I see it being displayed. Which is very seldom. I've even accused a WOMAN of being one. *gasps*

just because the person someone disagrees with happens to be a woman shows that you have serious issues and some HUGE baggage to get rid of.
I didn't accuse "just because a man disagreed with a woman.. it's consistant deragatory comments and antaganism that caused me to.
We all have some baggage .. Do you pay the over-weight fee when you travel???

BTW: Throwing away words like "Feminazi" every 2 seconds makes you better how?
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 108
Posted: 10/25/2009 10:03:37 PM
feminazi drama queens

WTF?! Insert feminine-type diabolical giggle here

What's funny to me is the number of men you just labelled "feminazi drama queens"

=================
I would like to go on record as saying that *my* profile pic is NOT photoshopped!
VVVVVVVVVVVVV
 ladyc4
Msg: 113
Posted: 10/28/2009 3:54:19 PM

would be my guess he likes you but not enough to be committed.The distance is probably to much for him and he's not willing to do it for to long.I'ts my guess your having a sexual relationship with him and it's my opinion he's traveling the distance for that.He's not willing to give that up until he has someone else on the line which is why he still checks his profile

And I think the OP should reactivate her profile and avail herself of the same opportunities. All she needs to do is tell him that she has rethought the "exclusive" part, and is putting her profile back up so she can check HER matches and keep HER options open. I agree that 2 months is really not much time to be making exclusivity decisions. Of course, as a real world practical matter, these things often become exclusive by default( it takes a VERY strong and self assured man or woman to countenance the object of their interest dating other people),but keeping one's profile up and active on a dating site is a bit much. If the people involved have friends or want to participate in the forums, there are a number of ways to do that.
While the last thing I want to do, or advocate, is joining at the hip with someone based predominantly on close proximity, or that relationships HAVE to be 24/7 cohabitation . But relationships with someone living a distance away do have some potential drawbacks.
Cindy O
 swellaswell
Msg: 123
Posted: 10/29/2009 3:58:15 PM
Well,,I was casually dating someone,,,,,it was too soon ,,,,,,,,,,,so we kept our profiles up.
One day,,I go in to send him a cheeky message,,,and I see one of our "special dates" described in an attempt to make him look romantic and lure other women.

He later slept with someone,,,told me about it and expected me to be okay.
Got hysterical, actually ,,when I wasn't. Maybe I wasn't clear enough,,,but it doesn't matter,,,,,,,,,,I still ditched the loser.

You've made yourself clear.
He is saying the words,,,but actions are so much louder.
He is not ready for exclusive. He just wants you to be available to him while he shops around,,,,,,,,,,,having his cake and eating it too.
Show him THIS,,see if he finds it funny.
HE IS STILL SHOPPING.
Don't even tell him to stop. You shouldn't have to.
You can't trust him,,you don't already. The trust is gone,,,,,,,,awfully early for such things. I chose to walk away,,,why try to not be mad,,when there are so many out there who HAVEN"T done that to me.
 Manofenergy1
Msg: 127
Posted: 11/1/2009 11:21:39 AM
He's looking for the next best thing.
 Tiredandhaggard1
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 8:41:41 PM
Kick his sorry ass to the curb. He is a cheater!!! I met a schemer like this also. Amazingly, it was a distance relationship as well. They like to be at a distance so that they can carry on their cheating without being caught!!

He wants you to show him how to hide his profile??? Something wrong there. How many other profiles and profile names does he have online???

Remember: WORDS ARE CHEAP
 Applette
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 10:23:28 PM
nifty country girl ... I think you had better shake off all that country hay you have picked up over the years and grab a brain. Do you really need advise? I am ashamed of you!!! You give woman a bad name!! hahaha
 Gideon_70
Msg: 141
Posted: 11/17/2009 3:23:39 PM
PoF is not your issue. Why are you acting so controlling toward him? You resort to manipulation to force him to drop his profile on here? You browbeat him to make sure that no other women look at him... or is it that you hate that he might find someone better looking than you?

I have some questions...
1. Why are you on here asking for justification in trying to attach the ball and chain,
2. If he is not allowed on here anymore, why are YOU here,
and
3. If you and he DO get together, will you trust him out of your sight? Or will you try to treat him like a captive puppy?

He is with you, or he is not. Jealousy is the fear of being replaced. Jealousy is a good emotion that protects a family. Envy is wanting to have something and hide it in a box, safe and secure and yours, yours, yours. Envy is a rotten emotion that destroys.
 RubyJade321
Msg: 146
Posted: 11/26/2009 12:53:45 AM
He is seeing other people and keeping his options open. Curb him. Quickly.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >