Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bsmith1976
Msg: 466
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?Page 15 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
Let's see. I moved away from my family and friends when I was in my early to mid-twenties and focused on my career and attempting to build relationships. I bought a house and spent time and money working on that. You know, doing the responsible things you're supposed to do.

Little did I know, I was secretly damaging my image. I should have just partied and blew work off to look more attractive back in my twenties? Silly me.
 chazzc1980
Msg: 467
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?
Posted: 6/20/2011 11:19:58 PM
Well I'm 31 and know why I'm single, yes there is something wrong with me. Was raised by a single parent, homeless and living in a vehicle for much of my childhood. Would travel around a lot working flea markets when I was a kid, was raised to be what was called a "roadie". So here I am now, a 31 year old college dropout with no sense of direction in my life and no idea how or desire to hold down a "real job" which is not due to laziness more to the fact I hate being bossed around and working with other people. I have nothing monetarily to offer a woman or bring to a relationship, besides my car and the clothes on my back. Last time I checked, women don't really find the kind of guy I am to be very appealing. But that's okay, because not having the material world tie me down any longer may possibly free me up to pursue some things I've always dreamed of doing like hiking the entire Appalachian Trail or spend my life volunteering with the Peace Corps.
 That_girl*
Msg: 468
Posted: 6/22/2011 2:29:50 PM

production_malfunction

I was taken, but now I'm free again... There's no pleasure in being single though... I guess that's why we are all here?

When you are in your 20s and you think you've found the partner of your dreams you don't plan ahead for being single in your 30s... Let's just hope we're still not single deep into our 40s too

i'm pretty much sitting in the same boat right now thout i found somebody then it went back to s hit..maybe it will workout an maybe ill find somebody never know

but in the meantime the older you get the harder it is to date i hope to still not be sitting on this boat when i turn 40,, but if i am im sure ill have way more exsperience under my belt bout life an love an people..

single is not for everybody..
 Mr_Modular
Msg: 473
Posted: 6/23/2011 10:00:48 PM
You're preaching to the choir, Stephen!
 Jack_Herer
Msg: 475
Posted: 6/24/2011 1:24:04 PM
i smoke a lot of pot, so i guess that's what's "wrong" with me.
 ShanaBanana78
Msg: 476
Posted: 6/24/2011 5:02:41 PM
I personally think you should not be allowed to even think about marriage until 30 years old! I think there is NOTHING wrong with spending your 20's having fun, getting your wildness out of you, and getting to know who you are and what you want from life. I got married very young and now, looking back on it, I realized I was so not ready to be legally bound to another person. I got two beautiful children from it, and many lessons learned! So to answer the question no I don't automatically think there is a character flaw because they are not settled at 30.. 40 maybe, but not 30.
 That_girl*
Msg: 477
Posted: 6/24/2011 7:46:35 PM
thou ive never been married but would like to be 1 day sooner rather then later i agree the thoughts of marriage or even heading in that direction should atleast wait until 30 however in some cases there are some poeple an couples who actually did an do marry before then an stay together an continue to work thru or meet an its just like a movie 2months later they marry i dont know what kinda magic an luck they have by thier side but congrates to them...
 ShanaBanana78
Msg: 478
Posted: 6/24/2011 11:00:57 PM
Maffers:
I agree with you completley.. people can never love another person if they don't love themselves. I admit I am not perfect. It takes two to make it work and two to screw it up! I allowed myself to stay in an unhealthy relationship and tried to "save" him. I have learned a lot from my past failed relationships and have grown because of them. I do not want to change who I am as a person, but have faults that I could improve on. No one said relationships are easy but they should not be a battle either. All I can say is pretty much what you already did.. don't let a man or woman determine your happiness, create your own happiness and others will just intensify it!
 GodlyG
Msg: 480
Posted: 6/25/2011 9:23:42 AM
The right person hasn't come along yet. I won't settle for anything less that what I want.

:)
 GodlyG
Msg: 481
Posted: 6/25/2011 9:26:36 AM
@ womaninprogress
Agreed!
 me000000
Msg: 483
Posted: 6/25/2011 12:30:34 PM
could be a million different reasons......you`d need to get to know him to know for sure.
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 484
Posted: 6/25/2011 6:15:24 PM
well this is becasue at 20 you are still finding yourself. You are still in FUN MODE and sometimes ( like me) the natural thing to do is marry the man you are with for 8 years. It ended up a wrong life partner, and now that im older, I can be smarter and wiser with my chioces now. I can really INVESTIGATE and get to know who im talking to, see them for who they are, and also talk to them on a more mature level than the me from 10 years ago. I think when you are 30-40 your perceptions on life are far different, maybe you have achieved some goals now, saw some of the world, made some awful misttakes, dumped some excess baggage, and NOW are finnaly ready to move on to the next phase of your life. The problem...

YOU ARE NOT ALONE. There are thousands of us out there, looking looking looking with little to no success. I have been approached by 30+ men who only want booty calls COME ON SERIUSLY?? You will end up being like charlie sheen on 2 1/2 men. A toxic bachelor for life.

There is nothing wrong with being 30+ and single. It means that now you are ready for the next phase, and are really WANTING to meet someone long term..LOL>> at least we all would like to hope so! If we stay true to what we want, are honest and open then im sure the magic will find us one day.
 bedelia7
Msg: 485
Posted: 6/25/2011 6:33:42 PM
The question is laughable. The person who posted the original question is looking to pigeon hole an entire group of people when they need to be looking inward instead of damning everyone else as "something is wrong with them". Typical victim mentality which makes the person asking the question in control of their mind/behavior...beware that mentality and that person...
 pofdude2003
Msg: 486
Posted: 6/25/2011 8:01:05 PM
Character flaw? Possibly.

My character flaw is I'm too busy making money and trying to move up in my career.

That sounded really narcissitic, didnt it? Hehe. I guess I'm just in that mood.

I also have a daughter that needs to be supported. ;)

Us over 30 folk sometimes just don't have the time to let someone else come in and change things up their life. We're comfortable. The only person that will change that is the near perfect woman. The "knock me down" lady... ;)
 Kinetically
Msg: 487
Posted: 6/28/2011 11:57:07 PM
My personal contention is that men, like women in their 30s and 40s are, generally speaking, more established, grounded, and less likely to settle. In a sense we have become more picky, realizing that time is shorter and that it takes much more effort to change lifestyle once a commitment is reached. Hence the need to be so selective in our dating prospects.

Additionally, I think that men, like women in their 30s and 40s have developed a stronger sense of intuition based on our past dating experiences. Therefore we are exceptionally keen to errata that we pick up during conversation which indicates that something....just...isn't quite...right...with her. As a result, the search continues and we remain single longer.

The irony is, of course, that all of us on this site are looking for the same thing in one capacity or another. The manner of execution of the fulfillment of our desire may differ, but ultimately we are all after one of several means of fulfillment.

I don't think this process of selection indicates a character flaw, rather I think it is quite predictable based on the various results of relationship experiences, timing, age, and lifestyle which we must all contend with as we grow older....And wiser.

It's such a vicious cycle no?

-LB
 EMunchy2010
Msg: 489
Posted: 7/2/2011 12:55:13 PM
"
it was said on another message board that if a man is single and over the age of 30 and good looking, there has got to be some character flaw or some reason why he is not taken....
"

WTF! Is this a new tread or something. BAD TREAND, BAD! This is America, for goodness sake, remember that!

__ All you people (from the 80's-90's) partying it up like it's 1999-2000, sleeping with each other, getting drunk and and having three-somes ,four-somes, one night stands and even open relationships... still going single and not committing. I call that living it up as if it's the end of the world.

So that's the million dollar question?? If you're 30+ and single/ no kids= there has to be something wrong??
Grow up people... not worth discussing! >.>

EMunchy2010
Msg: 490
Posted: 7/2/2011 1:00:33 PM
... what I left out is like the guy said above. You could have life experience with many people but not worth writing home about. What if you have spent most of your time finding the right person... unlucky (maybe)? Nothing to do with character or defects.

... I believe if your with someone NOW but doesn't show any promise after 2-3 years, drop it! Work, study, dating... take a lot of time and after you know it , your 15 going on 30.
 sinfulsonar97
Msg: 492
Posted: 7/3/2011 1:33:39 AM
Some men woman are looking for perfect. ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 493
Posted: 7/3/2011 11:09:54 AM
I think the posters who stated that circumstance and having been in relationships that didn't go the distance are two main factors.

I married at 20- waaay to young - and had only had 3 years on my own- at a very young age mind you- didn't know squat basically.

Fast forward 30 years later. I've been on my own again for 3 plus years and it's been a completely different ( learning) experience.

I'd like to be in a ltr again but it will happen when I meet someone compatible, including having been thru the same life experiences

and being in the same place I am.

So, I'd say it's about life experiences and going thru what brought us to the current time and place,

and being proactive in our awareness of who's around us.
 randyh1973
Msg: 494
Posted: 7/6/2011 5:14:02 PM
I'm over 30 and single!I just have horrible luck when it comes to woman.everyone has there flaws,I sure do!I have been unable to find a good woman....
 MsMuscleChick
Msg: 496
Posted: 7/7/2011 5:30:53 AM
I am single by choice. Best places to meet people and strike up conversation is simply being out in public. NOT the gym Luke, do not do it there ( you do not want the reputation of oh there is that guy who stares and hit on me ). That is where weirdos bug us. LOL. Grocery stores, coffee places ; better idea.

Nothing wrong with people being single. Heck, I love it. If I meet the right guy great. If not, who cares?

People label single like it is something so horrible ! It is a blessing !
 Skotch
Msg: 497
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2011 5:50:43 AM
There is definitely something wrong with me. However, the title of this thread should be ... "People... Something wrong with them?" because everyone has an issue or three.

I'd probably be in more relationships if I wasn't so gun shy. Not a big deal, I'm not concerned, and if I start to think that there's something seriously wrong with me, what does that say about the women I'm trying to date? Is there something seriously wrong with them too? Vicious circle. Lets just not go down that road.
 Up4AnewExperience
Msg: 499
Posted: 7/7/2011 11:32:10 AM
that is not true at all, not all men are like that
 kayanow007
Msg: 500
Posted: 7/7/2011 1:03:15 PM
No, maybe he is still giving himself a rest from the shallow, vain women that he was dating for 4 years. Some men that are told they are a good catches may have a character flaw due to women telling them, the same go for some women.
Just a thought
 worldtraveller74
Msg: 502
Posted: 7/9/2011 6:32:46 PM
Perhaps he lives in say the midwest, which he is totally incompatible with. ANYONE GOT A JOB SOMEWHERE COOLER? I'll be there asap.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >