Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 susan_cd
Msg: 25
Pandemic swine flu-someting to ponder or NOTPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)

Most prove why they are single, because of short-sightedness and bitterness.

so you're not single (your profile says you're married ) but it also says

looking for fun looking for kool woman to have unconventional friendship

Which implies you're married but not happy & looking to cheat on your wife...nice.... & you're being critical of single people??? Sounds like you're married & bitter.

Of course it may be you & your wife are looking to include another woman in the mix.
 Dudleyh45
Msg: 26
Pandemic swine flu-someting to ponder or NOT
Posted: 1/3/2010 7:43:06 PM
might explain some of the bitterness and guilt he feels susancd. Could be he brought his wife home a dose when she was preggers and that's how the boy got ms? Now he needs a scapegoat. Gotta be careful when playin around out there man. Sounds as plausible as vaccine induced.
 susan_cd
Msg: 27
Posted: 1/4/2010 12:54:08 AM
^^^^ rozzkop seems to have relapsed into preschool mode ....

dudley, wait for it... soon as rozzko sharpens his rapier wit he'll hit us with " i know you are but what am i?" or maybe "says you"

And I didn't see an explanation why rozzko is married but looking for a woman; guess being married & bitter does that to a person.
 susan_cd
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/31/2010 7:19:30 PM
Also, when they do make a flu vaccine for the annual flu season, a commitee has to decide far in advance which strain of flu they think will be the one to make it to north america, and make the vaccine for that strain. If that strain isn't the one that makes it here, then the shot is useless.
 susan_cd
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/8/2010 10:45:44 AM

Imagine what could happen - - - - So what might happen - - -

That's a couple "what if" scenarios.

Research should definitely be done to see what the actual risks are (nothin's completely safe, there are risks in everything) and the people that will be affected should make up their own minds whether they feel the benefits to them outweigh the risks ( definite or possible) to them.
 susan_cd
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/10/2010 10:15:53 PM

Vaccines are a medical scam.

http://www.quackwatch.org/search/webglimpse.cgi?ID=1&query=vaccine

Not everything is dangerous, not everything has risks.

Oh? Can you give some examples of something that isn't dangerous or that doesn't
have any risk?

He can't talk, can barely think. He's helpless and hopeless. Is that a choice you'd want a part of?

I don't think anyone's challenging your feeling about your son or thinks you don't care about him.

The science is catching up to these scumbag vaccine producers and their faulty, fraudulent products.

Which science ( and scientists) might this be? Not WakefieldI hope, his research & findings have been invalidated.
 susan_cd
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/17/2010 10:01:36 PM

And this nonsense about Wakefield's research not being replicated...where did you read that

Since you apparently missed my 2 previous posts with the link, here it is again:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/02/02/lancet.retraction.autism/index.html

and here are the pertinent excerpts:

But subsequent research has been unable to duplicate Wakefield's findings.

A September 2008 study replicated key parts of Wakefield's original paper and found no evidence that the vaccine had a connection to either autism or GI disorders. The study, conducted at Columbia University, Massachusetts General Hospital and the CDC, also found no relationship between the timing of the vaccine and children getting GI disorders or autism.

Since Wakefield's study came out, some 20 other studies have come out, and each one of these studies, done by different researchers, in different populations and in different countries, has denied the associations between vaccines and autism," he said. "Scientifically, this story is over."

and here are a few links regarding Wakefield :

http://briandeer.com/mmr-lancet.htm

http://briandeer.com/mmr/st-wakefield-vaccine.htm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/24/andrew-wakefield-banned-b_n_586983.html

http://www.skepdic.com/wakefield.html

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2009/08/a_dose_of_controversy_more_like_a_dose_o.php

Still waiting for you to post an example of something that isn't dangerous & has no risks per your statement:

"Not everything is dangerous, not everything has risks".
 susan_cd
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/12/2010 11:56:17 PM

Check this out on Facebook....

Facebook? WOW, can't get much more scientific than that.

naturalnews.com

Hmmm I wonder if they have an agenda. I noticed their site promotes (among other things) homeopathy & healing crystals that :

Reduce or eliminate chronic stress caused by the frequencies broadcast by household electrical wiring.
Clear or "restructure" the physical space in a home, office or healing environment.
Tune the mind and body to a higher vibration as part of a treatment protocol for degenerative disease, emotional imbalance or mental disorders.
Amplify the power of intention through meditation or prayer.
Enhance any spiritual practice through greater connection to self and spirit.
Tune specific body energy centers (or "chakras") to clear stagnation and encourage the flow of energy (or "chi").

