Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 KPax1956
Msg: 442
Erectile DysfunctionPage 15 of 36    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36)
I only have problems after 3 or 4 shots of tequila...
 ejpbjje
Msg: 443
view profile
History
Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 9/11/2011 4:59:30 PM
No problems over here with ED other than lack of activity.
 satx78218
Msg: 444
view profile
History
Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 9/12/2011 11:49:16 AM
"Diabeties, overweight, etc... It catches up to almost everyone eventually.."

no, being overweight is an option, not an inevitability.
 capitaned
Msg: 445
ED over 45
Posted: 9/12/2011 6:39:09 PM
I DO NOT HAVE N E TROUBLE GETTING UP I HAVE TROUBLE FINDING A WOMAN WHO HAS THE STAMINA GETTING ME DOWN,I AM 85 GOING ON 55 VERY ACTIVE GOLF FISHING SCUBA FLYING DANCING I STILL DO BUSINESS,COOK A LOT IN FOREIGN RECIPES.WISH I COULD FIND A NICE ATTRACTIVE LADY WHO HAS STAMINA AND BEDROOM LONGEVITY.I LIKE THE OUTDOORS ,TRAVEL ETC YET FIND A NICE DINNER AT HOME ROMANTIC ETC ETC ETC I HAVE TWO ALLERGIES I DO NOT LIKE BEING BROKE OR SLEEPING ALONE CONCLUSION NO NO NO ED IN MY BODY YEAH I DO NO STIMULANTS OR DRUGS TO ENHANCE THE BEDROOM SCENE I STAY HIGH ON LIFE. CAPT.ED.
 Scottish_Rose
Msg: 446
view profile
History
ED over 45
Posted: 9/14/2011 9:38:04 PM
One issue you have not touched on is :: Vasectomy....All of the conditions that have been listed have a strong bearing on this health issue but when a man has surgery to clip the Vas Deferens gland to become sterile, he no longer emits the lubricants and cellular particals to produce the base hormone needed...

I agree that all of the abouve formerly mentioned issues and especially contents of Alcohol will certaintly hinder sexual stimulation. Both sexes start producing hormones at pre menstrual time of life. That is the Waxinging of child bearing, the hormones continue to be a building block to the erecctile function. But, at the Menopause or Change of Life that we all suffer at mid life, those hormones begin to Wane..Preparing for the empty nest syndrome.

If there has been a Vasectomy or Hysterectomy the hormones quit producing naturally...this is the reason for the mood swings and crabbiness we have to suffer. All men and women suffering from this should be ingesting a hormone product..that eases the pain of change of life.

I for one would be quite content to be with a good honest man whether or not he could perform an act of sex...That is only secondary to a good relationship in older years..All older women and men should concentrate on a companion that will stay togethe for a few years or two red hot sexual partners that will seperate when the new wears off..

Cheers...
LuRose
 Caringheart2011
Msg: 447
Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 9/16/2011 9:30:53 AM
Never heard about ED in Europe, until I come in The Sates. I wonder if that is not a cultural problem ?
Not making a joke here . Seriously.
If people think that at a certain age, you can't perform like when you are 20 years old, some one is planting a seed in your mind. "It is going to happen ."
Or may be the attitude toward sex in general ?
Never see so many people reading a Play Boys magazine, or what ever they have in their night stand .

So, it is ED for "real" ?
Or just in people mind ?

I don't go by what a shrink say, they are from here so it is biased. That is how they make a living, why should they kill the golden goos.
From what I read many men don't have that problem, when other do.
I can tell you that smoking, drinking, and what ever as no bearing on, if a man can have an erection or not, "Unless they have a medical condition" . Libido may have some thing to do with it more then the above.
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 448
view profile
History
Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 9/16/2011 10:18:31 AM
I just found the thread so pardon me if someone has already pointed out the obvious. I didn't see it on the first two pages I read.

Yes, we men as we age aren't meant to continue siring children ergo mother nature lets our erections come less frequently or as easily.

However, having said that, very few WOMEN over 50 I want to see naked and if I do lusty thoughts are not usually on my mind? Ask Paul McCartney as he walks down the Aisle with another hot young woman who offers nothing but looking good naked and he offers nothing but a ton of money the last one didn't take.

