Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 big pacific
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Mandatory DNA tests at birth?Page 3 of 150    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Obviously you would only test the man she's trying to have put on the birth certificate.

Sure it add's issues, so does a blood test before a marriage, but thats no biggy. With the influx of DNA testing, the tech would become quick and cheap.

Again, if you were loyal, wheres the rub?
 big pacific
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Mandatory DNA tests at birth?
Posted: 11/23/2009 8:53:44 AM

Well, since some men cheat, I'm sure you wouldn't mind being checked for vaginal fluids and a lie detector test whenever you're late coming home from work. Or being subjected to body cavity searches at the airport because some people smuggle drugs. Or being subjected to random visits from CPS simply because you're male and everyone knows that males aren't as good at parenting as women? And so on, and so on?

Oh my good god, seriously?

You don't have the capability to understand the difference between cheating and infidelity in a relationship, and paternal fraud? Some guy getting a BJ on his way home from work while despicable, won't make her a parent of a child that isn't hers will it?

Men are already disproportionatly visited by CPS so that's kinda a bad point to make lol.

If my g/f ever wanted me checked for STD's, I'd be all for it, she has a right to know, I believe in "trust but verify". She has a right to know sex with me won't kill her, I have a right to know that the child I raise is mine.
 KarmicEvolution
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2009 8:53:44 AM

so does a blood test before a marriage

?? Where do they blood test before marriage ??
 KarmicEvolution
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2009 9:17:04 AM

So you're saying that as a person with a vaj, you should be priveleged?

No, but a person having a d!ck doesnt make them able to push their trust issues on other people.

I guarantee if men could carry children this would all be moot. It has nothing to do with my vag, it has to do with my uterus. If someone wasnt pregnant people wouldnt ask them to undergo vaginal swabs to test for another mans semen.

I dont know, the whole thing seems intrusive.
 carterscutie85
Msg: 73
Posted: 11/23/2009 9:22:49 AM
If lie detector tests are not admissable in court, then how come they still do them on people? Is this a newer law that says they can't be admissable in court? I was watching an old episode of dateline where they accused the parents of murdering their daughter, and gave them lie detector tests that they failed...why would they give them lie detector tests if they can't use them in court? This episode was from about 1997 0r 1998.

Not trying to say that they CAN be used in court, I just don't see the point in doing one if u can't use it in court.
 big pacific
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2009 9:31:39 AM

If we're going to start segregating and making up arbitrary rules based on sex why stop there? I propose that every man who goes out on a date register a plan and proof that they have no domestic violence on their record with the police. Since 4-10% of men beat up, abuse and/or murder women it shouldn't bother you to do that right?

If my date wanted a backround check on me i'd be cool with it. If there was a criminal record search done pre marriage i'd be cool with that too.

LOL we don't want a DNA test every time you "drive", but the FIRST thing officers ask when you have an "accident" is for registration and insurance right?

Interesting eh?

As for blood tests, here in the states many states have mandatory blood testing for several diseases before a marriage liscence is issued.
 ValkyrieHJR
Msg: 77
Posted: 11/23/2009 9:56:35 AM

Some guy getting a BJ on his way home from work while despicable, won't make her a parent of a child that isn't hers will it? (big pacific)

Maybe not getting a bj on the way home, but how about fvcking a prostitue? He could get some disease and give that to his wife, which would be life altering. Or how about getting his secretary that he is having an affair with pregnant? Now he has to explain to his wife why he has to pay child support to his secretary because all of those late nights at work weren't spent working. These won't make the wife a parent, but they are just as life altering.

My point was that it is inherently unfair to make assumptions about an entire group based on the actions of a few. Let alone make legislation surrounding the concept.(notatowniegirl)

As unfortunate as it is, that is exactly why child support is in place to begin with. Because those few deadbeats that are out there have decided they don't want anything to do with the child and now the government has to force them to do it.
 big pacific
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2009 10:03:56 AM

Maybe not getting a bj on the way home, but how about fvcking a prostitue? He could get some disease and give that to his wife, which would be life altering. Or how about getting his secretary that he is having an affair with pregnant? Now he has to explain to his wife why he has to pay child support to his secretary because all of those late nights at work weren't spent working. These won't make the wife a parent, but they are just as life altering.

And that is EXACTLY why i am ok with the blood test before marriage and to get a test at my g/f's request. No questions asked.
 NappyKAT
Msg: 79
Posted: 11/23/2009 10:11:23 AM
DNA test should be optional, not manditory.
If you want one, get one.
If in doubt, get one.
But why subject the rest of us who don't want one and don't need one? The father of my children never denied my kids.... ok except for this one time but but I think that was a play to say something mean and hurtful to me than a result of what he believed. When I told him 'so get your ass a DNA test then, I don't care! Guvment will do it free if yo' ass on welfare!' then he backed out.

And no smart-asses it wasn't because he didn't want to pay. Ask plenty of fathers out here, you may still have to pay child-support even if you didn't get a DNA. He didn't want a DNA test because he already knew they were his kids. He was just sayin bullshit to get at me.

I can't see this coming to fruition because 100's of babies are born everyday and who's gonna pay for this testing? The guvment? The guvment might do it if you are on welfare and they are paying for your child's birth, but that won't (and shouldn't) happen because it singles out poor and minorities specifically, causing a class and racial bias/discrimination. So because of that, and the cost of it, it probably won't be done.

If you got private insurance, especially a HMO, that might be too much money for them to consider also. And most private insurance has no interest in your baby-daddy drama as they can't use that to recoup what they paid for the birth of a child and it’s subsequent care. You or the guvment would be getting child support money, not them.
 big pacific
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2009 10:15:44 AM
I'm cool with that idea nappykat, but heres my question.

LOTS of the women on here have vehemently opposed it, and your logic is sound, it IS costly and who will pay for it. I completely agree with you.

If i want one, and the woman refuses to be tested? What about the dad that no shows so you can't prove it's his kid to get out of CS or whatever else?
 NappyKAT
Msg: 81
Posted: 11/23/2009 10:20:04 AM
**smirk**

Sorry, but DNA can be funny sometimes. You can't tell if a child is someones or not just by their skin color AT BIRTH. My brother came out and looked like he was half white, half black, his skin was WAYYYYY darker then any of my other brothers and sisters, in fact he very much resembled a monkey (no offense to anyone, lol) My dad tried to pull the "He's not mine" crap until my grandma (dad's mom) looked at him and said "Are u stupid? That kid looks exactly like u did when u were born" He never denied him again, my brother lightened up over time and is now the spitting image of my dad.

My own son came out darker then some babies, people would ask me if he was mixed. He is not, both myself and his father are white with no black/mexican in our families, but my son has more of an olive color to his skin, so I guess that's what makes people think he's mixed.

My late Uncle Pat looked like he had a permanent tan, yet my grandma and grandpa are both white with again, no other races in our immediate family when my brother, son and uncle were born. (I'm talking grandma, grandpa, great-grandma and grandpa, and even great-great-grandma and grandpa)

Judging whether or not a kid is yours by skin color at birth is ridiculous. That's the same thing as saying he's not yours cause he doesn't have your nose, eyes, etc. Newborns can be all different colors, hell if you were in a womb full of fluid for 9 months then had to be squished down a birth canal u might look kinda funny too.
You might need to shake your tree a little harder Sweetie because I'm sure you're bound to find some black crowes beneath all those doves.

Maybe it's a genetic throwback. The most interesting weird case I've heard is this one about some white south african couple who have a clearly 'black' daughter' in the mist of racial apartheid. Her name is Sandra Laing. Google her if you're interested. Talk about a case needing a DNA test - and they never got one. Some folks think the momma went skippin with some black south african, but even the daddy never denied it was his daughter. She favors him too.
 big pacific
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2009 10:38:45 AM
Church, I believe she was saying that if you are on welfare the government would pay, but because there is a disproportionate amount of POC on the welfare roles, it would cause a racial suit.

I think it only had to do with the idea of paying for it if you were on welfare, not in general.
 NappyKAT
Msg: 83
Posted: 11/23/2009 10:40:19 AM
I'm cool with that idea nappykat, but heres my question.

LOTS of the women on here have vehemently opposed it, and your logic is sound, it IS costly and who will pay for it. I completely agree with you.

If i want one, and the woman refuses to be tested? What about the dad that no shows so you can't prove it's his kid to get out of CS or whatever else?

Still no reason for manditory DNA testing at birth.

So for this situation - subpoena. No show = jail show.
Again, if you get guv assistance they will do this anyway. If a guy denies paternity to a child whose mother is recieving assistance, they will test him. And if he test positive to paternity, he may even have to pay that back to the guv for the test.

But if the mother of your child doesn't get guv assistance, then it's up to you and you have to pay for it. Do you think having it done manditory at birth means you get to get of paying the $250-$500 to have it done? Well that would explain some of the pro's for it.

So let me get this crooked.... some of yall guys see it as a sense of pride and dignity that you can pay for some thangs yourselves (like...oh... a $325 dental appointment) than to use the governmental assistance that your leaching welfare-baby-mommas can cover, than to use that same out-of-pocket money to get a DNA test of the children you claim to cherish but yet somebody (either you or the baby-momma) is denyin?

If i want one, and the woman refuses to be tested?
Big Pacific - I am NOT the momma of that baby that was dropped off at your doorstep. I already told you that. We and them other possible baby-mommas are just gonna have to go on MAURY POVICH and do a DNA maternity test to find out who it is.

See you there!
 big pacific
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2009 10:48:23 AM
I'd actaully be all for being the one to pay for it, I do believe however that if it became mandatory the cost would be less than 100$ VEEERY quickly.

Darn it, i wanted to hook you for CS nappykat.

You'll get the invite to maury next week sometime.
 big pacific
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2009 11:23:09 AM

^^^^^Then he shouldn't be with that woman and he should wear condoms.

Don't have sex unless you are married and trust the other person. Pretty daggone simple.

Now days they are having problems with mammograms and insurance companies not wanting to pay for screenings. How do you think that anyone is going to feel about unnecessary DNA testing?

With the blind studies showing that 10-12% of fathers aren't biological fathers, explain how it's unnecessary?
 freetime2bme
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2009 12:27:09 PM
Q:What if she doesn't want the father of her child recognized.
A: One good reason for mandatory test, the father has as much rights to the child as the mother or should in a perect world.
Q:What if you don't want to recognize the father because that would give him rights as the father.
A: They have rights, but it seems some do not wish them too. Some now will wait a year or two and then ask for support to help take away/limit a fathers rights today. Testing being mandatory would fix this.
"To force a woman that's been raped to have a DNA test would be to victimize her again and for that reason alone I don't think you can't have manditory DNA tests."
No it would not, what BS.
Q:But also what about the woman that goes to the sperm bank.
A: Blind check protocals could be used by sperm banks.
Fact some fathers are having there parental rights taken from them and don't even know. Do you believe a father should have rights? WTF
Other man are getting F&*ked supporting kids that they have no obligation to support.
 freetime2bme
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2009 12:39:34 PM
"Bet you more people will either keep their pants up or keep it in their pants rather than cheating on the spouse or trying to pin paternity on any unsuspecting guy."

Condoms might be used more often (good thing) or the morning after pill will be used more offten. If I thought it would keep married women from giving it out as often in big numbers, well I would say forget the fathers rights issue and vote no on DNA testing also lol. But most of the ones putting out now would still be putting out when/if the testing was in place.
 ValkyrieHJR
Msg: 94
Posted: 11/23/2009 12:39:42 PM
I won't deny the fact that fathers have a right to know that a child is theirs. If there is a question, as to whether a woman's child is possibly his, if he wants those rights then he needs to come forward. (IE, if a woman had an affair and slept with her husband around the same time, either one of them could be the father). The thing with that is that most "other" men don't want the child, nor do they want said child to interfere with their lives. If they do want it, then they can come forward and say something.

I just seriously don't the government needs to be that involved in our personal lives. Whether or not we are faithful to our SO is none of their business and they should not be brought into it. That is too much government.
 thatusernameistaken
Msg: 95
Posted: 11/23/2009 12:56:49 PM

Maybe it's a genetic throwback. The most interesting weird case I've heard is this one about some white south african couple who have a clearly 'black' daughter' in the mist of racial apartheid. Her name is Sandra Laing. Google her if you're interested. Talk about a case needing a DNA test - and they never got one. Some folks think the momma went skippin with some black south african, but even the daddy never denied it was his daughter. She favors him too.

Nappykat, thanks for this reference, I went and looked it up right away. What an amazing story. I've never heard of it before but I see there is a movie out about it called "Skin", I'll try to find it at the video store for sure.

Reading the Wikipedia on her story though it does say that there was a paternity test and the parents were confirmed as the bio parents. It also goes on to say how she was expelled and barred from the white schools and eventually ran off with a black guy to another part of Africa. Then her father threatened to kill her for it and they stopped talking for good. What a crazy story.

I know that was off topic, but I found that story very compelling.
 freetime2bme
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2009 12:58:58 PM
" If they do want it, then they can come forward and say something. "

If they know. Your assuming a lot. One night stands, sex in the parking lot behind the beer barn, well it is a long list, but you can get the idea. Back at the Navy base you were talking about how many of the wifes were doing the one nighters out of the clubs. Got to love the clubs near the bases when the fleat is out. A DNA data base not hard to do. Ever single service member in the US military is all ready tested.

"The thing with that is that most "other" men don't want the child, nor do they want said child to interfere with their lives."
Lots don't but some would. The other fact it the issue, most "not the other" men do not wish to support a child that is not their child. They have rights too.
 big pacific
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2009 1:11:47 PM
Don't laugh too hard, it's coming.

http://www.canadiancrc.com/Newspaper_Articles/Globe_and_Mail_Moms_Little_secret_14DEC02.aspx

Theres a quick link for you btw, i found several with a quick google, knowing how far the canadian CS system goes i figured they'd be better than an american source.

The only man to be tested is who she is putting on the birth certificate.
 freetime2bme
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2009 1:13:16 PM
I would bet big bucks that within the next 25-50 years there will be a DNA data base on all most every person not from the 3rd world. I think a DNA data base is a good idea along with national ID cards. It could fix lots of problems in todays systems. My DNA is on file just like any one who was in the military in the last ten years. I don't have a problem with it.
But even if the women says I was drunk and don't remember the guys name today. DNA testing could keep some poor husband from getting FU%*ked supporting the kid that is not his. Most will come up with a name in an attempt to get a support check after they know the husband is no longer on the hook.
 singlesuperdad
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2009 1:44:20 PM
sure why don't they just put in a tracking device from birth too.

and to the poster above

No man should have to pay for a child he didn't father

they do everyday , thats not as uncommon as you think
I know a guy that separated and his wife had a kid with someone else and he's been paying child support for the kid he has only seen a couple of times in 8 years and dna was done and the court doesn't care because he is still married but separated for 10 years.
 singlesuperdad
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2009 1:53:04 PM
haha the microchip is a good idea but will never happen.
it would stop the missing child problem or missing person.
it would also help the cops find a wanted person
 Arlo_Troutman
Msg: 103
Posted: 11/23/2009 3:38:33 PM

(aaamm) ^^^^^Then he shouldn't be with that woman and he should wear condoms.

*sigh*

It pains me to say this, because I have a generally good opinion of human beens, but...

Sometimes people are really, really good at lying/deceiving. Paternity fraud shouldn't be relegated to the "Oops! Gotcha!" realm.

Don't have sex unless you are married and trust the other person. Pretty daggone simple.

"Never trust anyone with a simple solution to a complex problem." -- someone-or-other...

Binroe...
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >