Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 762
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?Page 24 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
Haha I'm in us n I'm stuck in old ways. If guy still expect me to wear hills dressed makeup he can do asking. Although man should me equal with women I'm still a girl n if u find me intresting enough jyst ask. It was like that for yrs n yes n I don't think it should be changed. I have more class then ask a guy lol
 DomG79
Msg: 763
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?
Posted: 3/24/2013 9:14:57 PM

I have more class then ask a guy lol

So you feel being an assertive woman shows lack of class? You'd find what you are looking for in Iran, except for they have beards too.
 BEasy1111
Msg: 764
Posted: 3/27/2013 8:11:16 PM
Wow PickMe007 really dropped some knowledge I enjoyed reading it. I think it is natural to look at a male or female over 30 and generalize in a defense mechanism and ask yourself why isn't he or she taken? there must be something wrong with them. Just like seeing a great deal on a car and being like why hasn't someone bought that yet, there must be something wrong with it. When we do this, of course, there is a possibility that the person may have issues. But also you have to look at the alternate side and consider the intricate possibilities that all add up... ie ,education, long relationships that didn't go all the way, military service, or just has not been there time. I find myself a once stud, that believes that he still is a stud, ex Army Paratrooper and college basketball player, feeling that the simple mention of my age provokes unattractiveness. I have had quite a bit younger women very forwardly hitting on me recently because I look young, but as soon as my roommate blurted out that I was 30 it stopped immediately. Its more of a stereotype or psychological wall off some sort.
 JenSnider
Msg: 765
Posted: 3/27/2013 8:24:30 PM
I do have to admit that when I see men who are over the age of 40 and have never been married it does make me wonder about them. Not that there's anything "wrong" with them, but it makes me question their attitude towards marriage and commitment.
 LoveBeautifulDays
Msg: 766
Posted: 3/28/2013 2:30:21 PM
I believe people are single until God sends them the right one
Some are taken because they have the right one
Some are taken because they have done things there own way (which usually doesnt work out)
 K0BAL
Msg: 767
Posted: 3/28/2013 4:37:57 PM
I am posting this because it was said on another message board that if a man is single and over the age of 30 and good looking, there has got to be some character flaw or some reason why he is not taken....

What is everyone elses general view on this? Do you find that there has got to be "something" wrong if someone looks in every other way a good catch, yet still hasn't settled down?

I run into this judgemental question all the time, it kinda brings me down that I am judged in such a way and treated rude, callous ect. Maybe they lost their mate and it has taken them many years to recover and even consider dating again....maybe huh?
 JenSnider
Msg: 768
Posted: 3/28/2013 4:50:34 PM

I run into this judgemental question all the time, it kinda brings me down that I am judged in such a way and treated rude, callous ect. Maybe they lost their mate and it has taken them many years to recover and even consider dating again....maybe huh?

I'll add to that. Maybe they walked away from an abusive relationship before they complicated things by getting married and having children.
 lightningman1
Msg: 769
Posted: 3/28/2013 6:35:41 PM
There is nothing wrong with us.
We are not all programmed to have to follow any social trend.
 lightningman1
Msg: 770
Posted: 3/28/2013 6:36:01 PM
There is nothing wrong with us.
We are not all programmed to have to follow any social trend.
 Genuine4289
Msg: 771
Posted: 3/29/2013 2:32:08 PM
I think it depends on the focus. If the guy is working towards a goal making sure he is not distracted, then nothing can be said about his character. If it is some lazy dude who has not done anything with his life, of course! Either way, looks can get you in the door, but intellect and wit will keep you in the door.
 thisfellahere
Msg: 772
Posted: 3/29/2013 5:43:38 PM
long and interesting and absolutely correct!!!! its almost like you described my life. im 34 and your theory of turning 31 and whatever and its too late after 33 is spot on.
 braveheart106
Msg: 773
Posted: 3/29/2013 7:01:20 PM
There is really no formula for when someone should be taken. We all run into different life situations that make us single.

WE learn from it but at the same time, we become a bit more picky from those life experiences. Some people are lucky to find the right person who is equally willing to put in the effort while others don't find this person.

I don't think there is anything wrong just things happen for some people early and for some later :)
 AstroCat505
Msg: 775
Posted: 3/30/2013 11:36:39 AM
Maybe it's because I'm stubborn and not/never have been willing to just settle for what's come my way. Maybe it's because I had some goals I wanted to achieve and places I wanted to see before I settled down. Or maybe it's because it just wasn't in my cards. Who really knows...

My father told me once that a person isn't ready to marry until they are at least 30 years old. The reason he cited is because there are to many lessons to be learned that are needed to mature and metally fortify a person to be in a married relationship.

Look at the current statistics on divorce. Most of those marriages were between young people who weren't prepared mentally to take that leap.

In the same idea, most people aren't prepared to be parents until they are ready to be in a lasting long term relationship. Therefore the majority of females on this and other dating sites are single mothers who chose too hastily to have kids and get married.

This isn't your grandparents era of relationships. Things have changed drastically. Women have been liberated and are treated as mens equals...(maybe they should be assertive and start making the first move more often and end the "men should be the aggressor" idea)...

At the same time, look at the state of society... It's not bread basket situation for relationships anymore... I smell a revolution in the air these days...
 lightningman1
Msg: 776
Posted: 3/30/2013 9:35:36 PM
Moongroove"I like to ask everyone if they are over 30 and if so, are they not taken or have kids...if they say no, then I point and laugh at them for being a failure as a person for not keeping up with expectations of society, and I can only assume they are a bad dangerous person to be shunned and spit on."

I have never been taken and never had kids.
Guess i better run for the hills then!!!!!!
I must be the most Dangerous person around town hahaha..
 ryuoki
Msg: 777
Posted: 3/31/2013 9:06:43 AM

This isn't your grandparents era of relationships. Things have changed drastically. Women have been liberated and are treated as mens equals...(maybe they should be assertive and start making the first move more often and end the "men should be the aggressor" idea)...

Women want their cake and to eat it too. Times have changed and this video below says quite a bit of how feminism has drastically hurt men in general. Someone in the forums posted this so I am just spreading it. Coming from a man it would be poopoo'd on and dismissed. But coming from a woman it puts more light on it and an increased perspective. Women though are not treated as mens equals and this video hits on that subject.

http://youtu.be/rlvMAS_20K4
 Kristan_80
Msg: 778
Posted: 4/1/2013 4:34:20 AM
Here's the thing...I thought so for a while. But I was 19 when I got engaged - we were together from when we were 16 until 22; thankfully we never got married because we would have been divorced by 25. I got into my second serious relationship at 23 - and I thought that was great until I turned 30 and he kept stalling on marriage and kids. So instead of wasting another 7 years of my life waiting - I broke that off too. I know some people who are married over 30 and are miserable...

So the real question is..people over 30 who aren't single and settled so they wouldn't be...are they happy?
 BrDoubleOklyn
Msg: 779
Posted: 4/5/2013 1:58:22 AM
Personally I wouldn't assume that.
 dustin8228
Msg: 780
Posted: 4/6/2013 1:17:55 AM
Nice guys finish last
 mrnova66
Msg: 781
Posted: 4/6/2013 2:04:49 AM
I agree^^^^^You are new here.Women in general could careless about a good guy.You will read on these threads that a man can be too nice..You will be classified as a doormat for being nice. You see nice does not cut it anymore. On average a POS two time loser out of prison has a better chance than a good guy.My advise to you is to read more of these threads.You will read what you just enforce.Women do not want a good guy.Then there are some that will come on here and say just because a man is stable does not mean anything is owe to him.Well i agree,But just because a man that is a drama king(Drunk,drug addict,jailbird,lazy bum,convict)does not mean anything is owe to him either. There are no shortage of women that love these losers,,,
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 782
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2013 5:40:09 AM
Another, perhaps at least equally factual thought about this:

YES, PEOPLE OVER THIRTY THAT ARE NOT TAKEN, HAVE SOMETHING WRONG WITH THEM.

At face value, of COURSE we are defective. My wife wouldn't have divorced me if I were perfect, unless I were so perfect that it was the same as being completely defective (think about it, it's true).

Therefore the correct answer to give, if we are asked if there's something wrong with us, such that we don't have a mate right now, is YES. There is something wrong with us. The only question is, whether WHAT is wrong with us, happens to to be a problem for the person we are hoping to get on with, or not. I listed some of my own "defects" in my profile, as others have, in order to save people the time of finding out the hard way about those things, and wasting my time as well as theirs.

Oh, and by the way, don't overlook what should be obvious as well:

If you are LOOKING for someone over thirty who is not taken, unless you are yourself either married and cheating, or dangerously under age, or very old and looking for relatively young "strange," then YOU are one of the "something wrong with them" people yourself.

Therefore the complete answer is, Yes, of course, but so what?
 braveheart106
Msg: 783
Posted: 4/6/2013 9:59:46 AM
Doesn't everyone have something wrong in them in a way or shape? Then it depends on the gravity of the 'bad'

We are all imperfect beings but society has changed. I'm glad that there is equality between men and women. Now I wish women would also make the first move (i'm sure some do)

So we all have something wrong with us. Love is about finding someone imperfect and falling in love with them
 bradster1979
Msg: 784
Posted: 4/27/2013 5:58:22 AM
To answer the OP question, YES something is wrong with them! (Before the flames, I’m over 30 and count myself in this “group”)

Met quite a few off here or in person (dates). Each experience it was immediately apparent or shortly discovered there after why. Moody/bossy, higher than normal expectations, weird, inexperienced at communicating, I could go on.

Bottom line, if you’re over 30, especially no children. There is a reason. Don’t believe me? Let actions speak louder than words, just pick someone and go on a date off here. Then meet a couple more. Then tell me some of the shocking out there craziness you experienced, that no one would believe because it would sound farfetched (which is why I didn’t go in to detail on my experiences).

While I haven’t found one yet. Ideally I would like to date someone that was married, for a decent duration of time, at least 5+ years. You at least know they have experience on what works, what doesn’t and knows what it takes to have a relationship. Really hard to find however, still haven’t dated one that I at least found attractive.

In retrospect, I’m over 30. Without children. I was married for eight years, the two closes people to me ran off together (my wife and best friend) out of the blue. This is the part where someone would cry, why me “I did everything right”. No I didn’t. If the two closest people in your life did that to you, then you or I did something wrong.

Point is, I don’t know what it was. I could make that unknown mistake again, that’s why I’m single, and that’s why I’m in the non-datable 30’s bracket. Until I smarten up and figure out why, I’ll always be here. So will others unless they figure out their issues and why exactly they find themselves in the single situation.
 mrnova66
Msg: 785
Posted: 4/27/2013 8:17:16 AM
Have you thought that some people like myself choose to be single^^^^^^^^And please do not tell me there is anything wrong with that.Just because a person chooses not to go from one miserable relationship to another miserable relationship that there is something wrong with that..I can not speak for you,But most people i know that chooses to be single are happy.And most people i know that have to be in a relatioship to live life are that most miserable people i have ever met in my lifetime.These people are so full of drama it would make DAYS OF OUR LIVES soap opera look tame in comparison...
 rocking ritschel
Msg: 786
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2013 8:19:53 AM
I AM so sick if hearing nice guys finish last! While it might be true jesus cripes there is no shortage of negativity here! I'm a nice guy and even tho I dont currently have a gf or wife,I do have a great full time job,own my house have a bunch of bikes and a car n truck that I own free an clear.I treat people w respect and care and if a woman cant see that she can then have the damn prison thug as she doesnt deserve a nice guy.
 lightningman1
Msg: 787
Posted: 4/27/2013 8:58:31 AM
rocking ritschel-I AM so sick if hearing nice guys finish last! While it might be true jesus cripes there is no shortage of negativity here! I'm a nice guy and even tho I dont currently have a gf or wife,I do have a great full time job,own my house have a bunch of bikes and a car n truck that I own free an clear.I treat people w respect and care and if a woman cant see that she can then have the damn prison thug as she doesnt deserve a nice guy.

I Totally agree .Sick of hearing about the domestic battered woman thats keeps going back for more.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >