Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > how come women initiate the breakup 80% of the time?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 thereandbackfla
Msg: 879
how come women initiate the breakup 80% of the time? Page 48 of 54    (14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54)
They OWN the oval office....lol.
 Savona
Msg: 880
how come women initiate the breakup 80% of the time?
Posted: 9/1/2010 8:23:30 PM

Stronger after they marry and are entitled to 50% of his assets!!!!
Yet when a man breaks up with a woman before marriage, he is a player?

Bottom line is they bail 80% of the time because of the money!!!

Wow .... good think not all men on this planet think like this.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 881
Posted: 9/1/2010 9:33:56 PM
Bottom line is they bail 80% of the time because of the money!!!

Yes - cause all us poor helpless, stupid women have no ability to make our own money. It couldn't possibly be they're irritated from years of all the thoughtless, stupid crap that men do and say.

Sure - I've broken up with all of my boyfriends because I wanted their set of mismatched garage sale dishes.

Yet when a man breaks up with a woman before marriage, he is a player?

Depends on how long he's been sampling her goodies or how many women he goes through per month. Either that or he's a coward.
 thereandbackfla
Msg: 882
Posted: 9/1/2010 9:47:44 PM
My dishes match......
 happybunny8
Msg: 883
Posted: 9/2/2010 5:17:02 AM

Yes - cause all us poor helpless, stupid women have no ability to make our own money. It couldn't possibly be they're irritated from years of all the thoughtless, stupid crap that men do and say.

Not at all possible! Heck, if I wanted to have more money I WOULD be with someone. Instead, here I am single for god knows how long....., and thinking I should remain so, so that I don't get accused of using a man for his precious money that he'll spend all on himself for the rest of his life. Shrug.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 884
Posted: 9/2/2010 6:32:24 AM

Not at all possible! Heck, if I wanted to have more money I WOULD be with someone. Instead, here I am single for god knows how long....., and thinking I should remain so, so that I don't get accused of using a man for his precious money that he'll spend all on himself for the rest of his life. Shrug.

This is just the type of response that I expected.
Funny how in the European countries that don't divide the assets 50/50 the divorce rate is lower. The ratio between which gender files first is much closer to even. Hummmmm I guess that means nothing though.
As it is always the males that cause the females to file first here in the good ole USA.

As far as the idea of staying single I agree wholeheartedly!!! The only way I would marry again is to have a ironclad pre-nup. That will protect my assets and hers. A pre-nup should be standard for every marriage.
 jezebellpgh
Msg: 885
Posted: 9/2/2010 5:29:40 PM
No you don't get it, the female gets sick of being ignored and treated like crap because the guy is in the relationship, so he sits back and does nothing special anymore, so she leaves it has nothing to do with the physical.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 886
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2010 9:57:13 PM
Well, I guess 80% is O.K.....but could that be improved to 100%? I normally spend out all my energy neglecting women and there is little left for the break up effort.
 motown cowgirl
Msg: 887
Posted: 9/3/2010 4:34:40 AM
^^^lol!! i haven't quite reached 100% yet.... but i'm sneaking up on 98%.

i'll answer the question with a question. how come men are willing to tolerate insufferable relationships 80% of the time?
 happybunny8
Msg: 888
Posted: 9/3/2010 5:20:01 AM
^^^that's easy. But men won't admit it.

The things that men put up with for sex is pretty funny. The same could be said for some women who want money.

It would be so easy for many women to snare some unsuspecting man into paying her way. That's what some men don't seem to get. I could easily be sitting here having some man pay for my debt just for regular sex.
 61central
Msg: 889
Posted: 9/3/2010 7:07:18 AM
i'll answer the question with a question. how come men are willing to tolerate insufferable relationships 80% of the time?

I doubt this is true. There are plenty of people from both genders who will stay in bad or mediocre relationships due to having low self esteem, fear of being alone, the kids, the other person being attractive or rich etc.
 RobertKoi
Msg: 890
Posted: 9/3/2010 11:31:14 AM
"how come women initiate the breakup 80% of the time?"
-----------
Ever since women got as many rights as they have today - which they abuse of course. Two decisive factors immediately come to mind - sex and money.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 891
Posted: 9/3/2010 12:34:18 PM
Well, I guess 80% is O.K.....but could that be improved to 100%?
I agree. Less work for me = win. She can make all the important decisions like when it's time to breakup and I can continue to pretend we ever had a chance to begin with.

The things that men put up with for sex is pretty funny. The same could be said for some women who want money.

It would be so easy for many women to snare some unsuspecting man into paying her way. That's what some men don't seem to get. I could easily be sitting here having some man pay for my debt just for regular sex.
Quid pro quo.
 Codeguru
Msg: 892
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2010 6:33:41 PM
Because a woman getting a man is like a man taking a breath of air. And it doesn't work the other way around. Not that hard to figure. If she's always out for the better deal, good f*cking riddence...

Codeguru
 a_wiseguy67
Msg: 893
Posted: 9/5/2010 1:17:50 AM
As part of the proud hypothetical 20% I would say my reasoning was close to that of reason 3 but not quite. My ex threatened to file more than a few times, usually to get some kind of concession and I went for it. I would push back but didn't really fight much. When I hit my end point and told her I was filing divorce, I wasn't looking for a concession. I was looking for divorce. The warning signs were there but she didn't see them. Even now as i point them out she doesn't see them. In this case I can't be responsible for her lack of sight here.
 jezebellpgh
Msg: 894
Posted: 9/5/2010 9:36:08 AM
Happy:

Do you live in the same world this idiots do, having women around them only wanting a wallet? I'm out working two jobs, obviously I don't need anyone to pay my way, I'm paying my own. Most women that I know work.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 895
Posted: 9/5/2010 1:10:09 PM

Because a woman getting a man is like a man taking a breath of air.
VERY VERY correct. They know there are a glut of lonesome horny schmoes out there at their mercy. Beggars can't be choosers but queens can choose at their will..and flitting fancy. It's like 'oh this guy isn't working out precisely as my heart desires...NEXT!' They do it cause they CAN. That's all men really need to understand about it.
 Savona
Msg: 896
Posted: 9/5/2010 1:26:37 PM
Probably 'cause we get tired of men biitching about money all the time.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 897
Posted: 9/5/2010 5:34:04 PM

Probably 'cause we get tired of men ****ing about money all the time.

You mean the men whose eyes glaze over & hand over their wallet when a smokin hot woman causes a rise in their levis?
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 898
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2010 7:55:31 PM

Funny how in the European countries that don't divide the assets 50/50 the divorce rate is lower.

Funny how, In Europe, counseling is mandated. Just depends on how one chooses to look at it, doesn't it?
 a_wiseguy67
Msg: 899
Posted: 9/6/2010 2:44:36 AM

Funny how in the European countries that don't divide the assets 50/50 the divorce rate is lower. The ratio between which gender files first is much closer to even.

Also it takes 3 years to get a divorce in Italy with mandatory counseling (according to my friends in Tuscany) so if you want to break up a marriage, you really need to be determined because the Catholic church thinks every marriage is sacred, just like sperm...
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 900
Posted: 9/7/2010 8:27:07 AM
A wiseguy67 said

Also it takes 3 years to get a divorce in Italy with mandatory counseling (according to my friends in Tuscany) so if you want to break up a marriage, you really need to be determined because the Catholic church thinks every marriage is sacred, just like sperm...

ohwhynot46 said

Funny how, In Europe, counseling is mandated. Just depends on how one chooses to look at it, doesn't it?

Maybe you should have read the whole law on that if both agree on a way to split the assets it only takes 30 days.
However if someone is trying to get more than the other wants to give then 3-7 years is what it takes.
Kinda gives a incentive to agree.

Also I know for a fact in GA and many other states there is mandatory counseling so that point is moot!!!
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 901
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2010 10:13:15 AM
Well, I'm an advocate of the "Mosuo" culture in China because it works....or has until the western influence of "things" has began it's invasion to upset the apple cart.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 902
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2010 6:36:43 PM

Maybe you should have read the whole law on that if both agree on a way to split the assets it only takes 30 days.
However if someone is trying to get more than the other wants to give then 3-7 years is what it takes.
Kinda gives a incentive to agree.

But, if your point is that the divorce RATE is lower is Europe, why then choose to turn the argument around to the effect of splitting assets on how long a divorce takes? Are you suggesting that in places other than Europe, the divorce rate is higher because assets are not split down the middle? Pick your argument please.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 903
Posted: 9/9/2010 8:31:00 AM

But, if your point is that the divorce RATE is lower is Europe, why then choose to turn the argument around to the effect of splitting assets on how long a divorce takes? Are you suggesting that in places other than Europe, the divorce rate is higher because assets are not split down the middle? Pick your argument please.

Ok ohwhynot46 my point is in these countries no fault has a mandatory wait time of years unless the people involved agree to a way to divide their assets.

There is no mandatory 50/50 split!!!!

There is no advantage for the person making less to file for a no fault to grab the others assets.

Therefore there is no massive gap in who files first. The person making the most in the marriage does not have to suffer just because the other one wants their assets.

So to nutshell it..... Without the ability to get half of everything automatically the 80/20 file rate goes away.

As I have said all along the reason here in the US that the 80/20 split is money!
If the man is making 100k to 200k a year and the woman is in a job that only makes 50k why should he have to give her half of what he has made because she wants out?

I have nothing against no fault I just think the way the assets are split is wrong!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > how come women initiate the breakup 80% of the time?