Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 valenciacityx
Msg: 436
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?Page 14 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
when a 'life' sentence in prison only really equates to about 7 years.... are you even surprised that 'until death do us part' has a half life to it ?

Hand me the red flag, I am collecting them as I leave. I will take this one, the one for never being married, the one for not having kids, the one for not living in a house (a condo is quite permanent enough !) and another for not dancing, one for being short, and I will put a deposit on the flag for being 45 and not married as well.
 kyle_coare
Msg: 437
view profile
History
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?
Posted: 5/12/2011 6:08:56 PM
men over 30 have manyt reasons for being single, i had a bad relationship, lost my partner my kids, through no major fault of my own, not to say i wasnt influential!!!
but its harder for over 30's guys to get out and meet people again, im agraphobic so cant speak for everyone, but i met people at work and in clubs etc, my chances of meeting anyone now are down to 00.01%, but im happy i have facebook to have old froiiends, and possibly new ones hint!!!!!
and maybe someone will givew me a reason to leave my house, but dont use sex, id prefer cuddles!!!!
though im not saying i hate sex lol!!!!!!
ill get my coat.... wait im not going anywere and im wearing a coat, this is all wrong..
 kyle_coare
Msg: 438
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2011 6:37:47 PM
Oh i played those games, i worked in a hotel kitchen, with 30 odd very beatiful women every night!!! i learnt not to trust women they can be way devious!!!!! but lots of fun also if you pick right!!!!

damn we should all just meet up, take over an island, i think japan will be cleared soon, and pair off lol!!!!
 kyle_coare
Msg: 439
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2011 7:28:41 PM
well according to my last message, if like me you have rubbish teeth, dont bother applying, we ar beyond saving!!!!!!
shame if only i earnt 2 pound less i could go dentsit!!!!
**** it, relationships always end in heartache and pain, im better alone, and according to people here thats all ill get anyway so better enjoy it!!
 professorjjd
Msg: 440
Posted: 5/13/2011 4:45:41 AM
Hey, I want my skull and crossbones now! Why should I have to wait 10 more years for a cool bumper sticker? Oh.. wait, you need a car to display the bumper sticker right? Now I'm REALLY bummed out!
 dimples0376
Msg: 441
Posted: 5/14/2011 6:25:05 AM
Maybe he spent eight years with the wrong woman and is now single looking for the right woman and is a wonderful, caring, funny, cute, fun, outgoing man/father/potential boyfriend/husband who has figured out since becoming single exactly who he is and what he wants out of life. Hmmm, this guy sounds familiar to me! ;)
 out_doors
Msg: 442
Posted: 5/14/2011 2:58:16 PM
Not necessarily. I would rather be single than be stuck in a bad relationship.
 sharongirl1498
Msg: 443
Posted: 5/14/2011 4:45:26 PM
I agree with outdoors. There's nothing wrong with being single at any age.
 Native__One
Msg: 444
Posted: 5/14/2011 6:22:06 PM
Too many possibilities why one could be single at any age, to judge or assume there's something wrong with them. A lot of people say it's a 'small world'..lol..but it's not.
It's hard to find the one who truly gets you, in such a large sea of fish.
 tazzzman01
Msg: 445
Posted: 5/15/2011 2:13:45 AM
im 36 and i am single.i didn't date for 11 years,and just started.i look at it this way "i just haven't meet the right person yet".
she out there i haven't meet her yet,but i will.theirs someon for everyone.i think im a normal looking guy with great qualities.

ps.and the person who posted this jules you are a beautiful woman and you will meet mr right,hes out there i promiss,or maybe hes somebody u already know.who knows he may feel the same about you.

goodluck and good fishing

tazzzman01..(brian) from oklahoma
 tazzzman01
Msg: 446
Posted: 5/15/2011 2:16:02 AM
me to,but everyone needs companionship!!!!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 447
Posted: 5/15/2011 6:02:02 AM
^^^Luckily, we don't have to get that from a relationship as it's available in many other places. We all have friends, family, community and even pets in some cases. If we get it from a relationship too, well that's just a nice bonus.
 Violet_Tigress
Msg: 449
Posted: 5/16/2011 12:55:47 AM
You could just plan on it & be pleasantly surprised if you aren't.
 mrnova66
Msg: 450
Posted: 5/16/2011 12:47:17 PM
That is one way to look at it^^^^^^^I guess when some people have been taking to the cleaners(Being played) all their lives thay become isolated and give up..They get tired of all the games...Stevie Nicks siad it best in the song DREAMS...."Players only love you when they are playing"..."Thunder only happens when it is raining"......SO TRUE!!!!!!
 Ma_Karuna
Msg: 451
Posted: 5/16/2011 9:58:10 PM
I'm a woman over the "magic" age. Yes, there are many things that many seem to view, as wrong with me, but that just makes my fishing easier.lol
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 452
Posted: 5/17/2011 2:08:08 AM
I've only NOT been in a relationship of some sort, for about 2-2 1/2 years total...the longest stretch being just over one year. That being said...I DO notice a difference on some level, between people who've been in relationships and those that have been single for long periods of time.

Maybe its just my experiences or perception, but I think the people who've been primarily in relationships tend to be more giving and more capable of compromise.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 453
Posted: 5/17/2011 3:01:53 AM

Then you have to learn to be alone.

Why?

What's the point?

I can be fine being by myself...I prefer to be in a LTR though.
I don't go looking for them when I'm single... I just enjoy myself...yet someone always comes along that interests me and poof! Not single.

I've only been in four serious relationships though totaling 25 years then a few FWB's in between....

I don't feel I NEED to be in a relationship anymore than I feel I need to be alone.... I take things day by day, if something is working I don't seek change. When it breaks I try to fix, then discard if I can't fix.

...I'm pretty satisfied with my love life....now my financial life... Meh...THAT could use some help.
Now that I'm getting older my propensity for risk is lowering, especially after the last fall...I've had a few!
 Casper66
Msg: 454
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2011 10:20:17 AM
Well I just hit the big 45, I've never been married, have no kids, I just keep collecting those red flags, but I don't think there is anything horribly wrong with me. I do find it different dating in my 40's then in my 20's, more men wanted to settle down in the younger years but I wanted a career an edcuation first so I waited, now it's not so easy, but I keep trying to find that special someone for me.
 WillM009
Msg: 455
Posted: 5/17/2011 7:55:54 PM
Well I have been single, more or less, for atleast 10 yrs. I have dated and tried to work things out in the 1st of my relationships since I moved to the city I live in now, but there was just no connection. We both tried to work things out and then we ran into problems of her wanting several kids and me not being home all the time because of work etc.. Just was not a good match.

The other was there was no match at all. We would have been better off just being friends and to go out bowling, shooting pool etc...

So I am 38 almost work full time at the same job for over 10 yrs and well just can't seem to find the right match. I have had 2 meetups with 2 different females but there wasn't anything I guess there either. Maybe more on their part than mine. ??

So I figure I have nothing but more time... maybe I will find love somewhere.

Ahhh that brings me to the song by Saigon Kick
"Love is on the way......." :)
 JP1111
Msg: 456
Posted: 5/18/2011 2:37:19 PM
Oh god, are you serious? If a guy )or a girl) is still single at the age of 30 it is simply because they are. Why they are could be a for million reasons and who is everyone else to simply guess what the reson is and pass judgement on them?
 Ma_Karuna
Msg: 457
Posted: 5/20/2011 8:41:50 PM
Ohh, come on JP1111,
Get on the psychobabble carnival ride. Where great torques of inconvenient truth, tore at the guts of victim me. Hey, there may not be a million reasons for self-doubt, but it all goes grotesquely distorted, when strangers usher you into their hall of mirrors. Having fun yet??
 Miss W
Msg: 459
Posted: 5/23/2011 8:34:01 PM
Oh and have I said
 Violet_Tigress
Msg: 460
Posted: 5/25/2011 7:48:32 PM

I can't believe anyone really thinks that much about these 'dating rules' ie no one over 30. For me, it's not that these things don't cross my mind, I just know it all goes out the window when I meet someone..

I'm with you on that one. I can't imagine who made up those stupid arbitrary rules, anyway.
 PDXRebel
Msg: 461
Posted: 5/27/2011 8:39:37 AM
That's kinda where I am. In my 20s I was always so self conscious, so worried about everything, had low self esteem etc. Looking back it's no wonder I couldn't develop a healthy long-term-relationship with a man.

It wasn't until I was 30 that I finally started to figure myself out. Now I know who I am, I know what I want, I've got goals and I'm on the way to meeting them. I've traveled and even lived abroad. I've learned and grown so much. I feel like I'm finally ready to find the right person to join me in building an amazing life.

It is hard though, because for every single over 30 like us who were just 'late bloomers' as it were, there are all too many older singles who have just stagnated. And it's been hard for me to maintain a positive attitude while dating & trying to weed through all the Mr. Wrongs. But at least I know that I'm pretty happy even when it's just me.
 DC1346
Msg: 465
Posted: 6/1/2011 11:35:48 PM

I am posting this because it was said on another message board that if a man is single and over the age of 30 and good looking, there has got to be some character flaw or some reason why he is not taken....

What is everyone elses general view on this? Do you find that there has got to be "something" wrong if someone looks in every other way a good catch, yet still hasn't settled down?

People have said a lot of things over the years. At one time it was widely believed that the world was flat. Just because people say that something is true doesn't mean that it's actually true.

Everyone has a different story. Until you get to know a specific person, most of what you think you know about this person will be hearsay and supposition.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >