Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 33
Prison datingPage 5 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
^^^^^The boyfriend doesn't need to "share" his paperwork with her, it's public record. If she wants to see it, all she has to do is pull it up on the web or visit her local courthouse.

And yes, there are times when life takes turns we do not expect. I work in the legal community (have for over 18 years) and like it or not, not all criminals are in jail, nor are all in jail criminals. No one needs to bash me for that statement, I know I know....all government figures (police officers, etc.) are honest, do their job, etc., etc. (yeah right!!) The simple fact is, sometimes you may love someone who makes bad choices for him/herself. That is life. And yes, there is someone in my life who is incarcerated. He is probably the most honest person I've ever known, that is why he's incarcerated ~ he admitted his mistake. Now, he's paying for it. He lost me, his freedom and a portion of himself. I stay in contact with him, out of respect. He taught me the true meaning of love. For you doubters out there ~~~ be very careful what you say. Things happen in life that you would never anticipate. Unless you've been in my shoes or anyone else's shoes in this position you can not say with certainty what you would or would not do. I learned that lesson the hardest way imaginable. I was once very judgmental, like many here ~~ not now. ~ Without knowing him, I wouldn't know love ~ how lucky I am that he entered my life.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 34
Prison dating
Posted: 5/16/2006 11:46:40 AM
^^^Should either of you need to vent from time to time, feel free to email me. There are definitely times when one needs to talk to someone who isn't going to point out all of the hateful/negative aspects of our choices!! I have some great online support links, for those of us ~~ out here ~~ so to speak! Good luck to you both.
 Pointofview4u
Msg: 35
Prison dating
Posted: 5/16/2006 3:02:04 PM
First off I want everyone that reads this to know that I am not passing judgment on this jessika2980. I have no hate, or ill will towards her or her or her parents profession and I wish her nothing and her family nothing but the best now and in the future. But I just want to share a different point of view on things about her and her family being apart of the legal system. I read through everything written on this forum about "Prison Dating" And out of everyone who spoke on this matter this user jessika2980 was totally hilarious in the way she presents herself and with her thinking. BTW she would NOT make a very good lawyer. Most of the time she was just making comments that you don’t even have to be a licensed legal professional to even know yourself what she is talking about is against the law. BLAH BLAH BLAH… Have you noticed how she talks about what is morally and or legally right and wrong and what she would not do because its not morally or legally right, but wrong? like all that "talk" in someway makes her a better person or that she even for an instant even believes and or lives the life in which she speaks about. Almost every time she spoke on this forum she speaks in a way that because she has parents that worked and even retired from our legal system and that she too has worked in our legal system that in some way that makes her and or her parents better people than others. That is totally false. MOST of the time dealing with the kinds of people that are corrupt in the legal system that is one of the FIRST signs to watch out for as a professional to spot them for who they truly are as corrupt and completely unjust and or plain and simple no good. Let me tell you the other side of the REAL truth and learn something Jessika backing it with FACT because that 2980 could be just your own prison number that you and or one of your parents deserve yourself ... Some of the worst people you will ever find in the entire world that have gotten away scott free over and over endlessly with corruption, drug dealing and use, assault, mental and physical abuse, rape, murder and so on are people IN our justice system even NOW and or that have retired. That includes possibly you and or your own parents jessika. I have seen even those working in our justice system currently, and or retired if not cover up crimes of there own help a friend and or family member cover up a major crime they would have went to prison over MANY times. And let me tell you don’t think the US government WILL NOT KILL YOU if they think you’re a threat to blow the whistle on someone doing things illegally but its suppose to be TOP SECRET off the record that’s only for the better of America and the American people. I would rather you save your BS on how just because you work and or have worked in our justice system that you are in someway BETTER or completely innocent cause I can assure you with FACT that your far from innocent and or perfect little lady. That includes you and or your parents. Being in the profession I am in I have seen this shit FIRST HAND PERSONALLY over and over with all types and kinds of local, state, and national law enforcement officials and agencies and government officials and agencies and its sad that there are even actual contracts that keep those that work in the legal system on local and state and national levels from ever being convicted of breaking the law themselves even for MAJOR crimes such as MURDER. Another fact is even if you can't cover a crime up, if you know the right people and or can afford a good lawyer its already been proven over and over that even if your caught RED HANDED for the crime you can pay your way out of trouble rape murder ect ect.... So please little girl save your statements for your parents to make them happy. After all I bet they even helped you get a conviction for that dude you say raped you. And maybe he did and if so then he got what he deserved… But then again if say he didn’t really rape you, it still made it allot easier for that person to be convicted with your parents and you already apart of the legal system didn’t it? Even if he was completely innocent, but you just wanted to **** up that mans life up because you were pissed off maybe because he just left you and wanted nothing to do with you and or he just cheated on you and that made you so angry you decided to claim rape and say to yourself that he will pay. Maybe you were virgin and it would have killed mommy and daddy that you had sex out of wedlock so claiming rape would have covered your ass in that situation as well and or heres another maybe just maybe you were and or are a married woman that was out cheating around on your husband behind his back there was a chance you were gonna get caught and or did get caught and in order to make sure it was covered up and make you look completely innocent you claimed this man you were willingly having sex with raped you. After all you will always me mommy and daddy’s little girl that can do no wrong. Even if something happened to where you went out and killed someone yourself in cold blood over something, I bet even if your parents knew right up front that you DID it that you was guilty they would STILL try to prove your innocence as much as they could because your there little girl. They would probably work there asses off day and night if not to get you off scott free, or lesson the charges so you would not do any prison or county jail time or just so you could spend sometime in a mental hospital and be out and that’s only IF they couldn’t in some way get the crime you committed completely covered up first. Gos back to what I have always said that is also FACT. Just because America has the greatest working system to date in the world, doesn’t mean that it is NOT a system with major flaws. That will never change because the people who are in control of our legal system no matter on what level the contribute there service they are not flawless people.

Including jessika and her parents.
 sayonara7
Msg: 36
Prison dating
Posted: 5/18/2006 9:19:36 PM
"only bad if they killed someone"

I strongly disagree.In my opinion, a rape is a greater crime than murder.When you kill a person, atleast the person dies and is free.But when you rape a woman, she loses everything and has to live with that horrible act committed against her for the rest of her life.I am not a forgiving-forgetting type of a person.However, if I had to forgive either a murderer or a rapist, I'd forgive the murderer.Because when you rape a woman, you kill her everyday and that is the greatest crime in my opinion.
 ShanKat
Msg: 37
Prison dating
Posted: 5/19/2006 9:10:58 AM
Just DONT DROP THE SOAP....

unless you really wanna.
 ShanKat
Msg: 38
Prison dating
Posted: 5/19/2006 9:12:46 AM
I totally agree. Prison doest NOT rehabilitate anybody. Institutionalizes them if anything. When people change out of their ways, I think its purely out of their own mental strength. Which happens rarely, have you seen Dog the Bounty Hunter? cheesy reference, but you see my point lol.
 36665thebeastfp
Msg: 39
Prison dating ? to it
Posted: 5/20/2006 9:15:20 AM
if a woman be in prison it depends on what she has done to get there just because there doing time dont mean thay should be total condemond but there are problem 1 if thay were on drugs like meth and it is mental and sexuall adictive and only about 6% quit after thay get back out on the streets one reason is thay go back to the same people in the same kind of inviourment thay really dont have much of a chance and most people wouldnot want much to do withthem after thay get out of prision because of porole comlication and probashion officer problems and there past connections this is alot of extra baggage toi carry around
i get write to the point now some people end up in jail for other reaso n but most people that mitedate a womaN OR MAN FROM PRISON THAT IS SERVING TIME WOULD WANT TO KNOW WHAT THAY HAD COMMITED YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT IT FROM A INTELIGENT POINT OF VIEW
I HAVEA IQ OF 117 AND THATS ONLY BECAUSE IM NOT THE BEST AT MATH AND SPELLING BUT CAN READ LIKE PRO SO YES YOU COULD WRITE ME BUT YOU WOULD HAVE TO CONSIDER TELLING THE TRUTH SO WEMON WOULDSAY ANY THING TO GET OUT OF PRISON AND THAT WOULD BE UNDERSTANDIBLE LIFE IS NEVER EAZY SOMTIMES SHI? HAPP??? AND THINGS OCCUR BEYOND OUR CONTROL ALAN47 OUT OF HERE . MUCH CONSIDERRATION WOULD NEED TO BE DONE IN SUCH A CASE.
 SelfSufficient
Msg: 40
Prison dating
Posted: 6/27/2006 12:51:02 AM
There are a lot of really uniformed people here but I can understand if you get your info on TV or in the newspaper.

Currently the US has a higher percentage of it's popluation locked up than any county ever has in history. We have a higher percentage locked up than Communist China, the Soviets or even Nazi Germany ever did. We have become a police state where everything is criminalized. Land of the free? My arse!

You think a felony is such a bad thing? Well someone that owned gold during the 50's when it was illegal to own could be a felon, talking to someone about a question on the FL construction exams could make you a felon, or walking down the street with your chid and using a port-a-john on a construction site could also make you a felon in FL. Whole books can be written about this twisting and hysteria centering around this word.

The pittsburgh post-gazette did one of the best investigative reports on Prosecutorial Misconduct I have ever read http://www.post-gazette.com/win/justice.asp I highly reccomend it.

Take a moment and read this Ayn Rand quote that surmises what is going on:

"Did you really think that we want those laws to be observed?" said
Dr. Ferris. "We WANT them broken. You'd better get it straight that
it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against - then you'll know
that this is not the age of beautiful gestures. We're after power and
we mean it. You fellows were pikers, but we know the real trick, and
you'd better get wise to it. There's no way to rule innocent men. The
only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals.
Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one MAKES them. One
declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for
men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding
citizens?
What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that
can neither be observed nor enforced nor objectively interpreted - and
you create a nation of law-breakers - and then you cash in on guilt.
Now that's the system, Mr. Rearden, that's the game, and once you
understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with."

(Page 406 of Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand).
 rainbowdust8
Msg: 44
Prison dating
Posted: 2/15/2007 6:26:06 PM
LOL! Why do it? Why do you even consider it I wonder.
 vhdc
Msg: 45
Prison dating
Posted: 3/2/2007 9:01:18 AM
Recidivism. Nope would not do it. With that being said there are plenty of people out there who are attracted to this kind of personality and/or live for the drama and even encourage it.
 vhdc
Msg: 46
Prison dating
Posted: 3/2/2007 11:51:42 AM
There are no givens in life. Some go on to live without committing further crimes. However, why the hell would I bother with someone in prison? The fact you got there in the first place is more than enough evidence for me that we are not on the same page no matter the circumstances.
 tjbama1
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Prison dating
Posted: 12/21/2007 7:21:56 AM
I always figured I would never do something like that. After working in a prison, some of these guys are bad news, but some of them just messed up. Alot of them are in there for things most of us have done and just didn't get caught. These are just men and you would have to be very patient with them once they come home because there is a period of adjustment. Follow your heart is all I can say.
 Wabbitswayer
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Prison dating
Posted: 12/29/2007 10:07:51 PM
If anything it does give a person time to get their house cleaned up before your new friend visits.
 bk1
Msg: 49
Prison dating
Posted: 12/30/2007 8:17:30 AM
Folks, I work with the Court systems. Where else can you get three square meals a day. a roof over your head, free utilities, Free education and free medical. Then on top of that...the State allows you to have groupies that want "Bad Boys"... and the state pays for the computers that they use to contact YOU thru web sites such as this.... In a previous entry..someone said " Can you blame them for making one mistake in life" ... Folks if their in prison..I can guarantee you that they have had several previous offenses...starting during their juvenile years. Therefore, these losers are not first time offenders. They make up the two to three % of the population that your taxes pay for. So, even though your not directly dating them...you get screwed by them each and every time you pick up your pay check.
 Dvrmerck
Msg: 50
Prison dating
Posted: 2/21/2008 12:12:05 PM
What is it with women and dating prisoners. John Wayne Gacey, the BTK killer etc.. all have girlfriends now. Even Stephen Grant has a girlfriend and he killed his wife. I have a theory. It's called the Pet Project theory. All women secretly need a pet project to work on. This is why they chase after the "bad boys" They don't listen to their friends who say "He's a lying cheating **stard" because women think they know that they're the one, the only one who can "Change him" Of course you are....you go on believing that.
 hharbottle1960
Msg: 51
Prison dating
Posted: 3/9/2008 9:37:49 PM
And to think Scott Peterson used to be GAY! Don't ask me how I know but he and I went to school together so you can imagine the shock of women actually wanting to marry him! It's laughable.

Also laughable is the fact that many straight men in prison try to pass themselves off
as gay so they can get shit from people! Had it happen many times over the 20 years I
have been corresponding with Prison Inmates. I've never been stupid enough to send any of them anything but they do try!
 madman4u
Msg: 52
Prison dating
Posted: 11/4/2008 2:08:12 PM
Your the type of girl that makes the statement nice guys finish last lol...To BE with a guy or GIRL for that matter whoS in jail = one thing..YOu LIKE creeps and u have veryyyy veryyyy low self esteem..good luck tho..You will need it sister....seeya..
 MzEm
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Prison dating
Posted: 6/12/2011 9:29:17 AM
Wow, Listen to yourself. What a selfish brat. Prisoners are people's brothers, sisters, moms, dads, uncles, aunts, grandparents, etc. In other words, they are people too. We have all made mistakes just some of us don't get caught. I am sure you have broken the law at some time in your life. God says we are not to judge others. I'm a felon. Although I never went to prison I am a productive citizen. I am a mother of 2 and pay all my bills. It is possible to make mistakes and move on. Not all say they aren't guilty. Most of them know they are and are doing their responsibility for the crime. Go get yourself some education, sister.
 Lolita_LeBron
Msg: 57
Prison dating
Posted: 6/14/2011 5:31:52 PM
Hahahahahaha!!!!! Doubt that a relationship has worked for too long after that person was released from prison. Lots of hard work sleeping with one eye open and the other one closed, keeping stock of everything in your house, and wondering if the Feds are going to bust you because your SO is stashing junk in your home.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 58
Prison dating
Posted: 6/17/2011 5:19:23 PM
Thats rigth 'Nice Guys' you just got Nexted for County Orange.
 Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 59
Prison dating
Posted: 6/20/2011 8:42:01 PM

Prisoners are people's brothers, sisters, moms, dads, uncles, aunts, grandparents, etc. In other words, they are people too. We have all made mistakes just some of us don't get caught. I am sure you have broken the law at some time in your life. God says we are not to judge others.
Spare me please, everyone makes mistakes but not the kind of mistakes that makes us a guest of the government, people dont get prison time for jay walking or speeding ( unless you're drunk and killed someone)

I'm a felon. Although I never went to prison I am a productive citizen. I am a mother of 2 and pay all my bills. It is possible to make mistakes and move on. Not all say they aren't guilty. Most of them know they are and are doing their responsibility for the crime. Go get yourself some education, sister.
you need to get educated, you're not doing time so youve learned, but we are talking about people that is a guest of the government and a guest for a long time, why would any normal woman want to date someone in prison that is doing life for Murder? or a serial killer, mass murderer, drug dealer , terrorist etc
 LONGUN49
Msg: 60
Prison dating
Posted: 8/9/2011 10:30:25 AM
Hi there this is just a short message to you like what i read would like to now more ,there is a saying we are who we are we all do daft things in life sometimes we ave to pay the price .It would be nice to talk to you some time soon maybe i could make life worth living for you the very best for now Graham
 cookies1972
Msg: 61
Prison dating
Posted: 8/20/2011 8:09:36 PM
why are going to date someone in prison? he will most likely re-offend when he is released and depending why he is in prison he will never be able to get a good job. If you think you are going to be the woman to change him, good luck with that! people don't change unless they want to. If he is in jail for drugs run for the hills because that rarely gets any better. what do you think the chances are he will re-offend and how will you deal with that?
 usher26usher
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Prison dating
Posted: 4/22/2012 6:12:54 PM
lol that is too funny
 InMyOwnTime25
Msg: 63
Prison dating
Posted: 4/23/2012 6:45:21 PM
I would never date anyone from prison unless they were only in there for like a month for some minor misdemeanor.. since I know that there are a few really minor offenses that sound like nothing but can lead to a month's imprisonment.. can't remember any right now off the top of my head but I know they have to do with driving.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >