Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Bohemian702
Msg: 225
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?Page 9 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
They were taken for a few years and them send it back? Nothing is forever not even marriage, hello! We need to undertand that we are not designed to stick with them person for that long unsless is novelty every day at list!
 twinmd77
Msg: 226
People over 30 that are not taken - something wrong with them?
Posted: 1/29/2010 4:48:31 PM

If the shoe fits you as well, Ma'am.
 rxb012
Msg: 227
Posted: 1/29/2010 5:23:35 PM
You are right. I am married and over 30. The guys over 30 that are decent looking and not taken has to mean a problem, emotionally or otherwise.
 Mr_SmartFun
Msg: 228
Posted: 1/29/2010 6:32:11 PM

I am married and over 30. The guys over 30 that are decent looking and not taken has to mean a problem, emotionally or otherwise.

Wow....your ignorance on this is pretty astounding. Since you obviously are unaware of the many unmarried people over 30 that I know (including myself) that are perfectly fine, maybe you shouldn't be making such sweeping statements. Or should I just throw the old "all married guys are whipped" routine back at ya?
 kcladyz
Msg: 229
Posted: 1/30/2010 9:53:48 AM
Attitudes like that piss me off.

Sorry but the "fairy take relationships" of people falling in love in their teens and staying together for 60 years until death just does not happen.

marriages and relationships fail all the time. It does not mean there is something wrong with you. may be you were a good spouse and the other cheated or was an ***hole? its not fair to be mean to people and shy away from people just because they are single and of a certain age. geesh..

Sometimes people hook up with someone that is all to wrong for them and they end up single again. Being over 30 and single does not mean there is anything wrong with you and that attitude of people wondering whats wrong with you if you single really hurts my feelings emensely when it happens to me.

I am 40 soon to be 41 and i was devorced at 26. I have not remarried simply because i have not met the right person yet or I may just not want to get married just yet. Does not meen there is anything wrong with me that prevents me from being in a seious long term relationships. Since my devorce in 1996 I have had 2 serious long term relationships. I was a loving faithful person. They turned out to be players so I wised up and moved on.

Do not judge a person for being older and still single. Age and time does not mean anything. Before assuming something negative about someone get to know them first and ask questions on their past relationships if you must but do not be quick to judge on shallow tings.

thats my opinion
 kcladyz
Msg: 230
Posted: 1/30/2010 9:56:08 AM
sorry on my bad spelling on my last post above lol
 Mike The Mechanic123
Msg: 231
Posted: 1/30/2010 10:24:23 AM
Well, how do you think the guys feel being single at 35? Lonely for one reason, at least in my case... I mean, look at my profile... At 35, the only thing I know about women is what I don't want... It's sad, but there isn't ANYBODY on the planet more honest than me! So to me, the honesty is something I think women should respect, but I have found that the better looking they are, the more they wanna be lied to, yet I just can't see myself with someone out of proportion... I tried to write my profile in "nice constructive critisizm", like I would say, "I will tell a woman if she smells in places or has bad breath..."... That was worse and I got more hate mail... So I am supposed to just "deal with" , bad breath and feminine odor??? What would your mother tell you? My guess is the same thing that I tell you... In the end, it's all the truth and that's what I speak and I can't help myself... So to re-itterate, at 35, I just think every women is crazy or has made me crazy... I have kinda enjoyed being alone now... I'm in no rush.
 Bullies.Rule
Msg: 232
Posted: 1/30/2010 12:28:01 PM

Sorry but the "fairy take relationships" of people falling in love in their teens and staying together for 60 years until death just does not happen.

Sure it does. My folks met in grade 1, 'dated' in grade 8, got married at 19 & 20, and have been together ever since. That's not for everyone, but it does happen.

Now, for myself... natch. I'm not 'taken' because I'm not prey to be hunted down and dragged back to the lair. I figure the same for any one else. There's more to life than getting married (education, travel, career, disinclination to adhere to old-fashioned get-married-have-kids-or-bust dictations).

To Mike The Mechanic123... from personal experience, it's not WHAT you say, it's HOW you say it. You say you're just being honest. Okay. But are you being nice/polite/inoffensive when you say it? And is it really necessary? Do you know the person well enough to be so brutally honest?

My 2 bits. :)
 woodie7502
Msg: 233
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2010 12:31:35 PM
I just think that person is not willing to settle for a quick easy relationship and has not found the one person to make them happy .
I am a good guy and married I have had some great relationships but never the one .
I also believe you should not get married just to be married . A ring does not make a marriage . It is love, honor, loyalty and respect and commitment to one another that make it work not a ring . That is just a symbol of the love between two people .
 Husbandman
Msg: 234
Posted: 1/30/2010 12:56:18 PM
Too aloof... maybe?
Maybe some of us have a hard time dealing with others imperfections. What I percieved to be imperfections in my past relationships caused me to continue looking and hoping to find what appeared to be closer to perfection... and now ironically I think it is my own imperfections that have repelled any new prospects from going past the e-mail/ chat-phase.

On the flip side does anyone know of "imperfection-themed" dating sites?
 Mike The Mechanic123
Msg: 235
Posted: 1/30/2010 5:35:07 PM
Who cares if I know someone "long enough"... I am who I am and I speak to you like as if I HAVE known you all my life... The better looking a woman is, the more "nice" I am, but it is always a comment from someone who doesn't even have the courage to show what they look like that comment the most... Unless you're famous, or a politician, you shouldn't be afraid of what you look like... YOU WILL attract the best you can get, point blank... There is no use emailing the opposite sex without a picture and then calling the opposite sex "b*tches or as*holes" because all they care about is looks... If you show a picture and someone is NOT attracted, you won't get emails from great looking guys or girls that wanna make fun of you... However posting your picture WILL attract your equal... Women don't even need to initiate a conversation...
 ColonelIngus
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2010 11:00:45 AM

On the flip side does anyone know of "imperfection-themed" dating sites?

Could you mention a few? I did a quick search but couldn't turn any up.
 dbz77
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2010 11:58:25 AM
This is a link to single, childless women between the ages of 32 and 33, living within fifty miles of New York City (a subset of all single, childless women between 30 and 40).

http://www.plentyoffish.com/advancedsearch.aspx?iama=m&maritalstatus=1&seekinga=f&wantchildren=&MinAge=32&MaxAge=33&smoke=&country=1&drugs=&City=New+York+City&miles=50&interests=&state=42&haircolor=&height=&heightb=&religion=&haschildren=2&drink=&thnicity=&viewtype=1&starsign=&searchtype=&body=&smarts=&income=&sorting=0&cmdSearch=Go+Fishing

Care to guess what flaws they have?

Michael
 Ghost Nation
Msg: 239
Posted: 1/31/2010 11:09:53 PM
I have said it before and will say it again

A man over 30 not taken (single) will be deemed a pariah by women

This is because I feel most women - certainly not all, will hold the opinion that if the man was a good man he would already be "trapped" by now by some woman.

Many women will first think -- what's wrong with him that no other woman is interested in him, rather than think what is it that I like about him.

More women than not would rather lust after a man that is already in a relationship based on some silly notion that he has already proven himself worthy of a woman's attentions.

Add to this the fact that generally every woman wants what she sees another woman has or perceives that the woman has and she herself does not have.

A domesticated eunuch to them is more desirable as easier to manipulate than a bachelor who lives by his own rules and has come to the realisation that his life is not about having some woman's approval of him.
 dbz77
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2010 7:48:12 AM

I have said it before and will say it again

A man over 30 not taken (single) will be deemed a pariah by women

This is because I feel most women - certainly not all, will hold the opinion that if the man was a good man he would already be "trapped" by now by some woman.

Many women will first think -- what's wrong with him that no other woman is interested in him, rather than think what is it that I like about him.

More women than not would rather lust after a man that is already in a relationship based on some silly notion that he has already proven himself worthy of a woman's attentions.

Add to this the fact that generally every woman wants what she sees another woman has or perceives that the woman has and she herself does not have.

A domesticated eunuch to them is more desirable as easier to manipulate than a bachelor who lives by his own rules and has come to the realisation that his life is not about having some woman's approval of him.

How would they judge a virgin?

Michael
 WorldTraveler2011
Msg: 241
Posted: 2/1/2010 10:08:36 AM
This is the type of thinking that helps me understand why I'm still single over 30. I'm divorced and haven't really wanted to be in a relationship until recently. I don't think I have any character flaws (who knows maybe I do).

I think that thinking too much sometimes might keeps you single. Not every 2 match ups are going to work. If that were the case, nobody would be single and we'd all be married forever. Don't think too much, Go for it!
 SweetiePieLove
Msg: 242
Posted: 2/2/2010 3:06:17 PM
I have 3 chins and a kangaroo pouch. Men typically don't wanna date this type of woman.
 That Handy Man
Msg: 244
Posted: 2/2/2010 6:15:51 PM
Makes me think of an X Files episode, where Scully mentions Aacums Razor.

The simplest explanation is often THE explanation!

Maybe these people are defective. Rejects! They were back then, and they still are!
 OPPOSITESATTRACT604
Msg: 245
Posted: 2/2/2010 6:58:42 PM
Yes u maybe right!! I just find it hard when ur over 30 lots of ladies have kids and i dont.
 dason66
Msg: 246
Posted: 2/2/2010 7:50:00 PM
Well here's my take on the topic as a 43 year young man !!! I have a great career , I left my hot wife who I was married to for 8yrs , after the sex we had nothing in common , its almost like torture , boring , lack of stimulation , how much can a guy take !

People tend to look for what they can't or never will have , their expectations are too great , they look what's on the outside and they do not look at the big picture , you have to find your best friend and if you can do that then you may find what you are looking for . Be realistic about who fits your criteria ,good looks , are you good looking if not then look for someone who you may at least have a chance with .

Lets all be realistic , relationships take a lot of work and it is being able to accecpt that you will never find a perfect person , we all have our flaws in one way or another , its being able to work with these flaws and grow with that person throughout the tough times .

Instead we lash out, all of the sudden your back at the bar looking for the hot chick , the excitement , the thrill of the chace , you join the gym to get back in shape , you find that next one and then repeat the same mistakes . You end up on the couch , fat , bored , lack of interest , and too shall that relationship end .

At the end of the day you end up on a site like this looking at profiles , saying ohhh she's hot , Well as far as I am concerned I've tried that and yes it's good until the sex dies out and you realize you have nothing in common with that person .be true to yourself and you will find that best friend .
 Ghost Nation
Msg: 247
Posted: 2/3/2010 5:15:21 AM

Yes u maybe right!! I just find it hard when ur over 30 lots of ladies have kids and i dont.

+1 on that
 stuckinmoval
Msg: 248
Posted: 2/6/2010 12:49:43 AM
id rather wait then settle
 mjollnir79
Msg: 249
Posted: 2/6/2010 6:56:55 AM
For guys, finding a decent women gets harder and harder as the years go on, its never really easy, so for us being 30+ and single it makes total sense, we are 30+ and single cause there is a serious lack of quality single women over the age of say 25, and even below that there isn't much unless you want to date teens who haven't developed all the negative female stereotypes yet.
Some will get all pissy at me but truth is, its different for women, finding someone is a lot easier for them cause men do the pursuing, and we're not as picky about trivial things(theres more than just that). So a women 30+ and single shes either recently single, unattractive, very busy, too many kids, isn't relationship material no matter how much she thinks she is, or has unrealistic expectations. Since good, attractive, sense-able, realistic, sweet, honest women are not only rare, but are highly wanted for most men, its going to be a very rare case they are going to be single very often, especially over the age of 30.

Moral of the story is, due to lack of suitable companions, if man is single at 30, he never was able to find a good women. Thats where I fall into. If a women is single at 30, she needs to change something about herself, if possible......
 6citygal1
Msg: 250
Posted: 2/6/2010 11:19:38 AM
Not necessary. I would rather be single than be stuck in a bad relationship.
 stuckinmoval
Msg: 251
Posted: 2/6/2010 5:24:09 PM
To>>>>>>> mjollnir79

Hahahahah!!! that was funny!!!! Same goes for us women...lack of guilty men out there.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >