Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Can women really go without sex????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sgt What
Msg: 101
Can women really go without sex????Page 5 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
You're cruel, LOL
 brebour
Msg: 102
Can women really go without sex????
Posted: 10/4/2008 12:00:36 PM
No.........we are sexual creatures and going with out sex is not normal. I for one could never go with out sex. Even if you do not have a partner doesn't mean you have to do without......you can always make yourself happy.
 mayjar
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2008 2:15:05 PM
Yes women can go without sex,it is not because they are fat or ugly, women just view sex differently, I am sure women and men are aware of STD. I have not been walked down the altar to say I do, but have been in relatopnships, the last one ended in death.He was on the transplant list, his mind wanted to have sex but his body could not perform, so after awhile you get use to it, or you stray, I stayed and do not regret being abstinent, some folks put way to much empathsis on sex. We have major needs, Sex, food. water, shelter, I hope to marry someday, but am in no hurry to give up what I have saved up to just anybody, I do not drink, so the men do not get better looking at closing time. I can be picky because I work can take care of myself, do not need a man to mow my yard, take out the trash,or etc, would prefer a man to compliment my life, not rule it by sex, I like sex, just have not seen anyone that I have the need to mess up my sheets for nothing, Have a good day, good luck.
 Sgt What
Msg: 104
Posted: 10/6/2008 10:16:29 AM

And you imply that a women who is "old" will not be a good lover and have regrets at not have sex in the past.

Sex is made better by passion so if a women hasn't had sex for several years it is passion that will make her a better and active partner.

You see, men are very different - for them it is a physical need. A women needs her brain and senses to be stimulated before she decides to have sex.

First: I have to dissagree with you, I was talking about women who wait till they are VERY OLD to find a mate 70's, or 80's.

Second: Passion doesn't build up IT HAPPENS all at once, Kinda like a frieght train. LOL

Third: A woman does not need her "BRAIN" stimulated in order to have sex unless she gets excited about Mathmatical equations or wether or not the world is in tune with her thoughts. LOL My self I prefer a more Sensual convo during or before sex, not one on wether or not I think the stock market is going to crash this month. LOL

But Finally: I agree that a woman needs to have her "SENSES" stimulated. BUT SO DOES A MAN, and while men are young they are sexual creatures, And would prefer to have sex BEFORE THEIR BODIES are older. SEX IS PHYSICAL PEOPLE. It is the MOST BASIC INSTINCT we have. And turning it into a struggle for the mind is not helping ANYONE. If you have to PSYCHO ANNALYZE something then it isn't good. SO by trying to, it makes sex sound like something bad or a chore or something. If everyone would lighten up and let their instincts guide them instead of the economy, there would be a whole lot more happier set of people out there.
 TheyCallMeMrAwesome
Msg: 105
Posted: 10/6/2008 11:16:48 AM
For the question of how long a guy can go without it, for me, as long as I damn well please, I turn down random sex and all that nonsense, I"ve been "pure" since early the longest I could wait is a year or two, I'll be honest, i'll take a good cuddle by a fire on a cool night over great sex with someone. Sex shouldn't be the make or break of the relationship, for me if the sex is good OR bad, I couldn't give a flying ****. I just don't care about it all that much.
 jackster121
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2008 11:38:33 AM
Once again this is a thread that takes one example and gneralizes to the entire gender. my guess would be there are numerous variations from none, to rare, to some, medium to a lot to nymph ( and nymph is not a bad thing). There are a lot more levels that I didn't mention.
 Cynderella
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2008 3:18:40 PM
Four Flippin' Years and counting
 gravittr
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2008 3:35:56 PM
no i didnt read all of it. but no i cant go with out it for a week. so i dont know how anyone can go without it every other day at least. shot i can do it several times aday without trying.
 kygal777
Msg: 109
Posted: 10/9/2008 12:18:09 PM
Well said and for me it's been over 6 yrs (my choice) horrible marriage and have no urge for it. Just not ready as of yet but that's not to say I don't think about it at times either.
 baileyboobutt
Msg: 110
Posted: 11/3/2008 11:28:48 AM
Brian...

If you are talking about Rhonda, get over it and move on. She just uses you!!!
 fancynanci
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2008 1:20:47 PM
Not this woman....no. Some of us are very sexual people, and some just aren't.
 *buzz*
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2008 12:35:39 PM
meaning 'Blue Nun'?
P.S.
Chilled tastes refreshing too. Prost!
 Sgt What
Msg: 113
Posted: 12/15/2008 4:38:55 PM

Four Flippin' Years and counting

It seems there is an irritable trait that is caused by Prolonged abstinence. LOL

I'm just kidding people, I just had to say that because my ex would get EXTREMELY irritable after going without for a few weeks. She Still tries to call me even now after two years of being apart. but since it was her decision in the first place I have always turned her down. And yes she gets really mad about it. LOL
 Sgt What
Msg: 114
Posted: 12/15/2008 4:53:55 PM

In a survey of 31,581 women across the U.S. ages 18 to 102, 44 percent reported having sexual problems, the most common being low desire for sex. The findings mirrored those of many other surveys — but what sets this one apart is that of those women reporting sexual problems, only 12 percent say they are are actually bothered by it.

That's based on a new study, published Friday in the journal Obstetrics and Gynecology.

The question then raised is, if such a large percentage aren't interested and don't care, is this then normal? After all, the stories one hears that lack of sexual interest is common must have some basis.

Here's a thought If you believe the CONSPIRACY THEORISTS, then you may look into what drugs all women are receiving at some point in their life from doctors. Because there was also a discussion on the up and coming overpopulation problem and ways to curb it. It was suggested that the DESIRE in humans be curbed via drug induced hormones.

I don't believe in that, but it was interesting that it was brought up by the Cabinet for Health Family Services and.
 catkin2007
Msg: 115
Posted: 12/15/2008 5:23:19 PM
Wow, I guess anyone could, men or women. I hope that doesn't become my life, but hey, I'm not settling, so...
 Cogie36
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2008 9:28:08 AM
I think we can go without sex if we dont have a partner and dont want to sleep with every man we see on the street......but....thats why toys were created

In keeping with what was written in the post tho.......why would someone want to go without sex if they had a steady partner......I dunno about you women out there.......but I sure wouldnt......havent found anything better yet..
 flcntrygirl80
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2008 2:19:58 PM
I went 4 years and it really didnt bother me. Sex is not important to me at all, unless i am in a relationship with someone with whom I can have that amazing mind blowing toe curling sex.
 debradky
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2008 7:37:29 PM
yes women can go without sex,but only the ones that truly believe that sex is to happen only with the man she loves.if shes not in a realationship,she will wait until she finds him...i sit and listen evey day about what women want from their men.diamonds,a nice home,their checkbook.it really makes me sick,the way people use people.is .i have learened over the years that all people care about is sex,drugs and money...Out of the mouth of a counrty girl...............
 yewzd
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2008 10:24:40 PM
sure.

no sex beats bad sex.

no sex beats an unaffectionate dork who's "uncomfortable" holding hands, kissing, or performing any other specifically non-sexual behaviors which generally lead the way to great nookie.

So, yeah. and after many months and too many conversations, withholding has not gotten his attention. I just don't care.

Affectionates just can't be with unaffectionates. Just too bad you can't always discern from the start whether they're unaffectionate or shy . ..
 Blondecharmthe3rd
Msg: 121
Posted: 12/18/2008 4:38:41 AM
I could go without, but why on earth would I want to???? I did 14 months after I left my first husband and it was the right thing to do for me. My son needed my time and love to help with the transition and I needed the time to get to know myself.

But I would prefer not to go through it again.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 123
Posted: 12/23/2008 9:24:43 AM
Well, if it's not good sex, then yeah, I can go without it forever.

Honestly, most men AND women can go without sex, but choose not to. It's not required to survive outside of propogation of the species, and Lord knows the w0rld's seen enough of that.

Having said that, sure I CAN go without even when single, but what would be the point? I'd rather have it than not - and I have too many options not to. *shrug*
 cfb62
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2008 1:11:19 PM
Maybe she's A-sexual.
That's the only thing that would make sense.
Personally, I turn into psycho beatch after going to long without!
 giggleparts
Msg: 125
Posted: 12/24/2008 12:57:20 AM

hell no. Fuck that noise.

Best ever.

^^^ No, you just do what I did, you go back and edit it, because the parser is dumb like that.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Can women really go without sex????