Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BACKAGAINTOTRYAGAIN
Msg: 584
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?Page 22 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
sometimes things dont work out and things happen . ithough by now id be married but have had long trem ones and i wasnt going ti marrie the wrong guy because that would make me like there something wrong with me. i dont settle for something i dont want and why should anyone.
 kinley68
Msg: 585
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?
Posted: 10/2/2011 7:38:49 PM
I'm 43 and have never been married. I have a great deal of respect for marriage but it's never been a goal. Anyone who wants to be married can be married - it's not that difficult. The reason I'm not married is because I am very selective. I think this is true of a lot of singles over 30.
 Jules7d7
Msg: 586
view profile
History
Posted: 10/5/2011 9:21:52 PM
HA! Something is "wrong" alright...those of us still single, no kids, and never married are ridiculously smart and keen on what we are looking for and are perfectly comfortable in our own skin.

Kind of makes you wonder, in fact, who started the "is there something wrong with you?" rumor that's going around?

Simply put I would rather be happy, content and successful than married, miserable, and resentful for following the status quo to avoid the stigma of being "defective" in some way shape or form.
 HPJames
Msg: 588
Posted: 10/6/2011 1:13:40 PM
Something has to be wrong.. Even less attractive people find someone eventually. Maybe some issues in the past..
 EasyPeasy72
Msg: 589
Posted: 10/6/2011 2:35:31 PM
I won't date men who are not divorced "once" most of the time, and if they even write they have not had a relationship 5 years long at minimum on their ads. they completely look like emotionally unavailable long-term players who just bed hop and never commit or truely love women.
 hammertownguy62
Msg: 590
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2011 4:08:21 PM

I won't date men who are not divorced "once" most of the time, and if they even write they have not had a relationship 5 years long at minimum on their ads. they completely look like emotionally unavailable long-term players who just bed hop and never commit or truely love women.

Never divorsed ....

I was living with my fiance ..... when she passed away ....

We met on POF .... this site does work SOMETIMES ....
 BenRockport
Msg: 591
Posted: 10/6/2011 4:50:37 PM
No more so than kids over grade 7 that didn't take grade six advanced math. its in your perspective. I think sometimes we forget to factor the diversity of attitudes and values now days and the way we interact as a result. You just can't really tell by looking at someone.
 Wise_Monk
Msg: 592
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2011 8:26:23 PM
I believe little is wrong with most of us in terms of our worthiness to find someone, at least not in the most extreme sense we'd expect. On the contrary, I say the "system" of dating in modern society is more of what's wrong in this equation. We've all bought into an ideal that doesn't work, the statistics tell us it doesn't work, we know it doesn't work because we can see the failure all around us, yet no one really talks about it much and we never rally together in some way to change it... and even if we did, who would take it seriously enough? It's a very peculiar situation that on the surface seems like no big deal, but beneath the surface is actually sitting right on the very fabric of the stability of humanity. Luckily, the entire world doesn't subscribe to the type of system of dating we have in our society.

If you're always single--and yet aware of harsh realities around you--you commonly live between two extremes. One extreme is the anger, disbelief and confusion as to why you can't find someone. The other extreme is watching so many people around you who are in relationships but are totally miserable and you feel thankful for not being in that situation. You know that the likelihood of you experiencing the same fate is high, so you take solace in that at times but it fades when you realize again that you'd be willing to take that risk just to be able to feel even for a short time what it would be like to experience the good parts of these relationships.
 Mikikal
Msg: 593
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2011 6:04:27 AM
Nothing wrong with me a good bacon slicer won't cure ;) LOL
 chris79750
Msg: 595
Posted: 10/11/2011 7:21:46 AM
I've heard the same thing before but can't take a side. I know in my case it comes down to the fact that I've either worked too much or could never pick up on hints of possibilities. The shy guy generally doesn't do well in the dating scene it seems lol.
 Saviourmachine
Msg: 596
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2011 12:46:20 PM
There is nothing at all wrong with being over 30 and single.
I think at this age we are a bit more centered, we know what we want and have our priorities set up. In our 20s we had the pressure of getting a good job, getting a family together, and amongst all that pressure we might not have made some of the best decisions

But now, things had settled down, life is good. Being single gives you more choices and gives you more opportunities to enjoy life and do things you always wanted.
 EasyPeasy72
Msg: 597
Posted: 10/13/2011 2:27:24 PM
I usually look for divorced men so I know they are a committer type! I love men in their 40's I think they are great, and I've dated down to about 5 years younger them myself, and men in their early thirties seem to be still figuring out who they are or they still want kids or are less stable in certain ways psychologically and otherwise generally. Or so that's just been my experience for the most part.
 letitbemeforever
Msg: 598
Posted: 10/13/2011 3:39:00 PM
No, I just believe that the person hasn't found the one that is compatible with them yet; Although, sometimes it could be that there is still immaturity issues as well.
 letitbemeforever
Msg: 599
Posted: 10/13/2011 3:41:26 PM
EasyPeasy...I agree with you. I have only ever dated guys my age (32) and they are exactly what you described. It's a bit disappointing! I have an age preference but by the looks of it I might need to step it up a bit :P
 WanderingRain
Msg: 600
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2011 9:22:10 PM
Feh. People will assume what they want to assume. And let them. If they assume wrongly, then who loses, right? Them.
Having had 2 wonderful relationships under my belt, I can say I am ok with being single now forever. It just hasn't worked out for whatever reason and both my ex's have been good women. We just are different people with different priorities in life, is all.
We found that out in the course of our relationship and we decided to call it quits (rather than pretend everything is a-ok when it is not).
 donquijotedelamancha
Msg: 601
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2011 2:02:02 PM
hey i'm way over 30 single but why get married if i haven't find that one i rathe by on my own that settle for less
 donquijotedelamancha
Msg: 602
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2011 2:05:20 PM
have you consider that cut be where you live man have the tendency to be a bit clouse mind it?
 Enygmatyzm
Msg: 603
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2011 10:50:06 PM
They have to be good looking? I am not good looking and am single after 30. What would that say about someone like me? Undateable? Maybe Jerry Seinfeld was right. 4-6% is the dateable population? Also, if 30 is the cutoff, dear God are we in trouble. Just remember, there really is no rule of thumb about these things. People break up every day. Even people who have been together for years. Things happen. Some guys are very picky, some just don't want to be bogged down by a relationship, some are busy solving the world's problems, curing wasting diseases..."lands a crippled airplane, solves great mysteries".....Is there something wrong with them if they are just too busy to settle down? I am not one to settle, down or any other way. I intend on living my life until I can't. Traveling the world, writing for psychological journals (I'm a psychologist), experiencing everything that I have yet to. I would prefer to have a woman at my side to experience this with, but if I don't have one I am not going to take a mundane job that I hate to support kids I don't want with a woman I don't love. If that means that there is something wrong with me, then mark me with the scarlet letter...of course, your post singled out good looking guys, who I suppose are born without ambition.

That last line was a joke BTW. My sense of humor is much more effective in person.
 jwarren35
Msg: 604
Posted: 10/18/2011 12:32:23 PM
I am almost 30. I would have been married and pregnant like I wanted if I had stayed in my old life but I did not because I was not blissfully happy and I thought I deserved better.
I believe those who're not married and 30+ either have been busy, have a good story to tell OR just haven't met that person.
 Sunshinydays
Msg: 605
Posted: 10/18/2011 9:11:18 PM
Hahaha, if anyone ever considered me damaged goods I would laugh in their face!
 cin____dy
Msg: 606
Posted: 10/18/2011 9:43:26 PM
Depends on his life experiences. He could be a late bloomer. Or he could have been engaged or with someone a long time and didn't work out. When men get in the over 40 range though it gets a little harder to justify.
 lovestoscuba
Msg: 607
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2011 11:58:08 PM
B>s I dont believe that in 2 more years if I dont find her. I will become an angry hermit!
 cin____dy
Msg: 609
Posted: 10/19/2011 8:37:50 PM
Lovetoscuba, don't think you have to worry about that, you have plenty of time.
 wildlifelover1979
Msg: 610
Posted: 10/20/2011 8:05:07 AM
I am 32, still single, never been married, no kids, have a full-time job and a vehicle, but because I work night shift, live with my parents, and still in debt paying back student loans women think I am not a committer and not financial stable plus a mommy's boy. It really upsets me! I may not look like tom cruise or brad pitt but at least I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs or stay out all night not telling people where I went.
 Miss W
Msg: 611
Posted: 10/20/2011 10:51:56 AM
I'm pushing 52 and have never married. I find that I'm having the last laugh as very few of my friends are happily encumbered. I've had opportunities to be otherwise, but it just didn't feel right. Best to go with your gut than to do what you are "supposed to do".
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >