Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > What are your Pet Peeves?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TJ7
Msg: 101
What are your Pet Peeves?Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
OMG I started this thread back in November 09 - can't believe it was found and brought up again - LOL (just for you PickMe007 - better then LMAO - because that's definitely not possible )

Anyways.....new pet peeve......

........the lady who pulls behind me every morn on my way to school and rides my butt for miles - she just hasn't gotten the hint that the more she's on my butt, the slower I'm going to go - I just smile

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

DesertFox3
Msg: 102
view profile
History
What are your Pet Peeves?
Posted: 8/21/2010 3:05:52 AM
WB TJ..... :) ..... Biker season over?

TJ, you know they follow extra close for some reason in Ohio.
 TJ7
Msg: 103
Posted: 8/21/2010 6:28:26 AM
Hey Foxy - thanks...............no softball season is over - time for me to start riding

Ok, I'll bite - why DO they follow extra close in Ohio??
 DesertFox3
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2010 12:56:23 PM
TJ, not sure & there is no punchline to this one... in my observations on the past trips outside of Ohio I have noted this. a pet peeve of mine too. Coming back from Maryland recently & even being on unfamilar roads no one seemed to bumper hitch untill I got on the Ohio Turnpike & became much worse on I480-271.

A cop will be more likely to ticket for a couple miles over in no traffic, then to get someone for bumper riding & it's the speeds they practice this .

Up by me they are tearing up both Rt 2 & I 90 with narrow lanes & very uneven pavement, with a limit of 50, though hard pressed your going slow @ 65 in these areas, & people are very unforgiving & will ride the bumper... then pass in the narrowest part of the construction zone.... must give them a rush of adrenilin.

Scary part most are on their mobile telecommunications devices while doing this.

Thought you had found your Biker & deleted your profile TJ.
 TJ7
Msg: 105
Posted: 8/21/2010 2:31:16 PM
No

I always delete my profile during the spring and summer - softball season - but since that's done with for a few weeks (and yes, I honestly miss it), thought I'd come back on to see all my favs
 climbsagain
Msg: 106
Posted: 8/23/2010 5:03:47 AM
Yesterday I had three bikes pass my car with two bikes flying by on the right side and one bike to the left. I was driving 75 so its not like I was going in slow motion. The bikes than crisscrossed through traffic for the next half a mile nearly causing a number of accidents. Why can't folks on bikes with a death wish learn to drive? Of course they were wearing tennis shoes, shorts, tee shirts and no helmet. Why does health care continue to rise?
 TJ7
Msg: 107
Posted: 8/23/2010 6:31:29 AM
Biker-wannabes that have major stupidity going on!!

Real bikers - although they enjoy an occasional rush of speed - don't put themselves or others in harms way - and they wear the proper attire just in case.

Although I LOVE riding - it irritates me when I look in my rear view mirror and see a biker zooming up behind and around me - unfortunately, I'm always looking for an accident to happen in front of me - I pray that I never have to see one.
 climbsagain
Msg: 108
Posted: 8/23/2010 6:39:30 AM
^^^^^^^^Although I LOVE riding - it irritates me when I look in my rear view mirror and see a biker zooming up behind and around me - unfortunately, I'm always looking for an accident to happen in front of me - I pray that I never have to see one.

I helped individuals after the bike they were riding cut to close to a car and spun out of control crossing three lanes of traffic where the passenger was hit my a car that was in the high speed lane. We did everything we could to make the couple comfortable until the rescue squad arrived. The jerk operating the bike lived. His young girlfriend died leaving behind a loving family. He was cited for reckless operation, one of many that he had received in a short time. No helmets!

TJ7
Msg: 109
Posted: 8/23/2010 9:16:35 AM
Pet peeve...........................

.............fickle men - just as bad as women sometimes
 DesertFox3
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2010 10:27:22 AM

I always delete my profile during the spring and summer - softball season - but since that's done with for a few weeks (and yes, I honestly miss it), thought I'd come back on to see all my favs

& I always thought you found 'the one' to go riding with over the summer!
 TJ7
Msg: 111
Posted: 8/23/2010 1:29:43 PM
^^^^^^ No - last summer, I dated someone for a little while and we rode - but it didn't work out - I won't continue dating a man just because he has a bike if the relationship isn't working.

I generally will ride with either my nephew or a couple friends.
 DrKimono
Msg: 112
Posted: 8/23/2010 4:29:31 PM
TJ, fickle men? There seems to be an epidemic of fickle men. I've just been an observer on the dating scene for the last year or so, but I'm a people watcher. Men especially don't know what they want or see that they have something good enough to keep. I call it the "fart-in-a-skillet" syndrome. They are here one minute and gone the next.

If you notice on FB, people will change their status to "in a relationship" one week and the next week, they are back to "single." How can that be? Either we are not understanding the definition of relationship or somebody is full of sh$t when they talk relationship. And if this involves the same man, going back and forth on relationship status, how much security does a woman have in that?

And maybe it's the women who are jumping the gun on calling something a relationship. I observe some who are desperate seekers, and perhaps they are putting up with things in order to be able to have the status of "in a relationship."

I think my pet peeve goes deeper than just surface fickleness. There's not much commitment and faithfulness these days. Everything is on a 60-day free trial or some other time frame. I just hate it when you cannot depend upon someone, and I think this is getting worse.
 TJ7
Msg: 113
Posted: 8/23/2010 7:39:58 PM
Too funny Dr K - because in ONE day......one guy went from picture to no picture to different picture again AND from "living with someone" to "single" and then from "friends" to "activity partner" to "dating" .......... I just laughed
 DrKimono
Msg: 114
Posted: 8/23/2010 7:57:06 PM
Yep, a good example of a "fart-in-a-skillet." Can't you just see that puff of stench jumping around in the pan?
 Steve3Boys
Msg: 115
view profile
History
I have a new one!
Posted: 8/23/2010 8:08:22 PM
Checking email to see I have an email on POF only to find a fake (HO!) emailing from California who doesn't speak english!
 TJ7
Msg: 116
I have a new one!
Posted: 8/28/2010 12:35:35 AM
^^^^You had a fakie emailing you from CA?? Like a spam? I'm sincerely asking - do you guys on here get those types of emails?
 climbsagain
Msg: 117
I have a new one!
Posted: 8/28/2010 5:32:56 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^You had a fakie emailing you from CA?? Like a spam? I'm sincerely asking - do you guys on here get those types of emails?

Happens often. Interesting how when I write a very long e-mail it turns out to be just spam. Takes the wind out of my sails. In fact it was the reason I stopped writing . No reason to write to spam. Now Pam....she is someone I would write to!
 TJ7
Msg: 118
I have a new one!
Posted: 8/28/2010 7:31:18 AM
^^^ I honestly didn't think that happened on here - not naive, just find it odd - on Craigs List I can see that happening - and also chicks just looking for guys to pay their way the rest of their lives - yes, that I can see.
 DesertFox3
Msg: 119
view profile
History
I have a new one!
Posted: 8/30/2010 11:17:34 AM

^^^^You had a fakie emailing you from CA?? Like a spam? I'm sincerely asking - do you guys on here get those types of emails?

Not on here as of yet, they are pretty good about that.

^^^ I honestly didn't think that happened on here - not naive, just find it odd - on Craigs List I can see that happening - and also chicks just looking for guys to pay their way the rest of their lives - yes, that I can see.

On Craigs List you get that no matter if you are selling a Car, TV, Bedroom Set or even 'giving away' a Refrigerator....

What's with all the scammers there?
 TJ7
Msg: 120
I have a new one!
Posted: 8/30/2010 5:39:24 PM
I've actually bought and sold on CL - pretty good deals - but there are a ton of scammers there - people will nothing better to do

Had to brake-check some kid tonite ................... then he had the Kazoombas to blow his horn at me twice - what was interesting was when he finally passed me by, his car was held together with lots of duct tape....................looks like he's been tailgating for quite some time.

Pet peeve...............people who tailgate me when I'm even going over the speed limit - I have absolutely no problem either brake-checking them or slowing down to the speed limit
 DesertFox3
Msg: 121
view profile
History
I have a new one!
Posted: 8/30/2010 11:32:49 PM
Had to brake-check some kid tonite ...................

Was he cute?

Pet peeve...............people who tailgate me when I'm even going over the speed limit - I have absolutely no problem either brake-checking them or slowing down to the speed limit

You know thay will gate ya here even at 15 over in a construction zone.... scary thought. while the cops are hiding on a sparsly driven industrial park looking for someone going a nickle over. I don't think they will ticket for assured clear distance unless there is an accident.

God forbid if someone should hit you & take off many of our plates are becoming hard to read due to the amount of rust on them... dunno if you have this problem as widespread downstate.
 DesertFox3
Msg: 122
view profile
History
I have a new one!
Posted: 8/30/2010 11:40:49 PM

I've actually bought and sold on CL - pretty good deals - but there are a ton of scammers there - people will nothing better to do

CL pretty much ppl want everything for nothing... I had a nice frige, small dent in the door needed a gasket but still ran well. $40, nadda, $30, nadda, $25 nadda, $10 nadda, ... free I had over 60 replies in 4 hours. Not that I have issues giving things away, but I really wanted someone who needed it & could use it to have it... the person I selected ended up taking it up for scrap the next morning.... found out he was a regular at my recycling/scrap yard.

Did (regretfully) sell a nice bedframe/stand & no****ring on the price as she knew she was getting good furniture, unlike this overpriced cheap shit they make today.
 TJ7
Msg: 123
I have a new one!
Posted: 8/31/2010 6:46:14 AM
^^^Foxy - the KID I brake-checked wasn't cute or not cute - he was a KID - I wanted to jerk him out of the car and box his ears!!!
 pocketbiker
Msg: 124
I have a new one!
Posted: 8/31/2010 1:21:29 PM
this is easy for me, pet peeves:

cakes on make up and perfume

dont know what dressing for the event and weather means

has belching contests with the guy in the next booth or seat in a resturant or in general

brags about being able to clear an open porch

doesnt have the words please or thank you or any other phases as such in thier vocabulary

has a gaggle of children and complains they dont have a life outside of work and kids yet you see thier profile pics of them out at parties and bars

swears like a trucker who is the son of a sailor

cant take a picture with out thier arm, hand, toilet, floor, or flash from the camera in the picture and must always be at a downward angle or some other screwed up angle to make them look different then what they are. what you dont think we will find out?

maybe I am shallow or looking at things wrong who knows
 climbsagain
Msg: 125
I have a new one!
Posted: 8/31/2010 2:58:54 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Foxy - the KID I brake-checked wasn't cute or not cute - he was a KID - I wanted to jerk him out of the car and box his ears!!!

So you risk an accident because you lost your temper? We can never know what another person is thinking.....yet we always hope they show us the same consideration............at least the fish swimming the pond here and about?
Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > What are your Pet Peeves?