Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Msg: 152
Whats it like being single over 30?Page 4 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

I am going to be sarcastic here because it's all i've got.
I LOVE comming home to an empty apartment where noone is home other than my stuffed platypus my 5 year old cousin gave me. I ADORE having noone to talk to because all my friends are either married with children or live in other states with wierd time zones. I LOVE going to work and hearing about everyones children and how adorable they are. I can't wait to hear my mother complain about how I do not have a relationship and how she will die without being a grandmother. Family dinners are a blast when all my relatives are their with their S/O and i show up half asleep and stag after just getting home from work for a quick bite to eat and to let everyone know that "ol cosmo" is still alive. and last but not least I REALLY dig not getting any phone calls for weeks on end and my battery dies from just not being on the charger because i want to keep it close to me in case someone does call. that to me is being 34 and single.

You get to go to family dinners? you lucky **stard.

Wait till you get to be in your 50's and single. Might as well be dead.
 CharminC
Msg: 153
Whats it like being single over 30?
Posted: 3/23/2013 11:14:24 AM
I truly love it. There's independence and freedom.
Mind you in my lifetime I've had three serious relationships, the last producing kids; a marriage, engagement and common-in-law therefore I feel like I've done it all. I've experienced all the emotions, the roller coaster and stages of life such as birth, death, separation, desperation, anger, fear,loneliness and happiness.

At this time I feel like an old crone and I don't mind that because after all I've been through, I've earned it.
I'm single going on 9 years so I've had plenty of time to reflect and this peace I feel within the last few years is the best I've ever felt. Even when times are hard, I still wouldn't change a thing. Even when I meet someone and it doesn't work out, I still wouldn't change a thing.
That is the difference.. My mental state is much different as a single person over 30 as opposed to under 30. I'm making choices now with a full knowledge of exactly who I am so I believe in those choices hence the peace.
Sure sometimes I wonder, if only I knew then what I know now but it begets a woe is me behavior and I do NOT wish to go there. Been there done that. (Told you I've been through everything lol.)

The only downfall I admit is the mindfuk of aging while single. For instance I went years of not meeting anyone at all after a relationship with a younger man. My first date after this long period was with someone 2 years older than me. Looking at him made me face the age I am. I literally thought "when the hell did this happen?!". Life was such a blur I didn't see it. Shortly after the greys starting showing. It was like a splash of cold water. Luckily for me, with the mindset I have now I was able to laugh and say "bring it on!"
Still though, it is quite the mindfuk, it can do a nasty job creating doubt, fear and damaging esteem. It brings up questions. But questions are good... they help you grow as a person. I'm all for it.
 rocking ritschel
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2013 2:44:07 PM
Oh its been great and alot of fun,saw alot of people Get married and divorced and that doesnt look like any fun at all.Its funny how so many people I know who are married that all they do is **** and Im like be glad your not lonley and have someone to go home to wether it be a wife or kids.Everyone is never happy like the saying goes the grass is always greener on the other side till you get there.
 SillyAdventurer
Msg: 155
Posted: 3/23/2013 9:48:30 PM
AlieaKova: I'm not single. I'm just relationship challenged. That was way tooooo funny!
 JenSnider
Msg: 156
Posted: 3/23/2013 9:58:50 PM
The "fun" thing about being 30 and single is the advice I get from my married friends.

-Don't be in a rush to get married.
-I wish I had waited to get married
-You're lucky you're not married now
-Marriage isn't a big deal
-It's actually better to get married when you're older
-You don't want to tie yourself down too young to one guy

And of course, all of the people that tell me these things have been married since their early 20s, and have very happy and successful marriages. Drives me crazy.
 rocking ritschel
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2013 1:01:07 PM
I agree 151 Im only 38 and I dont have too much family left ,in 10 years Im gonna really be a bastid orphan.Its like Im in panic mode all the time to make more friends or something.
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 162
Posted: 3/24/2013 8:46:52 PM
Wow I'm really supries in how everyone on here is happy with being single. How do I get to that place? I have dream job drem car ( ok not dream but dam nice one) dream dog n most awesome n understanding best friend. But why I'm still not happy? Maybe bc I lost most of friends b as they got married n had kids we don't have nothing I. Common no more maybe bc since my fiancé left 3 yrs ago I m nothing bu missable. Maybe bc I try relly hard to find someone n all I run is daed ends or dudes that want only one thing. When I was in my twenties I never was single for more than a yr was in 3 LTR 2.5 yr 3 yrs and then 5. Now it has been 3 yrs n all the freedom in the world n doing whatever u want got old. Been very Unsuccessful with my " love" life n would give so much to have someone in my life
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 163
Posted: 3/24/2013 8:49:01 PM
Just wondering then why in the hell u are here on POF if u so happy with u life?????
 the_man4
Msg: 164
Posted: 3/25/2013 8:25:54 AM
On one hand I enjoy the single life, I come & go as I please. But for he most part Iam getting older a bit wiser , I know what I want in a woman & would like to have that companionship in my life,& someone to share life adventures with..
 abmccray
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2013 9:08:29 AM

Just wondering then why in the hell u are here on POF if u so happy with u life?????

Dating is fun and helps you to branch out and meet new people and make new friends that only add to my life. That's why I'm on dating sites in general. POF, because of the hilarious forums.
 KSCFish33
Msg: 166
Posted: 3/25/2013 3:21:57 PM
Relaxing. Well, more relaxing than it was in my twenties. I've gotten past the NEED to be with someone and am comfortable solo. I also know who I am as a person and refuse to change myself to conform to what women want. I'm awkward with women, but that means there hasn't been a ton of practice.

I find being older and being single is just less stress. It'll happen or it won't. Once you figure out who YOU are, you don't need someone else to complete you... you just want them. Big difference.
 DomG79
Msg: 167
Posted: 3/26/2013 3:49:52 AM

I agree with you here.
 hippy_dude
Msg: 168
Posted: 3/26/2013 8:10:30 AM
most times its ok being single. I have freedom to do what I like when I want .its not as great as it seems .I don't have kids but I have 2 young nieces who are more important then everything I have put together. i understand why people have kids. it can be rewarding thing in your life even thou I don't want kids . these 2 kids are enough for me and the reason my hair is turning grey... lol. I could go to Hawaii or mexico this week . I have the cash so the money aint the problem . instead I bought airlines tickets to new York city may 02 and the only thing I have to look forward too is seeing my loved ones again. when some people get older they start to feel loneliness.

year after year I live alone. go to bed alone and wake up alone. strippers and other women of that kind gets old and pointless . I now find that life style boring and empty . I would like to a have a travel partner and try living with a woman again . maybe it would go well this time.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 169
Posted: 3/26/2013 10:12:20 AM
I'm single over 40 now, but...

When I was single an in my 30s, it was similar to being single in my 20s - except my friends were better, I had more money, I was more secure in who I was, had more alone time, which I enjoyed. In your 20s you don't always get a lot of personal space.

Now in my 40s those things are even better. When I am involved I enjoy it, when I'm not, I enjoy it. We will be single many times in life - and involved. One isn't better than the other (depending on who you choose, I prefer not to give up a lot of things I have in my single life when involved). Both have their upsides.
 KSCFish33
Msg: 170
Posted: 3/26/2013 10:17:55 AM

There's a difference between being happy and being content.
There are different kinds of happiness.
TBH, if someone can't be at least content being alone then they aren't ready to date seriously.
 wildlifelover79
Msg: 171
Posted: 3/26/2013 11:14:30 AM
Personally I don't really care about being single and 33. Yeah I wish I could hang out with a woman my own age and do something fun. But I don't match anyone! I don't hang out with women who smoke or drink. I don't go to bars, clubs or go out dancing. I pretty much work 5 days a week and sit at home watching tv or movie. Or I surf on the internet. I will go hiking in a state park or take my mother out to dinner. But when you live at home and have no extra money to o anything it is hard trying to find a woman.
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 172
Posted: 3/26/2013 1:40:49 PM
^ if a woman won't date u bc u don't hae extra cash to blow on her n bc u live at home it's just not a person for u. I think u just looking for excuse bc I live back at home n not that I'm broke but dont have extra money to go to fancy resteurant. But I don't find ppl to be as bothered by that as much as me. I dated guys with ok job n living back at home. Guy I'm talking to right now has ok job n is at home for now. If u not good enough n u won't take women to fancy place to eat she us not right one for u. But keep looking there is one that will want to be with u for u. Taking walk by the water or in the park. Going to free concert or walking around county fair are fun n free.
 Aintnothang__
Msg: 173
Posted: 3/27/2013 10:20:06 AM
I'm at the stage of my life I'd rather be single and happy then with someone just to have someone. I think by the time you get to your 30's (not always tho lol ) you know who you are, what you want etc. You also know what you DON'T want which honestly is the best thing about being a little older.
 braveheart106
Msg: 175
Posted: 4/1/2013 8:38:35 AM
The tough part about being over 30 and single is that most of the people (at least in my case) are married or in a relationship, so they tend to do their own things and you see less and less of them.

In my case I also miss the companionship; going home and someone being there, good conversations, family events etc. I would say im very much of the family man type; attending thanksgiving, christmas dinners, etc. So for some, it's ok to be single as long as you like it.

But as time sets in and you get older, I feel like I need to create a 'base' to grow old with. It's not fun but in my case I like the closeness of being with someone. That said, I have learn some very harsh but valuable lessons in life in trying to rush into anything.

I guess i'm an old soul so I want to find another old soul ;)
 Jhenry319
Msg: 176
Posted: 4/11/2013 6:01:19 PM
Good and loansome... It is hard to find a decent honest woman that you can turn your back on anymore. I am tired of coming home to an empty house .
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 177
Posted: 4/12/2013 11:27:26 AM
Not any different from when I was in my 20s. Men are just about the same at any age. And yes, I hate dating. The only difference is that lots of single men now have kids, and the ones who don't do want kids. I pretty much can't win when it comes to that.
 lightningman1
Msg: 178
Posted: 4/13/2013 5:25:58 PM
I don't know any different 36 going on 37.
You know that feeling??? Weather i like it or not i will be single for the rest of my life.
I have slowly come to terms with it.
 rocking ritschel
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2013 8:45:27 PM
Freaking sucks,being lonely freaking sucks!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >