Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mr.Versatility
Msg: 288
IS IT TRUE THAT A WOMAN SHOULDN’T PURSUE A MAN?Page 6 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
Women want equal rights, women want to run for presidency, women want to run the show.. Than why Shouldnt women pursue men..

Men can live without women whether women believe it or not, and I know women think they can live without men, and maybe very few can, but I think women need men alot more than men need women..... So Women should definately also be pursuing men just as well..

Imo I feel as though society makes it seem as though women are the only desirable gender they make it seem as though women have the power to chose more than the man, and as though women are the ones of value.... Its like men are nothing these days.... I just dont agree
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 290
IS IT TRUE THAT A WOMAN SHOULDN’T PURSUE A MAN?
Posted: 12/16/2009 9:18:20 AM
True, but if only 20% would be interested, it's not worth it to me.

To each their own. Personally, the 20% of the guys I'm picking smoke the 80% of "filler" men who pick me (and I'm just not into) anyday, so my decision is pretty clear.

Women want equal rights, women want to run for presidency, women want to run the show.. Than why Shouldnt women pursue men..

Beats me, I bet we're better at it.

Men can live without women whether women believe it or not, and I know women think they can live without men, and maybe very few can, but I think women need men alot more than men need women..... So Women should definately also be pursuing men just as well..

I think the men who can live without women should do that. Personally IMO it's the opposite, which is why women tend to sit back and be more choosy. They can stand to be single while they wait for what they want.

Imo I feel as though society makes it seem as though women are the only desirable gender they make it seem as though women have the power to chose more than the man, and as though women are the ones of value.... Its like men are nothing these days.... I just dont agree.

You better get a meeting set up at the clubhouse - your gender is the one that sets the dynamic for women to have the power they do. When you all can agree to take even a week off, things might change. Don't believe me? Get all men to do it...if you can't it's because there will always be men who defect, compete, or just plain can't do it. How's that about us?
 Mr.Versatility
Msg: 292
Posted: 12/16/2009 9:56:54 AM

I think the men who can live without women should do that. Personally IMO it's the opposite, which is why women tend to sit back and be more choosy. They can stand to be single while they wait for what they want.

I really didnt want to say this... The biggest reason us men have a problem being without a woman isnt because of how smart she is, or how funny she is, its simply in most cases because of what her body can do to stimulate our bodies....lol

Sorry but someone has to set you self rightous women straight, before you get off thinking you're on top of the world.. Just remember if you didnt have Tits, an Ass, or a **** You would be lonely creatures.......lol
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 294
Posted: 12/16/2009 10:19:20 AM
I really didnt want to say this... The biggest reason us men have a problem being without a woman isnt because of how smart she is, or how funny she is, its simply in most cases because of what her body can do to stimulate our bodies....lol

I wish that were a newsflash - I've known that for at least 30 years. Of course that's what it is, but you still don't NEED it, nor do women. I don't care what the reason is, the dynamic is still what it is. Someone sold all men a bill of goods that they've gotta get laid - it's BS.

Sorry but someone has to set you self rightous women straight, before you get off thinking you're on top of the world.. Just remember if you didnt have Tits, an Ass, or a **** You would be lonely creatures.......lol

My original point was, no - we wouldn't. Sure, men are nice and all - but not life or death requirements. We'd hit the toy stores (wait, some of us already do that), call our friends and go do something besides have sex (wait, a lot of us already do that too), we'd work more hours, spend more downtime enjoying our space, and...heck. I can't say we don't do that already either.

I got nothin'.
 Mr.Versatility
Msg: 295
Posted: 12/16/2009 10:29:21 AM
women in progress we could go on for days here bickering back and forth who needs who more.... You're just as stubborn as I am, so I dont think anyone can win here........

But seriously, set aside from anything sexual look at it like this..

Vehicle problems
House problems
Any mechanical problems
helping you feel safe at night
trash
yardwork...

The list could go on and on, And Before anyone jumps to conclusions, I know there are some very talented women out there who can do all of these things on her own, but not very many...

Now what cant a man do that women can?
and I mean things that matter
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 297
Posted: 12/16/2009 10:36:36 AM

women in progress we could go on for days here bickering back and forth who needs who more.... You're just as stubborn as I am, so I dont think anyone can win here........

The argument was over two posts ago. NEITHER gender needs the other. I have said I think men THINK they do, but I know they don't. I'd like to see MEN get this and stop chasing women around if they hate it so much. Know what they say?

"We don't have a choice." - BS, of course you do.

But seriously, set aside from anything sexual look at it like this..

Vehicle problems
House problems
Any mechanical problems
helping you feel safe at night
trash
yardwork...

The list could go on and on, And Before anyone jumps to conclusions, I know there are some very talented women out there who can do all of these things on her own, but not very many...

Think again, I know and have done all those things - and don't forget there are people you can pay to do most of it anyway.

Now what cant a man do that women can?
and I mean things that matter

Generally? Give birth - but no one cares about that in this discussion - so scratch it. The bottom lines is we should ALL be able to do ALL things for ourselves. It's no one's job to have to do anything for you - if someone wants to, great but you should be able to do it regardless.
 Mr.Versatility
Msg: 299
Posted: 12/16/2009 10:44:54 AM

Think again, I know and have done all those things - and don't forget there are people you can pay to do most of it anyway

Ladies Ladies Let me ask you a question.

The mechanic you speak of the plumber you speak of, Would they just so happen to be males? I mean DUH!!!!!!!!! you just hung yourself... I said set aside from anything sexual...

So there you have it! I couldnt have asked for a better answer and from not 1 but from 2 women....lol Thank you for making this an easy Victory!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 301
Posted: 12/16/2009 11:08:41 AM
Men may THINK they need sex - but I guarantee that without it they won't die. Yes - I mean need as in survive. If there's a man out there that's gone without sex a long time (which I doubt), he'd realize he was still breathing after a few months. I don't think I have seen any medical evidence that lack of sex kills men (though I wouldn't put it past the **stards to cover it up - or more effective, use it to get women to participate).

And even if THAT were true, women aren't NEEDED to accomplish. Fleshlight anyone? Mary Palm? Don't give me that touchy feely "but a woman is better" crap. If the result is achieved, then progress was made.

The mechanic you speak of the plumber you speak of, Would they just so happen to be males? I mean DUH!!!!!!!!! you just hung yourself... I said set aside from anything sexual...

If I'm not dating the person who shows up, who cares what gender the person is as long as they do the job for the price. And AGAIN, not all mechanics OR plumbers are male anyway. Where do you live?

So there you have it! I couldnt have asked for a better answer and from not 1 but from 2 women....lol Thank you for making this an easy Victory!

You could have not signed on today and been just as victorious - but since I am in a charitable mood for the holidays and all - I'll STILL give it to ya.
 startle
Msg: 305
Posted: 12/16/2009 11:44:18 AM
there is not reason to chase a man....he will respond if he thinks you are hot...but why are you wasting your time if you have men emailing you...those are the ones who for sure want you...and to email a man over and over who is not showing interest is insanity....women have many options...if they don't they need to figure out the problem and fix it....running after men is a sign you need to work on yourself because you shouldn't have to....
 Ron429
Msg: 306
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2009 11:55:02 AM
Yeah right on. If she's an ugly, refugee from a hog farm. No. But nice and hot Yesssss man
 mysticaries
Msg: 307
Posted: 12/16/2009 11:59:01 AM
Imo I feel as though society makes it seem as though women are the only desirable gender they make it seem as though women have the power to chose more than the man, and as though women are the ones of value....

In almost every species, it is the female that SELECTS and the males that compete. It's called sexual selection. It's not 'society' unless you think that cardinals and peacocks are influenced by our social mores.

By your assertion that women DON'T pursue, you disprove your own hypothesis that women need men more than men need women.

If you don't like pursuing, why don't you just NOT pursue, rather than wishing that OTHERS would change to suit your preferences?
 SwimminWithTheFishies
Msg: 310
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2009 1:59:03 PM
I don't care so much for the challenge. If a woman shows me no interest in the first few contacts, I move on.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 315
Posted: 12/16/2009 8:22:35 PM

WOMAN IN PROGRESS :

That would be me.

PEOPLE may THINK they need FREEDOM - but I guarantee that without it they won't die.

I agree - but people who LIKE freedom will enjoy it when it's experienced. What's your point?

Yes - I mean need as in survive.

So do I, so I hear ya.

If there's a PERSON out there that's gone without FREEDOM for a long time ( ever hear of being in JAIL, for example ), they'd realize they were still breathing after a few months. I don't think I have seen any medical evidence that lack of FREEDOM kills PEOPLE.

I agree with that too - were you trying to get me to disagree by changing words?

Just because going without something one considers vital to one's existence won't kill you doesn't mean it isn't needed.

I don't do Maslow. If it ain't air, water, shelter or food and BASIC human contact (not specific to an SO), it's not a need.

What do you know, someone always brings up Maslow. How did I know?

So while love may not be a survival need, it is an affiliative need.

Love does not specifically point to romance. Nowhere in that list does he say people NEED to date or get laid - that was geared towards human relationships generally. Therefore, not having a date or a piece of ass will NOT cause you to lose life or have a lesser quality of life. If you think it does, it's in your head. Blame yourself.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 317
Posted: 12/16/2009 8:51:51 PM
^^^Ask the guy who stated earlier that women need men more than men need women (but supposedly we won't admit it) so women should be pursing men...he'll be able to tell ya. That's where it all went awry.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 322
Posted: 12/17/2009 7:13:43 AM
A woman that chases a man looks pathetic and desperate. If a man is going to be so completey passive that he can't even communicate interest perhaps it's time for him to hire a Dominatrix.
There is a masculine quality about who isn't afraid to go after what he wants. I want the man I'm with to be the one wearing the pants. If I do the pursuing, I am setting up the relationship dynamic to be the opposite.
 gentleplus
Msg: 325
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2009 7:33:07 AM
Its all about balance between assertiveness and aggression..... intelligent assertiveness and goal focused is attractive in both genders..... aggression without reciprocal interest is often interpreted as unwanted attention.... its all a delicate dance among the genders..... two steps forward one step back.... side to side .... twirl around..... we are sooo afraid of rejection as men because gender roles have become soooo blurry... but hey get used to it and adapt or just stay alone I say!!!!
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 326
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2009 8:45:20 AM
Pursuing a man can be dangerous, especially if you are wearing heels. You may trip and fall. However, if the man likes you, he will run very, veeerrry slowly.
 ChefdeFlambe
Msg: 329
Posted: 12/17/2009 10:33:59 AM
I like to be pursued by a woman, It shows me she feels confident in herself and knows how to go after what she wants in life and love.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 333
Posted: 12/17/2009 11:33:39 AM
Again, I don't agree with the word "pursue" or "chase" as those words indicate you have no clue of mutual interest, and someone is eluding you. If you have to do that, you have a semi-interested, not interested, or game playing person on your hands.

Showing interest and waiting for someone to respond favorably is more what I like whether it's me or someone else. I will let someone know I dig them, and allow them to make the next move or move on. I appreciate men who do the same for me - and allow me to decide whether or not I want to do something about it.

That means for both sides that a person may not care if you're interested - so you need a thick skin, but that's what dating is about. If you can't handle that you should skip dating and find something that coddles you a bit more. Success is in what you do, not what comes of it.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 334
Posted: 12/17/2009 3:27:12 PM
It seems the same men who are flattered that a woman pursues them are then complaining a ways down the road that the woman is constantly demanding of their attention, calls them and texts them 8 times a day, or "she's too into me". Sure it is an ego boost until you realize she wants a man she can control and manipulate and she won't give you "space". I'm telling you guys, be careful what you wish for!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 340
Posted: 12/17/2009 9:59:54 PM

WIP ...chuckle

say it ain't so...you sit back and wait???when you dig someone???

Gawd...my image of the self-reliant, independent woman is now tarnished!!!

Yes, in my independence I hate when men who are showing me interest don't let me breathe, so I make sure the men I am interested in have the space to make up their minds about it.

It means that if they aren't into me, I can hack it - that is independence; the knowledge that I will live if someone isn't mutually interested, and the desire to stay single unless I find exactly that. I could try to avoid the outcome by steamrolling a guy and not caring what he wants, but I just can't bother with a guy who doesn't actually have interest.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 346
Posted: 1/1/2010 9:48:44 AM

I dunno. I have a penchant for mutual pursuit. Seems to be the only way you can be certain he/she IS that into you. JMO
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >