Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 143daddyo
Msg: 273
view profile
History
What's the upside to being over 50 and singlePage 11 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
Thanks for that bit of wisdom. I feel better already.
 URXO2
Msg: 274
view profile
History
What's the upside to being over 50 and single
Posted: 6/30/2011 7:09:08 PM
It's a real curiosity the number of guys and gals who find all this freedom & happiness in singledom! Yet you read their profile and they want a long-term relationship, who's fooling who or are you fooling yourself ???
 Glenoran1
Msg: 275
Posted: 7/1/2011 7:53:05 PM
I had the great good fortune of having had a wonderful relationship long-term with a terrific man (my late husband). The fly in the ointment was his terrible genes and the increasingly severe and debilitating health problems throughout almost all of the time we had together.

There is far less stress and worry in my life now, but it feels EMPTY without someone special with whom to share events, activities, thoughts, etc. Yes, there are definitely upsides to being single at mid-life, but I'd sure hate to think that status quo is permanent.
 deere rancher
Msg: 276
Posted: 7/1/2011 9:28:56 PM
There's an old joke that goes "You know what's worse than being alone?
Wanting to be! "
 candyD50
Msg: 277
Posted: 7/2/2011 8:55:21 PM
I agree!!! You can go where you want to,do what you want to....but really would like to find the right guy for me...
 Happyfeet4u
Msg: 278
Posted: 7/3/2011 11:31:09 AM
Learning that I am the source of my own happiness!
 E_CRUZ4U
Msg: 279
Posted: 7/4/2011 4:09:46 AM
That you could do whatever you want when you want how you want. You could spoil yourself whenever you want with whatever you desire. What your is yours and you don't have to share it. Don't get me wrong am human and I love man, but I love me more and am to old to spoil a man , besides I like spoiling my grandkids more.

E_CRUZ4U
Msg: 280
Posted: 7/4/2011 4:15:49 AM
I guess as your waiting one day for a miracle you do your best by yourself. enjoy yourself and get use to it, as you do, you realize is actual not bad. if you meet someone is not all that bad, but if you don't is not that bad. At the end of the day it's nice to be noticed and desired.
 E_CRUZ4U
Msg: 281
Posted: 7/4/2011 4:19:07 AM
I think no one really wants to be alone at the end of the day. But it is what it is might as well make
the best of it .
 E_CRUZ4U
Msg: 282
Posted: 7/4/2011 4:20:31 AM
Very true I like that
 FaMi
Msg: 283
Posted: 7/4/2011 7:44:35 AM
This is very true!!

I, like everyone else posting in here, is really enjoying my freedom, however, yes, I would like to find someone special as well....which is why it is way harder at this age to find that "just right" person because we feel it's that much we'd have to "give up" on where we are in this stage of life and single-hood. We've had marriage or significant others, had/have careers, raised children...now however it happened..we are single and re-discovering who we are all over again and ...surprise..we really like us, just the way we are. We are in charge of our own remotes and don't have to answer to anyone or be responsible for anyone other than yourself..however, do we miss having a special someone to have that close, initmate relationship? My answer for me, yes. I miss that comfy shoe, that person who knows me and accepts me for who I am and vice/versa. I think, I have had the love of my life and was lucky..Would I have that experience again? Who knows...I'd like to, but like you and everyone else at this age...am extremely picky about who this would be. Yes, life is short, but not short enough to settle for anything less than what we would want to live with for the rest for the rest of our lives and that statement alone scares the hell out of me...so until then..go ahead and dance naked!
 livelaugh_58
Msg: 284
Posted: 7/4/2011 11:10:28 PM
50 is the new 40 . so u are 40. And the younger guys like older women.. hmmm still cant seem to figure that out. going out with a 32 yr old guy who is old enough to be my son. And what could we have in common. Just enjoy being a cougar women!!! like i do. Just keep them all smiling and laughing. No harm in that. And yes men over 50 can be unbearable. But hang in there. Take care. Susan
 Blessingsflowsjh
Msg: 285
Posted: 7/5/2011 4:32:43 PM
You are so correct and thanks for being transparent and besides who wants to live that way
 Blessingsflowsjh
Msg: 286
Posted: 7/5/2011 4:34:18 PM
You go Girl, tell it like it is
 Blessingsflowsjh
Msg: 287
Posted: 7/5/2011 4:36:52 PM
The Lord will grant you the desires of your heart. just be patient and hold on to your dreams. Right down what your desires are you want in your future man and if it lines up with the will of God Then it will manifest when you at least expect it
 Ladyehawk
Msg: 288
Posted: 7/7/2011 1:18:43 AM
I'm 53 and I've been single....not with my soon to be ex husband........for about 2 years. The first year was really hard, I went through the gamut of emotions and I cried.....a lot.

Now ? I've found that attitude is everything. I think the best years of my of life are ahead of me. My boys are with their father so I live by myself.

I can do WHATEVER I want. I can go and do whatever I want to. I can finally do what makes me happy and not feel like I have to answer to someone for it.

The last 2 weekends were spent at a friend's house. It was so liberating to know I didn't have to be anywhere but there.
I'm enjoying my life..........coming and going as I please.
I also now have the time to start studying all the things I wanted to study but never seemed to have the time.....like a foreign language.

I see NO blocks in the road ahead......it's open and waiting.

My advice is to really think about what YOU want, and try to not to get too bogged in the past. There is nothing in past for us but pain, so why do we keep wanting to go back there ?

I'm a soverign entity unto myself. I don't depend on anyone else for my happiness anymore. If I'm not happy with my life then it's up to me to make the necessary changes.
 RichenLosAngeles
Msg: 289
Posted: 7/7/2011 11:52:25 AM
Every month I write an alimony check and bring it to my X.
Then I drive home thinking how much happier I am away from her.
 deere rancher
Msg: 290
Posted: 7/7/2011 3:39:10 PM
What's the upside to being over 50 and single ???

you can save a small fortune on bathroom tissue !!!!!!!!!!!
 Natgoat
Msg: 291
Posted: 7/10/2011 4:38:52 PM
Being potentially attractive to someone your own age...AND...someone 20 yrs Younger..!!
 ClayA.
Msg: 292
Posted: 7/13/2011 10:57:13 PM
The Wisdom of knowing what you 'don't want'. The exp. to venture toward what you 'do' want, & the FREEDOM to do it when you want. "
 pointoffact
Msg: 293
Posted: 7/21/2011 6:23:12 PM
none that I can see
 cupcake1955
Msg: 294
Posted: 7/22/2011 3:36:33 AM
I don't worry what people think of me at my age. I don't have to keep the house as clean as I used to. I don't have to clean up pee from a near miss in the toilet. I don't have to cook as often...or shave my legs for that matter. I feel more in control at my age and won't let guys push me around. It's my turn to call the shots and if I am not treated well ...so long mister...NEXT. So I can yell with joy I'm 55 and can do anything the hell I want to do! And not have to have an excuse. But I am also not used to being alone and I miss having a man around. I just want the next man to meet my needs instead of the other way around.
 Natgoat
Msg: 295
What's the upside to being over 50 and single?
Posted: 7/22/2011 1:20:35 PM
You don't have to check someone elses schedule/plans to do something you want to do....
Don't have to make allowances/compromize for the other persons 'quirks'
(Needing a light on in Every room they're in ~ even on a bright, sunny day!~ ...
Keeping everything 'Home and Garden' neat, cleaning and sweeping everything to within an inch of it's life....constantly!)
Your friends don't have to measure-up to someone elses 'standards'
You can eat whatever foods you choose...with Onions, pepper, garlic, Jalapeno peppers, ...etc.
But...it does have a downside...there's Very Little Kissing involved!!!
 joelmann
Msg: 296
Posted: 7/22/2011 1:36:44 PM
i was divorced very quickly after 30 years of marriage. i went too fast at being single at first, i did not realize that being single at 18 was farrr different than being single at 52. For me, it was truly like learning to swim...and self-assurance and confidence came gradual. It's been ten years, and i am very comfortable now, and i am so much better as a friend to people now .
 purble
Msg: 297
Posted: 7/24/2011 3:13:43 PM
i will be here shortly 54 and been single again for 12 years
find it really hard to imagine to live with someone but would love to have someone to be with concistantly. have here and there a fling - not even a 1 niter - is good sex
stilll wonder why man looking rather at the young drama one then a mature drama free one.
life is good regardless
make the best out of it
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >