Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Workout Routines for Real People      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 x EYC x
Msg: 30
Workout Routines for Real PeoplePage 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I've honestly read a LOT more research saying that juiced is doing it right. I know bodybuilders that compete (and win) that don't train the way your saying squelch. I'm not saying you're not on to something but most bodybuilders are going to tell you that it's too much. Sure, some people do lift 3 on 1 off but that doesn't mean they're hitting every bodypart 2-3 times a week.
Honestly, i feel like that if you can lift 2-3 times a week for each body part then you must not be working very hard. Christ, at minimum i'm sore for 4 days after I do my leg workouts. I don't think it would be a good idea to hit legs again when they're still sore as hell from the last workout.
I'm not trying to start a big debate by any means btw. I'm simply saying with how hard I train it would be impossible to work out the way you say plus ridiculous with my time schedule. I'd be lifting while still sore half the time.
 zarathustra00
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Workout Routines for Real People
Posted: 11/10/2009 12:32:45 PM

If it's working for you then good for you, go for it, just be aware that there are things working very well for other people, and be aware of the reasons why those things are working.

Well said SquelchMASTER.
Bill Starr's 5x5 for example hits each major bodypart 3x per week.
I'm also an advocate of higher frequency. I find better strength and hypertrophy gains when hitting bodyparts at least twice per week. And at 40 years old still making gains without 'supplementing' my test levels. To each their own.
 x EYC x
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/10/2009 5:47:26 PM
Plenty of studies have shown frequencies of two or three times a week to be optimal.

Does your quote translate for you?

Or did you already forget saying this? No need to be an A hole. I'm trying to make sense out of what you're saying but it's difficult when one msg contradicts the other and you have difficulty conversating with others that look at things differently than you. There is no one right answer.
 physostegia
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/10/2009 6:05:46 PM
3 days on, one day off then a repeat of the cycle works well for me. Muscle grouping, proper nutrition, and sleep are also major factors that are incorporated.

For most people, instead of going gung ho on exercises, try establishing a nutritional lifestyle that your body can work with for a positive outcome. Once that ground work is laid out, then hit the exercises.

What may the best for some, wont be the best for others. Each body is going to respond differently due to the inherent variables that one faces in their lives. Genetics are also another factor.
 x EYC x
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/10/2009 8:43:18 PM
Yes, diet is always the first thing I try to help people with since it is more important than anything else.
 x EYC x
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/11/2009 10:45:50 AM
I wasn't questioning your studies at all bro. You made a prickish response to a comment I made that came straight from something you said earlier. So I thought I'd quote it the next time to show you there was no reason to be a prick since I was taking information that you previously mentioned.

I agree that the OP should post what his diet is like and let everyone pick away at it a bit. That will make more of an impact on his build than the workout plan anyways.
 physostegia
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/11/2009 11:45:15 AM
Squelchmeister, that was a funny comment about the orca whale. ... lol. I think that most in this forum have contributed some good pieces of info.

H2O mentioned some great exercises and can often be brutal. Throw in some burpee variations after some aggressive bleacher steps, then if your are still standing, throw in a few sets of pistol squats. Pain. Find a steep hill..run sprints up the hill and jog down it and repeat for 20 minutes. Chop a few cords of wood with an axe....lol..use a dull axe for more of a workout. The list goes on....

I'd have to agree that weights(anaerobic exercise) will produce quicker and more noticeable gains in muscle mass...provided that nutrition and sleep are adequate. Free weight exercises will cause more trauma to the muscle than what aerobic activity will do. In return, the muscles will respond more significantly to growth.

If it were me, Id combine both anaerobic and aerobic exercises to one's workout schedule.
 x EYC x
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/11/2009 9:37:32 PM
I think juiced is right ^^

I don't care either, I just pointed it out. I don't have time to take that stuff personal.

I'm going to go renovate my house to get a solid workout in now.
 zarathustra00
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2009 2:10:57 PM
It really comes down to consistency.
Being consistent on a poorly planned program will still reap you more benefits than being inconsistent on a great program. Mind you I said 'poorly planned' not downright retarded. ;)
 ninjaeleven
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2009 11:10:14 PM
Seems you are leaving a lot of things out. How about working from largest muscle to smallest.
chest - bench & incline
back - pulldowns
shoulders - seated press & side raises. NO SHRUGS, large traps are gross and sloope your shoulders.
arm - bicep & tricep
legs - squat, extensions, curls)hamstrings)

lot for 1 day, and I suggest 12 to 15 reps, good form. 2 or 3 sets is enough.
 ninjaeleven
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2009 11:11:03 PM
calf exercise too and a few abs as well, too much in 1 day!!
 dragonbytes
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/26/2015 9:45:23 AM
My new fitness routine. I used to do weights and cardio on seperate days.

I do weights first, ab crunch machine, ab twist machine, curls, triceps, pec deck, pectoral push machine, seated shoulder press, back training with weights, lat pulldowns, seated pullovers, seated dip I sometimes throw in free weights curls, squats, deadlifts. I tend to mix it up. Whatever I do, I end up with seated leg presses.

My goal is to increase strength, but also to get my pulse rate from 70bpm >115-120. When it gets that high, which takes doing leg presses, I switch to a cardio treadmill. On the treadmill, I want my pulse rate to stay above 130, and have at least 10 minutes above 145-155 for a higher intensity

I have been setting the treadmill at a 3 degree slope and 3.7 mph to maintain over 130 bpm, I need to run for a couple of minutes to get my heart rate up to 145. After that with a fast enough walking speed, my heart rate has stayed above 140. It it doesn't, I run some more to get the full 10 min. I do the whole thing for at least 20 minutes up to 60 minutes.

What I changed it doing both weights then cardio on the same day one after the other, and only watching my heart rate on cardio. Wanting my heart rate to stay above 130 BPM, with at least 10 minutes above 145. Whatever it takes to achieve those standards, as I may need to increase the treadmill to keep my heart-rate high enough.

I was using this heart rate calculator, and wanting to do at least 10 min in the Lactate Threshold Zone.

http://runnersconnect.net/training/tools/heart-rate-calculator/

(If I have time and the weather is OK, later in the day I bike outside for an hour at 12 mph on a hilly bike path.)

I don't always do this every day, some days I don't do a lot, it just works out that way. Maybe I miss two days a week.

My theory is the 10 mins in the Lactate Threshold Zone will boost my human growth hormone the most, while the 20-40 min in the Aerobic Training Zone will be good for general cardiovascular health/conditioning. The biking I just do for fun.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Workout Routines for Real People