Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Men 35-44, are we in the sweet spot?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cooldude
Msg: 60
Men 35-44, are we in the sweet spot?Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

For example, a lot of girls like to date within 5 years of their age. I myself know a large number of females that think this way. Friends, co-workers, relatives, etc. You can read forum posts from females of all ages explaining that they don't want to date someone 5, or 10 or more years older.

Have you been on the forums long...lol

A recent study in the US showed that almost 1/3 of women aged 40-69 were dating men ten or more years their junior
 mysticaries
Msg: 61
Men 35-44, are we in the sweet spot?
Posted: 12/7/2009 12:41:11 PM

Women have a sweet spot. Real sweet.

Exactly. An attractive woman can 'get' guys in just as broad of an age range more easily than a man can.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 62
Posted: 9/29/2010 3:34:32 PM

I'm 53. I'm no longer sweet.

you would be if your pocket book was....

OP- I'm 37 and I've dated women as young as 22 and and old as 52...all of 'em have been good looking to hot...all of the with good to killer bodies...

yes I think I'm in the sweet spot...or as I told my mother (straight after my divorce and she was telling me that I'd better hurry up if I wanted to find a woman and have kids) that as a man- I'm just starting to hit my prime at 35...

I'm not old and I'm just now starting to get to the point in my career where I am making some real money and beginning to amass some wealth...

and since that is what women want...hey...its like a homerun- especially if I actually dote money on women (which I do not)....
 venndiagram
Msg: 63
Posted: 9/29/2010 3:49:49 PM

I'm not old and I'm just now starting to get to the point in my career where I am making some real money and beginning to amass some wealth...

and since that is what women want...hey...its like a homerun- especially if I actually dote money on women (which I do not)....

At my age, I don't need a guy to have money- I've already advanced in my career, and have amassd what wealth I think I will need. (Of course it's always nice if both parties in a relationship are self sufficient, I'm just saying it's not like it's something women my age NEED or look for- at least not the ones I know)

Having been married for so long I havent done a whole lot of dating, but the men I have been involved with seriously ranged in age from 12 years younger to a few years older. Except for one man I dated from POF, I didnt know the ages of the others prior to going out. Nor did they know or ask my age.
 Redlance71
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2010 8:12:58 PM
I guess I am in the sweet spot then! 39, been around the block serveral times, own house and hot tub(that needs fixe). AND after years of dealing with whines I am now learning about wines lol! Going through a divorce and won't even consider cashing in on the "sweet spot" while techincally married. I'll probably do a singles cruise next spring, assuming I don't start dating someone, if so maybe I'll bring her with me lol! Looking forward towards the freedom. If I continually go home alone, it does not bother me as long as I am enjoying myself!

Now, release the femme-bots!
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 65
Posted: 9/29/2010 11:20:45 PM
vennn....I've NEVER met a woman, no matter what she has that is NOT attracted to a man that has more than she does.

you may not """"NNEEEEDDDD"""" a man for money...

but if he came around- how intoxicating, huh?
 venndiagram
Msg: 66
Posted: 9/30/2010 4:25:56 AM
Sorry Boon, Ive met many men who have more than I do. I can't say I found it intoxicating in the least. Many many of them I wasn't at all attracted to.

Since we have gone a bit off topic with this, feel free to email me should you wish to discuss it further!

Venn
 AnotherPinHead
Msg: 67
Posted: 9/30/2010 5:30:30 AM
Can't say I've ever been interested in dating a 'broad range' of women. I was married the entire stretch from 35-44 anyway. But as a newly divorced man at the age of 50, who was interested in dating someone in my own age group, I found I was in a very sweet spot indeed.

I'd like to thank my peers, who are off chasing girls (yes girls) 20 years younger than themselves , and/or who can't string 2 coherent sentences together, for making dating in my 50's far easier than it ever was when I was younger.
 tinainhouston39
Msg: 68
Posted: 9/30/2010 7:47:36 AM
Hahah interesting enough this is the age group that "hits" me up most often. What I'm finding is that most all are single, no children, very successfully, and looking for a good uterus. Seems as though these men have been focused on their jobs and now are ready to have a family at the ripe age of 35-40. They usually have everything together and are extremely balanced....really good career and living in the most desirable parts of town, playing on a local soccer/softball league. There are hundreds of them out there....and for some crazy reason they flock to me. I have had my children and paid extra for the Chinese knots on each side of my fallopian tubs. I'm not sure if other women in their 40's is experiencing this problem but it seems crazy to start a new friendship by asking "are you looking for a good uterus?”
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 69
Posted: 9/30/2010 8:11:22 AM
tina...I've always heard that knots are meant to be untied!

sounds like the only real problem is that you don't to birth anymore children! otherwise seems like the right kind of set up.
 tinainhouston39
Msg: 70
Posted: 9/30/2010 8:35:34 AM
[tina...I've always heard that knots are meant to be untied!]

Hahahah boondocksaint these tubes are never meant to be untied...lol The problem is that you have two people with totally different mind sets, therefore rendering the wrong kind of set up.
Great things happen physically to women when they turn 40....have you heard?? Why wouldn't one want to enjoy all those benefits rather than be bogged down with the burden of infants?? I have already done all that...time for some fun and excitement!
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 71
Posted: 9/30/2010 12:57:31 PM
tina- well if the men you speaking of, who do NOT have children yet- might actually want children.

of course- they outta be looking at younger women who are ready to have children...that's usually a better way of doing it.

i totally get you that at 40, you have no desire to have babies and start that all over again.

but just know that maybe that may wants that.

its just a matter of 2 people having different goals.

so why is it the men in that age brackett and the ones you mentioned- the "good ones" want kids? are there NOT guys of the same cloth that are fine with NOT having children or already have their own?
 tinainhouston39
Msg: 72
Posted: 9/30/2010 1:01:51 PM
[so why is it the men in that age brackett and the ones you mentioned- the "good ones" want kids? are there NOT guys of the same cloth that are fine with NOT having children or already have their own?]

It is my greatest hope to find one...the one for me! So, I hope so :)
 Walts
Msg: 73
Posted: 9/30/2010 7:44:45 PM
I'm betting GQ's sales were quite high to the simpletons aged 35-44????? Give me ANY age bracket and I can make an arguement on the good,the bad, and the ugly. Oh,,,it's not so hard to "sell" anything to anyone wanting to hear wishes. Just sayin.
 cw3k
Msg: 74
Posted: 10/1/2010 3:01:56 AM
Why only men? I find women in their 35 to 44 attractive. Of course, not all women, only those take good care of themselves, just like the men who take care of themselves are still attractive in their 35 to 44.
 TheReason_
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2012 11:46:07 AM
Actually the reason I don't have children of my own is this.

My whole life, I was careful when in a relationship and having sex. I was responsible, condoms, they were on the pill. There were no "whoops" or "mistakes" I always played it safe.

When I was 29, I decided to marry a woman who had 2 boys. I chose to raise them and love them as if they were my own. It's unfortunate we ended in divorce, but here I am, 42 with no biological children of my own, due to her having a tilted uterus. We did try-ish, which wasn't to say we would have sex according to the best time in her cycle. Before she was 40, I never pulled out. After she was 40, I did. We were both good either way, with or without a child of our own, but it never happened.

Now here I am, childless and divorced.

A lot of women in my dating age have children and may not want another. I'm also looking to retire at 55 which is a short 13 years away. Having a child now would keep me working to 60 and beyond. School, university etc. For me that ship has sailed. I do envy my friends who have kids of their own, I guess that's the price one pays for being careful and "smart".

:facepalm:
 seasinblue
Msg: 76
Posted: 3/17/2012 4:29:52 PM
This would only work if the guy is GQ material. He would, MUST, be really good looking. I end up dating younger guys because the late 30-40 group are not so appealing - try fat, bald (I think 88% are bald), and seriously facially challenged.

So, no, this sounds like fiction - unless he is hot. I don't think too many ladies are drooling over the fat bald 42 year-olds. Ain't my fantasy anyway -Viggo Mortenson - yup, that'll do.
 Capn_America
Msg: 77
Posted: 3/22/2012 8:09:13 AM
Call it the George Clooney Spot instead, and you got a deal, because that's how he's viewed too
 zuythemanfrog
Msg: 78
Posted: 3/22/2012 8:43:57 AM
Must be nice. 44 y/o here and can't hardly get a date to save my life and sex is non-existent. Still trying to find the one, but it's damn near impossible in this military town where all the single women are nothing but uniform chasers. Can't wait till I move to Denver!
 zuythemanfrog
Msg: 79
Posted: 3/22/2012 8:48:13 AM

At 38, I have a good interesting job, own my own place, many interests, confident without being****, still have my own teeth and hair, OK looking, but single.

Reason, so I am told almost continually for being single: because I don't want kids.

Too bad for you, dude. That's strange because from what I see, most women around our age have already had their kids and don't want to have any more. I would think the fact that you don't want to have kids wouldn't have much/any effect on your ability to have a relationship. Not doubting what you said, but it sounds like there is more to your lack of success that what women are telling you.
 zuythemanfrog
Msg: 80
Posted: 3/22/2012 9:34:37 AM
Even if said kids are grown and out of the house? If so, yeah , you're probably going to be alone for a LONG time!
 zuythemanfrog
Msg: 81
Posted: 3/22/2012 2:29:10 PM
Well, women who have their kids early in life are grandmothers by the time they are in the mid 30s-early 40s. That's the way it seems to be around here. There are a number of young grandmothers that are free and clear and still attractive and ready to try again. Maybe it's different in your area.
 Jaimes004
Msg: 82
Posted: 5/1/2012 6:35:30 AM
I will agree with this statement.

I do feel that way at age 39. When a man has his own home, a couple of cars, financially stable, so on and so forth, that is a big attraction to the single/divorced ladies.

The confident, easy going, men will have many opportunities, while the ones who possess the 'look of desperation' will see little to no action, and become frustrated. It just depends on the individual.

My dating options are plenty [based on the amount of effort I want to invest] and the sexual opportunities are there if I want them, but I prefer not to sleep around. So the 'once in a while' experience is fine with me.

I believe live will continue down this path of casual dating for me, simply because women I meet reach a boundary that they are not willing to cross. Their 'investment' is limited. The George Clooney effect.....absolutely.
 DeerTaint
Msg: 83
Posted: 5/1/2012 10:17:13 AM

See, that's the problem. I want a kid-free relationship full-stop. While there are childfree women out there, they are hard to find!.

Try being a woman and having the same thoughts. I don't have children and don't want any. I've gone to great lengths to make sure that will never happen. This doesn't mean I don't like children, but I am not "child proof" so to speak. I like being an adult and I don't want to have to worry about things that go along with children. A lot of men get to their late 30s/early 40s and decide they want to start having children which means they will look for younger woman. A vasectomy is a turn on LOL
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 84
Posted: 5/1/2012 1:06:29 PM

See, that's the problem. I want a kid-free relationship full-stop. While there are childfree women out there, they are hard to find!

You don't need to explain your preference here. Some don't get it and you'll just type yourself silly truly to open the minds of the closed-minded.

Try being a woman and having the same thoughts. I don't have children and don't want any. I've gone to great lengths to make sure that will never happen. This doesn't mean I don't like children, but I am not "child proof" so to speak. I like being an adult and I don't want to have to worry about things that go along with children. A lot of men get to their late 30s/early 40s and decide they want to start having children which means they will look for younger woman. A vasectomy is a turn on LOL

Try being a woman who's raised a child and still doesn't want to date a man with children. And I agree ~ a vasectomy is a turn on.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Men 35-44, are we in the sweet spot?