Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 letitbemeforever
Msg: 598
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?Page 19 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
No, I just believe that the person hasn't found the one that is compatible with them yet; Although, sometimes it could be that there is still immaturity issues as well.
 letitbemeforever
Msg: 599
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?
Posted: 10/13/2011 3:41:26 PM
EasyPeasy...I agree with you. I have only ever dated guys my age (32) and they are exactly what you described. It's a bit disappointing! I have an age preference but by the looks of it I might need to step it up a bit :P
 WanderingRain
Msg: 600
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2011 9:22:10 PM
Feh. People will assume what they want to assume. And let them. If they assume wrongly, then who loses, right? Them.
Having had 2 wonderful relationships under my belt, I can say I am ok with being single now forever. It just hasn't worked out for whatever reason and both my ex's have been good women. We just are different people with different priorities in life, is all.
We found that out in the course of our relationship and we decided to call it quits (rather than pretend everything is a-ok when it is not).
 jwarren35
Msg: 604
Posted: 10/18/2011 12:32:23 PM
I am almost 30. I would have been married and pregnant like I wanted if I had stayed in my old life but I did not because I was not blissfully happy and I thought I deserved better.
I believe those who're not married and 30+ either have been busy, have a good story to tell OR just haven't met that person.
 Sunshinydays
Msg: 605
Posted: 10/18/2011 9:11:18 PM
Hahaha, if anyone ever considered me damaged goods I would laugh in their face!
 cin____dy
Msg: 606
Posted: 10/18/2011 9:43:26 PM
Depends on his life experiences. He could be a late bloomer. Or he could have been engaged or with someone a long time and didn't work out. When men get in the over 40 range though it gets a little harder to justify.
 cin____dy
Msg: 609
Posted: 10/19/2011 8:37:50 PM
Lovetoscuba, don't think you have to worry about that, you have plenty of time.
 wildlifelover1979
Msg: 610
Posted: 10/20/2011 8:05:07 AM
I am 32, still single, never been married, no kids, have a full-time job and a vehicle, but because I work night shift, live with my parents, and still in debt paying back student loans women think I am not a committer and not financial stable plus a mommy's boy. It really upsets me! I may not look like tom cruise or brad pitt but at least I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs or stay out all night not telling people where I went.
 Miss W
Msg: 611
Posted: 10/20/2011 10:51:56 AM
I'm pushing 52 and have never married. I find that I'm having the last laugh as very few of my friends are happily encumbered. I've had opportunities to be otherwise, but it just didn't feel right. Best to go with your gut than to do what you are "supposed to do".
 jjg1576
Msg: 612
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2011 11:15:52 AM
I think it is like most things- it is far from a black and white issue. I'm 38 and single and recently was told that the biggest "red flag" on my profile was my answer to the "what is your longest relationship" question- it was too short. Interestingly, it never dawned on me that that would scare anyone off.

Hopefully, people aren't so judgmental and they will give you a chance if they like what they read and see in your profile (other then the still single and over 30 part). Of course, if they won't, then I suppose you probably don't want to be with them anyways.
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 613
Posted: 10/20/2011 11:29:37 AM
It's really hard once you've started a life path.

At the younger ages; any changes really did not affect your previous plans, as you didnt really have any, or at least, didnt have much invested in those plans. As you get older; altering your life, or stepping off that path may require more planning and balancing maneouvers.

In short; adding more to your life takes more WORK because everything IN your life is: larger, more expensive, more time consuming to maintain, and just...worth....more.

I may not look like tom cruise or brad pitt

I'm not sure you're allowed to use those names without mentioning Clooney. ;)

[Clooney rules THAT list mate]
 Hemzen
Msg: 615
Posted: 10/21/2011 12:10:15 AM
I don't want to agree with this comment, but my life experience has pointed that that hits true more often than not, for myself. I think especially so if you are a woman, as the male to female ratio is much smaller (4-1, is it not?) . It also makes sense as most of us keep the keepers as fast as we can. I am sure that there are some great fella's out there just enjoying being single and living life without commitment, but there are definitely plenty that are what some may see as less than desirable. I see myself as a strong inter-dependant soul, a mature communicator, a good lover and honest to goodness nice person. I have come across men who lie, steal, suffer from social disorders, are abusive, sadistic, alcoholic, have depression, and are commitment shy. All my guy friends are shocked that I am still single and sometimes, so am I, lol. But it happens. I think the best advice I ever heard, and I am waiting to use one day, is that you have to be willing to accept your partners bad traits, as well as the good ones to make it work, as you cannot change a person. If their bad traits are truly horrid, it just won't do, but if it's a why can't he put the toilet seat lid down sort of thing, geez, let it pass. After all, the lid could stay up sometimes, it's just too bad we can't pee standing up very well...
;-)
 bottleguy
Msg: 616
Posted: 10/21/2011 6:49:51 AM
People like myself who are shy or have self esteem issues just struggle with dating horrendously. They almost never have the nerve to talk to someone they don't know, and usually consider themselves so inferior, that they have doomed the relationship to failure before it even began. Especially if you have high moral values that authomatically removes women that smoke or take drugs. That's such a limiting factor these days, more than ever before.
 wildlifelover1979
Msg: 617
Posted: 10/21/2011 8:57:37 AM
Yeah people like me who sre shy and quiet. It is hard when you work a night shift and sleep most of the day. I would not want to take the risk of hitting on a woman at work even if I do work at a grocery store because the boss might fire me. Then again most women I smiled at or said hello to me look at me like I was wierdo. That is because I am working my butt off and sweating.
 JCinVicBC
Msg: 618
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2011 5:12:48 AM
Yes: they're single.
 christyis4real
Msg: 620
Posted: 10/28/2011 9:48:01 PM

ive just lost that lovin feelin

That's a shame :(
 aztracker1
Msg: 621
Posted: 10/28/2011 10:12:17 PM
I know that I am jumping in late here... I wouldn't consider myself in the over 30 + good looking, not bad looking... Just the same, I was in a relationship that just didn't quite work right for over eight years. In the end, I'm probably more emotionally mature now, than then. Also a little bit broken in. Just the same, I'm not hung up on my ex, we still talk once in a while and get along okay.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I can say definitively that not everyone over 30 has a fatal character flaw... time goes by and you find yourself where you are. There are some very emotionally damaged people of both genders out there. There's also a lot of people that are even to this day and age all about looks.
 JCinVicBC
Msg: 622
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2011 4:58:09 AM
I'm not aware of any major character flaws I might have...at least no one's ever told me I have any. I've just never been successful at getting dates since I started puberty (I had lots before that). Had one date in high school (prom)...she asked me out. None since.

Just a wild guess, but I'd say that's probably why I'm single.
 bottleguy
Msg: 623
Posted: 10/29/2011 6:49:15 AM
Less attractive women tell me I don't have enough personality, and very attractive women don't find me attractive. Also, I have a serious underbite that makes me look angry all the time. One of my co-workers actually said that if I approached her in a club she would run for the exit. Doesn't help that I'm 6'4 280. Women in clubs usually mistake me for one of the bouncers . . .
 Home_for_30
Msg: 624
Posted: 10/29/2011 7:27:31 PM
What is the huge obession with being 'taken'? And especially at a certain age...heck I am almost 44 and still haven't met 'Ms Right'. And I am in no rush to, either! But a smiling face on the other side of a dinner table is nice, though.
 apinlondon123
Msg: 625
Posted: 10/30/2011 2:45:42 PM
I don't think that if someone is over 30 and not dating or taken that there is something wrong with them. People live different lives so events may happen at a different time from one person to the next as some have mentioned education, maybe they where in a relationship or married and are now single.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 626
Posted: 10/30/2011 3:36:10 PM

Doesn't help that I'm 6'4 280. Women in clubs usually mistake me for one of the bouncers . . .

Dude! ...it can't be this....a lot of chicks dig bouncers! It's not your size either.... I AM a bouncer, at only 6' and 275#..... I get plenty of attention!

...its gotta be something you're doing....
Watch your demeanor, smile...be fun....don't try to be cool.
 Missy9876
Msg: 627
Posted: 11/1/2011 7:33:35 AM
I think it could be said about women as well. I have not been in a serious relationship since my divorce was final 4 years ago and people tell me all the time that it is what I'm doing wrong. I feel that people are so co-dependent that the idea of actually doing things singular is a horrifying thought. I tend to believe that there's more likely to be something wrong with the relationship hopper then the person who's comfortable facing life on their own.
 _shakti_
Msg: 628
Posted: 11/1/2011 8:15:00 AM

I tend to believe that there's more likely to be something wrong with the relationship hopper then the person who's comfortable facing life on their own.
Agreed. I call them 'leap frogs'- they can't hop from one lilly pad until there's another in site and they just keep right on a hoppin'.
 geeballin24
Msg: 629
Posted: 11/1/2011 2:00:51 PM
Maybe ur right...to a degree but something can be said even if thats true. Maybe if he is a good looking smooth talkin charmer...maybe he has now, even if its through seeing what he dont want....maybe he has a different attitude and knows what he wants and genuinely has something to offer to someone that he may have never had before and possibly would of never had if he didnt go thru what he did! Hmmm...is that smooth talkin or could it be true? He may actually be a better catch then others simply cuz he already has the tools for the job and now HE KNOWS HOW TO USE THEM! Plus he has the relationship exp to be confident in his choices and future as to how to correct some of his flaws and mistakes. Question to ask is DOES HE WANT TO CHANGE...is he really that guy or is he still the playa plya from the himalya with the flaws everyone speaks of....
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >