Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Religion      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 deetristate
Msg: 102
ReligionPage 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
""No one is religious whether they like it or not, ""

and that explains all of "your" posts.

i see now.

Kj521
Msg: 103
Religion
Posted: 10/17/2017 4:00:11 PM
" should they somehow be un-baptized?"

If the individual feels they should. They can look into procedures to do so, which will be different depending on the various religions and denominations.
 chameleonf
Msg: 104
Religion
Posted: 10/17/2017 4:09:14 PM
If they become unbaptised would that be more for the purpose of entering another religious belief? I can't see an atheist doing it because it would give credence to a belief they suppoesdly don't believe in.
 funchesf
Msg: 105
Religion
Posted: 10/17/2017 5:07:42 PM
to get unbaptised all you have to do is to stop drinking the kool-aid ..I think the more immediate problem is how to get uncircumcised

we can rebuild him ..we have the technology ....Steve Austin .... 6 million dollar man
 Kj521
Msg: 106
Religion
Posted: 10/17/2017 5:30:07 PM
"If they become unbaptised would that be more for the purpose of entering another religious belief? I can't see an atheist doing it because it would give credence to a belief they suppoesdly don't believe in.

Individuals may choose to "unbaptize" or sever ties to a particular religion or denomination for a variety of reasons.

Such as.... the symbolic or the practical purposes of not wanting one's demographic information contained in the physical records of any given Church.
 forumslady
Msg: 107
Religion
Posted: 10/17/2017 7:02:37 PM
Religion, or the lack thereof, is a personal choice.
The only time I have a problem with religion is those who claim to understand it, to follow it, but only selectively. In a way that sets them apart, as someone who judges, which proves they don't understand religious text a bit.
People who use religion as an excuse to hate, to exclude, to isolate, to be superior, make me sick. They don't get it, not really.

My faith is on shaky ground, why is explained above, in part, the rest is on me and no one's business, no one should ask, I will NOT explain myself.

I WILL say that all manner of people use religion as an excuse to reject growth that has nothing to do with religion, were they honest about it. The rub is, these types are NOT honest about why they say the things they say, believe the way they believe and do the things they do. They use religion as a blanket excuse to be A-holes, to put it succinctly.

Otherwise, as far as relationships, religious differences is a compatibility issue and (can be) a boundary issue.

It's up to each of us to know where we stand on this. Personal boundaries matter more than religion. When a part of a couple, respect matters. If you can't embrace your differences and love each other anyway, you don't belong together, you aren't compatible.

As far as this forum, we all know (unless someone is a newbie) that it's the wild west on this forum.

As much as I respect your right to your opinion, I WILL exercise my right to disagree and express my own opinion.
 daynadaze
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Religion
Posted: 10/17/2017 9:20:51 PM
If you were baptized as a child it doesn't mean anything unless you grow to believe in this stuff as an adult. It's not like dunking or pouring water on a child has any sort of power. If you don't believe the stuff done to by your parents, forget about it.
 funchesf
Msg: 109
Religion
Posted: 10/20/2017 8:30:54 AM

Here's the rub: If someone you are interested in says she/he is Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, Bahai, Hindu, etc but does not adhere to the institutional systems of practices or beliefs, do you get concerned?

yes one should be concerned ...once someone claim to believe in God but yet claim not to be religious they become "radicalized"

Posted By: backcreek7
as I do that - we are created in the entities own image ..

this would indicate that The Lord Almighty have arms and legs which developed via the restriction of Gravity and controlled under the jurisdiction of the laws of physics therefore classifying The Lord Almighty as a product of evolution

Posted By: forumslady
My faith is on shaky ground

"to believe is to doubt" .... funches 3:16
 from site to sight
Msg: 110
Religion
Posted: 10/20/2017 9:32:21 AM
Would Adolf Hitler be considered a religious person? The symbol of Nazism, the swastika, is an ancient religious symbol used long before Hitler decided to use it. Who knows why he would use a religious symbol to represent the goal of the Nazi party.
 backcreek7
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Religion
Posted: 10/20/2017 9:43:41 AM
funches ~ " The Lord Almighty have arms and legs " < " a product of evolution " ( you may be partially right in my op, as I believe a human (s) may ultimately go from a " physical being" to a form of sheer energy. This being the possible purpose of human life, to begin with . And .... for sure , I do not propose to be so arrogant - as to KNOW humankinds destiny. Like many ( including my friend funches ) I ponder the reason for human life.

By " created in the entities own image " ..... I do not mean physical image, but mental image. In addition, I feel who or whatever conceived of our human existence, is a pure energy source - no physical attributes, whatsoever. To explain further, I would say that ~ goodness in people, is goodness bestowed by the " Lord Almighty " ( a reflection on our entities mindset )
* If by now, you don't think I'm somewhat quazy ( crazy ) here's some new fodder to chew on , col ... I think there could be billions of universes, ALL conceived with the purpose of creating ONE human who goes from the physical form, to a form of energy. Chew on that, for a minute, col.
 funchesf
Msg: 112
Religion
Posted: 10/20/2017 11:47:58 AM

Posted By: from site to sight
Would Adolf Hitler be considered a religious person?

he once was an alter boy perhaps with the misguided notion that the Jews killed Jesus

as I believe a human (s) may ultimately go from a " physical being" to a form of sheer energy.

the religious will say that's what happens when you die ....you morph into a ghost/soul ...'Tis why religion is a belief in the paranormal

And .... for sure , I do not propose to be so arrogant - as to KNOW humankinds destiny. Like many ( including my friend funches )

How Rude

By " created in the entities own image " ..... I do not mean physical image, but mental image

even created in his own mental image would point to him once having arms and legs ...and perhaps a tallywhacker ...that would be why he created Man with them

If by now, you don't think I'm somewhat quazy ( crazy )

in case that wasn't a rhetorical question ...then... perhaps not crazy ....perhaps insane?

here's some new fodder to chew on , col ... I think there could be billions of universes, ALL conceived with the purpose of creating ONE human who goes from the physical form, to a form of energy. Chew on that, for a minute, col.

if anything the Universe created life to achieve consciousness ...funches 3:16
 backcreek7
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Religion
Posted: 10/20/2017 3:02:38 PM
" how rude " < surely that was not my intention ( I'm not the rude type )

^^^ col .... I ment that you and I both ~ probably, wondered about the reason for human life.

" that's what happens when we die "
^^^ Well, I don't believe that we become like our creator when we die ~ or anything else ... I'm not religious, so I think we're simply dust when we die ~ nothing more, nothing less.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 114
Religion
Posted: 10/20/2017 6:37:00 PM

Would Adolf Hitler be considered a religious person?

Hitler was the head of his own religion....just like Trump is the head of his.

The symbol of Nazism, the swastika, is an ancient religious symbol used long before Hitler decided to use it. Who knows why he would use a religious symbol to represent the goal of the Nazi party.

Because it was taken from the purported origin of the Aryans
 funchesf
Msg: 115
Religion
Posted: 10/22/2017 7:55:17 AM

how rude " < surely that was not my intention ( I'm not the rude type )

everyone is rude but me .... funches 3:16

^^^ col .... I ment that you and I both ~ probably, wondered about the reason for human life.

why only human life and not all life? ...pondering the reason only for human life is how religions get started

I'm not religious, so I think we're simply dust when we die ~ nothing more, nothing less.

are you saying that you are without spirit? ...that you in particular ... have no soul?
 from site to sight
Msg: 116
Religion
Posted: 10/22/2017 8:04:21 AM
"I'm not religious, so I think we're simply dust when we die ~ nothing more, nothing less."
"are you saying that you are without spirit? ...that you in particular ... have no soul?"

I think what he's saying is that when the body dies, so does a person's spirit and soul.
 backcreek7
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Religion
Posted: 10/22/2017 9:15:46 AM
~ a follow up with funchesf , the never rude one, col ~

" why not all life? "
^ good question sir, I stand corrected ~ I ponder the reasons for " all " life ~ everywhere it exists ...
* but it is human life, where I find my thoughts, primarily focussed

" gone to simply dust "
^ I do not believe, in spirit or soul ~ I believe these are concoctions, of our mind ( but to each his own - I respect all beliefs, if they are not centered in hate ~ prejudice or hostility.

~ thank you for replying
backcreek 3:17 ( col )
 daynadaze
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Religion
Posted: 10/22/2017 10:35:59 AM
Ones life is not purposeless just because a person does not believe in some form of god, it's still your life and you effect many other people, what you do is important. Most people are not going to make any big waves, most will only be remembered by a few. What you do in life reflects your character, but you don't have to do big things, just be a decent person, except responsibility for your actions and amend your life when you err, then stop with the errors, repeating them, again, reflects your true character. Religion or no religion is not a factor, lots of rotten people come from both, lots of great people come from both, most of us are on a sliding scale inbetween.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 119
Religion
Posted: 10/22/2017 10:41:32 AM
^

Ones life is not purposeless just because a person does not believe in some form of god, it's still your life and you effect many other people, what you do is important. Most people are not going to make any big waves, most will only be remembered by a few. What you do in life reflects your character, but you don't have to do big things, just be a decent person, except responsibility for your actions and amend your life when you err, then stop with the errors, repeating them, again, reflects your true character. Religion or no religion is not a factor, lots of rotten people come from both, lots of great people come from both, most of us are on a sliding scale inbetween.

Well said!
 funchesf
Msg: 120
Religion
Posted: 10/22/2017 12:35:33 PM

^ good question sir, I stand corrected ~ I ponder the reasons for " all " life ~ everywhere it exists ...
* but it is human life, where I find my thoughts, primarily focussed

because you might accidentally come up with a reason to stop eating Bacon

I do not believe, in spirit or soul

but starting in "post 87" you described your creator as "One Being" an "Entity" of Energy without any physical attributes ...can you explain why you're not describing what the "religious" classify as being a "Spirit"?

it's these Perry Mason moments that makes it all worthwhile
 poppata
Msg: 121
Religion
Posted: 10/22/2017 1:48:19 PM
It's time fun, for you to explain yourself instead of always asking questions.
 backcreek7
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Religion
Posted: 10/22/2017 3:42:31 PM
funchef ~ I said, I don't believe people have spirits or souls .... which is just ~ my opinion , since it has not yet been proven. Like I stated previously though ~ you may call our creator, anything you wish ( ie -spirit / soul / god / entity, etc. )
go for it, whatever turns you on.
 funchesf
Msg: 123
Religion
Posted: 10/22/2017 4:54:19 PM

Posted By: Poppata
It's time fun, for you to explain yourself instead of always asking questions.

you had over 50 profiles no telling how any alternates and I'm pretty sure I've answered all your multi-personalities questions even the racist ones when you claim that I was the Reggae Man and practiced voodoo ..I've notice when someone ask you a difficult question you deflect and instead call them names

you claimed that German Jews were Superior because they built the bomb ...and when I asked how many Jews were liberated or Nazis killed by that Superior bomb and is the answer anything other than Zero ....you got upset and went on a racist rant about Voodoo

you may call our creator, anything you wish ( ie -spirit / soul / god / entity, etc. )
go for it, whatever turns you on.

at first you claimed that "you yourself" could call your Creator by any name ... I invited you to call him "Satan" and for some odd reason you failed to do so ...so let's move on from that to the next unanswerable question

funchef ~ I said, I don't believe people have spirits or souls

I was referring to your creator that you described as "one being" and as an "entity" of energy with no physical attributes which the religious and the Sci-fi channel refer to as a "Spirit" ....

why isn't a belief in such an "entity' that you described... not the same as a belief in the paranormal? ....
 backcreek7
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Religion
Posted: 10/22/2017 6:07:43 PM
" why isn't a belief in such an " entity' that you described... not the same as a belief in the paranormal? .... "
^^^ well, i'm no expert on either so, one un-proven belief ~ is just as good as another, in my op ...

who coulda woulda thunk it ?? a GHOST and an entity ~ out there in the shadows ( maybe hangin' out, who knows? ) ...
^ great googa mooga !

speaking of ghosts ( BOO !!!!!! ) ~ here's a super cool song, col ...
BLACK DOG ( like a GHOST ) by XOLIE MORRA & the STRANGE KIND

seriously ~ turn it ^
 tablata
Msg: 125
Religion
Posted: 10/22/2017 6:34:09 PM
First of all fun, you do look like a Reggae Man with your dreadlocks. Second of all, I only started on you after your mocking Jews killed in the Holocaust. Regardless you are never here to discuss, you are here to mock no matter what the conversation. But I'm pretty sure most people by now are well aware of your constant nonsensical babbling. So sad. You are like dees alter ego. Heck maybe you are Dee
 forumslady
Msg: 126
Religion
Posted: 10/22/2017 7:30:10 PM
Is it just me, or does anyone else get the irony of "religious" people saying religion is good, while tearing at the eyes of anyone who thinks otherwise?
Carry on ;)
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Religion