Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SweetLilGTP
Msg: 521
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?Page 20 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
I know "I" have issues.

WOMEN......round and round and round they go.......

when they're into me....

LAST. TO.KNOW

SweetLilGTP
Msg: 522
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?
Posted: 8/14/2011 2:14:12 PM
Insecurity was broadcast over every newspaper and tv for..like....5 yrs.

It SHOULD be over soon; where people dont distrust and hate everyone they dont know.

Let us hope?
 Cwalken78
Msg: 524
Posted: 8/14/2011 2:57:51 PM
I wouldn't think that there would be a character flaw at all ,I saw my 20's as a total experimental phase so now by my 30's I am able to see the red flags in men I date. But than again that is my opinon.

newone11
Msg: 526
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2011 4:42:44 PM
I think too much has changed for anyone to still think that way. That's a question I see would have been asked about ten or more years ago. That's a pretty antiquated way of thinking. The stats have come out and there are now more single and/or divorced people than married. However, the divorce rate has also declined. Men and woman have been marrying later for years now. People are a lot more thoughtful about marriage. And with a bad economy, folks aren't just marrying to be marrying. I think it's safe to say that with the popularity of online dating sites for just about every age group out there, being single over 30 means nothing except for the fact you are still single. There are lots of married folks out there that have plenty wrong with them, but the difference between them and any single adult over 30 is a marriage license. It's a choice you know? I could have married at 19 if I wanted. But I chose not to. Simple as that...
 NateInGA
Msg: 527
Posted: 8/14/2011 7:53:46 PM
I have to agree with OP on this... I am 36 and single... The difference between a 20 year old and a 30 year old is that we know we are flawed. In my particular case I was in a relationship for 11 years (living together not married), her choice not mine; and she eventually found someone else on facebook and left. After that I took a year to be myself again before even trying to date, hence why I am on this site in the first place...
So the question is single 30+ year old who thinks he or she is twenty is definitely a problem.
Ive found its all about what your willing to accept and what you cannot accept. I find a bigger flaw in people who discriminate based on general assumptions... Its not like I'm a 90+ hitting on 18 year olds....
LMAO
 Sunsunsun4
Msg: 528
Posted: 8/14/2011 8:21:09 PM
Speaking only for myself: I had some bad luck in that the two men I loved most, were not at all animal people. One, in fact, was so allergic that I had to shower and wash my clothes before meeting up with him. I would have had to give up too big a part of myself in order to marry either one.

So I've had close, loving, long term relationships that just had this element of bad luck. I'm not a crazy hoarder or something, either I'm talking horse pro, veterinary assistant, dog trainer. I could no sooner give up contact with animals, than stop singing.
 eaglehawk2096
Msg: 529
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2011 10:01:22 PM
hey im over 30 and if im alone for more then two days owell.its my time to relax.thats the way i look at it plus my job makes it hard for me to find someone when i work 12 hour shifts plus i dont want some one in there 20s to much drama i want some one that has grown up
 tourniquet30
Msg: 530
Posted: 8/14/2011 11:41:52 PM
I am over 30 in fact I just turned 32 last month... I am only single because it is not by my choice and I want the right girl ... I was married at a point in time but that didn't work out and that was not my choice either. I agree you should not judge a person by their age especially if you don't them or their backround.
 Wildfreefun
Msg: 531
Posted: 8/15/2011 2:48:44 PM
I'd just call them intelligent.
 prettyposh
Msg: 532
Posted: 8/18/2011 2:01:53 AM
Why would you on a dating website claiming to want a relationship if you feel it's unintelligent to be "taken"?
 Possessions
Msg: 533
Posted: 8/18/2011 2:19:34 AM
No no, there's nothing wrong with them.

There is, however, something wrong with me. That's totally irrelevant to this discussion.
 Sisyphus76
Msg: 534
Posted: 8/18/2011 7:11:01 AM

Why would you on a dating website claiming to want a relationship if you feel it's unintelligent to be "taken"?

To be funny..?

We live in an were we are more likely than not to live a healthy 80+ years. We are all, for the most part, educated and informed. Like it or not, the idea of spending your entire life with one person is very antiquated and designed for ignorant masses. Our brains are wired for monogamy, but they are also wired cycle mates in and out.

Think about this; if you live for 80 years and marry at 25, are you really going to be happy with one person for 55 years? That is a very, very long time.
 moun10dew
Msg: 535
Posted: 8/18/2011 8:45:31 AM

Think about this; if you live for 80 years and marry at 25, are you really going to be happy with one person for 55 years? That is a very, very long time.

My parents actually celebrated their 47th wedding anniversary a few months back. My no deceased grandparents hit their 50+ and so did my great grandparents. I think it's really cool! Granted they grew up in a different time when divorce rates were either very low or practically non-existent. For me however at 40 and never been married...it's likely that if I do meet someone it's not going to hit the 50 or more mark. I don't see myself living until I'm 90 and I'd have to get married in the next few years to even have a shot at getting there.
 Sisyphus76
Msg: 536
Posted: 8/18/2011 9:38:35 AM
It has been tradition for a long time to suppress self for the good of a relationship. How many times have you heard the secret to a strong marriage is two words: "Yes dear"? I don't know about you, but I cannot be happy when I'm constantly having to give in. Trust me, I have tried.

Divorce rates are high because we aren't designed to be with one person our entire lives. When someone boasts of a 40+ year marriage I only cringe at the thought of one of them destroying who they are for the sake of maintaining the marriage.
 moun10dew
Msg: 537
Posted: 8/18/2011 9:43:16 AM
then why bother getting married in the first place? seems like you might as well say up front to the other person. "I have zero desire to be with you my entire life, but I'm totally cool with being with you until I grow bored." That's really sad.
 Sisyphus76
Msg: 538
Posted: 8/18/2011 10:06:55 AM
It's not sad, it's reality. It's biology.

If you love someone, marry them. Take the stress of forever out of it and just be happy.
 moun10dew
Msg: 539
Posted: 8/18/2011 10:51:27 AM
I know most of my married friends say they feel sorry for me and that there was no way in hell they would want to have to deal with dating and all that goes with it. and I get that from both married men and women friends.
 petuniagrl23
Msg: 540
Posted: 8/18/2011 5:15:38 PM
I think there is nothing wrong with it, it actually goes both ways, maybe he's just finding the wrong women. Goes for women too. I think its natural!
 Sisyphus76
Msg: 541
Posted: 8/19/2011 6:59:20 AM

I know most of my married friends say they feel sorry for me and that there was no way in hell they would want to have to deal with dating and all that goes with it. and I get that from both married men and women friends.

Saying 'till death do we part' puts undue strain on the relationship. Look at this scientifically: most humans won't have the same spouse their whole life. Shouldn't that tell you that we weren't designed to have the same mate that long?

I honestly believe we have long outgrown the need for the act of marriage to automatically contract two people civilly.
 dispondentdream
Msg: 542
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2011 11:37:30 AM
Honestly people should be more concerned for men who are under 30 and married. I was one of them. Fact is men tend to still be boys into there twenty's and early thirty's. If a guy is 30ish and single that is a good thing. That means he calmly waited tell he was mature in order to be a good appropriate husband. Heck I was an awful husband, but I learned alot over the year's. I hate that my marriage failed, but am content and excited for the future and the possibility of getting married agine. A thing I thought I would never say in life as I always beleaved I would only have one wife for the rest of my days. One day I will be married agine, and I will be a better husband with age.
 moun10dew
Msg: 544
Posted: 8/19/2011 12:19:23 PM

I personally have wanted to wait until girls stopped being immature and stabbing each other in the back over who can get the most sex.

plan on waiting a looooooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg time then.
 countryboy5696
Msg: 545
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2011 7:11:52 PM
I agree as a 30+ member in this world we call life (ie my life too). Not enough people can stand on their own two feet for a long period of time and they expect someone else to take care of everything!
 BuddFoxx
Msg: 546
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2011 9:56:04 PM
No it's normal.
 bravehart64
Msg: 547
Posted: 8/21/2011 11:29:46 AM
Oh I like this and have to admit YES ! Gee what do you figure huh ? And so freakin what ? Where does it say everyone should fit into some mold ? Where does it say everyman has to be some freakin success story and have lots of money .Even hold a steady job as long as he works so what ? You know you are right there is something wrong with me ..

Now character flaws ? Hum I dont think so got plenty of character .Humour got that .Looks dunno to some folks yes ..Fun you bet..Mean no not me but dont yank my chain to hard .

Maybe juss maybe I dont like to BE what others mainly society dictates I am supposed to be ?

And there it is a FLAW !
 bravehart64
Msg: 548
Posted: 8/21/2011 11:34:38 AM
Countryboy :

quote :

"I agree as a 30+ member in this world we call life (ie my life too). Not enough people can stand on their own two feet for a long period of time and they expect someone else to take care of everything!"

Expect ? I must ask you WTF are you talking about ? Do you know why many cant ? And they expect others to take care of them ? Gee could you be referring to the almost 34 million disenfranchised American workers our economy shit all over ? You get dates with this sort of attitude about others ?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >