Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Give me a sign, signal....hint, slap upside the head - ANYTHING !!!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ed9417
Msg: 5
Give me a sign, signal....hint, slap upside the head - ANYTHING !!!!Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Just be glad he showed his ass early. he saved you alot of time and emotion by bailing on you. He was stuck anyway and couldnt drive home after drinking. Plus he may have thought that he was going to get lucky.

He is not worth you time dont worry about it.

on the other hand, the guy that gave you an animal my be being subtle. he will more than likely look for you when he returns to that establishment.

men are dogs, you just do your best to find one that you can keep on the porch most of the time.
 hotsycakes
Msg: 6
Give me a sign, signal....hint, slap upside the head - ANYTHING !!!!
Posted: 11/1/2009 6:12:13 PM
OK, i did NOT sleep w/ him. We didnt get it on in the jacuzzi, and I never even made it past the hotel lobby, and we damn sure didnt do anything THERE ! He did mention he had a boner though...and would need a cold shower which remark I pointedly ignored. Yall dont get it though : Why'd he stick around and wait on me to have breakfast ????
 hotsycakes
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/1/2009 6:13:36 PM
Yank style date culture imho makes dating a billion times harder for you guys than it actually is. You put so much concoction and preciousness about something as unremarkable as genitals in the way of something so damn simple it's ridiculous.
All of you, my advice is go sex up ten men randomly immediately and get over what you seem to think are your better selves. Then date. OUR CULTURE IS VASTLY SUPERIOR TO YOURS IN A LOT OF RESPECTS. IF MOST MEN THERE ARE LIKE YOU, GOD HELP THE WOMEN !

Cripes, sad is the nation which believes the human soul is genitals. Firmly believes it. Jesus would puke HE WOULD PUKE AT YOUR SORRY ASS, THAT HE WOULD
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/2/2009 12:22:15 AM
Nobody knows why the guy disappeared after that. Disappearing = not interested in pursuing. Everyone is going to be more picky if someone lives far away enough to have to get a hotel room to see them. Disappearing is just a common way of brushing someone off, whether it be during emailing someone new, chatting, or after a first date. Just because he was cool and nice doesn't mean he was ga-ga about you. He was having a good time.

He could have had a good time with you if you weren't his type. I think the false premise people make is that they'd have to be really wanting to be with you and date you if they had a good time spending time with ya on a first date they travelled to.

Now, you do have to take in consideration something... He drove all the way out there, yes, he was wanting some action. He wasn't going to push it, he was polite and cordial, but yeah, that doesn't mean he wasn't expecting it. Whether or not you guys hooked up isn't really the question. The bottom line was that you weren't SUCH a catch that he'd want to continue things being 90 mins away, so ending it right then would be better than dragging things out... especially if he knew he was susceptible to dragging things out "to be nice".

I'd say don't have expectations -- that's your problem. Don't have visions of being with someone before or even after your 2nd date. Take a more grounded but not bitter approach. Additionally, it's obvious he was looking to hook up, even though he did respect you.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/2/2009 4:10:38 PM
I believe he did give you a sign, signal....hint, AND slap upside the head. Just in best gentlemanly fashion: *after* he was out of range. . . . It may be that he genuinely didn't make the decision until he was on his way home, or later, after he'd slept on it. It *does* sound like he was counting on getting a bit o' honey, and was likely disappointed.

That said, only a horn dog would mention his boner to his date, and first date at that, lol! *THAT* seriously was when you needed to make a run for it. . . .

You have an additional problem in that lotsa American/European men do a lot of fantasizing about Suzy Wong, and her world. Or what they imagine her world is like. It's going to generate a lot of extra interest in you, but on your part, a lot extra sorting.

Good luck, little one. May the force be with you.
 flbiker
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/2/2009 9:19:23 PM

There is nothing wrong with a fling...it does not always have to lead to a relationship but if for you it does, don't sleep with men too early in the "relationship-building phase"...hold out for some form of committment.

Taken, I have a serious question for you, what kind of committment are you talking about here? To be exclusive? To get some kind of promise that he is planning on being with you for the rest of his life? I really need to understand this because I have just met a woman, she says I turn her on, and she wants to make love to me but can't because she needs some kind of committment. I could lie to her but I won't, I am recently divorced AND had a crappy "rebound" relationship with someone that I really thought was going to be "the one" that I would be with for the rest of my life. I may be a little jaded, or just over cautious, but right now, I just want to date around. Doesn't mean I want to sleep around, just meet other women to date and get to know. Can you tell me what "women" mean when they say they want "committment"?
 SmoothC
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2009 6:38:32 PM
You sound like overly prude to me, maybe thats why hes ignoring you now.

Listen to the others who mentioned you act like a girl in highschool or jr high. They hold weight.

He probally liked you, but couldent get over the feeling there was something weird. When he finally got home and had moment alone to think what it was he realised how immature you where and decided to leave well enough alone and that you wernt it.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Give me a sign, signal....hint, slap upside the head - ANYTHING !!!!