I think that tells us all we need to know about that site

susan_cd
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/28/2010 3:05:19 PM

If you go to Facebook you will find that even on that site the battle is on concerning vaccine damage. It lists other information as well as personal opinions and stories

I don't know why anyone would rely on Facebook to get medical advice. And personal opinions & stories aren't proof, they're just anecdotes.

Yeah I know sounds like a bunch of quacks who don't have any peer reviewed studies...WRONG. This is a very up to date sight that is worth viewing, unlesws your small/closed mind won't let you.

It's easy to claim they have peer reviewed studies, can you post some links to these reviews?

Rgearding the alleged conspiracy myth of the pharmaceutical companies which is regularly mentioned here, I found a link that has a good debunking of the myth of a medical conspiracy. I'll quote the relevant section & provide the link to the site.

The Evil Doctor Conspiracy of Doom – What this one boils down to is a claim that “Big Pharma” or the medical community or some similar group is actively trying to downplay and discredit the big new wonder treatment, due to the new treatment being a possible threat to their income and profession. This claim will generally go something like, “This new treatment is an amazing new simple inexpensive perfectly-safe marvel, but the medical establishment is trying to discredit it because doctors know that everybody would use this new treatment instead of going to the doctor, and so the doctors would all be out of a job!”

Some examples:

my2cents - 22 January 2009 12:16 PM
I think you naysayers must be doctors, pharmacists or others who make a living through traditional medicine. This treatment must be a threat to your ability to make a living.

my2cents - 23 January 2009 05:12 PM
Your examples are done by those within the realm of traditional medicine. Of course they will say this doesn’t work. It doesn’t help the medical community when people are cured. The don’t spend money on doctors and drugs.

There are a number of problems with this claim. The first off is that there isn’t any sort of an all-encompassing “medical establishment”. Every country has its own medical system. Many individual states, territories, towns, and so on have their own independent medical systems, too. There are some multi-national or international medical associations, but they’re neither omnipotent nor omnipresent. The pharmaceutical industry is similarly split up, and has the added element of each company actively competing with all of the others. For some amazing new medical breakthrough that actually works to be totally blocked by the medical community, you’d need to have cooperation among a considerable number of these different groups. That would be sort of like getting everybody in the Middle East to agree to a plan. It’s not all that likely.

Second, the idea that doctors would spurn some new advance because it was new and it would be useful in treating people is nonsense. Even the most shallow look at medical history shows doctors having eagerly sought out and accepted new techniques and technologies; MRIs and CAT scans are hardly ancient medical techniques, after all. And it isn’t as though by curing patients the doctors would run out of business. There are always more people being sick or injured, and a doctor who gets to be known for curing his patients is a doctor who will get lots of good referrals and lots of extra business. It’s sort of like saying that restaurants assuaging the hunger of their patrons is bad business. The claim makes no sense.

Then there is the world of medical research. This is a very fast-paced, cut-throat, frantic sort of business in many cases. Medical researchers are constantly looking to find the Next Big Thing. That’s how they get their names known, that’s how they get more grants: they find new things, or they fade into obscurity. Is it really reasonable to think that all of these thousands (at the very least) of medical researchers are all going to sabotage their jobs just to try to hide some amazing new therapy? Many of the people who make this sort of claim insist that the researchers would do that very thing because otherwise the “medical establishment” and “Big Pharma” would cut their funding, ostracise them, et cetera. Well, if having their money and fame was so important to these researchers that they could be threatened into submission in that way, then wouldn’t it make more sense for them to jump right on the bandwagon of this new amazing wonder cure, advertise it as much as they can, and then make as much money and fame as they possibly could by marketing it?

On top of all these problems is that for this conspiracy to work, you’d need to have every doctor involved be a totally immoral greedy conniver. Believe it or not, there actually are plenty of idealistic folks in the medical world. And most of the rest of the people in it are just average ordinary people. It isn’t a trade dominated by corrupt moneygrubbers.

The whole idea of the world’s doctors conspiring to hide cures just doesn’t work on any level.

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/forums/viewthread/12459/#409122
 susan_cd
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/28/2010 4:20:24 PM

Who has said all doctors all involved in a conspiracy.

If you'd read what was written you'd see that it stated that such a conspiracy wouldn't work UNLESS all doctors were involved in it.

The conspiracy lies between pharmaceutical producers and governments.

Could you post your evidence to support this claim?

Oh, and in your reply you forgot to include links to the peer reviewed studies you claim exist:

Yeah I know sounds like a bunch of quacks who don't have any peer reviewed studies...WRONG.
 susan_cd
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/2/2010 8:53:00 PM

Why don't you search the topic..lazy? I think you just want me to do your work.

Actually, since we're debating the topic & you're the one making the claim, you're the one who has to provide the evidence to support the claim, it isn't the job of others to prove your claims for you. Making claims without citing the source or providing evidence is the sign of laziness.

I'll refresh your memory, in this thread you've claimed:

Its because vaccines don't accutually enhance the immune system, they suppress them. They can suppress the immune system indefinately in some, basically, altering its true ability to respond to a virus. While there was still fear H1N1 was lethal, they didn't explain why, but knew of the immune suppression, and knew it would leave many without a functioning immune system. Why do you think many young people died? Lifelong vaccinations left them immune cripples.

You didn't post any evidence to back up these statements.

&

There are many examples of the damage they do

You didn't post any of these examples.

&

Another discovery I made was the very good site Child Health Safety. Yeah I know sounds like a bunch of quacks who don't have any peer reviewed studies...WRONG.

You claim they have peer reviewed research, but post no links to these reviews.

&

The conspiracy lies between pharmaceutical producers and governments. It involves complacent and corrupted officials and safety regulations that favour protecting producers. It involves improper safety testing and not taking responsibility for dangerous side effects.

You claim this regularly but have never posted any evidence to support the existence of this alleged conspiracy.

You've also stated :

unlesws your small/closed mind won't let you.

My mind is quite open, which is why I haven't stated your claims & posts are ridiculous; I've simply asked for your proof/evidence. Having an open mind doesn't mean you will blindly accept anything someone claims, it means you're open to their view BUT they need to provide evidence to support it.
 susan_cd
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/3/2010 9:57:36 PM

I take the time to research, I don't ask people to do my work.

I'll break this statement down.

I take the time to research

So you say, but when you discuss this research you took the time for, you make claims but don't post anything to back up your claims.

I don't ask people to do my work.

Neither do I. But you're the one that is anti vaccine not me ( I'm neither anti nor pro) so finding evidence toshow why vaccines are bad is YOUR work on this thread, not MINE.

When you make a claim you should be prepared to have something to back it up, especially when you claim "I take the time to research". If you have taken the time, you should be able to show some evidence that you've dicovered. You never do though, just vague wide sweeping generalizations.

When debating any issue, there is an implicit burden of proof on him or her making a claim.[1] This burden does not demand a mathematical or strictly logical proof (although many strong arguments do rise to this level such as in logical syllogisms), but rather demands an amount of evidence that is established or accepted by convention or community standards.[2][3]

This burden of proof is often asymmetrical and typically falls more heavily on the party that makes either an ontologically positive claim, or makes a claim more "extraordinary",[4] that is farther removed from conventionally accepted facts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophic_burden_of_proof
 susan_cd
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/5/2010 12:20:16 AM
^^^ I'll note again that you've made numerous claims & allegations but when asked for your evidence you don't provide any and instead start your ad hominem attacks

Contrarian ? For seeing you make claims of things you've discovered while doing your research and asking for the evidence you've uncovered?

Anal about how things are done? For wanting proof of someone's claims & not accepting whatever anyone wants to tell me without question?

Close minded? For asking for proof of someone's claims?

It appears that rozzko's definition of close minded is "anyone who questions rozzko's opinion".
 susan_cd
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/14/2010 2:36:55 AM
http://www.wired.com/magazine/2009/10/ff_waronscience_argument

The anti-immunization crowd clings to well-worn myths. Arm yourself with facts.

MYTH 1: Vaccines cause autism.
FACT:Until 2001, some childhood vaccines included thimerosal, a preservative containing ethylmercury. (Thimerosal isn’t gone from all vaccines — it’s still present in some influenza formulations. But none of the vaccines routinely required for school admission contains thimerosal as a preservative.)1 Mercury, of course, can cause neurological damage. But there’s scientific consensus that the amount once used in vaccines — around 50 micrograms per 0.5-ml dose — was far short of toxic. And autism rates have continued to climb, suggesting that there’s either a different cause or, more likely, that a better understanding of the condition has increased diagnoses. A comprehensive review of the research, conducted in 2004 by the prestigious Institute of Medicine, found no evidence of a connection between vaccines and autism. None.

MYTH 5: Scientists are divided about the safety of vaccines.
FACT: By any measure of scientific consensus, there is total agreement: Vaccines are safe, effective, and necessary. Twelve studies have shown that the measles/mumps/rubella vaccine is safe. Many other studies have disproved the theory that the Hib shot is toxic. The few dissenters get lots of attention, but it’s always the same old names

MYTH 6: Aluminum in vaccines is just as toxic as mercury.
FACT: Aluminum, the most common metal in nature, is perfectly safe in small amounts. (A dose of antacid has about 1,000 times as much as a vaccine does.) Aluminum salts are used in vaccines to increase antibody response. They make it possible to use less vaccine less often.
 susan_cd
Msg: 40
Posted: 11/17/2010 8:10:04 PM

Those aren't myths, they're lies.

Thanks for agreeing with me. The site I posted there is a list of Myths the anti-vaccine people use to convince others that vaccines aren't safe.

But you're going even farther than that site & stating they aren't Myths (the anti-vaccine people use to convince others that vaccines aren't safe) they're LIES the anti-vaccine people use to convince others that vaccines aren't safe.

Vaccine damage is complicated and not caused exclusively by metals.

So to recap:

1) some activists say the metals in vaccines are dangerous & cause problems

2) the link sited shows that these claims are myths

3) your argument to discount the site is to say "Vaccine damage is complicated and not caused exclusively by metals"

4) your argument doesn't refute the claim (that the antivaccine people's claims about metals) are wrong. your argument can be broken down to read " OK, but never mind that the claims about metals causing damage are wrong, look at the other causes"

Too bad your search skills are failing to find any real factual information.

Factual information being ( in your closed mind) any information you agree with
 susan_cd
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/18/2010 11:57:58 PM

Just so you can try to understand, the myths and the responses to the myths are all lies

So you claim. You have the claiming part of debating down nicely, now you're supposed to follow it with data to support your view.

Its just confusing mumbo-jumbo that clarifies nothing.. just like your posts.

rozzko's automatic response: an ad hominem attack

No one else here seems to be having trouble understanding my posts & asking for clarification or refuting them, you're the only one calling them rants & confusing mumbo-jumbo .

Hmmm no one but rozzko is having trouble following my posts... rozzko's conclusion: everyone is wrong except rozzko.
 Dudleyh45
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/19/2010 12:04:45 AM

MYTH 1: Vaccines cause autism.

Those aren't myths, they're lies.
They are meant to fool the fools who would read them and say case closed.

Did you just call yourself a liar? That is a strange way of making your point.
 susan_cd
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/22/2010 12:04:58 AM
http://www.wellsphere.com/endurance-training-article.side-effects-of-dtap-autism/542146

Go to that website and read about Sanofi Pasteur listing autism as a side-effect of its DTAP vaccine. Of course they have revised the leaflet leaving that out, because it kind of works against them in vaccine damage lawsuits.

Sanofi Pasteur isn't mentioned at the link provided, could be you have your facts wrong, you provided the wrong link, or perhaps you misspelled the name ( it happens).

Or maybe you're claiming something ( the Sanofi Pasteur stuff) from an undisclosed site you haven't posted & attributing it erroneously to the site you provided the link for.
 chemosaby
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:37:44 PM
http://4allofyou.blogspot.com/2011/02/vaccines-do-not-cause-autism.html
www.ageofautism.com/2009/02/vaccine-court-hepatitis-b-shot-causes-ma-html
www.ageofautism.com/2010/12/americam-vaccine-court-rules-dtap-pertussis-whooping-cough-vaccine-lega-cause-of-epilepsy-boys-death.html
http://www.vaccineriskawareness.com/Infant-Vaccines-Produce-Autism-symptoms-In-Primates
appablog.wordpress.com/2011/04/08/united-nations-ban-of-mercury-in-vaccines-urged-by-u-s-group/
www.vaccineriskawareness.com/Infant-Mortality-Rates_fall-Where-Immunization-Rates-Are-Low
www.topix.com/health/influenza/2011/06/regulator-scathing-of-australian-vaccine-maker
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  >