Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Are disproportionate age ranges requirements a red flag?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 charlie_girl_2
Msg: 87
Are disproportionate age ranges requirements a red flag?Page 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
To me, the red flag would be when someone feels it's totally realistic to imagine someone who's 10-15-20 years younger then them finding them attractive and wanting to date them and it's going to work out great...but don't want to even consider dating someone who's even just a few years older than themselves. It's like they don't want to be judged themselves based on their numerical age...but they want to judge other people on their numerical age.

Totally agree!

But come-on folks, don't we beat this subject to death about every other week, month, year...?

Everyone wants to be younger in their profile. People lie everyday about their age. And I catch them everyday when they lie. For me, I am proud of my age. I am 50. This just means I've taken care of myself, and look good for my age. I am also more experienced in life, and have more wisdom. This means I have seen all the tricks in the book, and out of it.

UnixGrand -- take down your mirror for a minute and read my profile. (lol)

BigBadNIrish
Msg: 88
Are disproportionate age ranges requirements a red flag?
Posted: 5/30/2011 6:11:08 PM
Thing is, I could care less if someone choses to date down 10-15-20 years...it really means nothing to me...I just think next...

I'm more offended by the person who obviously is lying on her profile and is 10 years older than the profile age...and when she writes "I'm really X+, but POF won't let me change my age"...well, geeze...you shoulda waited till the meet n greet to tell me you're a liar.
 UnixGrand
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2011 6:39:29 PM

UnixGrand -- take down your mirror for a minute and read my profile.

I see you now. Both our birthday's are on the 4th of July. Now that is amazing. I'm hitting the old 51 this year. Ouch. But I'm loving every minute of it!
 charlie_girl_2
Msg: 90
Posted: 6/2/2011 1:02:57 PM
I'll be 87!

I don't want to date men my age or older
At night, they have to put their ears in a case, their eyes on the night stand, and their teeth in a cup. Not for me! Give me a sexy "younger man" any time. It ain't over, til it's over!

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Are disproportionate age ranges requirements a red flag?