Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SWSpice
Msg: 147
MATCH.com V p.o.fPage 6 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
You might get more actual dates on match but that doesn't mean they are any more into a relationship or have any less expectations. I have met people on match, more than on POF because I had unrealistically thought that because they paid for the online service meant they were more interested and perhaps invested. Just not true.

The photos were not any more current, the descriptions of personalities not more honest and expectations not any more realistic, perhaps worse so because they paid money. I haven't seen either one better than the other.
 likes_animals_wk
Msg: 148
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 10/14/2010 10:12:45 AM

"a bunch of losers on POF with the exception of one guy."
Isn't that all it takes?

yes but i've been waiting on him for over a month e-mailing back and forth. never knew a guy more passive than he is. he's extremely busy with work, doing this and that. i have to keep looking. i'm not the type to just sit and wait for a guy to make a move. and fyi. i already asked to meet him 3 times.
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 150
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 10/14/2010 7:29:09 PM
^^^^That sounds like an interesting/different approach, but I don't think it will bring better results.

IMO: You'll still get the same types in all dating sites. i.e. those serious, those married, those with a hidden agenda, etc..............
 lostintheshufle
Msg: 151
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 11/21/2010 8:07:10 PM
Match has higher quality people.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 152
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 11/21/2010 8:21:57 PM

but i've been waiting on him for over a month e-mailing back and forth ... he's extremely busy with work, doing this and that.

He's not (that) interested. Mere busyness can get in the way of things -- and make someone less available than someone else, sure. But it's not going to prevent a guy who signed up for and is on a dating site, to meet a gal within the same area that he finds attractive (in a relatively short order of time). Anything justifying otherwise is a facade.

You can be too busy to meet too many women... or too busy because it's not merely busyness, but it's your soon-to-be-separated-wife recently getting in the way... or new girl A or B who you met at a bar. If they are "too busy" to meet or go out (again), then basically, you're just not a top choice (in the very least), plain and simple.
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 153
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 11/21/2010 8:44:04 PM
There are only two differences I see between PAY and FREE sites:

1) Pay sites better photos (bigger, clearer, more of them, etc.) Members seem more inclined to spiff up their looks and find better quality pics to post

2) Pay sites have more personal notes about each member. They tend to add lots of categories and spaces to add comments, more essays, surveys, etc. that give you more info about the person. Hopefully, this additional info can help you make better selections.

==================

Once you've made contact or scheduled a date, the difference stops. Everything is on YOUR SHOULDERS from that point to realize your goals.
 17outdoors
Msg: 154
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 11/21/2010 9:25:19 PM
Many dating sites will have the same problems ( flakes, rude people, married people looking to cheat etc ) to various degrees. But overall I think Match is better. Better quality of people and more serious people. Match also has a chart where a person can state what they are looking for in a date. Race, age, distance, height, body type, smoking and drinking habits, having / wanting children or not, education level etc.
 eastbelle
Msg: 155
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 11/27/2010 3:45:03 PM
I had used both Match and POF in the past. For the most part, I didn't have good experiences with internet dating. But I think POF was worse.
 BentonHarbor
Msg: 156
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 11/29/2010 3:49:44 PM
This thread is so old most of the sites mentioned early on are already dead and gone!

Ya know I've been successful at this online dating thing since first coming online---1990 or so. AOL was King of the ISP's and they had their own free dating area. This applied back then, still does today:

Once you've made contact or scheduled a date, the difference stops. Everything is on YOUR SHOULDERS from that point to realize your goals.

So many never learned this or have forgotten no matter the method in which you meet someone it all comes down to the mutual performance of those involved, their interest in one another and whether there is enough of it to sustain more time together.

Pick any ZIP code, search on every available dating site and you'll see much the same people. There really isn't one site where people are "better" than the others despite so many thoughts someone paying for something means they're not sleazy denizens of the dating world.

Fact is those who aren't whining and complaining about a bad dating life are probably out doing it more than sitting online lamenting it all.
 forums1
Msg: 160
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 3/14/2013 11:23:42 PM

People on Pof take no pride in looking after themselves, disheveled and waiting to be rescued.

So that's why you don't have a picture!
 Stubidooo
Msg: 162
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 3/15/2013 5:55:09 AM
I don't think match is worth the time.... pof is ok and I've certainly had a lot of success here but it's like trying to find someone in a loud and packed party room. I've found in looking for something more serious, the sites geared specifically for someone around my age are the best. I haven't run into any of the problems that are so typical of this site and, it seems to me, that on those sites the women clearly outnumber the men and are a bit more serious about what they want.
 grove_22
Msg: 163
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 3/15/2013 6:31:57 AM

Many dating sites will have the same problems ( flakes, rude people, married people looking to cheat etc ) to various degrees. But overall I think Match is better. Better quality of people and more serious people.

+1.
 bottleguy
Msg: 164
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 3/15/2013 6:37:54 AM
Match.com is the best pay site because it has the most members. But it's still a pay site. I would much rather deal with pof where I can message for free than pay out the wazoo to message women back who may or may not even exist.
 Advwench
Msg: 165
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 3/15/2013 6:58:53 AM
I've had better luck with match.com. I get pretty regular messages there and when I initiate contact, I usually get a polite response even if they're not interested. That's also where the dates I've been on have started.

I get nothing here... zip, zilch, nada =)
 Stubidooo
Msg: 166
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 3/15/2013 7:22:44 AM

Match.com is the best pay site because it has the most members

Sadly, nobody knows if that is really true. Match doesn't let you delete your profile so that they can count it in their numbers. It would be really interesting to see how many actual current paying members they have .... The primary reason I don't like the site is that I don't want to be sitting there messaging dead profiles.
 VolcanoKing
Msg: 168
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 3/15/2013 7:37:36 AM
I tried all the major sites, paid and unpaid. Never found anything worthwhile. The behavior is all the same, regardless of putting down a 20 dollar bill every month. Flakes, lairs, scammers, players, abusers, socially retarded, married, STD's.

And alot of the same people are on many different sites, it's like going into the same bars every night and seeing the same people.
 bottleguy
Msg: 169
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 3/15/2013 7:59:05 AM
I've been on about 20 sites. Cupid, Zoosk, Match, POF, yahoo, mate1, americansingles, are you interested. As far as I can tell Match and POF have the most active profiles, and that's the only ones I pay any attention to. If you haven't been online in a week then I assume you have found or are dating someone. And like VolcanoKing said all are about the same unless you only contact paying members on those sites. If people are paying than they are likely serious. But then your choices are really limited. I so wish anyone as remotely interesting as VolcanoKing lived in WV. Wow. I just don't get your singleness.
 Stubidooo
Msg: 170
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 3/15/2013 9:46:06 AM
I've been on about 20 sites. Cupid,

The Q&A makes this a really cool site. Sadly, it seems to attract mostly a younger crowd.

If people are paying than they are likely serious. But then your choices are really limited

Depends.. I signed up on a site geared toward people my age and right off the bat I got about 20 messages. You had to pay to read them and I'm thinking it's a scam and they are all admin messages, bots, or something but took and chance, paid the fee, and what do you know they were all legit. Within the first two weeks, I had about 50 message and countless flirts etc (remember I'm a guy).

I get the feeling more and more women around my age who are indeed looking for something more serious are gravitating toward those sites. Who knows...
 i_ski_do_u
Msg: 171
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 3/15/2013 12:36:28 PM
One site you pay to get no responses, the other you get no responses for free.
 Advwench
Msg: 172
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 3/15/2013 12:38:03 PM

The Q&A makes this a really cool site. Sadly, it seems to attract mostly a younger crowd.

I like the quizzes, too.

seems to be more young guys looking for cougars and couples looking for a third, at least based on my inbox. I reactivate my account periodically just to see if anything's changed. That usually lasts a couple of weeks and I deactivate again.
 DaenerysNJ
Msg: 173
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 3/15/2013 4:19:31 PM
I was on match about 3 years ago and hardly got any messages at all. Here I get 5+ a day...

Keep in mind that most people on match are on PoF as well...
 spirited-won
Msg: 175
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 3/15/2013 6:11:39 PM
My boyfriend and I talk and laugh about Match. It never worked for me and the people on there weren't as interesting as on POF. I had more hits on here and finally...met my guy on here and 3 months later we are going strong!!
 Albvs
Msg: 176
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 3/15/2013 7:34:11 PM
Oh please don't pay money to a dating site. You might as well just throw it away directly into the trash can. At least with the trash can you have no hope that this will result in anything positive.
 Debyduz_
Msg: 177
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 3/17/2013 9:32:53 AM
I paid for Match 3 month which ended up being 6 automatic renewal. I did not like Match. The guy were not any better then the ones here. I also got more scammers there.

I was on another place singles.net For some reason it was all really old guys with 2 sentences in profile. they did have free contact.

All things considered, this place is pretty good for being free.
 grove_22
Msg: 178
MATCH.com V p.o.f
Posted: 3/17/2013 11:12:01 AM
I was on match about 3 years ago and hardly got any messages at all. Here I get 5+ a day...

The opposite happened to me. I got a lot emails and dates on Match.

Keep in mind that most people on match are on PoF as well...

Even if this true, at least some of these people may be more active on Match since they are paying for it. I was on both sites for a while. I would check my Match account at least 3-4 times a week. I would check my POF account maybe once a week at the most.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >