Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Rep. Alan Grayson - Republicans are Enemies of AmericaPage 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
it is true,the Republicans are Enemies of America,they have ruined so much,hold us hostage against change now,and demand more of the same stuff that hasn't worked before,and why,well for money.Trickle down is just a term,it doesn't mean anything actually trickles down to reach the masses.regular low income or poor people are something they say they are concerned about,you don't actually believe its true,its just a saying,it gives the impression they care !
 EarlzP
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Rep. Alan Grayson - Republicans are Enemies of America
Posted: 11/4/2009 7:06:43 PM

Saying Grayson is just telling it like it is like saying Glen Beck is just telling it like it is...........According to Grayson Republicans are the alleged enemies of America .....According to Beck Obama and his followers are.....It is interesting to note that at least Beck attempts a little research before making such statements Grayson just offers his worthless opinion.....So the answer is for the Government to forcibly take from those that have to give to those who don't, gotta love the Robin Hood mentality....

Congressperson Grayson is right on the mark and it's time that the democrats take off the gloves and start to treat the Republicans like the enemies they are and have been. The republicans do a great job of attacking with one intent and that is to stall and delay any bill of significance until they can get back into power and once there they come up with bull like the Reagan trickle down that does not trickle. For 20 of the past 28.9 years the republicans have been in power why have they not tackled the tough issues like health care reform or illegal immigrants, why their lack of motivation, Maybe Congressperson Grayson has seen the light and knows that the reason they fight the democrats when the democrats bring these issues up is because their real bosses tell them to, they are not leaders they are bought and paid for reps of big business, if I am wrong if Congressperson Grayson is wrong tell me why the republicans have not tried while in power to tackle the tough issues of health care reform and illegal immigration
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2009 7:07:56 PM

Kind of scary times when the Left is labeling the other side as enemies of the State as radical as Obama is proving to be I am sure you will all Embrace the New World Order and King Obama......
Yes but your side is not kind of scary,they are scary.You freaked me out all through Bush now I see from your side its the same logic and some is worse.You also try to discount the word of Grayson,but in reality after all your side has done now and in the past anyone could of said the same thing and I and some others would have agreed.Sometimes it doesn't take the countries finest example of witness to tell of things we already agree with.By all the ways you have been acting,all the lies,all the fight to help our citizens,yes,enemies of the state fits,its like your against a great portion of us.And you in particular and many of your side already stated how gays deserve unequal treatment,this country has alot of gay citizens,you even stated several times what you think of the poor.You even are against rich people not paying their share and seem to have a big problem with Obama trying to fix our infrastructure,you even hate him repairing our infrastructure,yes,in this case enemies of the state fits,your side defended torture of human beings,your side deemed those merely suspected as guilty and tortured them ,would not hear of rights!
 geeleebee
Msg: 154
Posted: 11/5/2009 4:04:10 PM

Whats really scary is the lenghts that Grayson, the WH, and the elected Democrats have been going through to try and muzzle anything that says anything against them.

Really.
Source?
Links?
Proof?

Thankfully many are waking and realinze that if we let the left run free as they are trying there will be an enemies list longer than McCarthy had in the 50s.

Really.
Source?
Links?
Proof?

Not that I really expect any.
 EarlzP
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2009 4:28:38 PM

Frankly I expect a little more decorum from public officials. I would also expect some better judgment. Aliening the other party so completely, precludes working together.

Apparently he has forgotten that the American people have voted for their representation. Their point of view should not be shut out because of Grayson's ideology.

I would expect all members of the Congress to have a working relationship with their peers whether or not they agree or disagree, because it in the best interests of the American people.

Grayson only wants to work with Democrats who AGREE with him. That position is reprehensible and he is doing the people in his district no favors.

If for example, when then Republicans pick up some seats, they may reject Graysons requests out of hand because of his continuous bashing.

Some partisans can justify anything and this thread unfortunately is a good example of that.

So now you expect a little more decorum, where were your expectations when Senator Joe Wilson yelled "you lie" at the President? I think Congressman Grayson has a perfect attitude, the democrats have been on the defence long enough it's time to take the offence. As far as the people in his district they will decide for them selves what they like and dislike
 EarlzP
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2009 5:09:30 PM

You read my mind, I love this answer!! It's all about sharing the wealth. Total BS. People work hard to become doctors, lawyers, etc, to create a better life for themselves and their family, not for Begging Betty and her ten kids. It's all about turning someone else's problem into yours.

This thread is about Rep. Alan Grayson and his statement that the Republicans are Enemies of America, some may think he is wrong I think he is on to some thing if nothing more then treating the republicans in a way that says enough is enough I can give as well as I take and then stepping up to the plate and taking a swing
 EarlzP
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2009 6:51:38 PM

Insulting constituents is going to be most of the reason that the Democratic party is going to be in big trouble come 2010.

That's your opinion, mine is it's time to go on the offensive and fight fire with fire

What happened at the Town Halls this summer still weights heavily on many voters minds and will more than likely be a big issue come 2010 elections.

I am hoping that our new governor has some town hall meetings so I can put into action some of the same tactics that the republicans used to disrupt and prevent people from being able to participate

Hey both parties have their problems, but at least calling constituents names is not one of the Republicans big problems right now.

Youi must be suffering from temporary memory lost do you recall Senator Joe Wilson

As seen by the flack with the Town Hall Meetings it seems that at least most of the Republicans are at least trying to look like they are listening to and acting on what their constituents are saying.

What I saw where some finger pointing fist shaking loud mouth republicans preventing people who attended the meetings from asking questions and getting answers

The Democrats on the other hand seemed get worse in that area of name calling and listening.

It's really bothering you that finally a democrat stood up on his feet and gave back as good as the republicans have been given

Even one Democrat said he didn't care what his constituents wanted he was voting the way he wanted to.

He probably realized that the republicans at the town hall meetings had spread so many half truths and mis stated so many facts that he would have to vote for them in spite of them
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 11/5/2009 7:22:45 PM

It's funny how anyone who has something is an enemy of America. Seeing how there are more that have, than those who don't. They are the majority so they are America!! So they're enemies of themselves??? Without them, there would be no America.

The have-nots, that small percentage, are moreso the enemies, they're like leaches who want to suck the system dry. And why not...if you're going to allow it?
Its not all republicans and conservatives its the ones like you that spell out in detail your core feelings and we all see its hate and inequality of our fellow man,its all about the have and have nots,its as if you think the have nots are all there because of the same reason.I can tell you over these last couple 3 years as so many lost there professions,they are the have nots too.Your argument make you sound like an awfrul person.

That comment of God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve,wow,who created Steve in your mind,you must be one that believes in multiple creators.You also act like Adam and Eve were a married couple, they were not,there was no ceremony,no ring,no vows,just sex,and sex and more sex,they were there to populate.Then at that time,God put into place the worlds first prohibition,don't eat that fruit,and they did,proving prohibition even between just two people doesn't work.Anyways I'm not a religious person but I understand Christianity so if you can stand there and say,God created Adam and Eve,then he created the others also,and if all were created in his image,well,say hello to Steve.I believe in rights,if two people want to marry ,thats fine with me,and if they take the plunge they are just as entitled to everything as everyone else.I believe a gay couple can marry and be equally as miserable as all the non gay married people.

As for these town halls,some of the republicans were an embarrassment at them,screaming like maniacs.Its true,Grayson should have a more tempered tongue because of his position,even though he hit it on the nose concerning one sector of republicans and conservatives,normally talk like his is left to be said by likes of regular Joes.
 cotter
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2009 7:28:19 AM

"Fox News and their Republican collaborators are the enemy of America," Grayson told MSNBC's Ed Schultz on Wednesday. "They're the enemy of anybody who cares about health care in this country, the enemy of anybody who cares about educating their children, the enemy of anybody who wants energy independence or anything good for this country. And certainly the enemy of peace, there's no doubt about that. They are the enemy."

What do you think of his statement?

Grayson just calls it the way he sees it.

He's just an honest Representative.

His constituents "hired" him to do a job and he's doing it.

He has not broken any rules of the the House of Representatives.

wisguyingb
Msg: 171
Posted: 9/28/2010 3:01:45 PM

And he's right about the vilifying part ... that's what the Republicans do.

Vilifying....It's also what Grayson likes to do. Has anyone seen his new ad on tv? Good god! It's just outright mean when you see what his opponent really said in the full video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw1U7D4zlzU
 MrLove45
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2010 4:23:50 PM
lies and distortion? more like the truth, whole truth and nothing but the truth in what Mr Grayson said and the republican tea baggers have not done anything to make his ascertions false...hell these arrogant power hungry s o b's refuse to acknowledge that their deeds account for 100% of why our economy tanked and also don't show no remorse nor new ideas....they are actually campaigning on giving the wealtiest americans tax cuts and too hell with the rest and the media isn't challenging them either and predicting that they are going to regain power? unbelievable!
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2010 7:38:40 AM

100% really
its not 100%,but the bulk of what happened to us before Obama even took office was Republican policies,and by their campaign speeches now ,they still want more of the same,yet now they act as though they are trying to fit in a little with the tea party people,"like we get it" nonsense.

The Truth is the Have nots think its ok to punish the Haves through taxation
The across the board logic I always hear is why give the richest the lowest percentage of tax.In the percentage game,Warren Buffet pays half of what a $30,000 a yr person makes .Its about fair.All these ones that spout off incorrect truths like you, that its really about have nots trying to punish the haves,is why we have this argument now.

The haves love it when you don't understand, and protest in a way they never thought you would.Here they thought they were going to get penalized by not paying their part and instead are amazed ones like you are actually instead protesting that the small people are just trying to be mean.They love you and if they had your address would send you a Christmas card each year

If all Congressman and Senators were not in that top bracket themselves,you would hear a different cry.
 itechman63
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2010 8:22:52 AM
If the nation prospers we all prosper. If the sink ships, we all go down with it. We're all Americans and we're all in this together.

That's why whenever I hear one side claim that the other side's view of what they feel makes a better America to be "Un-American" or "Non-Patriotic".... that is poison to all of us. It's counter productive and pits us against one another. This partisan posturing 100% of the time has placed us here and threatens to push us farther down.

First of all, everyone needs to switch from Fox or MSNBC to C-Span. Regardless of which side is your preferred side, you're only going to hear a slanted interpretation of what is going on. A Republican/Conservative will hear Blue and tell you Red, Democrats/Liberals will hear Green and tell you Yellow. So as Conservatives listening to Fox we take it as fact that it's Red or as Liberals listening to MSNBC it is definitely yellow. My bigger problem with all of this is that it's one of two things... either Fox knows it's Blue while telling you Red or they really can't tell Blue from Red while MSNBC know's it's Green while telling you Yellow or they really can't tell Yellow from Green.

I don't know which is worse. The probability they are intentionally lying to manipulate you or the possibility they really are that unable to comprehend. Either way, no one mocks and insults you more than do the media/politicians with whom you think you agree.

Regardless... the problem with our country is this sports fan mentality of "Yay My Side, Boo Your Side" and the fact that politicians have to play to that to keep their jobs instead of getting to work.

We sink or swim together so who cares which side will drown us because until we learn to come together and compromise, we will all drown.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2010 8:56:24 AM

If the nation prospers we all prosper. If the sink ships, we all go down with it. We're all Americans and we're all in this together.

Oh please ! We have always been so divided,decades ago we should have renamed our country to the "Divided States of America" Our laws state to state are so different,Texas for eons have thought they were their own country,for decades Northern California wants to separate themselves from Southern California.Until the civil rights came about the North has been pretty pissed with most the South.Pots legal here but a decade in prison there,prostitution is advertised and welcomed in one state and gives you a criminal record and loss of your car in another state.Play tag with immigration in Florida,race past them and "welcome" we can now start the papers process to citizenship or get caught in any stage in Arizona and get sent back anytime.I could list for hours.

We are not in this together,this is why we have opposites like Republicans and Tea party and Democrats and Liberals,we all want a different commpletely Utopia,for instance just a couple years ago Repeblicans wanted and got a Utopia where no one has civil rights,a world where we torture,a world where we have black sites ,a world where we wire tap,a world where we ask Chase bank to rewrite our financial problem.

Nice fantasy you have going,sounds like a grade school pep talk,works on toddlers not on adults.As long as one side victimizes the others we have a problem.

I for one was pissed Bush tried to drill oil on Federally protected land,same that he sold lumber contracts for profit on Federally protected lands,that made him an enemy.I value peoples rights,so when the same mentioned removed civil rights that made him against our values and everyone for him in support of that, against our values.Now we had yet another long list of reasons to tar and feather him,and Rummsfield,and Cheney and run them out of the village.

We sink or swim together so who cares which side will drown us because until we learn to come together and compromise, we will all drown.
Cute,we all know that across the board for a year and a half the republicans have been the party of no ! God I hate it when a person or persons need a scolding and instead of them being punished the teacher forces all of us to take the chewing out.I have had bosses pull that crap.One person regularly causes problems yet all us others that do our jobs great without ever a write up,then jerk off screws up yet again and all have to sit down and get screamed at that we a a huge team so act like one.Yeh ,like that's fair.
 itechman63
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2010 9:11:47 AM
^^^ So I guess we accept our doom in spite of the fact our nation has a long history of compromise in the past.

I think my point is made. Not much hope with negative overinflated egos insisting on division as the rule.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 183
Posted: 10/1/2010 10:21:54 AM
Well, no. The absence of a vote on extending tax cuts for all but those making over 250K was because the GOP would vote against it - and they'd still win the vote. This way they have a weapon to use in the mid-term: the Republicans won't let us keep your taxes down unless taxes for the richest are also kept too low.

Those tax cuts took your country from surpluses to record deficits. And that was during relatively prosperous times. The effect of fewer regulations and cops is what plunged your country into a recession.
 imalwayssmiling
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2010 10:54:14 AM

Those tax cuts took your country from surpluses to record deficits. And that was during relatively prosperous times. The effect of fewer regulations and cops is what plunged your country into a recession.
True

But top 1% pay most the taxes
When you have a country that have tens of millions of its workers making min.wage yes it appears this way.One needs to look at how many percents of your income is tax.

Its been proven there is no difference in incomes of Dems or Repubs,that's all just bad mouthing from GOPs,not a fact,total bull.

Like Warren Buffet stated his percentage of tax compared to his total income was half as much as his secretary. Its more about proportional not final numbers.It takes like 6000 regular full time workers to make as much as 1 Warren Buffet or Donald Trump,plus the rich write vast amounts off on real estate and such whereas the average american worker making $18000 do not have such write offs.One needs to make under $8000 to become one not owing taxes or owing little.They are not freeloaders either they are merely working fulltime for employers that pay them min wage with no insurance,is that there fault.It takes a 1000 teachers to make as much as Trump,yet the teacher is just scraping by yet paying far more percentage of their total wage in taxers than the percentage of the total, of a millionaire.

I think it should be a small flat tax on anything you buy,grass seed,milk,cigs,air flight,anything,same rate over the entire country or for any product ,no discounts,no write offs,just a simple across the board tax on anything you buy,like say 5%,poor people buy less stuff so they pay less tax,obviously,and rich people buy tons so pay a ton of tax,yet never a trace more than 5%.The country would become a wealthy country overnight .
 flyguy51
Msg: 185
Posted: 10/3/2010 1:02:33 PM

Vilifying....It's also what Grayson likes to do. Has anyone seen his new ad on tv? Good god! It's just outright mean when you see what his opponent really said in the full video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw1U7D4zlzU

Yes, I heard about this very bit of treacherous soundbite editing via John Stewart. Shameful, really. Grayson is over the top. Speaking of Stewart, I tend to prefer his style of infotainment over that of Fox News; I believe he is even more "fair and balanced."

The left-leaning MSNBC also interviewed Grayson about his propagandistic techniques:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd8VvpZbM1Y
 MrLove45
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2010 11:11:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHqWMxdcjRA

I agree with Mr Grayson wholeheartedly and I sure wish the people like him and Howard Dean were the face of the democratic party ...

this was another occasion to see CNN doing there Fox News Lite persona
 flyguy51
Msg: 188
Posted: 10/7/2010 12:10:56 PM
Yeah, it's that liberal, mainstream, "gotcha" journalism at it again!
 hard starboard
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2010 7:27:02 PM

What do you think of his statement?

I think it earned him a short political career.
 wisguyingb
Msg: 191
Posted: 11/3/2010 4:07:44 AM
This thread and Alan Grayson are now pretty much done.
 cotter
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2010 7:22:09 PM
^^^I seriously doubt that Alan Grayson is done.

He's just going to take a breather and he'll be back ... in one way or another and I totally enjoyed his frankness.

I think he'll be back and I hope sooner than later.
 wisguyingb
Msg: 193
Posted: 11/4/2010 5:18:39 AM
^^Yeah maybe. But you also had high hopes on Obama putting a axe into that Patriot Act. So don't get your hopes up too much. Grayson did and said a lot of things that would hurt him in any type of future election. I did like how he was trying to stand up to the Federal Reserve. Maybe Grayson could get a job on MSNBC. He's a character and flair could possibly get their viewership over the thousand mark.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  >