Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IThought UWereAHandpuppet
Msg: 94
Sex on the First DatePage 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
What's the problem? Just collect the $ up front!
 SparkintheDark
Msg: 97
Sex on the First Date
Posted: 12/20/2007 6:53:27 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again... I will never, and never have, slept with a man on a first date. It's my own personal morals, and beliefs, etc... and others, well, to each their own. But if any man pressures me for sex, when we don't even know each oter... there's the door, buddy! NEXT!!!!

JAKEJR266
Msg: 98
Sex on the First Date
Posted: 12/20/2007 9:55:59 PM
Whenever I read a post where someone says something on the order of "All men lie", I recoil. Speaking in such absolute terms is without foundation, justification and certainly can't be proved. I'd like to see the research that supports the "All" contention. "Many" and, occasionally, "Most" could work, but certainly not "All". To me using that word is an emotional response resulting from bad experiences, but certainly doesn't rise to the level of labeling "All" men as liars.
Most of us have heard or read of not using "never" (as in 'never say never'), but the same thing applies to 'All", "Everyone/body", "Always", etc.

As far a sex on the first date; I had sex on the first date with my ex-wife. We were married 3 months later and remained married for over 23 years.

My personal experience stands in contrast to the majority of the opinions I've read on this thread. So to universally condemn it, I feel, is ill-advised. To me, it's an individual call, to be made by the two parties involved.
 naeco
Msg: 103
Sex on the First Date
Posted: 1/1/2008 2:55:41 PM
Sorry to go in the face of everyone's advice, but I had sex with the ex-wife on the second date, and we were together 14 years. My friend had sex with his girlfriend on the FIRST date, and they are still together 11 years later. So it's not always a mistake.
 missgenie
Msg: 107
Sex on the First Date
Posted: 1/1/2008 3:27:00 PM
the reason that you have a problem with this, is that... you have disrespected yourself! and you know it! anytime you allow yourself to be pressured into something, ( a buying decision or a one night stand or even staying in a long , suffering affair )than you have not been your own best friend...next time , ask yourself if the person you love most were in this situation, what advice would have for them? and then give it to yourself!!...remember, you are responsible for your own happiness! and unhappiness!
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Sex on the First Date
Posted: 1/1/2008 4:27:29 PM
If YOU want to have sex on the first date..have sex

If you don't...don't

simple really... no one can "pressure" you into sex, and anyone who tries to pressure someone is not worth having sex with anyway..IMHO

Peace
 coolishpillow
Msg: 110
Sex on the First Date
Posted: 1/1/2008 7:04:21 PM
I think you should of waited until the 3rd date to do it see we all love to have sex but don't rush into it do safe sex
 pakogrey
Msg: 114
Sex on the First Date
Posted: 1/2/2008 10:22:51 AM
Sex on the first date is risky in a numer of ways. First off, You should never had been pressured into this. Did he hold a gun to you? In any event, it is OK to have sex on the first date if it is a mutual attraction and is entered upon wantingly by both parties. Of course there is always the danger of transmitted disease with a partner you don't really know. And both guys and gals can be pretty good liars about past performances. In the realm of life which is so short and basically pretty meaningless really I would just say, "why not?" Who's it going to hurt in the long run? Unless pregnancy occurs than there is a huge decision to make. And does the baby deserve the consequences that may occur? I dobn't think that any social stigma should dictate sex or anything for that matter. It is a personal decision that only you can make.
 boaterbob925
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Sex on the First Date
Posted: 1/10/2008 3:18:14 PM
I think you saved yourself a lot of time.
You are both consenting adults that shared an adult pleasure.
If the sex wasn't anything to write home about, now you can spend your time searching for someone who gets your fires hot.
I have noticed a few comments that seem to harken back to our old friend Mr. Standard Dubleve. If a man will take what is offered from a lady on the first date, then leave thinking he really met a slut, then what does that make him?
Personally I think that a lady who is comfortable enough in her own skin to share pleasure with another person as a way of getting to know each other is pretty fantastic. I wish that the word "slut" could be elevated to the level of "erotic free spirit".
Bob
 Boricua Papi
Msg: 119
Sex on the First Date
Posted: 1/10/2008 5:41:31 PM
I think she just wanted a piece too and now she is saying the guyis the guilty one
 TheLimey
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Sex on the First Date
Posted: 3/1/2008 11:39:38 AM
I've noticed there's a quite a few profiles from gals on here that include lines such as "bring the damn condoms!" etc...

maybe I should have bookmarked those ones.. LOL!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >