Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sigungq
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Wedding for a first date?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Wedding date for a first date is ideal. You'll get to see the real person with his/her hair down. You'll meet friends / family, who will gladly spill the beans on your date (both good and bad). There's no "putting your best foot forward" at a wedding. It's the real deal.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 39
Wedding for a first date?
Posted: 6/2/2017 11:10:16 AM

What are your thoughts and/or opinions with this???

FREE CAKE !

'Nuff said.
 hemingway234
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/3/2017 3:14:40 AM
Since you have already met him once, you have what you need to form a reasonable impression of his character.... enough at least to determine if you want to go on a regular date with him, where he picks you up. You'll just have to decide if you like and trust him enough.

It sounds like a fantastic date idea!
 forumslady
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/3/2017 2:42:10 PM
I know this thread is old, but it's funny, reading the responses.
My ex did it, went to a wedding within a 2 weeks of meeting the person.
Her daughters wedding, no less.
She dumped him within 2 months.
All I can think now is what it must be like, looking at the photo's.
"Hey, Aunt Sally, who's this dude?"
How do you explain to people that you invited a virtual stranger to your daughter's wedding and now you are stuck with photo's of him in them and no one even knows who it is?! :o
I'm sorry, maybe I'm just grouchy today, but I think anyone who agrees to go to the wedding of someone they don't know, WITH someone they don't know, needs to have their heads examined!
It's terribly presumptuous and slightly rude, jmo.
 gtomustang
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/3/2017 8:16:31 PM
"Hey Aunt Sally, who's this dude?"

if its a shotgun wedding, I suppose it might just be the capper :) I had a former friend, a black sheep of the family, call me on a Thursday to ask what I was doing Friday, since her choice for her sister's wedding had dropped out. I went, the ceremony at Mystic Seaport was nice (used a harp instead of an organ for the songs), the food was wonderful, my placecard still had the last guy's name on it (Crossed out, no new name put in). And when the bride's strapless gown slipped off a little bit during Kriss Kross's song Jump, I got flashed.

some weddings are a solemn event. Others are just a party. I guess ya just gotta roll with it :) lol
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2017 4:28:05 PM

Since you have already met him once, you have what you need to form a reasonable impression of his character....

No, she didn't actually. She Agreed to go out on an official date Then it was asked if a change of plans to turn it into a wedding for their 1st date.

IMO, a wedding date in general can be OK, but generally -- not a good idea. The only time it'd be an OK idea with a guy you were talking to online as your 1st date -- is if it wasn't a family wedding like this one was, but more like an old college roommate having one, they felt obliged to go and won't know anyone -- and you two have talked for a while and gotten to know each other some prior. A family shotgun wedding? I can see where that would be more tolerable -- but the problem is, shotgun or not, you're still meeting-the-family and such. I guess if HE's the black-sheep of the family and distant from them, and figured why-not to the shotgun wedding, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

But in general, it's about how close They are to the parties involved in going to the wedding (not just the bride & groom). And even after having had a 1st date -- still not a good idea, although I can understand the "fck it, why not" if the 1st date was hitting it off and turned into a sleepover and both ga-ga about each other -- while the wedding itself be a family reunion of sorts for them (instead, maybe a good friend getting married).
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >