Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Motto_Bella
Msg: 59
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?Page 3 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)

something wrong with them?

^ Nope.. the good ones are responsible, selective and pacing themselves.

Agree w/womaninprogress ~ over 30 and clingy. Zero purpose and passion... with a car full of infant car seats - ugh.
Msg: 60
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?
Posted: 11/20/2009 12:09:56 PM
I am over thirty and single and have plenty wrong with me.Does that mean I should crawl into a hole and never come out? We all have things wrong with us. No one is exempt. Just because none of us are perfect does not mean we should stop looking for love and for someone to want and accept us as we are.
 Margaux_1970
Msg: 61
Posted: 11/20/2009 8:25:06 PM
You come across as though you are beating yourself down. Stop it! You know, the good-looking people I have met in my life are the ones with the most negative string of relationships. Sure, they get hooked faster, but imagine what many failed relationships must do to the ego, too. I am not saying here that hot men and women are more prone to bad relationships, but rather that those couples that are borne out of looks alone often end up in the dumpster. It really is about chemistry.

What amazes me on this site, though, is how many below-average-looking females have the nerve to put down someone who is comparable to them in the looks department. I have had fat women look at me as though I had the plague, and I would place myself in the average catgory. I was too polite to say anything.

Best of luck to you.
 ligonmaximus
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2009 9:29:28 PM
JHparkes: There could be SEVERAL reasons they someone who is 30 is not yet taken yet. Especially for men the guy could be a commitment phoebe, be a player, be gay and not really know it, is too picky about women in general, be a stalker, be overly clingy, is looking for the "perfect" match that may not exist, he may totally SUCK at attracting women by being boring or something, and host of other variables. Then again he could be NONE of those and is just taking a break by being single. Maybe he just got out of a bad relationship and wants to take a break from dating all together? Maybe he does not want to date period and wants to take time working on himself as well.

So to answer your questions the lady at your work is wrong, while YES there is some truth to what she says, but there could be several different HEALTHY and NORMAL reasons why the guy is single and there may not be anything WRONG with the guy.

Your co-workers statement was probably based on some of her negative past experiences or knowing some of her lady friends who had bad experiences with guys who appeared to be great catches and really were not.
 truckieal
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2009 11:39:21 PM
I agree with you 100% 4gotnsoul I think sometimes I should be some sort of bad arsed killer or bank robber they get more action than some of us straight liners
 dmgodwin
Msg: 64
Posted: 11/21/2009 4:18:01 PM
well u know i am 36 and it don't bother me what ppl think i'm single and i am waiting for the right one i am settling down and looking , I have my views and imputs but the truth casn be asked about a 25 yr old too . i just have not found the one person who can light a spark just by touching my hand or looking in my eyes or just sitting on the couch talking will drinking a cup of coffee or wine and watching a movie sex is over rated and it can be more romantic just by talking and cuddling then having sex ,so when my soulmate comes around and says something that knocks me off my feet then i will know its time .....
 RustyStrummer
Msg: 65
Posted: 11/21/2009 6:25:36 PM
no your right on track, i didnt want to be the one to let this out but when you turn 30 the government sends you a notice by mail classifying you as expired.
 cinsav
Msg: 66
Posted: 11/21/2009 6:41:44 PM
Men in their 30's usually have a harder time dating women in their 30's - they're typically better off dating women in their late 20's or early 40's.

Most single 30-something women have way too much bagage, are far too demanding, have rediculous expectations and simply aren't worth the headache to deal with.

If a guy good looking guy is in his 30's and still single it's probably because he hasn't yet realized this.
Msg: 67
Posted: 11/21/2009 7:15:27 PM

Most single 30-something women have way too much bagage, are far too demanding, have rediculous expectations

Perhaps, but we can spell at least.
 cinsav
Msg: 68
Posted: 11/21/2009 7:25:53 PM
Stop trolling me... I'm not interested.
 Genuine_504
Msg: 69
Posted: 11/23/2009 1:29:29 PM
I would venture to say that may be the case the majority of the time. I think there is no definitive answer. Things should never be viewed as black and white. And "extenuating circumstances" are what shape our lives. I just turned 33 and I am not married, nor do I have any children. I haven't met the person I want to spend the rest of my life with. And I don't believe this should shape others perception of me. Frankly, I don't believe in catering to perception in the first place. My last few relationships were all ended by me for....take your pick; one took on a serious drug problem and continued to lie to my face about it, another cheated on me, and another gradually morphed from demure to inconsiderate and crass. Ultimately, I am up front. I have depth of feeling, am passionate about the things that I choose to involve myself with, and am inert in the fact that I have chosen where I want to be in life. The matter of choosing who I want to be there with me may take some time. But like all else in my life, it wont be a wasted effort.
 Gentle Aura
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2009 8:30:29 PM
Pftttt I never heard people thinking that there's something wrong with a man in this sort of situation. It's usually the woman being classified under the "something's wrong with her" category. Especially the European mentalities, and I can say that because I'm European. I guess it's just the way ignorant people think. It's totally old school.
 That Handy Man
Msg: 73
Posted: 11/23/2009 8:41:09 PM
Sorry but I didn't read the three pages of responses.

YES, definitely, there is SOMETHING wrong! I speak of both genders now. At the very worst, they have serious personality issues, and at best, they are just, well, different. Without a doubt, there is a social stigma, and we are a species that all too often looks upon our groups approval or opinion of a given thing, for us to make an assessment which one could really argue is then, not OUR decision at all.

So then, the problem is two fold, One is the original issue or problem that caused a person to remain "unchosen" and secondly is the social stigma attached to it.
 swedeinfresno
Msg: 74
Posted: 11/23/2009 10:36:26 PM
I think instead it is something wrong with those that get married and get kids in their teens/20's. They miss out on their youth and later on in life they wonder what could have been instead.
 rat-7
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2009 12:23:37 AM
What is wrong is that if you have not found somebody before you turn 30, then it is all over
I was told that when I grew up, and it is true
I know, I never was able to attract a woman before I turned 30, and now that I am 41, I still can not attract anyone, and I am sure that I never will be able to
That the way things work
 Mayor_McCheese
Msg: 76
Posted: 11/24/2009 12:30:08 AM
Yes, we are the left over table scraps from the dating world.

Next question.
 Warped_Humour
Msg: 77
Posted: 11/24/2009 12:50:15 AM

I laugh at the number 30. I am well over that number and I have never been married and I have no kids.
Why does it make you an outcast for implementing control? I have had many attractive prospects yet, I wait for the one.

The man who waits for the one, is in it for life. Not for the half decade.

I just think that I am not a freak for waiting nor should anyone be.

AMEN!!!!

Only 32 but sure am happy and glad I have not married or had kids yet. I had a whole hella lotta ME to get through before I could truly offer myself up to anyone. It's been over three years since I would even consider someone seriously. I am changing my mind on it now, but just because society shoves the everyone is doing it campaign down, does not mean it should be followed.

Can't lie, I did back in my mid 20's also wonder WTF? You know because a bunch of friends were getting married and/or settling down. I was still no where near ready though and am more than thankful things have turned out they way they have.

So I would stop yourself from thinking there are "defects" on anyone over 30 not married yet. I would tell whatever birdie in your ear to BEAT IT too!!! If people waited until their 30's to get married, I wonder what the divorce rate would be? I wonder who REALLY would stick out in marriages then? Just a ponder.
 Dravorian
Msg: 79
Posted: 11/24/2009 12:05:28 PM
I agree completely with this statement. If you believe that a person has a problem or something is wrong because of said issue, than you need to look deeper into yourself. There are always reasons for such things. I have not found the one that has knocked my socks off in my life, but I am still trying. over 6 billion people on this planet, how can you expect to find the one right out of the gate? I am trully a nice guy and have many great qualities to share, but I am being passed up on intitial judgement and that is really not fair.
 hotrodius
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2009 12:46:12 PM
I agree it takes time to find the one, anyone who prejudges someone is not the person you want, it takes time to get to know somenone it all starts with good conversation and being willing to totaly honest and up front sadly most folks on this site are not to honest.
 enuon
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2009 6:48:39 PM
Im 29 and I'll thinking I'll be in this catagory very soon :-P
 2tall5665
Msg: 82
Posted: 11/25/2009 8:02:01 AM
I was married at the age of 25. I am 35 now and single again. I dont think age has anything to do with any of this. I am single now and stay single because I refuse to settle for anything other then my ideal woman. Notice I did not say perfect woman, but we all have a form of perfection to us. If I never find it then I will die single without any regrets as I have loved before. Does that mean something is wrong with me? Or does that mean I am actually thinking correctly for the first time?
 wolfjade
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2009 11:35:05 AM
enoun
Don't sweat it man I've met girls in their 20's I wouldn't go with , and been turned down by lady's in their 50's.

People are people good and bad no matter what age..
 bsp71
Msg: 84
Posted: 11/25/2009 2:15:06 PM
Actually I don't think that singles over 30 or even 40 have any defects or things wrong with them.

Here's my take:

Meeting people is a random affair. After high school and college, if you have not met Mr/Miss Right, the odds of meeting new people
become more challenging. We start working and get busy. I am not a barfly so I don't hang out in bars. So its all random.
Unless you grow up with a large circle of friends it becomes a tough matter to meet eligible partners.
 kanebrake
Msg: 85
Posted: 11/25/2009 10:32:08 PM
I think your other message board failed to take into account another possibility.

Some people just aren't interested in a relationship until after they're 30 (or 40, or 50, or...) I'm 35 and the idea of a relationship never crossed my mind until about a year, year and a half ago.

I'm certainly not the GQ cover model, but I'm not entirely hideous either. I'm not a player, not a partier, or any of the obvious things that would keep guys from settling down I just never gave a crap about the whole relationship thing in life.
 trekker013
Msg: 86
Posted: 11/26/2009 4:18:04 AM
OP
I am posting this because it was said on another message board that if a man is single and over the age of 30 and good looking, there has got to be some character flaw or some reason why he is not taken....

What is everyone elses general view on this? Do you find that there has got to be "something" wrong if someone looks in every other way a good catch, yet still hasn't settled down?

Hell no, not at all. In fact, I'd have to say that they are quite intelligent to resist settling down for the sake of settling down out of loneliness, social acceptance and other such reasons.

It's great to do what you want, when you want and how you want to do it without having to worry about anyone else but yourself. And I'm not about to f*ck that up anytime soon.

She'd have to be something really special to make me want to settle down.....

Anyone has a problem with that.......f*ck 'em. I could care less
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >