Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 P dub ii
Msg: 12
What does he mean? Does it even mean anything at all?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
The reason why he talks of marriage so much now is because he's afraid of losing you to someone. You mean something to him. He's put so much into just spending time with you, meaning you know each other very well. There always comes a point where you really start wondering "what if". This is where you have to be clear on where you stand. But he can't do anything until he knows how you feel. He can't even reject or accept you right now. But if your feelings continue to grow then thing will be awkward. For the simple fact that your feeling are growing more and more for him. Your fear of losing him as a friend is killing your ability to move forward in what ever direction you both decide to take.
 anunu
Msg: 13
view profile
History
What does he mean? Does it even mean anything at all?
Posted: 11/18/2009 8:19:46 AM
I think this is cute

He has really fallen for you.
Are you in love with him?
 boinkboinkboink
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/18/2009 8:38:28 AM

I would but then If I'm wrong then I'm breaking the initial deal, I might lose him as a friend too. And it will hurt a lot on my side coz I think I love him already.

But, if you don't talk about it you'll remain stuck in your current state unable to develop a real relationship with another man. If you love him, and remain just friends, you'll never move forward in your life.

I will NEVER EVER EVER again persue a friendship with a woman I desire. It is an ugly, painful trap!! I'd rather end the friendship, learn the truth, and move forward. ... but that is me, and I am not you.
 tnt144
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/18/2009 8:39:47 AM
Ahhhh... the tale of two distant lovers...so close and yet so far away.

You know what you have to do to find out what the future of your relationship is? You have to get him somewhere comfortable, like the couch, snuggle up real close and...

You have to kiss him. And not the kind of kiss you give your momma or daddy... I mean a long, passionate, searching, kiss on the lips. Don't talk about it or otherwise telegraph your move, it's unnatural, believe it or not. Just lean in and sock it to 'em!

If you have been seeing them for a while and everything else is right, if you want to find out whether or not the relationship can go to the next stage, and if they really love you or not, it's in their kiss.
 scottey63
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2009 10:24:37 AM
Oh, yeah, he's in love with you. What you said to him is a terrible thing to say to a man who has feelings for you. Has no one ever explained the fragile male ego to you?
 daynadaze
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2009 11:27:28 AM
Ask him and tell him the truth about how you feel, don't leave him just hanging there. You've been having sex and spending time with the guy for a year, and you can't just ask him???
 kaiser1one
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/23/2009 2:22:57 PM
Females I know would rather not date their friends. I think the opposite. I think it's a great idea. You already know a ton about this person, so you can skip the whole "interview stage" of dating. The question is, would you be able to remain friends if it didn't work out?

That is the reason alot of women don't date their friends.
 spunkybum52
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/23/2009 10:40:19 PM
Duh... hellooo? YES he is interested in you. Yes he was hurt & cut when you told him you wouldn't need hm anymore, and yes he meant YOU to marry and have kids with him. He definitley has feelings for you but is holding them back because he knows that all you want is friendship. He was testing you to see if you wanted the same thing he wanted (marriage and kids). He would probably be devastated if you left him for someone else and got married to anyone except him. If you are interested in making this someone more than just friendship, then say so and move to the next level. If not, then you'd better be careful and move back a bit, cause this guy is getting too serious about you. Go up to him and tell him that you wanted the same thing (marriage and kids) and see what he says. Go with the flow.
 InNCsearching
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/24/2009 9:01:38 AM
work + relationships = more problems than you can have being a soldier in Iraq. I still don't know why people even consider it. keep them both seperate...work and personal life. you don't want one affecting your livelihood. besides if it goes bad, then who says there won't be a work rumor or he or you know someone higher in the company or because it went bad want to sabotage the other's career. a broken heart or feelings tend to get nasty. just let it go
 kpooks
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2009 10:45:46 AM
Yes, I think there's interest there, but you two are either too lazy or too happy with the way it is to initiate anything more-!

If you WANT to initiate more, I think you need to say it and ask "do you feel the same?". Don't ASS-ume anything. Relying on us strangers is not going to garner the answers you seek to your questions. Develop some courage and say these things to the one you're fond of.
 CaptainDad
Msg: 26
Posted: 11/24/2009 1:40:59 PM
Is this for real or a plot from a Lifetime (tm) movie?

You're both REALLY into each other and both scared as hell that the other person doesn't feel the same way.

Here's what you do..

Ready?...

TELL HIM!!!!

then live happily ever after.

pandusvenator
Msg: 27
Posted: 11/24/2009 1:48:57 PM
Well it seems pretty obvious to me. lol Your both being dumb as a post. Funny how people throw up imaginary barriers. Your in love so knock it off. That is not allowed...you know that. Love is against the rules you know. How dare you fall in love like that. We are watching you........
 Man_of_steele
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/13/2009 3:29:53 AM
***She knows exactly what is going on and thinks she will hold out for better, stringing him along for backup.***

Precisely.

If he's lucky, he'll find our she's an insecure, shallow idiot and ditch her for a real woman.

EDIT: For the above post, you can't fix it. But you deserve what you got, since you were obviously stringing him along. The moment you got a boyfriend, you'd stop hanging around with him, and we all know it. That isn't being a friend, that's being a shallow manipulator. The kind that men hate.

He's better off without you.

Get your friggen head together. Learn grown-ups treat friends. Turn off your TV, and open a book. Develop your personality. Until then, please don't date anyone. Men have had enough of women like you.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >