Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > He lied about his age...only by two years....should i be concerned?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 VivaciousVixen2010
Msg: 101
He lied about his age...only by two years....should i be concerned?Page 5 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
i love it
we just started dating but
"He lied. Should I trust him?"
But...........he only lied a little................
But it is only a little lie...........
What harm is "a little white lie?"
Do you want to base your "wanna be relationship" on this?
a house built on a foundation of sand
who needs stone, eh?
 whytwater
Msg: 102
He lied about his age...only by two years....should i be concerned?
Posted: 1/28/2010 7:19:32 AM
^^^^ It was by way of response to the jump-off (whole) point of this thread, imho. If he/she lies about age, what else are they gonna lie about(?).
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 103
Posted: 1/28/2010 12:34:44 PM
A lie is a lie is a lie!

Why would you START a relationship out on a LIE?

So he only lied about two years
So he only lied about the two arrests
So he only lied about the two years in prison
So he only lied about the two people he murdered

Yeah, only lying about two of anything is okay!
 iherdcats
Msg: 104
Posted: 1/28/2010 2:09:17 PM
I think it is safer to just give an age range... I have been 45 and soon I will be 50. I count up by 5's. Keeps it easier for me since the age thing keeps changing yearly.
The part that remains the same is the year of birth, so I let others do the math.

I think that I might be more concerned with his statement the women in their 40's and 50's have baggage.
I do not think that is gender based nor only applicable to age. Very agist remark. One day he too will be considered in his 40's and 50's.
Then again a lie is a lie, where you find one, you will likely find another.
 luckyhot777s
Msg: 105
Posted: 1/28/2010 3:45:01 PM
My age and particulars are correct here....the other site...50 meant...no action....I fudged my age on my profile...when I talked to women, I would tell my real age...later, I just changed it to my correct age, by that time people knew me, and I felt bad about it...

I was just out of a divorse, and screwed up ...but seriously 50 was a milestone there, if they didn't know you...you saw no one over fifty everywhere....

So sue me.
 wikki tikki
Msg: 106
Posted: 1/28/2010 4:17:22 PM
humm what else is he not telling you but "waiting for you to discover"

other womens underwear in his glove compartment
the lipstick smudge on his collar
his 14 kids with a previous relationship that he is a deadbeat dad to?
the fact that hes got a gf on the side that doesnt care if he dates other women?
etc
 tiffdwhitt
Msg: 107
Posted: 1/28/2010 4:56:53 PM
Like somebody had said before me , the red flag goes up but ignore it for now.
I get what he's saying somewhat , but still , who knows if he lied about anything else? Just keep your eyes open right now is all.
 Frybreadpower
Msg: 108
Posted: 1/28/2010 8:11:24 PM
I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you. Nobodies perfect, and it is publicly acceptable in American culture (and probably elsewhere) for people to lie about their age. Young people want to be older, and old people want to be younger. I think it's silly to lie about your age, but it's harmless, too.
 Thunderstruck29
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2010 6:25:57 AM
>>>>Because younger women choose an age limit of the men they want to date. So men who want to date younger women don't fall in their selected age range. Solution? Lie.>>>>

Not in my experience.
Recently I have dated a lot of women in their 20s and 30s who don't seem to care I am in my 40s.

On the other hand, when I dated women in their 40s they complained non-stop about my grey beard and balding pate.

Most younger women don't care what you look like so long as you are nice to them and pay them respect.

Yeah, there are some young women who are shallow and choose guys based on looks, age, etc... but 20 years from now they will be single and looking and hateful and disrespectful of men, so you are better off avoiding them now.

I think some men just have a problem with getting older. I did for awhile. But I got hurt at a rodeo and realized that I was past my prime, but that life was not over. Its called personal growth.

But its my personal experience that pretty much everybody over 29 lies about their age and women tend to be worse about it than men.
Like the 50 year old who ditched me and stood me up last Friday.
When she walked in the door I saw that dyed hair fifty feet away and looked at the lines around her upper and lower lip and realized she either subtracted ten years from her age, or she smoked five CARTONS of cigarettes a day.
 SBM4U2
Msg: 110
Posted: 1/29/2010 12:28:14 PM
Honestly, how many women tell the truth about their age? - lol. I could see if it were 10 years, but two years? He probably was no more anxious about saying he was 40 than the next person. When I meet people they think I'm in my early 30s. When I meet women who aren't expecting it they look like they go into shock when I tell them my age. Sometimes they run off - lol. For real
 whytwater
Msg: 111
Posted: 1/29/2010 2:40:36 PM
^^^^^ Seems like you've been throwing alot of stones here. Are you really that upfront and honest?
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2010 5:22:36 PM
Age does not matter to me. It is the complete package of the man. He must have what I am seeking as stated in my profile. The only time I was angry about a guy who lied about his age was because the birthdate he gave me for astrology seem to be possiblity compatible . When we met, we were not in anyway compatible. I found out his real birthday and I realize why we were not compatible. I rather he gave me his real birthdate. I did not care whether he was older or younger. I care about the astrology truth.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 113
Posted: 1/29/2010 5:32:39 PM
I think maybe I'll present myself as oh....IDK maybe a 26 year old in public. I think I could pass for that. All the cool kids R doin it.
 mysteriosa
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2010 7:34:27 PM
Well, it's up to you but it would bother me. I think it's assumed (probably correctly) that people are unimaginative in their searches and mail settings and set them by decades. So, if you are just over a decade (like I am) then anyone a couple of years younger would filter you out. I can see why he has done this but it would bother me that he had. If someone seeks to gain an advantage by lying about their age, what else would they lie about if it suited them? There is just something rather childish about pretending to be younger than you are so that you can date younger. I don't think that saying lots of people lie about their age justifies anything. It doesn't necesssarily mean he's a terrible man but it would make me think twice about trusting him. He obviously thinks his peers are not up to much.
 Pirate Mollie
Msg: 115
Posted: 1/29/2010 7:47:21 PM
i don't think you should be so hard on him. i lie about my age all of the time. i mean really, like when i was younger i wanted to look older but now that i am older like 17 or somthin. i even fuking where pink. i fukin hate pink. i liked it when i was 12 and then i liked it when i was 20 because i wanted to revisit my childhood or something because it was it was so fuking awesome. i went through this phase where all i wanted to where was black. i was like in morning for my lost childhood or something. what was i talking about again?
 Thunderstruck29
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2010 7:14:58 AM
Most of the guys I know who try internet dating and are serious about it tend to be honest about their age.
The guys I know who lie about their age tend to be married dudes or dudes in relationships who are not serious about dating and just like to flirt on line for whatever thrill it gives them. Most of them have no intention of even meeting anybody and when one guy I know who does just that got an instant message from a chick in another state saying she was coming through here and wanted to meet him, he flipped out and panicked.
I honestly don't understand that, but given the number of emails I have sent on this site alone, most of which were not even read and only a few of which were answered and my experiences on other internet dating sites, I would geuss that a LOT of women do the exact same thing.
I guess it never dawns on these people they are wasting other people's time who are seriously seeking love, fun or romance. Maybe somebody needs to invent an online flirting web site for men and women who have no intention of even meeting or hooking up to fullfill their sad fantasies...
 grizzelda
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2010 7:27:19 AM
Maybe he was using his Wii age....
 hamster-dance
Msg: 118
Posted: 2/2/2010 8:36:38 AM
I recently dated a guy who was 44 but his profile said 42. I thought it was funny, but barely a blip on my radar. Why lie about that? Then again he had had the account for 3 or 4 years and just hid the profile when in a relationship, so maybe that explains it. He didn't want to face forty. I wound up breaking it off for other reasons. People are funny about that. Shaving 2 years off your age is not too uncommon. It doesn't automatically make you a con artist. I've always been honest about my age, but I'm also (in my mind) young.

My best friend has lied about his age as long as I've known him. Initially it was 6 years, and now it's 12. He's actually forty, and I find it a bit ridiculous he is now "3 years younger" than me. It's not believable at all. He does look younger, but not that much. He could pass for early thirties at most. I've told him he doesn't need to lie, and he's probably hurting his chances by doing so. He's probably the most loyal, caring guy I've ever known, and I think he'd be an awesome boyfriend. (We've never had anything but a platonic relationship. He's like family to me.) If there's a girl I know he's interested in at a party or something I'll totally talk him up. He's not a dishonest person, so I don't get why he does this. I just accept that about him. Maybe he's been doing it so long that he believes it on some level.
 hamster-dance
Msg: 119
Posted: 2/2/2010 8:43:21 AM

That was the extreme example...for the most part found that I could mentally take about 2 inches off a guy's "profile height" before I met him, and be fairly accurate.

I do this too, and am surprised when occasionally he's a bit taller. Seems like nearly every other guy I've met online has added 1-2" I don't even think of it as a big deal.
 hamster-dance
Msg: 120
Posted: 2/2/2010 8:50:59 AM

As for the weight, guys, insist on a full body shots. If a woman posts only head shots she is likely quite obese.

Guys do this too. If there are nothing but head shots I just assume he will be heavy. I really don't care, but it's been my experience almost every time. They are usually pretty honest about it when listing their body type though. I went out with one guy a few times and it didn't work out but we stayed friends. I told him his pictures were awful and I was relieved when I met him, and also that he should have pics that showed at least his upper body because I was expecting someone much larger. I took some new pics for him that look much better.

I went out with a guy recently who only had head shots. His entire body was cropped out. Was very surprised to meet him and see that he was a completely average weight. He'd selected "a few pounds extra." I tend to err on the side of fatter when selecting body type as well, but I also put in full body shots with the date they were taken. Even so guys have often told me I was much smaller than they expected.
 hamster-dance
Msg: 121
Posted: 2/2/2010 9:46:55 AM

If you say you are a blonde then that should mean what your natural hair color is, not what it is presently dyed to be. How many women on POF would fail that simple question?

Ok, that's kind of silly. Why one earth would anyone even care what your natural hair color is? If it's that important to you then ask.
 bobburris
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2010 11:27:17 AM
aman sis-watch him, hes about ready to lie again when the mood strikes
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 123
Posted: 2/2/2010 11:53:17 AM
Gee so happens the last person who lied about age let slowly come out many other things and a woman he was involved with found out some other things later.

Of course women do this to..so beware all...

RUN.................for your life from a liar

He ..........

Also had/has a hair weave

His self employment stature was/is a job to work on doors every few weeks under the table

Lived in a shack he didn't own

Was in jail a couple of times or more

Is 5'5" instead of 5'8"

Was in and out of mental institutions

An alcoholic and wants a drink every day of his life though not drinking..???

Takes bi polar anti depressants but lets them run out and gets ballistic

Is over 55 yet addicted to putting himself on you tube, facebook and my space crap

Quotes all his forum posts from self help books to impress his "peeps' all of who are women.

No male friends

Has tried to live with/off several women on dating sites then turns around and says he dumps them

Owes more child support than I make in 2 years

I heard he also had a web site of women he had been with..this I have not seen..the rest I know to be fact.

Dumped a few kids and wives..cheated

So think that over before you let a liar about something as "simple as age" in your life

Theres more but isn't that enough?????
 DiannaBall
Msg: 124
Posted: 2/2/2010 12:02:23 PM
OMG PEPPERMINTS ~ are you serious? (said in my ever so sarcastic tone.) lmfao yeah...hair weaves. Those are HAWT. Height ~ I have met a few too..."5'11 really meant 5''5" ~ it was the chair they were standing on, right? Mental institutions...priceless. My favorites is the men on YouTube....I mean, "I gotta find a me a chick." Yeah, that is HAWT. Listen people ; a lie is a lie. If people start with small ones, you know they will lie about anything.
 majyk1
Msg: 125
Posted: 2/2/2010 5:06:01 PM
OP
If two years isnt that big of a deal then why the lie?
Second of all it was a LIE, plain and simple..... If your going to accept one, be prepared to accept them all!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > He lied about his age...only by two years....should i be concerned?