Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Love,Quality of life and who pays      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Splendere
Msg: 451
Love,Quality of life and who paysPage 19 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)

We will see if you would be King Awesome.
A face/body pic would help the argument.

LOL! well, I can help you out there...as I've seen several of his pics...and I'd stick $20 bills in his G-string any day of the week! LOL! dirty old woman that I am!

Yikes! I could have done without the visuals of granny grabbing at verity’s crotch…..
And come on, merely $20s?……..Surely he’s worth more than that!
Who’d of thunk bible thumper granny frequents male stripper joints.
No wonder she has to work those long hours - those $20s can add up.

Sometimes when one tries to drive home a point it can come off as bragging.
But the verity and Hugh analogy is not logical. On a deserted island an outcome is quite different than it would be, say, in Hugh’s mansion. Where some may flock to a guy in one circumstance the same persons would, in different circumstances, flock to another man although it’s the same persons in each situation.

All this alpha stuff is bullshit. Many powerful, strong men are not with the most beautiful or strongest women. These men do not need another to bolster their worth or egos. It’s how they got strong and powerful in the first place.
 forumologist
Msg: 452
Love,Quality of life and who pays
Posted: 11/22/2009 2:16:26 AM
If Alpha means irritating, argumentative, safl agrandized, evasive and verbose, relying on looks alone with no character to back up the facade then..........oh heck I thought we were talking about who pays. No we were talking about HH. Oh heck, this thread is a strawman.
 Zephyr2553
Msg: 453
Posted: 11/22/2009 7:10:32 AM
Being broke isn't a cardinal sin in a relationship. Its the guy who too readily accepts his brokness and settles in with a woman who has a job and is self reliant. He watches her tv, eats her food, piddles a little at cleaning or repairs, grouses about his joblessness and brokeness all the while he could even be working at Burger King or bussing tables or even one of those work for pay places to earn money.
Its all about attitude and the knowledge bred into or taught the young boy growing up into manhood that it IS the man's responsibility to care for, to provide for and to protect his own wife and family.
It is up to the woman how much she is willing to tolerate and to see if the scales even come close to balancing. If he isn't her husband, he has absolutely NO responsibility other than that that was taught to him by his parents to her or the home.
I personally can't abide a couch potato, loser, leach who is two faced, whining and angry or bitter about his situation all the while munching on a chocolate bar in front of the TV football game while GF doesn't let the door hit her in the back on her way to work to support the both of them.
 2Irish1
Msg: 454
Posted: 11/22/2009 7:59:04 AM
There is a flip side to this coin...now I know the OPost is about a man's ability/inability to support a woman...but lets be honest here....for the most part we're all in middle age here...and thus have come to accumulate more than luggage...at least some of us have...

Sooo...as a debt free man...with a decent income...college tuitinon ready for my children...why would I want to sidle-up to a woman with 50 credit cards..paying the minimum monthly...heavily leveraged home...and kids ready to go to college, but not a plan in sight on how to pay for it...oh, and the 2010 car...with 0% down payment on it...

How many women can truly do every repair that's neccessary on their home??? How many cook more than the ready made meal??? How many know how to stretch the value of a dollar???

Because I can cook...don't use the packaged ready to heat and serve kind...of course, my culinary skills still need improvement...but, at least I working at it...I keep my home impecible inside and out...in spite of the 2 giggler's efforts to keep everything in disarray...very rarely need a professional to do work on the home/property that I cannot do....

What's in it for me??? Do I need to place "independent" in my profile to weed out the chafe?

post edit:

Danielle,no-one from around here even knows there's aforum on POF...and I've been around long enough to know better than to even look at the 29 yo hottie who write's that she wants me...hahaha...besides I've a daughter that's that age...yeew...thinking about dating my daughters age....yikes...not here...

Bell, I'd swoop you up in a NY second!
 Juste moi Danielle
Msg: 455
Posted: 11/22/2009 8:11:05 AM
^ You certainly seem to have a lot going for you and I don't blame you one bit for being careful and for wanting to protect what you worked hard to achieve.

Do I need to place "independent" in my profile to weed out the chafe?
Haha. No you don't (unless you want to of course.). But I'd be careful about revealing my (material) assets to strangers ... scammers are everywhere and (believe me) some can be extremelly clever and most come with many disguises meant to distract and fool you...just be careful K?

jennyrose41
Msg: 456
Posted: 11/22/2009 8:18:23 AM
Ugh. I know--I am too lazy to read through the whole thread of 25 pages. But at my age, with my own career and retirement plan, house etc., and not interested in having more children, a man need only support himself. Everyone should contribute something to the relationship, whether it is companionship, repair/cooking skills, a sympathetic ear, whatever. If your companion does not provide what YOU find valuable, then he/she may not be the right one. Some people (men and women) feel that financial support is important, but there are plenty who don't. Find the ones that are compatible with your own requirements and try not to complain too loudly about the ones that are compatible with someone else's..... JMHO

Jennyrose
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 457
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2009 8:37:00 AM

Do I need to place "independent" in my profile to weed out the chafe?
LOL!!! YUP!!! You do!

Was at a POF party last night...LOL! Some guy was trying to tell me that I couldn't have my "restrictions" on there, because it eliminated about 98% of men in my age group! LOL! That was the POINT!!!

How many women can truly do every repair that's neccessary on their home??? How many cook more than the ready made meal??? How many know how to stretch the value of a dollar???
Some of us can....LOL! but we're those "manly" ones that men don't want anyhow!

Sooo...as a debt free man...with a decent income...college tuitinon ready for my children...why would I want to sidle-up to a woman with 50 credit cards..paying the minimum monthly...heavily leveraged home...and kids ready to go to college, but not a plan in sight on how to pay for it...oh, and the 2010 car...with 0% down payment on it...
BINGO!!!! Someone finally got it folks!!!!

LOL! as a debt free woman, with 0 credit cards and a home with NO mortgage payment...why the hell would I want to support some guys ex wife (wives) for the rest of MY life. Sheeesssshhh! I'd hope that someone would have shot me in the head if I'd have ever been dumb enough to tell some man....ohhh, don't worry about a thing baby, you just cook and have my babies and I'll take care of you...for life....even when you stop cleaning, stop cooking, stop having babies. stop doing the laundry...stop having sex...and then divorce my butt!!!! So, my newest restriction is....men who have ever been in a relationship with a "non working" woman....is OUT!!! LOL! you shoulda heard the men moaning and groaning about that one last night!
 2Irish1
Msg: 458
Posted: 11/22/2009 8:47:28 AM
Uhhhh...ya gotta have n' ex to moan about her
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 459
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2009 9:23:48 AM
^^^^ DID I say YOU? or geee, did I say the men at a POF party last night.

LOL! you shoulda heard the men moaning and groaning about that one last night!
 OnMyOwn4
Msg: 460
Posted: 11/22/2009 9:33:17 AM

So, my newest restriction is....men who have ever been in a relationship with a "non working" woman....is OUT!!! LOL! you shoulda heard the men moaning and groaning about that one last night!

Awwww and I bet there were women with big broad shoulders there tell those wossies ... don't worry most women are just useless. You got to go for the truck driver types. They are the REAL women, the only women who can carry the load and the only women you can count on in a disaster !!!!

So friggin funny.

OMO
 mysticaries
Msg: 461
Posted: 11/22/2009 9:55:06 AM
Hugh Hefner is a fugly troll.
His ONLY hope of ever being able to fvck the type of women I can, was to figure out a way to exploit both men and women, in order to get rich so that he could buy pvssy.

Put him (even if he was the same age as me) among the 100 men and women on that island I was talking about, most (if not all) 100 women would trample him in order to get to me.

Pffffftttt. Ok. It is the qualities that allowed HH to reach the level of success he has that MAKE him an alpha male. He had the intelligence, ingenuity, gumption, charisma, fortitude, and leadership skills to build a lucrative, iconic empire out of nothing. Those qualities that make someone an alpha male are appealing to most women. I suppose the reason you haven't achieved an equavalent level of success in your chosen field of interest is because of your humble moral compass and philanthropic heart. And if you're so much more appealing than him, the reason you don't have a harem of gorgeous women at your beck and call is because?

The why did you and others attempt to make it about "ME" by talking about what I personally believe, to what I believe women would be attracted to or not, and how I personally compare to Hugh Hefner?

BECAUSE....I asked you on what evidence do you base your claim that dominant men only choose 'dominant' women....and the only thing you could give me was YOUR personal preferences in a woman and your claim that you were a dominant male. YOU are the one who brought up your personal preferences, not me.

Considering that there are people on this forum who know me personally, I'd be a fool to make up a story of being in a relationship with a model who posed for Playboy if I was some fugly troll.
I'm not about to give you her full name. But for anyone who lives in Toronto, one of her many accomplishments was being chosen to be on the cover of the 1991 Sunshine Girl Calendar.
If you knew how many women in Toronto compete for that, you'd gain a better some perspective on where on the food chain she is, and why she was also chosen to appear in Playboy.

Did I mention that she asked me out?
Oh ya, I did, didn't I?....

I never claimed that you were making anything up. I said that your story about a random model you dated 20 years ago proves absolutely nothing to back up your argument. In fact, it has absolutely nothing to do with anything here, and YOU are the one who brought it up. I believe in an attempt to 'prove' that you are an alpha male, and therefore that your personal preferences in women are somehow representative of alpha males in general.

The Alpha claim (that most talk about today) is a banal, meaningless term.

After reading this thread, I'd have to agree with you.
 mysticaries
Msg: 462
Posted: 11/22/2009 10:01:32 AM

Hef has all the traits found commonly in the Alpha type. I'm firmly convinced though, that his prestige and power (not to mention wealth) and affluence in general is what drives his "cool points" up a few notches over the rest. However, strip him of his affluence and power and prestige and he'd still be very Alpha, but let's face it...in a pit of other Alphas he'd be a castoff compared to much younger counterparts.

Without his "extras", Hef would be a very lonely Alpha indeed.

He'd be out prowling trailer parks or retirement homes...

Uh, the REASON he has acquired prestige, power, and affluence is precisely BECAUSE he has alpha male qualities. Someone that has the ability to build the level of success that he has, regardless of anyone's value judgment on what he's done it with, would be very unlikely to be prowling a trailer park alone. He has CREATED what he has.
 northerndreamer
Msg: 463
Posted: 11/22/2009 11:13:03 AM
For a little levity- listen to this voicemail from a truly alpha male. It is hilarious- and it is true! Damien the stud! Why Women Stay Single

http://tiny.cc/tsyj0
 forumologist
Msg: 464
Posted: 11/22/2009 11:27:46 AM
Love, Quality of Life and Why Woman Need Men

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxneslmqAHI&feature=related

And Why We Stay Single

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe0rvkQ597w
 northerndreamer
Msg: 465
Posted: 11/22/2009 3:47:50 PM
Hilarious!! Notice the big guts on all the men??? Why is that?
 northerndreamer
Msg: 466
Posted: 11/22/2009 3:48:53 PM
My post was related to this: I should have clarified.

Love, Quality of Life and Why Woman Need Men

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxneslmqAHI&feature=related

And Why We Stay Single

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe0rvkQ597w
 GoodGirl100
Msg: 467
Posted: 11/22/2009 6:21:50 PM
It is not my man's job to provide for me financially. If I find a good man, he will provide me with love, sex, affection and attention. I'll do the same for him. I would rather not support him financially, but I would help him out in a pinch. People who love one another tend to do that.
 otorringo5
Msg: 468
Posted: 11/22/2009 6:37:47 PM
well if i love the guys , i wouuld wait for him and i would not mind if he dint have a job, as long as hes looking and see that hes a hard working guy, plus he cant be with no job all his life, sooner or later he will have one, and if shes independent women she would help.
 Zephyr2553
Msg: 469
Posted: 11/22/2009 7:38:39 PM
The guy who says he has achieved the epitomy....worked to put his kids through college will most likely be the parent visitng his kid in drug rehab or paying for the spoiled little azzholes cable bill, his car repairs, his girlfriends unwanted pregnance, etal...
The guy who drives a statement car and thinks he can rest on his laurels and find a woman who has done the same, is in for a rude awakening.
Everything he has worked for and I mean everything can be lost in a second, in the blink of an eye.
True, he doesn't need to ferret around in a chicken coop of losers and boozers who thump a cigarette through acrylic nails and wear cheap Payless shoes that reek of foot odor, but what makes him think a tight assed twit is any better than a woman who has worked all her life being the arm candy of a CEO and the mother to his emotionally damaged children?
Each of us measures success in different ways. I avoid the pansy azzed white collar limp dwicked dude like the Beubonic plague. Know why? They are boring and shallow and full of themselves...JMO
 2Irish1
Msg: 470
Posted: 11/23/2009 3:41:10 AM
Gads!!!! I fail to see how any man who provides for his children...insures their demise

<div class="quote">The guy who says he has achieved the epitomy....worked to put his kids through college will most likely be the parent visitng his kid in drug rehab or paying for the spoiled little azzholes cable bill, his car repairs, his girlfriends unwanted pregnance, etal...
The guy who drives a statement car and thinks he can rest on his laurels and find a woman who has done the same, is in for a rude awakening.
Everything he has worked for and I mean everything can be lost in a second, in the blink of an eye.
True, he doesn't need to ferret around in a chicken coop of losers and boozers who thump a cigarette through acrylic nails and wear cheap Payless shoes that reek of foot odor, but what makes him think a tight assed twit is any better than a woman who has worked all her life being the arm candy of a CEO and the mother to his emotionally damaged children?
Each of us measures success in different ways. I avoid the pansy azzed white collar limp dwicked dude like the Beubonic plague. Know why? They are boring and shallow and full of themselves...JMO
 OnMyOwn4
Msg: 471
Posted: 11/23/2009 5:03:15 AM
^^^ Irish ... we have been reading for awhile what a great dad you are with two families, one set of younger children and one set of older children. But your post as to how perfectly you manage things without a woman. That is all fine and dandy, and I am sure you are above reproach. I have however met men who feel that they can do everything so perfectly that any woman would not feel that they bring any value to a relationship when they are told they have a perfect life without them ... and seriously I would feel like another rug rat just taking up space and messing up a couple of dishes.

Every man or woman wants to bring a quality of life to a man or woman that that person can't experience without a partner. Otherwise there would be nothing to be grateful for having a partner for.

Feeling like a nothing in a relationship only sets oneself up for criticism, for being told I have the life, I really didn't/don't need you ...

So to me a man loaded with dough, the chef supreme, father above all fathers, perfect home, perfect life ... what would he need me for. I would be just getting in the way.

Perhaps that is why now that my kids a grown I only date men without younger children as I like to be with a man who wants a life partner, and has time to cultivate a relationship like that. A man who is past the BIG home ... and a nice home perfect for 2 with a guest room .... that we both are partners in, like to golf, travel, and spend quality time together cooking together and taking our time away from each other to work and attend our hobbies and personal family obligations. Oh yea and can make love at any time ... without being interrupted ... unless its by the Jovies ringing the door bell to sell religion. hahaha

OMO
 2Irish1
Msg: 472
Posted: 11/23/2009 5:59:06 AM
Wow, OMO...The things I've said are repeated from a womans perspective thruought the threads...i.e., the independent thread...comes to mind right off the bat...

Chief supreme....ummm.somewhere just recently I jested that I needed a fail proof recipe for TG....cause I didn't want to poison the kids again this year...perhaps you'd missed that....but, I'm sure thast I've mentioned my culinary skills are deficient yet expanding.

Just like every custodial woman parent...I have to expand my horizons....I'm not a "good" cook...I can make a few things well...but, I've so much to learn....you should have seen the melt-down I had the summer of 08 when making potato salad...it came out pretty good...but, it was a struggle, and I felt ill prepared...

Yet, every woman who says; "I do my own home repairs" can identify with my culinary "issues"...

And BTW...I have one older daughter...and she's been a handful...for like"forever"...

That you think I've portrayed the "perfect" life...ummmm...I don't see it...but, then I write so much thru the threads about my life...I may get confuddled about who knows what, when, and where. It's sooo...perfect...you must have missed my postings about my decease 38 yo wife in 08...who I'd been married to for 8 years...and together for 10....seems the perfect life I had...came to a dreadful screeching halt...shame on you for your "assumptions"

As to my young daughters...everyone is entitled to their own desires...and I'd find that you would not be compatible with me and my family...but, that does not mean I was seeking out "you" or any woman with your attitude about young children...I get it...you've been there done that..and are thru...Hey, I'm fine with that...it just doesn't mean that there's not someone else out there who doesn't "feel" as you do....and it is this woman whom I seek.

Loaded with dough????wtf...I live comfortably...sorry for my good fortune...my ability to provide for my family has always been important to me...and I've very proud of...just as millions of CS women can attest to their ability to provide for their families...I just read a post from silken-fire that said exactly the same thing...should she be faulted for being an attorney, never mreceiving a dime of support, and when in a co-habit situation pays 2/3's of the expenses...seems...a cherry pick of my posts is a good way to bash me...shame on you...jealousy is a "poor" trait.

Father above all fathers??? yep, I am a good father...the best...I take great pride in the fact...again shame on you for trying to burst my bubble...

And BTW...there are many women, in the threads, that feel they could enhance my life and that of my children...sigh...and they live soooo....far away...bigger sigh
 OnMyOwn4
Msg: 473
Posted: 11/23/2009 6:15:14 AM
^^^^ sigh back ... I was trying to explain what perhaps the poster who commented on the white collar worker meant.

Irish it was NOT a dig at you ... and so sorry you took it that way. And NO I was not digging at you .... Just talking about men who seem to have a perfect life and leave no space for any women to fill up anything in their lives.

You have changed Irish ... sorry that things went so badly for you after you last relationship that you posted was so good then went way way down hill. Truly I am sorry.

OMO
 2Irish1
Msg: 474
Posted: 11/23/2009 6:26:48 AM
Personally, I don't think that one can logically interpret Zepher's post...It was full of venom...it made little sense....a white collar man...has all the toys, looks for only a trophy, and ruins his kids by providing for them....yikes....and though she'd never mentioned me by name...it was apparent that it was me who she'd pointed the proverbial finger at....

and you did mention me by name....threw out the appropriate disclaimers...and proceeded to defend the indefensible???

Hey, thx, for the apology...yep, not every relationship will be made in heaven...and I'm pretty sure I become entwined with another unsuitable woman...unsuitable for me woman...but, then I am only man....we don't know too much

BTW, that last friend/relationship...I never felt loved...I'm thinking that it's important to feel loved...jmo
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 475
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2009 6:58:35 AM

Personally, I don't think that one can logically interpret Zepher's post...It was full of venom...it made little sense....a white collar man...has all the toys, looks for only a trophy, and ruins his kids by providing for them....yikes....and though she'd never mentioned me by name...it was apparent that it was me who she'd pointed the proverbial finger at....
Frankly, some people think that ALL comments are aimed directly at them....EVEN when there's been specific mention of a time, place, or set of circumstances which specifically excludes them. LOL kinda like setting in church and always thinking every thing is about "me, me, me". It's called "guilt complex".

I understood her post perfectly: That most often those who driven by money, and what they can give to their children (toys) ; fail to give their children what's most valuable...their TIME, and guidance. Hence her comment, that each of us measures "success" in different ways.

There's a HUGE difference between the "Paris Hiltons" whose mommy "works" at being TV host, actress...and sends the kid to be "best schools", but blames her daughters addiction on the media rather than a lack of good parenting; and the kid whose Dad works in the foundry an Mom works scrubbing floors at the hospital so they can put away the money to send their child(ren) to college. In the first case, there is no "sacrifice" of personal gain. The child is nothing more than just another "expense"...which is easily affordable. In the latter case, the child is important, and the parents are happy to sacrifice a set of gold plated golf clubs, and $10,000 c0cktail dress, etc, in order to prepare their child to make his way in the world. It's not about the money...it's about the parents ATTITUDE toward the money.

Honestly, you, nor anyone else I've seen here even remotely fits the first category....well, with the exception of the few women here who are looking (and already snagged) those yacht owning CEO's.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Love,Quality of life and who pays