Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Men 35-44, are we in the sweet spot?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 71
Men 35-44, are we in the sweet spot?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
tina- well if the men you speaking of, who do NOT have children yet- might actually want children.

of course- they outta be looking at younger women who are ready to have children...that's usually a better way of doing it.

i totally get you that at 40, you have no desire to have babies and start that all over again.

but just know that maybe that may wants that.

its just a matter of 2 people having different goals.

so why is it the men in that age brackett and the ones you mentioned- the "good ones" want kids? are there NOT guys of the same cloth that are fine with NOT having children or already have their own?
 tinainhouston39
Msg: 72
Men 35-44, are we in the sweet spot?
Posted: 9/30/2010 1:01:51 PM
[so why is it the men in that age brackett and the ones you mentioned- the "good ones" want kids? are there NOT guys of the same cloth that are fine with NOT having children or already have their own?]

It is my greatest hope to find one...the one for me! So, I hope so :)
 Walts
Msg: 73
Posted: 9/30/2010 7:44:45 PM
I'm betting GQ's sales were quite high to the simpletons aged 35-44????? Give me ANY age bracket and I can make an arguement on the good,the bad, and the ugly. Oh,,,it's not so hard to "sell" anything to anyone wanting to hear wishes. Just sayin.
 cw3k
Msg: 74
Posted: 10/1/2010 3:01:56 AM
Why only men? I find women in their 35 to 44 attractive. Of course, not all women, only those take good care of themselves, just like the men who take care of themselves are still attractive in their 35 to 44.
 TheReason_
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2012 11:46:07 AM
Actually the reason I don't have children of my own is this.

My whole life, I was careful when in a relationship and having sex. I was responsible, condoms, they were on the pill. There were no "whoops" or "mistakes" I always played it safe.

When I was 29, I decided to marry a woman who had 2 boys. I chose to raise them and love them as if they were my own. It's unfortunate we ended in divorce, but here I am, 42 with no biological children of my own, due to her having a tilted uterus. We did try-ish, which wasn't to say we would have sex according to the best time in her cycle. Before she was 40, I never pulled out. After she was 40, I did. We were both good either way, with or without a child of our own, but it never happened.

Now here I am, childless and divorced.

A lot of women in my dating age have children and may not want another. I'm also looking to retire at 55 which is a short 13 years away. Having a child now would keep me working to 60 and beyond. School, university etc. For me that ship has sailed. I do envy my friends who have kids of their own, I guess that's the price one pays for being careful and "smart".

:facepalm:
 seasinblue
Msg: 76
Posted: 3/17/2012 4:29:52 PM
This would only work if the guy is GQ material. He would, MUST, be really good looking. I end up dating younger guys because the late 30-40 group are not so appealing - try fat, bald (I think 88% are bald), and seriously facially challenged.

So, no, this sounds like fiction - unless he is hot. I don't think too many ladies are drooling over the fat bald 42 year-olds. Ain't my fantasy anyway -Viggo Mortenson - yup, that'll do.
 Capn_America
Msg: 77
Posted: 3/22/2012 8:09:13 AM
Call it the George Clooney Spot instead, and you got a deal, because that's how he's viewed too
 zuythemanfrog
Msg: 78
Posted: 3/22/2012 8:43:57 AM
Must be nice. 44 y/o here and can't hardly get a date to save my life and sex is non-existent. Still trying to find the one, but it's damn near impossible in this military town where all the single women are nothing but uniform chasers. Can't wait till I move to Denver!
 zuythemanfrog
Msg: 79
Posted: 3/22/2012 8:48:13 AM

At 38, I have a good interesting job, own my own place, many interests, confident without being****, still have my own teeth and hair, OK looking, but single.

Reason, so I am told almost continually for being single: because I don't want kids.

Too bad for you, dude. That's strange because from what I see, most women around our age have already had their kids and don't want to have any more. I would think the fact that you don't want to have kids wouldn't have much/any effect on your ability to have a relationship. Not doubting what you said, but it sounds like there is more to your lack of success that what women are telling you.
 zuythemanfrog
Msg: 80
Posted: 3/22/2012 9:34:37 AM
Even if said kids are grown and out of the house? If so, yeah , you're probably going to be alone for a LONG time!
 zuythemanfrog
Msg: 81
Posted: 3/22/2012 2:29:10 PM
Well, women who have their kids early in life are grandmothers by the time they are in the mid 30s-early 40s. That's the way it seems to be around here. There are a number of young grandmothers that are free and clear and still attractive and ready to try again. Maybe it's different in your area.
 Jaimes004
Msg: 82
Posted: 5/1/2012 6:35:30 AM
I will agree with this statement.

I do feel that way at age 39. When a man has his own home, a couple of cars, financially stable, so on and so forth, that is a big attraction to the single/divorced ladies.

The confident, easy going, men will have many opportunities, while the ones who possess the 'look of desperation' will see little to no action, and become frustrated. It just depends on the individual.

My dating options are plenty [based on the amount of effort I want to invest] and the sexual opportunities are there if I want them, but I prefer not to sleep around. So the 'once in a while' experience is fine with me.

I believe live will continue down this path of casual dating for me, simply because women I meet reach a boundary that they are not willing to cross. Their 'investment' is limited. The George Clooney effect.....absolutely.
 DeerTaint
Msg: 83
Posted: 5/1/2012 10:17:13 AM

See, that's the problem. I want a kid-free relationship full-stop. While there are childfree women out there, they are hard to find!.

Try being a woman and having the same thoughts. I don't have children and don't want any. I've gone to great lengths to make sure that will never happen. This doesn't mean I don't like children, but I am not "child proof" so to speak. I like being an adult and I don't want to have to worry about things that go along with children. A lot of men get to their late 30s/early 40s and decide they want to start having children which means they will look for younger woman. A vasectomy is a turn on LOL
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 84
Posted: 5/1/2012 1:06:29 PM

See, that's the problem. I want a kid-free relationship full-stop. While there are childfree women out there, they are hard to find!

You don't need to explain your preference here. Some don't get it and you'll just type yourself silly truly to open the minds of the closed-minded.

Try being a woman and having the same thoughts. I don't have children and don't want any. I've gone to great lengths to make sure that will never happen. This doesn't mean I don't like children, but I am not "child proof" so to speak. I like being an adult and I don't want to have to worry about things that go along with children. A lot of men get to their late 30s/early 40s and decide they want to start having children which means they will look for younger woman. A vasectomy is a turn on LOL

Try being a woman who's raised a child and still doesn't want to date a man with children. And I agree ~ a vasectomy is a turn on.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Men 35-44, are we in the sweet spot?