Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mrnova66
Msg: 788
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?Page 25 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
I agree with the last 2 posts. And these exact same women will use a good/nice guy to build her ego..After all she is not getting it from Mr.abuser or Mr.Drama king(drunk,drug addict,bum,jailbird) But meanwhile back at the ranch she sticks with these winners.There is no love lost for these women.To me they deserve everything she gets from Mr.exciting.It is karma at its best.Remember!!! Opposites do not attract.There are reasons why women go after these winners.Any smart good/nice guy can figure these POS out real fast.All these women do is yap those lips about all the drama kings she has been with and any self respecting nice/good guy is running real fast from this woman.She gets what she deserves and then some.It is just a shame some good/nice guys are a little slow about looking for the warning signs.Just not this guy.I see these POS a mile away.I am long gone from that intersection.She can use the next chump.
 y0uandi
Msg: 789
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?
Posted: 4/27/2013 11:12:07 AM

if a man is single and over the age of 30 and good looking, there has got to be some character flaw or some reason why he is not taken....

When a man is single in his 30's - he's obviously got issues, baggage, major character flaws, maybe he's a total pervert. He's a loner, has no friends, women don't like anything about him etc

When a woman is single in her 30's - she's strong, independent, hard working, knows what she wants out of life and out of her man, she doesn't settle etc

Point being is that too many people are reading too much crap on the internet, forums and magazines about how to date, who to date, when to date etc.
 lightningman1
Msg: 790
Posted: 4/27/2013 10:42:37 PM
Aa an example i went to see one i my many favourite bands last night the original line up of 'Black Sabbath' well nearly original except for the drummer.

Point i am making that it actually hit me is that i had such a good time from the moment i left the house to unlocking the front door at the end of the night.Have not had such a positive happy feeling for a while.

That if enjoying these things at my age is deemed to be seen as e.g Weird,Different,Something wrong with me.
Then so be it.

I have gone out on a few dates just as many you could count on 1 hand.And never enjoyed it felt out of my depth and misreable by the end of the night.The Dating game has never been fun for me.You are always being judged on what you look like.

I would pay good money to watch my favourite Bands in place of a date anyday.
At least there is 99.9% chance i will leave with a smile on my face.

mmmmm What a wierdo!!!!! hahahaha.
 y0uandi
Msg: 791
Posted: 4/28/2013 10:09:31 AM

You are always being judged on what you look like

..well of course you are, it's all about what a person looks like, always has been what a person looks like and always will be what a person looks like. Anyone who says other wise is just a lair.
 KatarzynaLuiza
Msg: 793
Posted: 5/3/2013 4:54:17 AM
It has to be something wrong with me since no guy want to be with me in relationship
 Bluegold007
Msg: 794
Posted: 5/3/2013 7:20:34 AM

It has to be something wrong with me since no guy want to be with me in relationship

Perhaps your standards are too high in the physical department? Lots of average women on here way,way way over rate their attractiveness and wonder why the hot guys aren't into them. Your just chasing guys that don't find you attractive. Work on that maybe
 rocking ritschel
Msg: 795
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2013 1:59:11 PM
Wow hugs kat.if i lived by you id date you in a second,I think your highly attractive.alot of peoples standards are too high or too pickeon.some have attitude problens they fail to realize an get help for.some of us just havent found the right person and arent willing to settle for less nor should you.
 1trueprince81
Msg: 796
Posted: 5/19/2013 8:54:54 AM
see comments like that are the reason men over 30 are single because we are " damaged goods" but when you have been single for almost 4 years it's hard to meet a date. I haven't had a date in 4 years and I believe in chivalry so women you should try to be less judge-mental and think a guy could be as he seems. Don't over analyze us we hate that I have talk to many guys and that is one thing all men hate is when you women judge us by stupid stuff you have gone though in the past. guess what it's in the past. Men are not perfect but it's finding that man/woman who has the flaws you can live with how damaged is he if he has a bank account of over a few millon dollars?
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 797
Posted: 5/20/2013 7:42:40 AM
Regarding what bluegold said aboutl average women overrating their attractiveness, the very same thing can be said of average men . .funny how the most critical comments come from those profiles without pictures.
 Bluegold007
Msg: 798
Posted: 5/20/2013 7:59:43 AM
Hey poster above, I agree some guys over rate their apperance as well. Heck, i'm a guy and i'm content with being average looking. I don't see the need to over rate myself. In response to no pic, simple, i'm only here for the forums and besides i take horrible pics,lol. They're embarassing if anything. Both genders over estimate their looks. However, i do think over estimate their expectations when in return, they don't have alot to offer a guy. So the real question is... What do you ladies have to offer? Your standards are so high
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 799
Posted: 5/20/2013 8:02:47 AM
Yep, and so am I . .only here for the forums. And what do you men have to offer? Your standards are also too high.
 Bluegold007
Msg: 800
Posted: 5/20/2013 8:10:12 AM

Your standards are also too high

Not true. Sure we gotta be physicaly attracted to you, same goes for you women wanting men's good looks. But do we expect you to make alot as in at least 70k a year? Or have an office type job, white collar? Simple answer no. Women though expect white collar men, making 70k a year and he has to be an 7 and above.

I have alot to offer, best friendship, compaion,security, faithfullness, I have a clean bill of health, I don't have kids, but willing to start a family with the right gal.

Fact- Guys are less picky than women
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 801
Posted: 5/20/2013 11:16:51 AM
Sorry, but what are you basing this on. .most women expect men making $70 k and above? The men I have had relationships with . .I don't go asking them what they make. As long as they are financially responsible (I am, or I wouldn't be asking for someone that is ), educated (this doesn't always translate to a degree), treat me and everyone else with respect, and as long as I'm attracted to them. I don't rate them, either. Someone's 7 could be someone's lower number.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 802
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2013 9:20:34 AM
(op)

I am posting this because it was said on another message board that if a man is single and over the age of 30 and good looking, there has got to be some character flaw or some reason why he is not taken....

What is everyone elses general view on this? Do you find that there has got to be "something" wrong if someone looks in every other way a good catch, yet still hasn't settled down?

During my life, I've heard some ditsy-azzed logic about men and women, from men and women, and this is just part of that. It could be true in some instances, but not any more than in other different kinds of instances, and not that you should observe or rely on this wanna-be rule-of-thumb and think that there's ever any appreciable probability that this is the case.
 rocking ritschel
Msg: 803
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2013 7:46:51 PM
Hmmmm I always wondered what people really ment when they ask for someone educated?I dont have a college degree and am highly intelligent and well versed on many subject matters and genres.
 Way2funny
Msg: 804
Posted: 6/28/2013 4:42:41 PM
Maybe years ago but if you factor in all the ways we are now steered to get jobs and travel and "find ourselves" it makes sense that many women and men are still not taken. Also too, the ones that hooked up at birth are divorcing at 30-something. So the grass isn't always greener. Older folks maybe took more time to figure out how to do it right by watching friends, family and coworkers kinda do it wrong for a bit. Now that's not a catch all. Lots 'o folks are um.. Single for a reason.
 Lone-Loser
Msg: 805
Posted: 6/28/2013 11:27:06 PM
well.. ya...

There is 'some other reason' hes not taken. It is not a small list of 'reasons' Can be anything.

too many people are too quick to decide its 'from this bullet list' because those are the types THEY have encountered simply because those are the types they LET themselves encounter(And avoid, subconsciously, the rest)

And yes, maybe there is 'something wrong' with those of us 30+ who are untaken, but that 'wrong' thing isn't always (Is rarely) a 'bad' thing (That might be hard to understand i guess, but point is, there are an infinite amount of reasons someone could be single, at ANY age. Stereotyping it into a list of 'must be's' isn't fair to them or you)
 FloridaRes123
Msg: 806
Posted: 7/7/2013 11:56:43 AM

too many people are too quick to decide its 'from this bullet list' because those are the types THEY have encountered simply because those are the types they LET themselves encounter(And avoid, subconsciously, the rest)

Yeah, I have seen some "lists" that go on for a page and a half on these dating profiles. It seems some people are deliberately looking for a reason not to date someone and it's usually over something insignificant.
 intreeg
Msg: 807
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2013 7:36:08 AM
I'm 33 and consider myself a very good catch. I'm emotionally stable, well-educated from relatively prestigious universities, successful, self-made, ambitious, and single. I've been in 4 long-term relationships that did not include marriage but were headed that way when things turned south. I only delayed marriage because I wanted to be responsible and stable before doing so. I feel like I'm being punished for it. In fact, I've been cheated on by every one of my exes. I understand that I may have done something to make them want to go out and cheat, but none of them would help me understand what, nor was I given any warning. And now, I haven't dated a woman over 30 who isn't damaged in some way and that is a strong reason why I haven't been able to finally settle down despite wanting to. You tell me, are all women over 30 damaged? It stands to reason that single people in their 30's might having something wrong with them- but I think I'm still single because I'm one of a few that has something right with him.
 mlima
Msg: 808
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2013 9:17:33 AM
Not true on the character flaw issues!!! I divorced in 2002 and have dated on and off. I am single to this day. I guess for me i am concentrating on the daughter for two more years then graduation!!! So to answer that statement about a character flaw if your single and over thirty i would say to consider the source of that statement and you will find your answer!!! Perfectly happy here!!!
 af895
Msg: 810
Posted: 7/20/2013 1:16:49 PM
I'd wager many (most?) people who are over 30 and single were, at some point in time, "not single." Why would we assume these people suddenly become "broken" when they find themselves single again, over 30? Everyone's got a history.

Man, I didn't realize how important it is for someone to have a car :D

I got rid of mine when I moved to a city with excellent public transportation and don't miss it a bit. I also don't expect a man to drive me around, I can get around just fine on my own :)

I've noticed too how many people view car ownership as a deal breaker.

I think I understand why people post that as a red flag: they don't want to be around people who expect to be chauffeured. When I owned a car, I resented people assuming I would drive them around. (especially when they didn't offer to kick in a few dollars for gas) I ditched the car recently and am now a member of a car-share program so I get around fine without help and often turn down rides if only to assert my independence.
 CharminC
Msg: 811
Posted: 7/20/2013 9:22:20 PM
Wrong?

Why does it have to be that there is something wrong if person is still single? Makes it sound like we are broken people once we hit 30. No wonder lots of people have an issue with aging.
 Just_Bopping_Around
Msg: 812
Posted: 7/21/2013 8:25:15 AM
First of all, congratulations on your education and getting a high paying job.

I'm 33 and consider myself a very good catch...I think I'm still single because I'm one of a few that has something right with him.

I haven't dated a woman over 30 who isn't damaged in some way...You tell me, are all women over 30 damaged? It stands to reason that single people in their 30's might having something wrong with them..

Ah yes, nothing wrong with you. It's the rest of the world that's screwed up. Also, when dating it's best not to look for someone that you're compatible with and enjoy their company, but to think of yourself as a very good catch for other women.

I've been in 4 long-term relationships that were headed [to marriage] when things turned south. I only delayed marriage because I wanted to be responsible and stable before doing so. I feel like I'm being punished for it. In fact, I've been cheated on by every one of my exes. I understand that I may have done something to make them want to go out and cheat, but none of them would help me understand what, nor was I given any warning.

You're 33 and almost been married *four* times and everyone of them ended with them cheating on you and going bad and you have no idea why, but the *only* reason you didn't get married was because you wanted to be responsible and stable first?

What is the only commonality between all four situations? You. Of course, you write, I'm still single because I'm one of the few that has something right with them. You might want to re-think your hypothesis. If you're a financial analysis, you crunch numbers for a living. Try crunching the numbers in your personal life, you might come up with a slightly less-delusional answer.

Between your studies, entry into the corporate world and guitar playing, how much effort have you put into your social / love life? You think that excites women to hear 'I don't want to be responsible and wait to be more serious until I'm more stable'?

Focus on love and compatibility and happiness and you might not have so many women ditching you without you having clue.

I understand that I may have done something to make them want to go out and cheat, but none of them would help me understand what...

People aren't P/L statements. They don't give you detailed analyses of strengths and weaknesses at the conclusion of a relationship. Social skills are different than accounting, you sort of have to figure it out on your own.

Financial analysis involves elements of politics, society, history, art, economics, science, and culture. What I do is examine points where these things intersect, and determine how to best allocate resources to the benefit of everyone. That excites me.

You're a fancy (okay, high powered) accountant. Determining what works and doesn't from an accounting perspective. Yes, yes there are different methods of doing that. Comparative, ratio, horizontal, vertical, fundamental analysis... But you're still a glorified accountant. Involving society and culture? Art? History? science? How best to allocate resources for your company, sure. That's an important job, no doubt about it. But you determine how best to allocate resources to the benefit of *everyone*?? Really? I had no idea that your allocation of resources in Salt Lake City benefited me.

I don't know why, but compassion seems so rare to me today.

I see it each and every day. Try getting away from the corporate world and your single-malt scotch and you're likely to find more compassion.

Every strength has a corresponding weakness. Strong willed and assertive can be stubborn. Independent can be stand offish and pull away. Willing to stand up for yourself can be pushy. Intelligent and educated can be a know it all. Hard working and dedicated can be absentee lover.

You *have* accomplished a lot on your short time on this planet, but try looking harder for the good in other people, while recognizing the flip side to your strengths and avoiding the crazies while dating.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 813
Posted: 7/29/2013 4:43:29 PM
I am posting this because it was said on another message board that if a man is single and over the age of 30 and good looking, there has got to be some character flaw or some reason why he is not taken....

And all guys who are taken are great? Never heard of a gal-pal's BF or husband being a d!ck? :)

Getting into a Relationship, by itself, takes little talent & stock-price.

Do you find that there has got to be "something" wrong if someone looks in every other way a good catch, yet still hasn't settled down?

Just because they're single in-the-now doesn't mean they haven't yet settled down. They could have, but wisely broke up. Those that do -- are they worse 'catches' than incompatible couples still together in-the-now?

I think it's that great catches become more taken, %-wise, once you get past the mid-20s -- whether they're in a great or not-so-great relationship/marriage.

Also, when getting older, one can be a great catch -- but more baggage has built up over time. More people have kids, so those without kids don't want to get involved. Or there's too many with young kids while the other wants the kids to be grown enough like theirs, etc.

And also, when older, people tend to be more picky if their biological clock isn't ticking away so crazily. But again, if one's single at 35 or 45, it doesn't mean they've never been in a settled-down Relationship before.
 ll1993
Msg: 814
Posted: 8/14/2013 10:34:04 AM
I search men 40-50 and don't bother with the never-married's. Clearly, they will not commit, are momma's boys or gay (not that there's anything wrong with that, but get on a different site.)
There's something wrong with ALL of us, otherwise we probably wouldn't be on here. Some people are just unrealistic and looking for a flawless match, and there's no such thing. And anyone who gives up on someone right away b/c of one flaw (that's not morally or legally wrong) is not serious about finding a mate.
Everyone's crazy in their own way; the trick is compromise or to find someone just as crazy as you. :) Good luck! I've only been on for 4 days, and I'm done!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >