Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 evrybdy
Msg: 282
view profile
History
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?Page 9 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
"Moral of the story is, due to lack of suitable companions, if man is single at 30, he never was able to find a good women. Thats where I fall into. If a women is single at 30, she needs to change something about herself, if possible......"

OMG, that statement gave me the biggest laugh of the night. I'm 37 and I am pretty sure I got it more together than most people out there. Single or not single really isn't a judge of character.

M
 Amillio-Bello
Msg: 283
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?
Posted: 3/3/2010 1:24:17 AM
Nope!! For ME anyways, it ussually means there is something wrong with the people I turn down, otherwise I wouldn't turn them down!! lol
 forums1
Msg: 284
Posted: 3/3/2010 9:34:55 AM
Always love the generalizations. I'm 46, never married, own my own home (paid - no mortgage since 2003), car, good job... 1 woman I almost married (she cheated on me 3 wks after I asked), and two I could've seen myself married to - except one turned into 'bridezilla' once we started talking about it, and the other decided to go back to 'a**hole' (the kids father, her wording, not mine).

... and every one of them has said (after we split) I'd make a good father (not happening at this point unless I wind up dating someone with kids), and I'm a "great guy". Go figure. Yeah, there's definitely something majorly wrong with me.
 southknox
Msg: 285
Posted: 3/3/2010 12:37:22 PM
I'll be 35 in a couple of months.

I manage a successful business; and have done so the last 6yrs. I always make the mortgage. Never miss a car payment. No credit card debt. Stay in shape and stay away from fast food for the most part.

I made a conscious choice not to have children until I was financially/emotionally able to support them the way I think they deserve to be supported.

What i've found on this site is people have so many pre-conceived notions about what they're looking for in another person they forget all about the magic of simply connecting with someone that may not fit their idea of what a significant other should be.

Anyone who thinks there is something wrong with a guy in their mid 30's and hasn't been married or have any children doesn't have a clue what they're talking about.

There is something wrong with someone in their 20's who can't afford a child but keep having them. But hey as long as responsible people like me pay for their food stamps, rent, and soon to be healthcare I guess it's acceptable for them to act like immature fornicators.

_Shan_Rich
Msg: 286
Posted: 3/3/2010 11:29:10 PM
Here's my question, what about us average guys over 30, don't we count for anything? I'm 33 single, never married, etc etc bla bla bla so what about me do you think there is something wrong with me, I bet you do. Your sitting there right now reading this saying 33 never married, he's either gay and in denial or butt ugly. Well for your info I'm none of the above, I'm not ugly I'm not gay and I'm not in denial about anything. So again I ask you what about an average guy like me and other guys like me?
 Water75
Msg: 287
Posted: 3/5/2010 11:37:13 AM
there is nothing wrong with me.some people settel for looks are some other material crap.thats why the devorce rate is so hi.for me i almost got married to this italian model.she was awesome but she changed.so i know that aslong as i keep my heart open love will find its way in.
 CorwinNighthawk
Msg: 288
Posted: 3/5/2010 8:21:20 PM

The man who waits for the one, is in it for life. Not for the half decade.

This is a good point. Well-said! Here's anothr scenerio: The guy is so nice to women that they refuse to date him, opting instead to keep him as a friend. This confuses me, since most women claim to want a nice guy. Can anyone explain this to me?
 wglenstuh
Msg: 289
Posted: 3/6/2010 10:13:54 AM
Not always I think some people just stay with the wrong person for to long and by the time they know it, its years down the road. 30 is the new 40 atleast thats what I keep telling myself.
 kow626
Msg: 292
Posted: 3/7/2010 9:25:52 PM
well said, pink. focusing strictly on this site, it's pretty obvious to most people why someone is single based on what's listed in their profile or their looks in the pics. i've concluded that regardless of who i meet and date, if things don't work out, it just wasn't meant to be. either i determine she ain't worth it or she determines i ain't worth. either way, we're not meant for each other. but i stay positive that there is someone i'm meant for and who's meant for me. we just haven't met yet. that's how positive minded people should approach it. just cuz you think you're right for that person don't mean you are. they're the ones to decide that.

people over 30 not being taken ain't an issue. it's negative people who view it as a red flag is what's the issue. and those ain't the type of people you wanna be dealing with anyway, right? be glad they see your relationship status as enough of an issue not to approach or get to know you.

the only problem i see with people not being taken on this site are the attractive ones who are still single. they get the attention, the emails, and the dates and are STILL single. makes you wonder about them. i know if i had above average looks and had the potential for a few dates a week, every week, in a month's time, there's no doubt at the very least ONE of those chicks would be good enough to explore something with based on the law of numbers. put 20 chicks in front of me who meet my physical standards, i'll quickly weed through the incompatible ones, and there'd have to be at least one chick who'd be worth the time.

it don't matter your age, if you're getting easy dates and NONE of them are working out, then yes, in that case, something is wrong with YOU, not the other person. if that person has faults, hey, you need a better filter. some people learn what they want over time. others don't. it's the ones that don't who are the problem. there's that term that a person is good 'on paper' but in real life is a problematic person. just another thing people need to learn to filter through.

best method? ask questions. if a person ain't willing to answer honestly (withholding info is allowed) or gets defensive, right away you know that person ain't gonna be worth your time. cuz if you can't communicate openly now, how the hell are you later? and if communication is boring or lacking, yet another red flag. just cuz a person ain't taken at a certain age don't mean jack sh1t. lots of variables like location, scheduling, availability of men/women, etc. if i find something good and it ain't taken yet (with no or minimal red flags), hell, i'm going for it. lucky me!
 Helen0426
Msg: 293
Posted: 3/7/2010 10:43:18 PM
Not having read other responses...

Do you find that there has got to be "something" wrong if someone looks in every other way a good catch, yet still hasn't settled down?

I sure hope not. That applies to me. Granted, I was out of commission for several years due to health matters, so that may be a bit different from the usual. Still, I would hope no one would judge me on it. And I don't think I would judge another on that basis, unless they'd never been involved really seriously.

Never married, fine. Never deeply involved, not fine.

I think that's probably pretty much where everybody comes down on this, anyway.
 ColonelIngus
Msg: 294
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2010 11:42:56 AM
Or maybe -- and I know it's heresy to say so -- there may be no "right person" for them.
 jukebox_cowboy
Msg: 295
Posted: 3/8/2010 3:42:06 PM

30 single without either children or a failed marriage behind me, which I'm proud I used common sense and looked after number one, unlike the other guys and women out there. With children to multiple partners, failed marriages, large debts and other anchors weighing them down, giving the new partner (mug) who comes along loads of unneeded drama and grief.

Yes I really would trade in my happy debt free, childless free, baggage free, grief free, drama free life for the shit other 30 year old`s are forever stuck with.

HOMERUN BRO!!! I am in the same boat. All my friends are maried/divorced with kids and somewhat hating life.

If I could just find out why being over 30 makes you a lepor to the 20 y/o's I'll have the golden ticket.
 sherrytc
Msg: 296
Posted: 3/8/2010 4:43:55 PM
I have to say, if a man is over 35 and he's never been married it does make me wonder, and one of the questions I'll ask is why is it you think you've never married? It's more common for women, especially black women, to be 35 or older and still single.

The main reason why it's odd for a man to be that old and not married is because there are always more women than men (unless you're in some areas of Alaska). So men have more to choose from. On top of that, men can be of the lowest quality, a bum lying in the street, and some woman will pick him up, dust him off, and take him home. That's just the way it is. Think about it. Even murderers and rapists in prison have girlfriends and wives. Case in point, that crazy guy out of California who kindnapped that girl and held her hostage all those years met his current wife while he was serving time in prison for rape. I'm not making this stuff up.

So yea... if a man is in his late 30's or older and he's never married you have to wonder if he's a commitment phobe, a sociopath, gay, etc. Be smart and always ask questions.
 kow626
Msg: 297
Posted: 3/8/2010 5:45:11 PM
^^^^yes, be smart and ask questions but don't be so quick to judge w/o knowing the facts. i'd see it as a red flag if a woman judged me in advance if she was curious as to why i've never been married at 35 or any other age. that let's me know it's important to her for some reason and to me, it's a wrong reason. what difference does it make if a person has never been married or not? for you, is it the ultimate form of committment? can't two people just be in a happy relationship without all that? i'd much rather prefer a woman who's NEVER been married by 35. nor would i question it. that's a green flag to me.

let's say he was married before. is that better for you or worse since clearly that marriage is over? a divorced guy is better than a strictly single one? am i the only one who sees something wrong with that logic?
 34realwoman
Msg: 299
Posted: 3/8/2010 7:56:56 PM
Not necessary. One of my cousins didn't get married until he was 42. Nothing was wrong with him. He simply preferred to remain single when he was younger.
 timbucktwo
Msg: 300
Posted: 3/10/2010 2:39:11 PM
Perhaps all the choicy ones in his age bracket have already been knocked up or have become fatties--or both! So, rather than rear some other guy's schlopp or get stuck with some 300 lb heifer with a permanent ice cream I.V. attached to her arm he's decided to embrace his bachelor-hood and make the best of it.
 Pure4youdouc
Msg: 301
Posted: 3/10/2010 3:15:24 PM
Like a used car , you have to research it more than decide with an off the cuff judgement.
 almostchef
Msg: 302
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2010 2:55:49 PM

I have to say, if a man is over 35 and he's never been married it does make me wonder, and one of the questions I'll ask is why is it you think you've never married? It's more common for women, especially black women, to be 35 or older and still single.

The main reason why it's odd for a man to be that old and not married is because there are always more women than men (unless you're in some areas of Alaska). So men have more to choose from. On top of that, men can be of the lowest quality, a bum lying in the street, and some woman will pick him up, dust him off, and take him home. That's just the way it is. Think about it. Even murderers and rapists in prison have girlfriends and wives. Case in point, that crazy guy out of California who kindnapped that girl and held her hostage all those years met his current wife while he was serving time in prison for rape. I'm not making this stuff up.

So yea... if a man is in his late 30's or older and he's never married you have to wonder if he's a commitment phobe, a sociopath, gay, etc. Be smart and always ask questions.

Ok, now I'm just depressed that bums and murderers can find a wife and I can't...
 valenciacityx
Msg: 303
Posted: 3/11/2010 3:47:03 PM
convicted criminals are getting congical visits, I doubt that helps to make you feel better .

meh, put me in a stereotype and I will return the favor. There are more important things in life than getting married and raising kidlets. each to their own.
 Mel1509
Msg: 305
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2010 4:59:12 AM
Ok, now I'm just depressed that bums and murderers can find a wife and I can't...

The fattest man in the world also got married not long ago...Ithought the same thing
 rozzlynann
Msg: 307
Posted: 3/12/2010 7:19:46 PM
Hi, well, Im over 40, and I am not poor catch myself. To be honest, I think life experiances along the way teachers us to sit back and look at differant things in life and qualities in people. As much as I love the feeling of being touched, there is alot more to life then an orgasim, and I will know it when I meet the man who stimulates me mind, body and soul
Roz
 flybuttersocial
Msg: 308
Posted: 3/14/2010 9:36:37 AM
If you count still looking like you're 24 as something wrong with me then yeah I guess.
 rubyshoes10
Msg: 309
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2010 11:15:24 AM
I am in my middle 30s,got the house, job and car.

I am not weird, desperate, sad, lonely and neither do i think to much of myself. I am just me. Lump it or like it as the saying goes...
 Rarebird76
Msg: 310
Posted: 3/14/2010 12:10:59 PM

I am posting this because it was said on another message board that if a man is single and over the age of 30 and good looking, there has got to be some character flaw or some reason why he is not taken....

What is everyone elses general view on this? Do you find that there has got to be "something" wrong if someone looks in every other way a good catch, yet still hasn't settled down?
In my case YES! I have struggled with depression much of my life. Luckily my honest nature prevents any wayward woman from accidentally falling for me and discovering my many redeeming qualities and giving me a desperately needed ray of light/hope.
 50_50_This_Way_Out
Msg: 311
Posted: 3/14/2010 1:46:08 PM
People put labels on others because it makes it easier for them to spread gossip.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >