Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 UniquelyPassionateCandy
Msg: 638
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?Page 24 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
I don't think there is necessarily anything wrong with any person who is still single at any age....But I wonder why it seems so bad all the time to be single past 30? or why everybody makes it out to be so bad. I myself have been single for almost 6 years, so half my 20's and now into my 30's...I don't think there is anything wrong with me for being single...And everybody has different reasons for being single. For the first few years, I chose to be single...Now that I choose to not to want to be single, it's finding that person for me. And not lowering my standards or settling just to get rid of the "single"...
Msg: 639
view profile
History
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?
Posted: 11/9/2011 11:52:15 AM

But I wonder why it seems so bad all the time to be single past 30?

Because fertility drops, and it is all the more difficult to find a compatible partner as more of one's peers have gotten married. The market is at its best the greater number of options are available.
 moun10dew
Msg: 641
Posted: 11/10/2011 6:59:22 AM
Don't know if it's just me...but it's not the being single that I find wrong with people....it's the people that can't deal with doing stuff on their own because they are single. I have friends that would rather sit at home and download a movie that is in the theater and watch it on their tv than actually go to a movie because they fear how people look at them. They won't go to dinner...they won't go to movies...they won't go to concerts. The only things they will go outside the house for if they are going solo are to go to the store or go to the bar.

Maybe I'm the odd one....while it would be wonderful to have someone to do stuff with, I do a ton of stuff by myself because I don't have anyone to do that stuff with. The only exception for me on the solo route is travel. I hate traveling alone...unless it's for business. I don't know why people have such a fear of going out on a regular basis by themselves and fear how people will look at them. They are letting people they don't even know control their lives when they do that.
 11brad11
Msg: 642
Posted: 11/12/2011 2:39:05 PM
Im single and 43. I've been married twice. Got two kids from my first marriage. I was a single father for over ten years. I did the old go with someone for a few months than break up. Im totally sick of that. It would be nice to have a woman in my life but I just haven't run across any. Is there something wrong with me. Probably. I'm definitely ugly witch makes it hard. As I get older it becomes easier not to care if I find someone or not. I know I'm a good man because I've done good things. If that isn't how to attract a good woman than o well. At least I have had some love in my life. It might be time to quit caring about love. These days its like chasing butterflies anyways. Ill keep trying though. I just don't see why I should let it effect me
 GatorGuy40
Msg: 643
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2011 9:52:55 PM
Which is actually worse, a guy is over 40 single and never married. Or a guy whose been married and divorced multiple times? Both can or may not say about the situations surrounding why the person hasn't found true love. Maybe the single guy came from a divorced family (me) and doesn't want to go through the same things and is more cautious. Maybe the guy whose been married multiple times though he found the love of his/her life and found out they were not compatible. So to say if you are over 40 and never married raises flags is not fair!
 WreckLoose
Msg: 644
Posted: 11/13/2011 5:27:53 AM
There is no question about it. If a man is beyond thirty or forty years of age, single, good looking and never married you must avoid him at all costs! There must be some hidden issue that has made him this way. You must continue to make assertions and assumptions for why this man acts this way. Remember, if he doesn't think or act like you, he is a horrible, despicable human being who must be discarded.

Or not.
 mrnova66
Msg: 645
Posted: 11/13/2011 4:51:15 PM
I agree 100% Then these same women worship the ground a man that has been married 4 or 5 times..Has kids all over the world that have not paid one dime in child support(Deadbeat),But meanwhile back at the ranch they have problems with a guy that has his crap together.
 fixwhenbroke
Msg: 646
Posted: 11/13/2011 5:54:39 PM
You know sometimes the man is a single parent who refuses to bring some one new into the childs life. You want to give the children the best chance of a good life.
i no i refused to confuse my daughter any more than the dicorce already had.
the worse part is after several years you look up and they are grown and gone then you are alone and to old for bar scene.
that said i think i did the correct thing, so i am not damaged just set in my ways
 Lucky7ca1
Msg: 647
Posted: 11/13/2011 6:01:03 PM
You know what....i think it is down right rude that some people in today's society look at most 30 yr old's and consider them damaged, no good, and down right done. Well let me tell you all something i am only 37 years old and i consider myself to be in great shape and good health. So my major question is??????????????????????Why don't women find me appealing? I have had relationships in the past and they have ended rather hurtful,but not my fault..and other relationships have ended on a mutual level.
Someone please answer this question...thank you
 singledude75
Msg: 648
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2011 2:19:43 AM
I am over 30, and I seem to attract women who are far too picky. They have some preset requirements of what they want and it has to either be 100% or so long, fella. We all have ideas of what we are looking for, but no one is ever 100%. Me, I'm not very tall, not short either. I'm no hottie but I'm not exactly ugly either. If I do have a character flaw it would be that I am reserved on a first date. I don't like pressure even though I feel pressure, so I play it down by just being me and not talking her ear off. Some women think I'm not interested in them, some are just not interested in me.

The internet is both a blessing and a curse. It is a new way to meet people. but the problem I have had with online dating when it comes to the women I have met is that they think "hey, if I can get this guy's attention, maybe I can do even better with another guy online." And they end up going from one guy to another, to another, to another.

I'm sure there are some very nice single women who are honestly looking for a real relationship, and I hope to find one of those women who will like me for me. That seems pretty hopeless now. Especially when you move to a new city and you don't know anyone.
 nhgirlinvegas
Msg: 650
Posted: 11/19/2011 10:47:23 PM
Singledude75, Your so right about the women. I wouldn't so much as say I am like that..more so I know what kind of man I am mentally and physically attracted to and if I am not feeling it, then why waste anyone's time.
Also, I read your profile.. I like the way you think and also your profile was well written.. however it might help u find someone that you like to respond back if you had a picture up. I am just saying.. I know when a man doesn't have pic, I can be a bit weary. Even if the profile is well written! But good luck to you=)

As for the being over 30.. besides it sucking..lol I think if a man is over 30 never married and no kids I say sign me up..it means I don't have to deal with baby mama drama or ex issue's.. JK.. but really.. I've never been married.. I have a 19yr old daughter and was in 2 long term relationships.. I just never felt marriage was for me (then) So I don't think there is anything wrong with men never marrying or having children.
 JediCutie
Msg: 651
Posted: 11/19/2011 11:58:49 PM
Shy! Extremely, extremely shy. I think that's my main problem.
 Home_for_30
Msg: 652
Posted: 11/20/2011 11:45:34 PM
Gosh..why do you have to be 'taken' to not have something wrong with. I know a ton of taken people that need to be taken...somewhere away from me! haha And life doesn't even start until 30...gets better at 40!
 nhgirlinvegas
Msg: 653
Posted: 11/21/2011 9:26:57 PM
Jedicutie.. I am really shy also. So I can understand what your saying. I am only shy till about half hour of meeting, then I can loosen up.. but I can't make myself make the first move.. Maybe I am also afraid of rejection, but either way I just can't do it=)
Even when I am trying to be just a nice person and friendly.. I think in the back of my head, oh my god does this person think I am hitting on them, just because its my personality to be nice to everyone..
 professorjjd
Msg: 654
Posted: 11/22/2011 1:35:26 AM
Just turning 41 on nov 27th, and been single all my life, never came even close to marrying, never had a kid, longest relationship was probably between 3 and 5 months, not sure. Nothing is wrong with me(besides the fact of being dirt poor of course), the way I see it, something major is wrong with the world around me, without a doubt.. Shallow, materialistic, petty, plastic, greedy, and the list goes on.. I believe MOST american women fit these terms.. So i'll likely remain by myself until whenever my time comes.. This world is truly screwed I believe..
 ricky3748
Msg: 655
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2011 1:44:19 AM
Myself, reson why im not married or,found someone,because of my life style,female want man at home 24/7,not on the road,everyone jump to conclusion,but don't take for granted that there nothing wrong with guy,or girl,it take very special gal to be with
that kind of guy,girl,that what I see,inconclusion,you should get too know the person before you judge him,he could be the one.
Rick
 Home_for_30
Msg: 656
Posted: 11/24/2011 7:28:26 PM
Just told a female friend of mine that is not on POF about this forum...she's 44 and single like me. And she made a few very smart comment. On some level, there very well could be something 'wrong' with them. And yes, them could include you...and me! She started out by saying think of it as Dodge Ball as a kid...the most athletic and quick were choosen first...then worked it's way down to the 'fat kid' at the end. Is there something wrong with that kid? In this arena, yes...he/she isn't as fast or athletic as the others...maybe he/she is the smartest, but it doen't matter for this game. Ofcourse, once picked they could become the star...but that's for another story. You could argue maybe they don't want to play...but I think it's in our genes to want to play with others. But if we feel we can't win or bet competitive...maybe we take ourselves out of the 'game'. I am 44 and single, and I am sure some of it is due to my own faults...faults that make me unattractive to others. They don't have to be physical either. And I can run down the list of women I have dated over 30 and tell you why I moved on...and other guys have too, on them. Her and I both agree that there isn't anything wrong with being single. But the 'it's them, not me' mindset can only go on for so long. Oh, my fault? I am distant, both emotionally and physically...I work overseas and do not want any type of relationship. Her's, damaged goods...won't trust after her ex left her. So, yes...we are single and there is something wrong with us...sorta speaking. :)
Msg: 657
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2011 10:50:14 PM
Absolutely... No matter how many inscrutable interactions I have with the opposite sex, my go-to conclusion is that I have misunderstood the social exchange.
And the bottom line is that I'm single over 30 because I have never managed mutual attraction with a woman since my senior year of high school. The constant in every scenario is me.
 forums1
Msg: 658
Posted: 11/24/2011 11:15:56 PM
Of course there's something wrong with "us"!

Now, those people that have been married & divorced 3x by age 30, have 7 kids by 4 different fathers... yup, those are "a picture of mental health".

Seriously, if you look hard enough there's something "wrong" with just about everyone, they've got some baggage or little family quirks that don't mesh with yours or... who knows. If you spend time focusing on "whats wrong with them", I'm sure you can find "fault" with just about everyone.
 Countrygent80
Msg: 659
Posted: 11/25/2011 5:02:39 PM
there is nothing wrong with it. im over 30 and have jsut found someone. for some ppl that work alot and dont have much time for the dating scene, may find it hard to date. so i therefore see nothing wrong with it
 C_N2011
Msg: 660
Posted: 11/25/2011 6:29:38 PM
Yes. We are all on the same ride and living different living situations. Therefore why should it be
a stigma that a man, good looking over 30, has flaws. We women serve the same dish. We all can not
predict our life choices and outcomes.
 snakenamedjoe
Msg: 663
Posted: 12/2/2011 1:21:31 AM
I remember when I was a child attending a wedding. The woman had been married 5 times, the man had never been married.

As they were walking down the isle, I heard the woman say to the man - "Doesn't it worry you that I've been through 5 marriages?"

and he replied, "Doesn't it worry you that I've never been married?"

So, yeah, is there something wrong with people who've been divorced? Some horrible character flaw that ruined their marriage? Is there something wrong with people who've never been married? Some horrible character flaw that kept them from finding love?

Come on. Give people the benefit of the doubt. Judge them for who they are. At least wait for them to do something wrong before you decide there's something wrong with them.
 StealthyNinjaKitty
Msg: 664
Posted: 12/2/2011 10:03:16 AM
Yes, there's absolutely something wrong with us.
But you'll have to come to the dark side to find out...

Seriously? Why does everything have to be a potential "red flag"? Sure, some of us are jaded, cynical, bitter. Some of us are recovering "burn victims." Some of us just haven't found the right person, or refuse to settle for less than what we feel we deserve. Some of us are content to remain single.

And some of us are optimistic and hopeful that there's a person out there who will love us and won't hold our age or our flaws against us...
 redsox322
Msg: 666
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2011 7:01:20 AM
Yep there is something wrong with me. Ima tad bitter. Anyone would be if every single time they liked a guy they got put in the friend zone or found out he liked someone else lol or went back to an ex. I get the men noone wants.
 Ross0024
Msg: 667
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2011 9:47:27 PM
Maybe, but I'm 33 and recently divorced. My wife was cheating on me so I divorced her. I guess there might be something wrong with me but I won't put up with cheaters. I guess it all depends on what that person has gone through to make them single and are over the age of 30. Right? Let me know your thoughts.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >