Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Prison dating      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ufcfanatic
Msg: 85
Prison datingPage 11 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Personally from my experience in law enforcement........id never date a girl who couldnt stay out of jail. Most of the people in jail (let alone prison) pick up bad habits and become much less tolerant for the rest of society. I work primarily in a jail right now, and I can personally tell you that when people tell me which jail pod they prefer........or they ask if you still have certain breakfasts/ meals on certain days, they stay in jail longer than their actually free!!

Nobody here can really tell you what to do or ultimately how to live your life, but I can tell you by experience being around these people almost every day that they'll never change (most of them). I know the lucky few do end up seeing a light on the other side of the tunnel, but the odds are against them........especially the odds of a healthy relationship that can work.
 bk1
Msg: 86
Prison dating
Posted: 12/30/2007 8:17:30 AM
Folks, I work with the Court systems. Where else can you get three square meals a day. a roof over your head, free utilities, Free education and free medical. Then on top of that...the State allows you to have groupies that want "Bad Boys"... and the state pays for the computers that they use to contact YOU thru web sites such as this.... In a previous entry..someone said " Can you blame them for making one mistake in life" ... Folks if their in prison..I can guarantee you that they have had several previous offenses...starting during their juvenile years. Therefore, these losers are not first time offenders. They make up the two to three % of the population that your taxes pay for. So, even though your not directly dating them...you get screwed by them each and every time you pick up your pay check.
 Dvrmerck
Msg: 87
Prison dating
Posted: 2/21/2008 12:12:05 PM
What is it with women and dating prisoners. John Wayne Gacey, the BTK killer etc.. all have girlfriends now. Even Stephen Grant has a girlfriend and he killed his wife. I have a theory. It's called the Pet Project theory. All women secretly need a pet project to work on. This is why they chase after the "bad boys" They don't listen to their friends who say "He's a lying cheating **stard" because women think they know that they're the one, the only one who can "Change him" Of course you are....you go on believing that.
 hharbottle1960
Msg: 88
Prison dating
Posted: 3/9/2008 9:37:49 PM
And to think Scott Peterson used to be GAY! Don't ask me how I know but he and I went to school together so you can imagine the shock of women actually wanting to marry him! It's laughable.

Also laughable is the fact that many straight men in prison try to pass themselves off
as gay so they can get shit from people! Had it happen many times over the 20 years I
have been corresponding with Prison Inmates. I've never been stupid enough to send any of them anything but they do try!
 Jeff1971
Msg: 89
Prison dating
Posted: 8/28/2008 5:13:41 AM
I would have to agree that people who have been i prison are in fact normal human beings!!!i myself have felonys and have never been in prison due to the judge here in my town never felt that i commited a crime that deserved prison time!!!you should really change your mind about dating someone who has been in prison!!!after all people who lose their jobs and get behind on their child support are now filling the ranks of (criminals)at no fault of their own!!!!Please dont judge a person by their mistakes!!!
 The rock man
Msg: 90
Prison dating..Can anyone answer this for me?
Posted: 10/16/2008 5:25:57 PM

Tanya C Gebhardt received a sentence of six years in prison and five years of probation on a charge of conspiracy to deliver a controlled substance.

So how does this change the fact that he just walked away from you? What does this mean to you now? Her going to jail doesn't change his views of you at all!
Still happy? Still gloating? either way you were less then second best! Still laughing?
 Heart Bandit
Msg: 91
Prison dating..Can anyone answer this for me?
Posted: 10/20/2008 5:26:20 PM
I bet Charles Manson gets more email from women than me.
 simplyme1960
Msg: 92
Prison dating
Posted: 10/22/2008 7:30:39 PM
Good luck to you and God Bless. It's amazing to read some of these post. Some people are so narrow minded and sanctimonious!!! Men and women in prison are there to serve a sentence, some of them are guilty and some are not. And like other's have pointed out, there are many walking the streets that should or could be in prison under the 'right' circumstance.
 madman4u
Msg: 93
Prison dating
Posted: 11/4/2008 2:08:12 PM
Your the type of girl that makes the statement nice guys finish last lol...To BE with a guy or GIRL for that matter whoS in jail = one thing..YOu LIKE creeps and u have veryyyy veryyyy low self esteem..good luck tho..You will need it sister....seeya..
 smalltowngirl0
Msg: 94
Prison dating
Posted: 11/4/2008 3:04:00 PM
hi, i worked for the Texas Dept of Criminal Justice for three years as a corrections officer, i saw all kinds of things men will do, while they are at their worst.
there is no way i would ever consider a relationship withe a convict, what on earth will they offer to the relationship??
you willl spend years possibly waiting for them to get out, and prison changes a person, it took me five years after i left the system to learn to trust the "basic goodness in mankind"

just my two cents worth
 ThatVibe
Msg: 95
Prison dating
Posted: 11/11/2008 2:29:00 AM
Well, bad decisions ... made by prosecutors, police, and/or juries (typically with the help of the faulty recollection of eyewitnesses) have put many people in prison for crimes they never committed. Wasn't it recently that half the people who were on Death Row in Illinois were proven innocent by DNA evidence? Makes one wonder how many of their pre-DNA predecessors in the ground were in fact innocent.

That said, I haven't ever dated anyone who was in prison, but I have dated some women with "checkered pasts."
 ThatsNOTmybaby
Msg: 96
Prison dating
Posted: 11/26/2008 11:31:14 PM
U mean to tell me that the law breaking, drug dealing, crime committing male can find "love" faster than a honest, law abiding, hard working man??! What the world is coming to??!

DANG...Females are that 'hard up' these days for a man? Yes there are women that LOVE excons/ex felons! In the "hood", the drug dealer/hustler/thug is glorified big time!

LAWD HELP US!
 segaldamez
Msg: 97
Prison dating
Posted: 1/19/2009 2:05:12 PM
well i am currently in a relationship with someone who is in prision, he is goin to be there for around 4 more years, in most cases this may seem ridiculous, but i myself have done things where i could too end up in prision, but i guess my luck hasnt allowed me to have gotten caught. i do agree sometimes we make mistakes and we all need second chances, some people learn from the first like myself and others like my boyfriend dont learn until after. When talkin to him, he talks to me about that things that hes gone through and well in a way i do see why his frustration can lead him to not think before reacting, but the thing is not all people in jail are bad, hes a good loving guy who made a mistake, dont get me wrong there are plenty of people in prison who are horrible and use others to waste the time but who knows me and this guy, we get along so well and he talks to me about changin, lets see wen he gets out if he means it. plus i myself am in no rush to be into a realtionship asap, so the waiting i dont mind, its even better cause i need to settle my life first.
 Ameerra
Msg: 98
Prison dating
Posted: 1/20/2009 4:48:44 AM
Being in prison for a long time is a traumatic experience IMO, and I would not take the chance with a man who is not emotionally healthy and well balanced. Of course it depends on the crime, the time, the facility and the person. But that's a big concern.

Plus, I believe what he's done while he is in prison will be between him and GOD -- a woman will never really know.

As for women dating a man who is locked up, many of these women don't really want to be in a relationship. They have the comfort of knowing they "have" someone without having to ever deal with the guy. When the guy get's out and they start having to have a real relationship, then the sh!t hits the fan. Usually one person or both can't handle it.
 Mr.DallasHandsome
Msg: 99
Prison dating
Posted: 3/4/2009 4:03:41 PM
yes i am in the feds and it does work out long as you know and hane an understanding
 funcandyus
Msg: 100
Prison dating
Posted: 5/5/2009 5:35:10 PM
I really didn't know that this post would last as long as it did when I first posted it. I am happy to see that it is still going strong and that people have mixed reviews. Some positive and more negative as I already knew might be the case. Just an update to my situation. My man has been out 5 years now. We seperated for 2 years because of the stress of me worrying about what other people thought. He served 15 years, and with his newfound freedom, he just didn't know how to act. He stayed out all night drinking with his friends almost every night and I couldn't deal with that. Now that we have reconciled now for almost 3 years, things are going great. He has a great job that he loves and hasn't missed a day or been late since he has started. Our relationship is going great and I couldn't be happier. I can't say that things are perfect because I would be lying. Although, he still drinks, it is only on the weekends and he comes home at a decent hour. We still have alot to work on in regards to building a relationship because he didn't have a lot of experiences with it before he he got locked up since he got locked up at the age of 20. But overall he is doing better than I expected. He takes care of his children and responsibilities. I know this is a decison many would never choose , but I am happy that I did. God bless to everyone and keep up the great posts!
 MzEm
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Prison dating
Posted: 6/12/2011 9:29:17 AM
Wow, Listen to yourself. What a selfish brat. Prisoners are people's brothers, sisters, moms, dads, uncles, aunts, grandparents, etc. In other words, they are people too. We have all made mistakes just some of us don't get caught. I am sure you have broken the law at some time in your life. God says we are not to judge others. I'm a felon. Although I never went to prison I am a productive citizen. I am a mother of 2 and pay all my bills. It is possible to make mistakes and move on. Not all say they aren't guilty. Most of them know they are and are doing their responsibility for the crime. Go get yourself some education, sister.
 Lolita_LeBron
Msg: 102
Prison dating
Posted: 6/14/2011 5:31:52 PM
Hahahahahaha!!!!! Doubt that a relationship has worked for too long after that person was released from prison. Lots of hard work sleeping with one eye open and the other one closed, keeping stock of everything in your house, and wondering if the Feds are going to bust you because your SO is stashing junk in your home.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 103
Prison dating
Posted: 6/17/2011 5:19:23 PM
Thats rigth 'Nice Guys' you just got Nexted for County Orange.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 104
Prison dating
Posted: 6/20/2011 8:42:01 PM

Prisoners are people's brothers, sisters, moms, dads, uncles, aunts, grandparents, etc. In other words, they are people too. We have all made mistakes just some of us don't get caught. I am sure you have broken the law at some time in your life. God says we are not to judge others.
Spare me please, everyone makes mistakes but not the kind of mistakes that makes us a guest of the government, people dont get prison time for jay walking or speeding ( unless you're drunk and killed someone)

I'm a felon. Although I never went to prison I am a productive citizen. I am a mother of 2 and pay all my bills. It is possible to make mistakes and move on. Not all say they aren't guilty. Most of them know they are and are doing their responsibility for the crime. Go get yourself some education, sister.
you need to get educated, you're not doing time so youve learned, but we are talking about people that is a guest of the government and a guest for a long time, why would any normal woman want to date someone in prison that is doing life for Murder? or a serial killer, mass murderer, drug dealer , terrorist etc
 LONGUN49
Msg: 105
Prison dating
Posted: 8/9/2011 10:30:25 AM
Hi there this is just a short message to you like what i read would like to now more ,there is a saying we are who we are we all do daft things in life sometimes we ave to pay the price .It would be nice to talk to you some time soon maybe i could make life worth living for you the very best for now Graham
 cookies1972
Msg: 106
Prison dating
Posted: 8/20/2011 8:09:36 PM
why are going to date someone in prison? he will most likely re-offend when he is released and depending why he is in prison he will never be able to get a good job. If you think you are going to be the woman to change him, good luck with that! people don't change unless they want to. If he is in jail for drugs run for the hills because that rarely gets any better. what do you think the chances are he will re-offend and how will you deal with that?
 usher26usher
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Prison dating
Posted: 4/22/2012 6:12:54 PM
lol that is too funny
 InMyOwnTime25
Msg: 108
Prison dating
Posted: 4/23/2012 6:45:21 PM
I would never date anyone from prison unless they were only in there for like a month for some minor misdemeanor.. since I know that there are a few really minor offenses that sound like nothing but can lead to a month's imprisonment.. can't remember any right now off the top of my head but I know they have to do with driving.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Prison dating