Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Love,Quality of life and who pays      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ItsMargo
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Love,Quality of life and who paysPage 2 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)

I still remember that, I decided marrage must have little value when people who have it put it before the person

Perhaps her family wanted to ensure the estate remained in the family and she listened to her family in much the same way as your Grandfather listened to his community. "Go ahead, Grandma, remarry and be happy, but make sure this geezer isn't looking for your money."

^^ It cuts both ways Sam.
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Love,Quality of life and who pays
Posted: 11/2/2009 6:07:19 AM
ZENBETH wrote

Serenity Sam wrote: I was disturbed by what I heard on a forum so thought I would put this to the readers.A guy commented regarding women and quality of life. It went like this, if you cant provide for her why should she stay around. .......What is your view on the topic?

STILL CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO HIGHLIGHT SOMEONE ELSES QUOTES, HOMEONE HELP
Thanks Lintspoter it worked

I feel today, success of a family( with children) is dependant on a two income household, both parents working to survive and thrive, given the other components of love, admiration, and a genuine need to be with the other person exists. If they both wanted children then marrage is essential for the stability of the children and isnt that what it is actually about, marrage that is? I see no reason for marrage when children are not a factor.
I wouldnt marry anyone today, there is no reason for it, since child rearing is no longer a factor, two people can co-habitate without marrage, since in essence its just a legal contract which is only a security viehicle to those who might be insecure. What she has remains hers, what he has remains his. What expenses they occur as a group they share together.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 6:12:39 AM

I wouldnt marry anyone today, there is no reason for it, since child rearing is no longer a factor, two people can co-habitate without marrage, since in essence its just a legal contract which is only a security viehicle to those who might be insecure. What she has remains hers, what he has remains his. What expenses occur they share together.
Cohabitation brings with it the same financial responsibility towards each other that marriage entails in most places. Hell, where I live a relationship of permanence even with separate residences maintained brings about some financial responsibility for anything accrued during that relationship.

Everyone should check the laws of the area they live in as family law is constantly changing to adapt to more modern relationships.

STILL CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO HIGHLIGHT SOMEONE ELSES QUOTES, HOMEONE HELP

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts469064.aspx
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 7:00:42 AM

ItsMargo wrote:

Perhaps her family wanted to ensure the estate remained in the family and she listened to her family in much the same way as your Grandfather listened to his community. "Go ahead, Grandma, remarry and be happy, but make sure this geezer isn't looking for your money

I imagine this may have been the case, they both grew up during an era when cohabitation was frowned on by society. They both decided to lead seperate lives, my grandfather continued to write, spend time with friends and his community. I don't what happened with this other woman that he had previously been engaged with. I just know I visited him in NYC and he came down to visit us in NJ. I think a lifetime with my grandmother at the age of 82 was fulfilling for him and saw no need for remarrying, he had other women friend that enjoyed his company, my guess is he found contentment being single after 50 some odd years with my grandmother.
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 7:28:58 AM

What is your view on the topic?
I think it's TOTAL BS, hey, you asked!

Aren't some of these guys the SAME ones who post in forums about how much they DISLIKE exactly what they seem to be advocating as "desirable" here? You SAY you want a woman who doesn't see you as a checkbook.....YET....you don't like "independent women, "masculine" women, women who work, women who have any autonomy in life!!!!
You get EXACTLY what you wish for....and then cry about it!

I cant help to think are we as a society that shallow, bypassing good people for holding out on material gains, and loosing characteristics, chance at love in the name of materials?
LOL! this is sheer insanity! Dude....I get bypassed all the time simply because I worked for a living and now have a good retirement income to show for it; but I'm not going to create a thread and whine about the fact! REVERSE DISCRIMINATION is STILL....>DISCRIMINATION!

I fully recognize that most men want a woman who is very dependent on them, because it makes them feel needed. Unfortunately, men (and I'm NOT man bashing...I adore men!) but you men ASK for this!!! You put your entire sense of self worth into how much money you earn...and you insist that women who earn a living are "masculine, independent" and not "old fashioned" enough for you. Well, it's time you realize that the BIGGEST reason that women traditionally got married in the first place....was to BE SUPPORTED financially. You really need to ask yourselves why you lament the bygone days of the 1950s.....and THEN turn right around and talk about how sad it is that women expect you to provide for the materially! It's BECAUSE....THOSE ARE THE WOMEN that YOU look for....and desire!

What you (men) are looking for...is a woman that they can COMPETE with....and win. The problem IS, that many women today are NOT looking to COMPETE; we're looking for PARTNERS.....TRUE partners, who don't view us as "The ENEMY" (competition) but who view our equal contributions as our commitment to the overall good of the relationship.
 Sabrosura
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/2/2009 7:38:49 AM

I was disturbed by what I heard on a forum so thought I would put this to the readers.
A guy commented regarding women and quality of life. It went like this, if you cant provide for her why should she stay around. As sadly a statement as it sounds, I come to agree in many situations, men have no chance at a successful relation if they cant provide finances, stability, and other check lists many women have regarding essentials for a relationship. I cant help to think are we as a society that shallow, bypassing good people for holding out on material gains, and loosing characteristics, chance at love in the name of materials?
I realize there are some that have inner fortatude and dont succume to that, but I cant help realizing that many bypass what they value as meaningful to a succesful relationship.

For me, it's not about seeking out a "rich man" so he can shower me with gifts and treat me like a so called "Princess", but having a man that is capable of maintaining our household, etc....should we fall into a given crisis (i.e. I am hospitalized or can no longer work due to a health condition, etc....) and vice versa.
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 7:46:35 AM
GrandmaBooBoo wrote:

I think it's TOTAL BS, hey, you asked!

Aren't some of these guys the SAME ones who post in forums about how much they DISLIKE exactly what they seem to be advocating as "desirable" here? You SAY you want a woman who doesn't see you as a checkbook.....YET....you don't like "independent women, "masculine" women, women who work, women who have any autonomy in life!!!!
You get EXACTLY what you wish for....and then cry about it!

I cant help to think are we as a society that shallow, bypassing good people for holding out on material gains, and loosing characteristics, chance at love in the name of materials?
LOL! this is sheer insanity! Dude....I get bypassed all the time simply because I worked for a living and now have a good retirement income to show for it; but I'm not going to create a thread and whine about the fact! REVERSE DISCRIMINATION is STILL....>DISCRIMINATION!

I fully recognize that most men want a woman who is very dependent on them, because it makes them feel needed. Unfortunately, men (and I'm NOT man bashing...I adore men!) but you men ASK for this!!! You put your entire sense of self worth into how much money you earn...and you insist that women who earn a living are "masculine, independent" and not "old fashioned" enough for you. Well, it's time you realize that the BIGGEST reason that women traditionally got married in the first place....was to BE SUPPORTED financially. You really need to ask yourselves why you lament the bygone days of the 1950s.....and THEN turn right around and talk about how sad it is that women expect you to provide for the materially! It's BECAUSE....THOSE ARE THE WOMEN that YOU look for....and desire!
The ask for response was to solicit both gender views, regarding on mans response to a question imposed before him. Why some men are overlooked as a compatable partner, if he is down on his luck when finances may be an issue. This person responded with, "Why would a women stick around if you cant offer her anything" My view was that when people view others by what they have to offer financially they are missing what this person might have to offer that isnt material based. I see this view conflicting with many people that have succumed to realize that although "money cant buy you love" it pays rent and bills. I have helped out women friends also when they were down on thier luck, but I never discounted them due to the circumstances life threw at them. I dont think anyone ever wants to be a burden on someone else if they can help it. What I do have an issue with is somone who is past the age of child rearing who may try to use marrage or the other person for financial gains, expecting them to foot thier expenses. Regardless of sex.

What you (men) are looking for...is a woman that they can COMPETE with....and win. The problem IS, that many women today are NOT looking to COMPETE; we're looking for PARTNERS.....TRUE partners, who don't view us as "The ENEMY" (competition) but who view our equal contributions as our commitment to the overall good of the relationship.

BlueEyes1712
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 8:04:22 AM
From previous quote, hope I get my view across, but think it may just inspire another string of tangent responses, so here goes nothing, lol CONTINUED

The response was regarding a guy from another forum who made the statement, "If you can't offer her anything why would she stay with you". Naturally everyone responded to it differently, had different views of what the sentence actually mean but heard the words from thier own experience. The way I interpreted it was that why would somone stay with someone else if they had nothing to offer. Naturally if there were no common thread that made each one not even care about one another naturally that is obvious. But here, its a man saying, "If he can provide support, expecting to be the supporter" First I find this statement lost in the past, when one person could support a family, its no longer a factor today so that is irrelevant. I think a more apropriate statement should be why would a man or a women consider the other if either one couldnt provide support. I realize women have this internal clock and many may not feel fulfilled without completing her materal need to bear a child. It is so prevalant today with women deciding to have a child out of wedlock and putting this before everything else. Most women will admit, the child is the most important thing in thier live, its the best thing that happened to them. When someone takes that step with the man they choose and it doesnt work out, its that women and mans responsability. I see women with children who look for others to compensate for thier misfortune in the father they chose and look for men to help raise thier children. My own brother made that mistake being taken in by such a person, so I have some ill feelings in this regard. And naturally he has learnt from it. He is a responsable man, it was his second marrage, he provided child support for his first child and had his boy each weekend. He helped raise this womens children although it was a burden, he came to love the kids even though he lost his love of the women who had used him. I know once the last remaining child that exists between them is grown he will get rid of her because she doesnt contribute to the household, only spends her income on herself and the credit card bills she accumulated on unnessearry items has been a hardship on him and the children. She is basically a very selfish person. The children were asked a number of years ago, two her natural sons, and one between them, who they would want to be with if they divorced, all chose my brother, non wanted to stay with the natuarl mother. Some people have to learn the hard way.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/2/2009 8:53:42 AM
Generalize much?
I have met my share that would and have gladly over the years reap much from my labor.

Just be able to hold you own gentlemen, those days are gone me carrying the major part of the load. I won't and can't anymore.

Some men are after a sugar momma to.

I would never dump someone I loved in between jobs or careers, but he better not be a job snob until he finds what he wants.

Be a clerk or something until a offer comes along, and don't sit at home waiting for the bus so to speak..

Any one of us could have what we have go poof at any time.
 Sabrosura
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/2/2009 9:02:23 AM

18 ? My son is 22 , and I'm still busting my butt , to get him through his 5th year of collage. SOMEBODY OWES ME 4 years ! ...
Newsflash : Kids are a lifetime commitment. (or at least they should be!)

xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/2/2009 9:24:43 AM
What a great topic and thread. I'll get serious on this one...
I've been on the other end of the equation and been taken for a ride by men I have been with. It's not fun to find out people are with you for all the wrong reasons. The financial consequences last for many years along with the emotional distress and lack of trust toward worthy suitors.
As far as the go gold diggers comment I find it very disrespectful toward hard working people that try to share their resources with the people they choose to love. Love is love and when it is taken advantage of it does hurt no matter how much you have or don't have.
I choose the men I date for the qualities I seek in any friendship male or female. No one likes to be taken advantage of.
I've always pulled my own weight and never had a man support me. It would be nice to find a good man that will at least love me enough to want to meet me half way though. You may be tired of the gold digger bashing but you never had that shoe on your own foot. I don't bash anyone but that does not mean I don't like the things they choose to do. Far be it from me to pass judgment of any kind.
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 9:39:54 AM

Edit: I just saw a reference to BOOBOO's comment.. I just HAVE to go there

"Well, it's time you realize that the BIGGEST reason that women traditionally got married in the first place....was to BE SUPPORTED financially. You really need to ask yourselves why you lament the bygone days of the 1950s"

Booboo.. you are absolutely right about the first part of that. The PROBLEM is that the new woman STILL expects that.. but FAILS to be the supportive wife to the man.

YES we long for the mentality of the 50's.. where we had a clean house, well raised kids, hot freshly cooked food, but most of all.. we long for

BEING RESPECTED AND APPRECIATED FOR HOW HARD WE WORKED TO PROVIDE IT ALL.
LOL! Hey, don't shoot ME dude.....I'm just the messenger!!!!

But, you are right....At least women did actually raise the kids and keep the house back then; and today's women expect men to work all day...AND come home and take an equal part in being a "housewife". But the fact STILL remains that the men who tend to complain about the inequity of that scenario, ARE the SAME who avoid working women like the plague, because they're "too independent".

Actually, I'm really on the "males side" in this issue.....EXCEPT when it comes to their double standards. I'm not husband hunting, looking for a paycheck/health insurance or anything else....so I really don't give a good rat's hindend; but hypocrisy is hypocrisy. I've encountered a lot of men....mostly in the past, who've commented that "they wish their wives were more like me".....which....was BS! It's always that "grass is greener on the other side" crap. Yeah, I went to work everyday, loved it....didn't fell as if I was shortchanged in life because I had to work....in fact; I probably wouldn't have "had" to work....my husband was even older than me...LOL! so, I guess he would have been ok if I'd decided to "stay home"....I just didn't WANT to. I'm happy that HE was OK with me wanting to work. I'm REALLY glad that he didn't get his jock strap in a snit because I made more money than him! And, the fact is....that he and I NEVER fought about money....LOL! we fought about sex! LOL! I wanted more....he wanted less....go figure!

But the point is; that ALONG with a woman who pulls her weight financially.....yeah...we're going to expect the SAME things that men want.....and DESERVE; like, respect, consideration, appreciation, etc. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that most men would rather "buy" these things with a support check...than they would to earn them in non monetary ways. I'm SO totally convinced of that, that I've stopped dating any man who has EVER been married to or in a long term relationship with a woman who has NOT worked. We simply have NOTHING in common....ie, they think I'm too independent because I pay my electric bill, and they think I'm too "masculine" because I can fix the lawnmower.

I really don't have a lot of sympathy for either gender. Men want women who want men who have money. Well, then when she's got your butt in divorce court....remember...she's the "feminine, old fashioned, stay at home mom that YOU wanted). Women want men who have money, but also want men who cater to their every whim, are the fun, outgoing, connected husbands and fathers they saw on TV (fantasy land)....because they've never worked for a living....and can't even begin to comprehend that to have money...>SOMEONE HAS TO WORK! Well, guys....how can you expect your "traditional" women to UNDERSTAND that work...is tiring! You don't feel like cooking dinner, doing the laundry, washing the dishes, diapering the baby, and playing catch with little Johnny AFTER you've already put in 10-12 hrs that day at the office???? BUT...it's what YOU WANT....the "little woman"....and it's what you GET....so stop ****ing about it!
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/2/2009 9:56:44 AM
WOO HOO GRANDMABOOBOO!!!!
I enjoyed your post. I get crap from men I date all the time for working on my own car, fixing the lawn mower, changing a breaker in the breaker box, and replacing my own gosh darn kitchen faucet!!! I was a single parent and had to figure these things out for myself. Now it's funny when someone tries to help me. Shoot both my daughters work on anything mechanical until they figure it out. They even know more than half my male friends!!! I got a kick out of your lawn mower comment...
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 10:14:54 AM

She believes strongly in this:
He cooks meals.
He does laundry and vacuums.
He has 50/50 time with the kids as much as she does. Has to feed them, bathe them and put them to bed every night while she rests. On the weekends, his days off, he has to be with them continually so that she has time off.
He grocery shops.
All of this as soon as he comes home from his full-time job....45 hrs. a week most of the time.
Her? She doesn't have a job and wants to a full-time mom. But, being with kids all day is exhausting apparently.
BINGO!!! That's EXACTLY what they want....and men support it, because they think there's "security" in having a woman who needs to be "supported". LOL! They just haven't figured out YET...that it's NOT about "them"...it's about the amount of "support" they can provide....which; these women WILL get in divorce court...and them move onto the next sucker.

At least I did that when I was a stay-at-home mom and wife. My husband came home to relax and wan't made to do anything.He earned that.
EXACTLY RIGHT Belle Lass! That was "your job"....to make sure that when HE came home from work, the house was ALREADY clean, the kids were taken care of, their dinners were cooked and HE COULD relax and enjoy what he was "paying for". I don't mean that to sound "derogatory" in any way....but it was in fact what he was "supporting"..... or "his reward" for going to work every day. And THAT Ladies and Gentlemen.....is what real "homemakers" DID. Not this crap we see today, where women claim the "title", but FAIL to do ANY of the WORK! And MEN...don't deny that YOU support this 2000 woman nonsense! I know you DO! When you grow the "equipment" to tell that "stay at home mom" that she don't need no stinking car keys....cause she just "stays at home".....THEN you come back here and whine to us. When she has the house clean and the kiddies squared away and dinner on the table, THEN she might get to borrow YOUR car to go to her sister's Tupperware party.

I'll stand up for YOU against these "entitlement sisters"....you bet I will.....in a heartbeat....because your DADS did for me when I wanted to work and contribute to my family's financial well being....but FIRST....you need to stand up for YOURSELVES and stop whining about being taken advantage of when it's you yourselves who are begging for it by dating these worthless excuses of "femininity".
 chameleonf
Msg: 40
Posted: 11/2/2009 10:35:05 AM
Ahhh...the good old "who pays" theme yet again. If men stopped throwing material things at certain women who expect material things in order to have a relationship to begin with, it wouldn't escalate further. If you figure that paying a woman's way is about the only way you can catch one and keep one, you pretty much get what you get and I'm not about to feel sorry for you. You're attracting women based on what signals you're giving out...then you complain when you've caught that type of woman expecting they're going to stick around when you stop putting the bait out there. So, you get angry when it becomes an expectation after you've set yourself up for that situation, you break up with that sort of individual or divorce them, then throw yourself out in the dating scene again and repeat the process of attracting those same type of women in a materialistic way. Wash, rinse, repeat. Then because your methods haven't changed, suddenly you paint all women with the same brush and cry the blues that they're all out for material gain or need to be looked after. Be a bit more discerning to begin with about not only who you are attracting but about how you go about attracting them, otherwise you're the one to blame. If you were more concerned about impressing women with your personality instead of your pocketbook, you'd be getting more women who are interested in your personality rather than your pocketbook. Go figure.
 Cape Sunshine
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/2/2009 11:08:30 AM
I am starting to get paranoid about dating men. So know I have to starting worring if he think I just want him for his money. Is this crap ever gonna stop???
 hot_buttered_soul
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/2/2009 11:43:16 AM
Like really who cares.. I don't want to date an unemployed woman either.

In todays day and age, for many it takes 2 incomes.

No matter whose foot it falls.. no-one wants to be with someone sitting in their butts.

Yea I know.. someone is going to say their disabled, someone is going to say their pregnant.. Save it.. we're not talking about you.

Go out .. get a job.. get a life.. just then you might have something interesting to share with somone.
 Sabrosura
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/2/2009 11:47:07 AM
^^^Plenty of pregnant women and disabled people work too.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/2/2009 12:02:10 PM
I'm not going to read this because I know the usual suspects will chime in about how evil women are and how long-suffering and noble men are, and then I'll get all pissed off all over again, always at the same posters.

I realize there are some that have inner fortatude and dont succume to that, but I cant help realizing that many bypass what they value as meaningful to a succesful relationship.

And JUST by this statement you show your cards. Women who choose a LTR based on characteristics WHICH INCLUDE but are RARELY LIMITED TO finances are, by your own statement, lacking in "inner fortitude", for some reason.

Anyway, here's my take:
Women have choices. If we don't like a man for any reason, there will most likely be another man coming along. Normal men see this and say, "Dang, women are fickle!" Super-hott or super-rich (or just super-confident) guys will say, "So what, there's always another hunny to come along." But, if you are just a below-average-in-any-way man (finances, looks, intelligence, personality), you do NOT have the same choices that women [or superior men] do, so you can't AFFORD to be as choosy as women are. So you think women are choosing crazy things to be picky over. But it works for most of us.

There is no reason to choose a dirt-poor guy over a reasonably financially stable guy. NO reason, except love. And love has a tendency to dry up when it's too hard over the long haul.
 Arabianangel
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/2/2009 12:05:10 PM

The PROBLEM is that the new woman STILL expects that.. but FAILS to be the supportive wife to the man.

YES we long for the mentality of the 50's.. where we had a clean house, well raised kids, hot freshly cooked food, but most of all.. we long for

BEING RESPECTED AND APPRECIATED FOR HOW HARD WE WORKED TO PROVIDE IT ALL.

I actually agree with all of which you stated Kindman!

In actual fact women have been their own worse enemies by competing with men....only to reach the top and realize just how much they've lost along the way.
 chameleonf
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/2/2009 12:46:41 PM
WE ARE. We're loyal, playful, cum when called upon, We'll do the heavy lifting.. bring in the paper and slippers.. fight any invader to the death, even pee where you tell us to (as long as we can lift our leg to DO it)

ALL we want is that scratch behind the ear.. regular meals, something to drink.. and to allow us to hump your leg(or other places) when we get the urge.

Yeah.. I want to be a woman's dog.. Loyal to the core

Cute. However, men are much more complex creatures than you give them credit for, even if you are one. You discredit them by inferring they only want the basics out of life and they're good to go. They are just as emotional as women but not as expressive about it. They want contentment, sure. So do women. This competition for superiority has got to go. Neither are better than the other and as soon as some of one gender stop thinking they have it over the other, that's when all the bashing will stop. Good luck with that though. There are to many people with inferiority complexes that insist on asserting themselves by bashing (which amounts to whining most times), instead of taking a good long hard look in the mirror and realizing they are at last 1/2 to blame for their lot in life.
 forumrum
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/2/2009 1:10:09 PM
It works both ways. It's 2009, not 1959. The old roles and expectations are just that, old.

I would not date a woman in a lesser financial situation, nor social situation. I don't care what she looks like or how good she is in bed. Times have changed. I will never financially support anyone. I'll be your partner, not your supporter.
 ~DREAMS~
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/2/2009 1:42:50 PM
I have read most of this thread but I just may think differently on many things touched upon within the various postings.

I think the main thing is how to think about money.

Aside from when the fed decides to stimulate by printing a big batch of bills most of the money is owned by someone. be it a company, government, or the people that live within one of those two enviroments.

From what I read several people think that having a job is making money. You are not making money when you are working for someone else. The money is already made and owned by someone else.

They are instead giving it to you not totally because you spent time at their factory, company, store, or resturant. Instead they are agreeing that you would be a person worthy of assisting in keeping the flow moving.

Example ...... When money is moving around like when you buy a new outfit, go out to eat, buy a new product etc the result is a balance of sorts. When the money takes a pause or stops moving is when people start having issues.

While it is moving likening the flow of money to that of a river it allows for people to see where the river flows and find a container of some kind to get a drink of it. AKA The start a business of some kind so that they can drink from the well.

That business owner will usually be smart enough to grab a bucket or barrel full of that flow as it passes by their doors so that they can have enough for themselves to drink from yet also enough to share with others that are willing to help them keep the bucket topped off.

Since most people do not know the locations that the rivers of flow travel through they instead need to work for someone that does know where the river is and has diverted some of its liguid flow to pass by their business in the form of a stream which allows their employees to gather it to be placed in their bucket or barrel or whatever they are using to gather the funds in.

In the 40's and 50's the women were the main consumers in the market place. But they wanted to find a way to have a drink from that big river of flow that was seen.

You can not bash on women for being smart enough to see a flow, getting thirsty, and desiring a drink from it.

So they created their own flowing systems. Started complete markets, and industries adding open buckets to catch flow in the very streams they spent adding to.

Buckets and barrels for them to share from started poping up all over the place resulting in many women going to work.

Generaly speaking at that time in history those opposed to women working assumed that the women would be taking the jobs away from the men.

While yes in some cases that has happened it is mostly recently that it has happened the majority of the women working was the result of women creating their own markets.

Fashion, cosmetics, personal service industries cattering to the softer side of life ;)

Complete untapped markets that that movement established to complete their end goal of equality.

The trouble is like said earlier... The majority of the money is already in the system so in order to utilize that money as rivers and streams passing by the places that women had built as containers that meant women had to discover way to get the money from one river to a totally new river of finacial fluidity that they were setup to stream from.

Ah the great birth of media which allowed anyone having enough in their containers to call out to others to keep the flow moving by purchasing their brands. The most sucessfull at it would be granted larger streams of flow to use to split into larger qty's of smaller streams AKA ability to hire more people to help gather up the money flowing by the businesses door step.

the problems are the gready ***holes that chose to build dams to stop a stream to try and build a lake.

Well just like water flow money flows the same way when that happens. the stream pressure increases as the level rises and eventually it creates enough back pressure to cause the water to stop flowing into that stream and instead stay contained within the rivers main flow to trickle down to a different stream that is not damned up.

in a nut shell....

true equality can never be found between the sexes untill the day that both sexes have equal amounts of main river flow to partake from.

It is not even close. 1 man has more money than almost all the fortunes amassed by women combined, and trust me women like Oprah out in the world are not exactly anywhere near a welfare line. so we are talking about HUGE rivers of monitary flow

And that is not even considering all the other men that also have large rivers of flow.

When you have that much volume the detriments of even stoping flow for a short while has enough power to dry up many of the streams feeding the buckets and barrels downstream from their main source. Which would also result in those smaller containers that the majority of the people are actully drinking from to start thinking of rationing.

We as a society of people already experienced that before and a lot of people died as a result.

It is still happening in other countries right this very moment.

So the topic is LOVE, Quality of life, and WHO pays.

LOVE....

What do you love in life? Because someone that knows this is well on the way to happiness. How much do you love it and do you love it enough to ensure its survivial?

Quality of Life....

Choose the quality of life you desire but be sure that you bucket, barrel, or persistant stream has sufficient flow to maintain that quality of life or it no longer seen as a quality and instead switches over to a burden of life.

Who pays....

Everyone downstream of you!!!!!!!!

If you are standing at the same river bank or tributary stream as others and you are closer to the source than they are that means whatever fluid you are filling your buckets and barrels with is that much less everyone else downstream will have avaialable to share. ( means everyone at the end of the stream trying to get a drink end up fighting over it because there is not enough volume left to sustain the amount of glasses being held out searching for a drink.

Bottom line.....

Don't blame the women for wanting to make sure their glasses have something in them to offer their thirsty children. It isn't the women holding the keys to the damn upstream. If the ***holes upstream will open the flow up to allow the rivers, streams, and tributaries to maintain higher levels of containment there would be less fighting over the last few trickles at the end.

Just my opinions. If it didn't make sense sorry it makes sense to me so i assumed maybe it may also make sense to someone else.
 Arabianangel
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/2/2009 2:13:25 PM

THEY thought it was ANGER needed to be TOUGH. They tossed out femininity to grasp that anger. They then placed that anger towards men and TOOK IT PERSONALLY when the men fought/pushed back.

You make a lot of valid points Kindman....however it's only fair to look at the mistreatment women have suffered dating back even as far as the perpetuated mistreatment of the Catholic inquisition...How much did women suffer? They were branded all sorts of things from witches to disobedient whores that were punished if they God forbid voiced their opinions...Women, I believe have suffered more in history than any man could ever think of in this day and age. They were FORCED to suppress their feelingsā€¦...all of which could be the root of the anger you speak of.
 ~DREAMS~
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/2/2009 2:20:08 PM

I only glanced and it DIDNT make sense.. and was NOT germane to the whole post.. but thanks for sharing ECON for dummies

Well maybe if more than a glance was done it might have been seen that it does have to do with the thread.

If someone can dip their glass in and pull out a full container while someone else is running around downstream collecting trickles the one with the full glass can spend more time drinking it since it was not as hard to collect.

I think that has everything to do with quality of life.

As for econ for dummies to some yes it may seem basic but even many that spout off about knowing how the econamy works still don't show it with their actions.

They will go to the store and complain about sales tax and then drive off and hit a pot hole and bytch that the town didn't fix it. Or they will buy something out of state from the internet and then complain that there are not enough cops patroling their neiborhoods protecting them from those who chose to take instead of earn.

Speak to the few morons that took econ 101 that think they got to world all figured out now and how monitary flow trully works just cause they saw a pie chart in a text book but have no way to relate those to real world senarios.

Econ class may show you what is happenening but it damn sure can not explain WHY it is happening.

My example was like a econ for dummies?????? I don't remember any Econ class able to explain to me why people choose to stay down at the end of the streams to fight with everyone else down there.

Not like there is anything blocking someone from moving further up the stream where there are less people and more volume of flow.

Just too lazy to walk upstream and instead would rather sit in the mud puddles at the end bytching that someone would try to dip their glass into their puddle.

NEWS FLASH!!!! Move your azz further upstream and you can use a big enough container capable of holding more than what you need to survive and it really is not that big of an issue if someone is thirsty needing a drink of what you collected.

Think that has everything to do with quality of life so how is it not germane to the post?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Love,Quality of life and who pays