Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > how come women initiate the breakup 80% of the time?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 KingRomanticRebel
Msg: 751
how come women initiate the breakup 80% of the time? Page 31 of 54    (14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54)

You silver-tongued devil! How DO you keep the women at bay? Can't believe any of the "less than WOW" women could resist a charmer like you!

Next time you see a male dog run up to a STRANGE female dog, take note!

Hey, I am starting to think that you like me? I do take American express!
 late™
Msg: 752
how come women initiate the breakup 80% of the time?
Posted: 5/7/2010 10:43:32 PM
Next time you see a male dog run up to a STRANGE female dog, take note!

Then notice that the male dog does it to other dogs whether they're male or female, ...THEN, be thankful to nature that the species you are in found a less anal way of saying "hello".

Always marry within the same species, ...'cause if you don't, the break ups can be really ruff.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 753
Posted: 5/7/2010 10:43:52 PM

The answer that I have seen way to often is that women is looking for the BBD.....Bigger Better Deal.Where the men seem to want to work on the relationship.
Let me stress that this is from first hand experience. Not only of my relationships but those of my friends as well!!!!

Again please show me where I ever blamed a "whole gender" I have said over and over this is a very small number of women that do this.

So, which is it? "Way too often women" behave badly, or a "very small number of women" do this?

Ok the top two statements is where you quoted me. The third is your question.

Look at what I said "my experience" not all women. The women posting have said very similar things about men.
Do you have the same problem with what they have said?

Did they? What number constitutes "many?" By percentage, the women who said "all men are evil" was zero. The percentage of women who have said that they have experienced men who did not communicate well (especially listen) is pretty high. We are just telling the truth. I think that is what the OP wanted when he posed the question.

Actually that is not true Mr. Evil had a heated diatribe where the term "all men are evil" and that "men are a defective product" was stated many time by more than one woman. I looked back but the post seem to have been deleted. The Mods must have cut it. I did find one post Mr. Evil made that mentioned it but the posts are gone.
I am sure there are some that remember it.

But what you are not getting is this – most men knock themselves out to please their wives doing 97 out of 100 things. However, it is just 3 that she really needs to feel connected and happy.

This is a quote from Midshipmom in post #594
I found this while looking for the deleted post I mentioned above.
Here is what strikes me about this statement. She just needs three. The way this is written it seems she is saying even though he is good at 97 things there are 3 he is failing at.
Now if that is the case shouldn't she put forth a extraordinary effort to relay what her needs are? Maybe it is her way of telling him that is the problem. Maybe he just doesn't understand her way of saying it. After all she says he is doing 97 things right, doesn't he get some credit for that?
Could it be possible that if he knew what she needed, he would try just as hard to see about the 3 as he did the other 97?
 KingRomanticRebel
Msg: 754
Posted: 5/7/2010 10:48:41 PM

Then notice that the male dog does it to other dogs whether they're male or female, ...THEN, be thankful to nature that the species you are in found a less anal way of saying "hello".

Strange male dog on strange male dog - there is usually a dog fight.
 late™
Msg: 755
Posted: 5/7/2010 10:49:34 PM
Strange male dog on strange male dog - there is usually a dog fight.

That's how they say hello, ...and they eat their own puke and shit, ...not a good role model for being "relationship material".

Actually that is not true Mr. Evil had a heated diatribe

Actually, he was doing the misogynist version of "Poe's law", it was a spoof.

The Mods must have cut it.

That's the ticket!
 KingRomanticRebel
Msg: 756
Posted: 5/7/2010 10:57:34 PM

and they eat their own puke and shit, ...not a good role model for being "relationship material".

They also lick their own asses vs. we wipe ours with Scott tissue. Nevertheless
we lick our partners pisser's and popper's as well and so do gay men...
 late™
Msg: 757
Posted: 5/7/2010 11:03:10 PM
so do gay men...

Ahhh... an expert, ...so tell us, what percentage of women are responsible for initiating gay men's break ups? I'm thinking we should spread the blame, ...any stat will do.

we wipe ours with Scott tissue.

I had a friend who used to work for the Scott Paper Company, ...he was a steamfitter (not gay), the "Scott" joke used to be:

"Every asshole's a potential customer", ...

His wife left him because he was actually really nuts, ...it took them about 10 years to dial in his meds.

He's much better now (He's still a bit of a nut, but in a good way) and in a relationship that has been stable for years.

He could be Steve-o's (older) twin brother.

TRUE STORY
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 758
Posted: 5/7/2010 11:09:28 PM

Actually, he was doing the misogynist version of "Poe's law", it was a spoof.

That's the ticket!

Thanks Alpha!
I spent a good amount of time searching for that.

It is true that many women have said it was communication that was the trouble. However they did not elaborate on the problem further.
Could some that had that problem expound on the problem more?

For example one lady said when she was crying she just wanted him to hold her. How was he supposed to know this did she reach her arms out to him, or did she just expect him to know?
I have tried to console a partner that way just to be told she needed to be alone. then again have hugged her and soon the crying was over and I never even knew what was wrong.
In earnest how are we to know?
 late™
Msg: 759
Posted: 5/7/2010 11:32:37 PM

It is true that many women have said it was communication that was the trouble. However they did not elaborate on the problem further.

You may think that women have the answers, they don't, the only answers you need are from ONE woman, if you follow me...

Gender is immaterial, anybody can elaborate:

Some highlights:

"In regards to marriage/divorce, there are only 2 experts, and sometimes they agree on the reason for marriage/divorce, ...sometimes they don't

——>

The last three relationships I was in were "ended" by me. As soon as I discerned that my S.O. could not be reasoned with, ...it was a sign that the relationship was already over, ...since really, ...they were just venting bile on a misrepresentation of "me".

When the other person in a relationship creates a new identity for you, ...it's best to leave with your own identity, ...while it's still intact.

——>

As individuals, most here have been screwed over by someone or many someones in their life, ...to carry the "blame" forward into future relationships means that the person (regardless of gender) has given up on themselves as well as others, by falling into the comfort of, "it's not me, ...it's them".

——>

Leaning on irrational conclusions is another one of those things that both genders can do to make communication, ...impossible.

——>

Marriage?

Never marry an angry man/woman.

Never marry an, "it's not me it's them" man/woman whose depth of introspection stops at gender via bias confirmation.

Never marry a man/woman who won't own their own mistakes.

Never marry a man/woman who doesn't know what a dialectic process is (important), as you will almost always reach a point where communication is impossible when they don't recognize what "irrational" is.

When you do find someone who is even keeled, self actualized, honest and reasonable, remember this: While it may be easier to fix blame, it's always better to fix problems instead.

Just sayin'
 GotAHubCapDiamondStarHalo
Msg: 760
Posted: 5/7/2010 11:43:32 PM
First of all, per Evil's spoof, he (much) later said in MSG 823:
Then when I blasted the women, men cheered(fools that they are)

Next, if you want elaboration on communication, go to Evil's MSG 267:
To begin with, most men suck at communication. So as problems arise, women ask to talk, men don't talk. Then the women begin to b1tch, men turn a deaf ear or go "uh-huh", then she gets exhausted from trying and bails, does this surprise anyone?

What a fawking rehash! This is the PoF version of Groundhog Day!
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 761
Posted: 5/7/2010 11:59:38 PM

You may think that women have the answers, they don't, the only answers you need are from ONE woman, if you follow me...

Gender is immaterial, anybody can elaborate:

Alpha I am starting to!!!

Sexest user:

First of all, per Evil's spoof, he (much) later said in MSG 823:
Then when I blasted the women, men cheered(fools that they are)

This is from Mr Evil's post 628

I mean NOT ONE SINGLE WOMAN has disagreed with your point "the fact that women are leaving their husbands in DROVES, indicates that men are doing something wrong." So here we are, obviously most or all women who have read and participated in this thread recently, had no issue with that statement, ergo "women good, men bad"!!

This is the post I was talking about so it was way before #823.

To begin with, most men suck at communication. So as problems arise, women ask to talk, men don't talk. Then the women begin to b1tch, men turn a deaf ear or go "uh-huh", then she gets exhausted from trying and bails, does this surprise anyone?

I am sure there are plenty of men out there like this. However what about those of us that do try very hard to communicate just to receive the same treatment in reverse?
Msg: 762
Posted: 5/8/2010 12:21:09 AM
Seriously, dude
However what about those of us that do try very hard to communicate
You may have a VERY different idea of what constitutes "communication" than your SO does. Hint: relentless repetition is NOT communication

Also, your statement that
However many of your gender did make the statement the "all men are evil".
is drawn from a provocative, throw down the glove extrapolation? Get a clue! I am quite certain you can't find such a quote from ONE woman in this thread. You are becoming laughable in your thought process.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 763
Posted: 5/8/2010 12:49:07 AM

is drawn from a provocative, throw down the glove extrapolation? Get a clue! I am quite certain you can't find such a quote from ONE woman in this thread. You are becoming laughable in your thought process.

Find it no but only because the Mods removed them. Alpha backed that up a few posts back.
So though it is not longer available it was said!!!
Msg: 764
Posted: 5/8/2010 1:12:48 AM
Good lord, man ... Evil made a contention regarding his OPINION of what women were thinking about men. THERE IS NO QUOTE from any woman on here saying "all men are evil." There never was.

Gawd.

Alpha did not "back up" specific quotes. What is your damage? Now I remember why it is fruitless to try to "communicate" with you.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 765
Posted: 5/8/2010 1:19:05 AM

Good lord, man ... Evil made a contention regarding his OPINION of what women were thinking about men. THeRE IS NO QUoTE from any woman on here saying "men are evil." There never was.

Gawd.

Alpha did not "back up" specific quotes. What is your damage? Now I remember why it is fruitless to try to "communicate" with you

Nope I said he backed up the post were removed. However the terms "men are evil" and "men are a defective product" were said by women.
I know what was said and I am sure there are others that do too. So please refrain from a diatribe.

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.
-- Yoda

happybunny8
Msg: 766
Posted: 5/8/2010 4:42:07 AM
Alpha backed that up a few posts back.

Are you really 100% sure that he was backing it up or merely being sarcastic?

I like how the mods removed Evil's post, and then POOF it was found......

FYI - Mr. Evil also said very early that post #587 was a very good representation of what women think.

I suggest you go back and read it.
Msg: 767
Posted: 5/8/2010 7:14:22 AM
Quoting a deleted post based on memory is BS. We could debate that crap all day. I recall that Evil made a sweeping generalization based on the fact that women did not DISPUTE some contentions. That is akin to saying that I agree with Zangie, because I'm not picking on her ... Flawed conclusion. Not everyone has the inclination, time or energy to reply to EVERY post on this thread ... except, apparently, You! That does not mean when we let you ride on this sh1t, it is valid. Some of us started to engage you as sport, some were actually trying to break through the "personal experience" shell (and, BTW, the reason your experiences in divorce are not as valid as those of the women, are because the question addresses WOMEN'S motives!!! GET IT? Your "personal experience" can never, ever, never reveal the woman's motives, because you will never REALLY know what was in her mind. Even though you are certain she bought that additional life insurance because she was hoping you'd kill yourself, you CAN'T KNOW WHAT WAS IN HER MIND - sheez!).

Anyway, I think the only glimmer of hope I saw was the apparently open-minded reponse to itsmargo when she stated something to the effect of blaming her broken picker was a limiting way of processing relationship failure. You seem to have agreed and I was encouraged, but I now believe you were just paying lip service. You are a victim; of the mean women you married, of the no fault conspiracy, of the "power" of statistics, of birth control as a weapon, etc. etc. It is tiresome and relentlessly redundant. Some of us were not trying to mske a point as much as see some kind of crack in the stat armor, but it is futile.

There are countries with a single digit divorce rate, like India. Why? Because they adhere to their vows and are happier in marriage? Hell, maybe it's because a judge decides whether or not the divorce petition has merit and in most cases DENIES it! So, a 5-7 year waiting period, frustration taken out on innocent bystanders by trapped parents, emotional and mental distress, etc. Let's try it! Holy cow, I give up! (not because you are RIGHT, because your one trick pony is tiresome and BOR fawking ING!)
 late™
Msg: 768
Posted: 5/8/2010 7:18:16 AM

Alpha backed that up a few posts back.
So though it is not longer available it was said!!!

Are you really 100% sure that he was backing it up or merely being sarcastic?

Well, I'd prefer the term, ..."farcical".

"That's the ticket!"
The Pathological Liar is a Saturday Night Live character created and portrayed by Jon Lovitz, often appearing on Weekend Update segments to share his farcical views. The character's name was Tommy Flanagan , not to be confused with the jazz pianist), and he would tell outrageous whoppers in an effort to make himself seem important (such as his claim that he invented Rock and Roll). One recurring lie was claiming he was married to Morgan Fairchild, and thus had seen her naked. His devious look, hand rubbing and nervous speech made it clear he was making up lies, one after the other, on the spot. After a particularly outrageous lie he would often add the catchphrase: "Yeahhh! That's the ticket!"

Well, you know what they say, "If you have to explain the punchline...."

Oh!

Technically, ...Morgan Fairchild didn't initiate any breakup here...
 ItsMargo
Msg: 769
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2010 7:24:44 AM

I have a bit of a hobby, it fits within "why do people do the things they do". I listen to couples (including my own relationships) to identify their core arguments. Seems like every couple gets to a core argument - the 'thing', whatever the thing is, that is something they have conflict or disagreement or misalignment on. Sometimes they get there pretty quickly. It arises in pretty much all of their conflict. They aren't really arguing about who did or didn't do something, it's the core argument appearing in the guise of the latest example. Unchecked, unresolved, that is the thing that will break them up. Some people go on to have the exact same core argument in their next relationship.

As far as disagreement are concerned, it isn't so much what they disagree about, it is how they go about it. As soon as you hear contempt it is pretty much done. Contempt is a relationship killer.

Lack of willingness and fatigue are why people no longer have the desire to work through problems.
Msg: 770
Posted: 5/8/2010 7:35:39 AM
only a dog fight if there is a bytch in heat present.

jayzus! Have you ever even OWNED a dog?

Yawn - if you ever had a FRACTION of:

the self awareness brought on by personal experience as Evil

the deductive reasoning skills and intellectual capacity of alpha,

the clarity and humilty of Igorfrankensteen

Then you would be a very lucky man.

And you would not have to "try" so hard to communicate.

(deserves a double bam bam)
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 771
Posted: 5/8/2010 7:41:15 AM
I have to laugh that you all are letting someone get to you that likes the attention.
I do like your post and agree though Ms. Sexi.
Dont feed the dog.
You'll get poop.
 4ms4me
Msg: 772
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2010 9:33:04 AM

Nyuk nyuk nyuk, ...funny, ...but the thread is about "the breakup" in general, ...not divorce

Well, I'm pretty certain that if one person can be lauded for misrepresenting himself whilst denigrating an entire gender by invoking "Poe's Law", then I can post nonsense responses using trite and stereotypical cliches. At least you laughed; surely that has to be a better response than the hostility MrE's little "play" invoked.

OT: Women leave men in droves because men think "having a penis = having a logical mind". Once a woman realizes his accusations that she's irrational comes entirely from his desire to dismiss what she's saying by way of the myth that men are more logical than women, she realizes that she's only crazy if she stays with him. In order to avoid being crazy, she leaves.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 773
Posted: 5/8/2010 9:41:46 AM
Women initiate the breakup????? 80% of the time?????? you think???????

I am a woman and I am ALWAYS the one who gets dumped.

Nevermind the fact I have much to offer and a lot to give someone! Aggravating!

I used to think that way - until I realized most of the time I was under the ILLUSION that I was actually in a relationship with them. Turns out they were just screwing me (in more ways than one) until someone better came along. Hindsight is 20/20 and looking back now they never loved me to begin with and it is doubtful that they were capable of it. How many times have women let things become too intimate too soon, and over time find that they're in love with a schmuck, but it's too late - they've already been sucked in. After living withand sharing a bed with a man for 2 years who, in a group of people would introduce me as his "roomate" and not his girlfriend, I was young & stupid thinking only a drama queen would cause a scene over that. He was telling me all along how he felt about me in a passive aggressive way. I should have listened. Now, a hurtful remark from a man will find himself quickly experiencing blocked calls and emails. No drama - just goodbye. Technically is there a breakup, or was there no relationship to begin with. It is not as well defined for many of us who don't waltz down the aisle and make babies after a couple of dates.
 late™
Msg: 774
Posted: 5/8/2010 9:58:45 AM
Well, I'm pretty certain that if one person can be lauded for misrepresenting himself whilst denigrating an entire gender by invoking "Poe's Law", then I can post nonsense responses using trite and stereotypical cliches. At least you laughed; surely that has to be a better response than the hostility MrE's little "play" invoked.

Hence, the rest of the sentence (albeit a "run-on" one) —> "still divorce is germane as far as "why" is concerned ( fair enough )"

In order to avoid being crazy, she leaves.

Absolutely, it's a valid reason to bail on a failed relationship for either gender.

Pretty much why (to retain my sanity) I was the one to end my last three, except the "irrational" wasn't due to their gender, it was because they had problems with anger issues. I wish it didn't take me 3 times to learn how to better spot a toxic personality, that it did is entirely my "fault".

That's what I mean when I paraphrase JFK, "It's better to fix the problem than to fix blame".

OR:

Our task is not to fix blame for the past, but to fix the course for the future."
John F. Kennedy
(Though I'm pretty sure this aphorism has its source in a zen koan)
Msg: 775
Posted: 5/8/2010 10:47:43 AM

Don’t find fault. Find a remedy. – Henry Ford
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > how come women initiate the breakup 80% of the time?