Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > All the way in, or all the way out?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MAGIC_MARCO
Msg: 21
view profile
History
All the way in, or all the way out?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

Why does every one you meet have to be "the One"?? You can have the same feelings for a thousand other people. "Holding Out" because you don't do "that"/in for the Long Haul?? Why is that etched in stone for some people? Why limit yourself ??

I don't know the answer, that's for sure. But anybody who's been at this for a while, has certainly seen promising meetings just fizzle out in short order.
I wonder we' d even know "the right one " when we see them in front of our faces.
This might be the only answer we ever find :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8epOsbk418
 moraima
Msg: 22
view profile
History
All the way in, or all the way out?
Posted: 2/18/2010 4:39:44 PM
"Not sure if it is different between being divorced and being widowed, but I know that having had a successful marriage I am content if I never meet another right fit, since I know what works for me and refuse to alter my standards. As corny as it sounds I believe that the right person comes along at the right time. "

I so hear you.

"Why limit yourself ?? "

If I have to explain it, I already know, you wouldn't understand.

"Maybe you're in love with the idea of being in love;" So boring when we meet those kind of people no matter which gender they are.

"The women, as they like to be called these days"

How many decades before the genders can be equal in the minds of everyone? Living in societies where genders have been equal for decades, then coming back to NA and seeing this nonsense makes me wonder why I bother coming back...............
 TryAgan
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2010 6:15:37 PM
moraima - msg 47

How many decades before the genders can be equal in the minds of veryone? Living in societies where genders have been equal for decades, then coming back to NA and seeing this nonsense makes me wonder why I bother coming back...............

Right on! There are countries where both genders are equally bad in playing ice hockey.
But in NA, the hockey players of the weaker gender are clobbering all other societies. I'll bet my groin protector that Canadian girls would beat even the Cuban men in this discipline.
 Rythmn
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2010 12:20:02 AM
if you look at successful couples who have rode the waves together for years, they will tell you bluntly: the waves go up and the waves go down. also, like a good fire, you have to prod and nurture the relationship along. this takes communication, patience, friendship, fun and shared activities. but, there are also the individual and mutual responsiblities. you need to be an artist in creation of balance. that is why love is not just a feeling.

if you cannot prod and rekindle it, then often it's you (or me) that has to be looked at--not the object(s) of our affections or "lust". too many of us seek to be loved. but we also need to love. i have found that when there is mutuality and some common objectives, the chemistry will sustain a lot longer. when a person, including myself, starts pointing the finger, it is essential to also pay attention to that other finger that is pointing back atcha! that is what i am doing now. looking at me. some of it is scarey, but most of it is a relief. because that is how i remove my own roadblocks, w/o which there would be NO hope.
 StevieCashmere
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2010 12:40:12 AM
Life isn't Black & White

~sc~
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > All the way in, or all the way out?