Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Gold Diggers, or someone of that ilk      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 48
Gold Diggers, or someone of that ilkPage 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
The scent of mortgage is quite an aphrodisiac to most women.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 49
Gold Diggers, or someone of that ilk
Posted: 6/16/2017 11:06:39 AM
Doubtful. Men my age range shouldn't have a mortgage
I wonder if you can get mortgages on Castles?
 gtomustang
Msg: 50
Posted: 6/16/2017 3:24:12 PM
shoot, I don't hide my money, and that hasn't changed my dating chances (for the sake of argument, the diff between money and wealth is the latter is an investment or business that continues making money, whereas money is just something gone once you've spent it. Its why lottery winners go broke). "Silly broads" do go for the superficial, its what makes them silly. Guys who chase the Barbie dolls, are surprised they got arm candy that offers nothing else to them.

Want to find a gold digger? its real easy....look at every person for what you can get out of them. then you have the mindset of a gold digger, and you won't run away from one when you meet one. of course, to be like one, you also have to have something other people actually want--otherwise you'll always be the chump victim. Gold diggers have something men want, and certain men figure they can buy their way inside it. GD are smart enough to say, "OK, chump, if you're going to play that, i'm going to take the candy away from you, baby". don't want to get suckered? then don't be a sucker.

Stop trying to get more from people than you give to them, and you'll avoid the GDs in life.

when I go out on a date, I want to know what she is like. It doesn't cost a lot of money to talk to someone and get to know them. a GD won't have a lot to offer, and flunk lunch as a result. But if i'm trying to get laid, then i'm going to try to impress her clothes off...and then i'm making myself a ready victim for the GD who knows how to shake her ass and exploit that.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 51
Posted: 6/16/2017 3:34:59 PM

I stopped wearing makeup & nail polish 2 years ago and only buy an eyebrow pencil once every 6 months or so.
Natural beauty is wonderful and displays a real self confidence in a women, when she does feel the need to wear war paint and why should she? most men don't...Why did you stop wearing make? Is it because some companies, test those products on innocent animals?
 from site to sight
Msg: 52
Posted: 6/16/2017 7:06:56 PM

I wonder if you can get mortgages on Castles?
------------
Yes you can.

But what is the going rate to get white horses to transport you to the castle, or to have unicorns and fairies flying over head to accompany you?

I stopped wearing makeup & nail polish 2 years ago and only buy an eyebrow pencil once every 6 months or so.

But the big question is: Do you dye your hair? I know women who kept their hair dyed at all times from the site of the first perceived gray hair-usually in their 20's. They will take with them-the secret of their natural color- to the grave. No one will ever know. This is a bigger secret than the President's codes to launch nuclear missiles.
 NoxzemaWA
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/16/2017 9:22:40 PM

But the big question is: Do you dye your hair?

Yes, I have. I haven't dyed it in a year and one of the reasons why is because I don't want to pay that expense.

Laidback, I don't wear makeup anymore because I am more comfortable without all the artificial stuff. I embrace my natural hair texture, "casual" wardrobe and bare face (acne scars and all). Also, wearing no makeup saves money!
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2017 10:23:25 PM
scent of mortgage as opposed to renting a bachelor apartment.. oh yes I get that.....
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 55
Posted: 6/17/2017 6:07:46 PM

I don't wear makeup anymore because I am more comfortable without all the artificial stuff.

Have you got allergies to cosmetics? some get rashes, hives etc and can't even use soap. because of those allergies...my ex had that problem and her skin was so sensitive
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2017 8:07:27 PM
laidbackguy

I cant imagine any sane woman thinking that there is gold to be gotten on a site like this. lol!!! ....If you call a woman a gold digger because she may expect you to buy the coffee or a dinner then that is not an accurate term. Traditionally men have always paid for the favours of women and valued for what they can provide financially. Some women still expect that to be the case, even in this day and age. If you are going to dinner with a strange woman then you can let her know that the bill will be split in subtle terms such as "let us choose a venue that we can both afford"....... If she loses interest, and some will, just move on.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 57
Posted: 6/17/2017 8:13:56 PM
A gold digger...is all about money and yes on a dinner date you can confirm who a gold digger is....serial daters...want free meals and nothing more...it's not fiction...it's fact...that is gold digging, because they are using a man to get a free meal, but some will go much further and will continue to date a man, just so they can get hold of his money and spend it...so you can't dismiss the facts

This is not the 1920s...women have all the rights men have and many more...women have far more wealth, than they ever have had...women have far more confidence, than they have ever had and they still can't ask a man out? Are you kidding me, seriously in 2017? It goes back to the invisible rule, that men have to pay for date and ask the woman to go on a date...if a woman wants a man, then she needs to woman up and ask him...The double standards are beyond!!!

More people would be in relationships, if women asked men? Well you see in the press day in and day out, about women not wanting to be hit on, so why not hit on a man you like instead? it's harder for men to approach women these day's, because of fear of being called a creep etc and the so called rape culture, but women will never get that label, so why, oh, why, can't women, just ask a guy out? Women have no risk of being labelled, by asking a guy and it shows such a confidence, that a good guy, would be so flattered by, I would have so much, respect for a woman, who goes after what she wants and had no fear of rejection

Maria11418
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/17/2017 9:09:04 PM
^^^I did that (hitting on someone I liked) earlier this year, got me nowhere, I don't regret it. Still think about him. There was an article in a local Florida (or California?) magazine back in I think 1986 or 1987, which said that if women are starting to do the approaching, they should also be prepared for the rejection. Ain't that the truth. Rejection doesn't feel good to either men or women... hurts whether you cover it up with reacting inappropriately directly to the person or ranting online, or walk away with grace.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 59
Posted: 6/17/2017 9:15:17 PM
But women will never be labelled creeps, rapist etc and won't be given a bad reputation, just for approaching a man...yes they might get rejected, but the risk is not life changing, unlike it could be for a guy? The moment a woman name's a guy a creep and tells other women, is the moment the guy is destroyed and that is a billion time's worse, than just being rejected...the double standards exist and men are afraid of getting a bad reputation
 Maria11418
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/17/2017 11:01:38 PM
I'm not really following, do men's dates all know each other? Anyway, if a man labels me a whore or ****, I won't lose sleep over it. If guys share with each other that I'm a whore and **** and thence some won't date me, I don't think I'll lose sleep either. In order to be called an offender though (such as rapist), you need to be declared as such in court (mine went to jail for 8 years). Not all women are stupid and mean, I promise, and I hope not all men like to moan and complain as much as you. I'd get a headache in five minutes.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 61
Posted: 6/18/2017 2:41:35 AM

I'm not really following, do men's dates all know each other? Anyway, if a man labels me a whore or ****, I won't lose sleep over it. If guys share with each other that I'm a whore and **** and thence some won't date me, I don't think I'll lose sleep either. In order to be called an offender though (such as rapist), you need to be declared as such in court (mine went to jail for 8 years). Not all women are stupid and mean, I promise, and I hope not all men like to moan and complain as much as you. I'd get a headache in five minutes.

You know what I mean...friends of friends, facebook, the work place etc...It don't take long for the word to be spread...Women don't even need to explain, why they think that man is a creep...all they have to do is tell other women and the other women, will never even question her, as to why she thinks he's a creep....

Regarding rape A woman's word is powerful thing and nobody doubts it...facts or no facts...society accept they need no evidence....innocent guys get accused and put through hell and his life is ruined...without any evidence...just a woman's word...and by the time, they have found him innocent, it's too late...he's gone from this world...I just feel I need to, expose the double standards and get people to come out of the bubble, they are living in and wake up to the facts...like it or not, I speak the truth and can find plenty of info to back it up...if need be...the so called rape culture created by radical, man hating feminist to demonise all men, has made things sky rocket out of control and it's happening daily...as we speak...fake claim are being made about men being rapists

The only real subjects people have a passion for is politics and something they can't control...but they can control...the things I talk about and change them, if they woke up and decided to
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2017 6:28:00 AM
laidbackguy

if a woman wants to be a prostitute, in essence, with a guy, then he has to play his part in giving her the money. It takes two. I am sure that women do suggest a date often but may be not just you????. If a man waits until he gets so encouraging signals from a woman rather than just going up to some woman he fancies then he will suffer less rejection. I am sure that a woman would welcome the attentions of a guy she finds, at least initially, attractive. Sexual harassment is only that when she doesnt fancy the guy.... Guys need to learn the body language signals that women are very adept at.
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 63
Posted: 6/18/2017 1:13:40 PM

if a woman wants to be a prostitute, in essence, with a guy, then he has to play his part in giving her the money. It takes two. I am sure that women do suggest a date often but may be not just you????. If a man waits until he gets so encouraging signals from a woman rather than just going up to some woman he fancies then he will suffer less rejection. I am sure that a woman would welcome the attentions of a guy she finds, at least initially, attractive. Sexual harassment is only that when she doesnt fancy the guy.... Guys need to learn the body language signals that women are very adept at.

Prostitute? What are you talking about? I'm talking about dating...did you read my post?

Sometimes A guy might approach a woman and show interest in her and be labelled a creep, just because she's not interested in him and she might even tell other women, he is a creep...The moment a woman tells other women a guy is a creep, is the moment the guys reputation is destroyed...why not just say she's not interested and good luck with your search?...why the need to destroy an innocent man? Double standards exist and women never get labelled creeps, regardless of how creepy they might act, it just don't happen...Really sexual harassment, for just approaching a women he is interested in? That's what I'm talking about...women with your mindset!!! innocent men go to prison and kill themselves, because of women, like you falsely accusing them and labelling them creeps
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2017 9:37:04 PM

because it's a mutual meet and neither should be paying, for the others company....Go dutch(pay half the bill)...that way you don't feel cheated and she don't feel inferior...mutual respect, fairness and equality working hand in hand...

Thing is, gals who don't want to go 50/50 on every date aren't necessarily gold diggers. In fact, I would say most are not. I would say a majority are "bronze diggers", but still, not even "silver diggers". Bronze diggers are those who's not seeking a guy to present any big gifts, but want a guy to pay for all the dates out there -- and they don't have to be expensive ones. She's not really looking for a wealthy guy (although it most likely brings in more interest than she may believe) -- but she feels she's entitled to all outings and the like bought & paid for. Even IF she'll cook him a dinner IF/when dating in the not too distant future, once in a while. It's for them to be supported as The way, as the dating scene, even without going to expensive places, gets at least a little expensive.

I will say many bronze-diggers don't really realize the position they're in, tho. They're not like some classic gold-digger who thinks "I want a man to pay for everything while I sit back at the pool with expensive jewelry and the like and don't have to work." Many block out the imbalance and hide behind "tradition" of what maw & paw said -- along with many of their peers -- not really adding up what's really going on. Heck, many of us guys really don't add it up since we're so used to it (and it's not adding up pennies, believe me).

The bronze-digger isn't going to be a gal who believes that, while, not going out a whole lot while she also providing in many other ways that comes within ballpark range of things being roughly equal (he eats at her place as much as they go out + she'll get him a shirt or whatever every once in a while that she thinks would look good on him, etc). And one shouldn't assume a gal Is a digger of any type just because she wants/expects him to pay on a 1st date or so. It could be that she just thinks in the first 1-3 dates or so, he's to chase her, and then if the interest's still mutually there, they'd more or less do the "you got this one / i got next one". Even doing that where the ones the guy gets are on the more costly side in comparison, no, she's not a "digger" of any type -- and in fact, Should be the way under some circumstances of how they sit financially.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 65
view profile
History
The Go-Dutch initiators are the biggest operators on the dating stage.
Posted: 5/29/2018 4:39:52 AM

I know I have made a difference by exposing gold diggers and unpleasant types of women on this site...some might not like it, but the fact is I have got people thinking and waking up to double standards...

Gold digging on a free site
Right
May as well mine for diamonds in the radish patch
Bet Dutch people use the expression
" go POF"

For real.

when you go on a date with a woman it should be fun, interesting and maybe will lead to another date, but one thing you should not be doing, is opening your wallet wide and offering to pay for her , why you ask?

As so you don't embarrass yourself?

because it's a mutual meet and neither should be paying, for the others company....

Why would anybody SPEND their time on that? I would have a better time spending all of my money and time on amusing myself with gourmet meals cooked by my own hands, served to myself?Go dutch(pay half the bill)...that way you don't feel cheated

I guess the "each-pay-on-their-own" is thriftier than somebody spending some of your half of the expensive meal you ordered and she abstained from ordering to keep her costs low on this odyssey of selfishness.

and she don't feel inferior...mutual respect, fairness and equality working hand in hand..

It has fuq-all to do with equality. This is some broke little douchenozzle on the net trying to save a quick buck in hopes to get a $20 BJ.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2018 4:40:13 AM

I know I have made a difference by exposing gold diggers and unpleasant types of women on this site...some might not like it, but the fact is I have got people thinking and waking up to double standards...

Right
" go POF"

For real.

when you go on a date with a woman it should be fun, interesting and maybe will lead to another date, but one thing you should not be doing, is opening your wallet wide and offering to pay for her , why you ask?

because it's a mutual meet and neither should be paying, for the others company....

Why would anybody SPEND their time on that? I would have a better time spending all of my money and time on amusing myself with gourmet meals cooked by my own hands, served to myself?Go dutch(pay half the bill)...that way you don't feel cheated

I guess the "each-pay-on-their-own" is thriftier than somebody spending some of your half of the expensive meal you ordered and she abstained from ordering to keep her costs low on this odyssey of selfishness.

and she don't feel inferior...mutual respect, fairness and equality working hand in hand..

It has fuq-all to do with equality. This is some broke little douchenozzle on the net trying to save a quick buck in hopes to get a $20 BJ.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2018 4:41:01 AM

Right
" go POF"

For real.

It has fuq-all to do with equality. This is some broke little douchenozzle on the net trying to save a quick buck in hopes to score a free BJ.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2018 4:41:43 AM

Right
" go POF"

For real.

It has fuq-all to do with equality. This is some broke little douchenozzle on the net trying to save a quick buck in hopes to score a free BJ.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/29/2018 5:00:11 AM

And this makes sense to you? How?
 BLONDE_ANGEL_1
Msg: 70
DUTCH HAND JOBS LOL
Posted: 5/29/2018 6:07:02 AM
If a person finds another person's posts that offensive, why not IGNORE THEM or leave the site?

*NO DUTCHMEN OR CHEAPSKATE WAS HURT IN MAKING THIS POST*
 Whisky_River
Msg: 71
DUTCH HAND JOBS LOL
Posted: 5/29/2018 7:47:44 AM
I can't figure out who's whining more on here....
The supposed cheapskates or the gold diggers...too funny!
Have we dug up every old thread yet on this subject?

To keep repeating a silly theory is not going to help your dating any.
If a woman is so stuck on not paying their own way...go to "SugarDaddies.com"....where the men know what you want and supposedly are prepared to pay for it.
Takes all the guessing and b1tching out.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 72
DUTCH HAND JOBS LOL
Posted: 5/29/2018 9:14:20 AM
I wonder why flowersinthelake decided to resurrect this dead thread.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Gold Diggers, or someone of that ilk