Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > how come women initiate the breakup 80% of the time?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 a_wiseguy67
Msg: 899
how come women initiate the breakup 80% of the time? Page 54 of 54    (14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54)

Funny how in the European countries that don't divide the assets 50/50 the divorce rate is lower. The ratio between which gender files first is much closer to even.

Also it takes 3 years to get a divorce in Italy with mandatory counseling (according to my friends in Tuscany) so if you want to break up a marriage, you really need to be determined because the Catholic church thinks every marriage is sacred, just like sperm...
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 900
how come women initiate the breakup 80% of the time?
Posted: 9/7/2010 8:27:07 AM
A wiseguy67 said

Also it takes 3 years to get a divorce in Italy with mandatory counseling (according to my friends in Tuscany) so if you want to break up a marriage, you really need to be determined because the Catholic church thinks every marriage is sacred, just like sperm...

ohwhynot46 said

Funny how, In Europe, counseling is mandated. Just depends on how one chooses to look at it, doesn't it?

Maybe you should have read the whole law on that if both agree on a way to split the assets it only takes 30 days.
However if someone is trying to get more than the other wants to give then 3-7 years is what it takes.
Kinda gives a incentive to agree.

Also I know for a fact in GA and many other states there is mandatory counseling so that point is moot!!!
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 901
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2010 10:13:15 AM
Well, I'm an advocate of the "Mosuo" culture in China because it works....or has until the western influence of "things" has began it's invasion to upset the apple cart.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 902
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2010 6:36:43 PM

Maybe you should have read the whole law on that if both agree on a way to split the assets it only takes 30 days.
However if someone is trying to get more than the other wants to give then 3-7 years is what it takes.
Kinda gives a incentive to agree.

But, if your point is that the divorce RATE is lower is Europe, why then choose to turn the argument around to the effect of splitting assets on how long a divorce takes? Are you suggesting that in places other than Europe, the divorce rate is higher because assets are not split down the middle? Pick your argument please.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 903
Posted: 9/9/2010 8:31:00 AM

But, if your point is that the divorce RATE is lower is Europe, why then choose to turn the argument around to the effect of splitting assets on how long a divorce takes? Are you suggesting that in places other than Europe, the divorce rate is higher because assets are not split down the middle? Pick your argument please.

Ok ohwhynot46 my point is in these countries no fault has a mandatory wait time of years unless the people involved agree to a way to divide their assets.

There is no mandatory 50/50 split!!!!

There is no advantage for the person making less to file for a no fault to grab the others assets.

Therefore there is no massive gap in who files first. The person making the most in the marriage does not have to suffer just because the other one wants their assets.

So to nutshell it..... Without the ability to get half of everything automatically the 80/20 file rate goes away.

As I have said all along the reason here in the US that the 80/20 split is money!
If the man is making 100k to 200k a year and the woman is in a job that only makes 50k why should he have to give her half of what he has made because she wants out?

I have nothing against no fault I just think the way the assets are split is wrong!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > how come women initiate the breakup 80% of the time?