We all age, but many kid ourselves as Sir Paul, Trump and many other rich old gramps who think they've still "got it" when what's attractive at their age is CA$H
 SleepGoddess
Msg: 449
Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 9/16/2011 9:56:57 PM
Dear Pfilly08:
I will address your inquiry from my professional point of reference. Men in the age range that you sited typically have let themselves go. Obstructive Sleep Apnea goes along with letting yourself go. Men who have a severe case of Obstructive Sleep Apnea do not spend enough time in Delta Sleep or Deep Sleep. It is in Delta Sleep that men release testosterone. SO.....as I have said for decades I would like to know the men in this country who are on that magic blue pill just need to a sleep study to determine if all they need is CPAP therapy.

Valarie A., CRT,RPSGT, RST
 ExploringLife2Gether
Msg: 450
Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 9/17/2011 3:36:05 PM
Someone started a thread about sexual dysfunction in women related to weakened vagina muscles following childbirth and advanced aging. The moderators felt that it violated community forum standards. Am I missing something here?
 Fleuron
Msg: 451
Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 9/17/2011 3:39:58 PM
^^^...and it was voted off.
 ExploringLife2Gether
Msg: 452
Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 9/17/2011 3:45:04 PM
Community standards say forums about ED acceptable but forums about Vaginoplasty unacceptable. Takeway? Women deserve sexual pleasure but men do not? Ladies. Be honest with yourselves here.
 ExploringLife2Gether
Msg: 454
Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 9/17/2011 3:54:28 PM
I contend that is was censored because we are not permitted to have an honest conversation between the sexes. Women over 50 with children have serious issues with sexual dysfunction but are unwilling to discuss them or even acknowledge they exist. I just think it is disingenuous to avoid telling someone about that kind of problem until you let a guy find out in the bedroom.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 455
Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 9/17/2011 11:24:37 PM
SleepGoddess, you make a very good point. You made me wonder though. I'm 49, and have had sleep apnea my entire life. Only diagnosed in my 30s however.

Good health, bad health, in shape or no, happily, I can report then, as now, not having any problems obtaining or sustaining an erection. Am I an anomaly, or...what?
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 457
view profile
History
Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 10/13/2011 2:29:45 PM

Dear Pfilly08:
I will address your inquiry from my professional point of reference. Men in the age range that you sited typically have let themselves go. Obstructive Sleep Apnea goes along with letting yourself go. Men who have a severe case of Obstructive Sleep Apnea do not spend enough time in Delta Sleep or Deep Sleep. It is in Delta Sleep that men release testosterone. SO.....as I have said for decades I would like to know the men in this country who are on that magic blue pill just need to a sleep study to determine if all they need is CPAP therapy.

Valarie A., CRT,RPSGT, RST

... and the guys who take blood pressure and cholesterol medicine?
 frijolera_ninja
Msg: 458
Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 10/13/2011 11:43:01 PM
L-Arginine helps with circulation some urologist suggest ...
 RandomScause
Msg: 459
ED over 45
Posted: 10/14/2011 5:12:03 AM
(msg 2, male poster:) wow, over half of men[can't be helped by drug therapy for their ED], I would never have guessed. and on top of that, men that the drugs don't work on. all my guy friends must be lying

I sincerely hope, after doing the math, that you have only one male friend. (Hey.)

I solved the problem, and I am proud to say, my own way. I created a procedure, or method, that works for me. I don't know if it would work for others. I developed the idea from a funny story a childhood friend of mine told me after he had become an emergency room physician.

It works like a charm, no failure yet.

The big failure is in trying to find someone to lavish the Big Boy on. I just can't get a girlfriend. I even gave up finding a compatible one, or a pretty one, or a young one, or a Barbie, and still, to no avail. I even asked a very good looking 93 year old out once, and she did come to the date (we had met at a book club a couple of times prior -- no, not there, but at a Socrates Cafe meeting), and she said I am was too fat for her, and I should date that gross looking chick in the group who was stupid to boot, with brush cut of read head, and so fat that she got around on a schooter, lest the sidewalk or the building ground cave in when she treaded over them.

I was mortally wounded for my ego, my feelings, my desires, my faith in womankind. How she has the audacity to reject a fat slob like me?

Anyway, the "method" works, but for what. Oh, and it costs little to no money for each time I use it. This story here is straight up, no bull. I just live an interesting life.
 RandomScause
Msg: 460
Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 10/14/2011 5:25:32 AM
Never heard about ED in Europe, until I come in The Sates. I wonder if that is not a cultural problem ?
Not making a joke here . Seriously.
If people think that at a certain age, you can't perform like when you are 20 years old, some one is planting a seed in your mind. "It is going to happen ."
Or may be the attitude toward sex in general ?
Never see so many people reading a Play Boys magazine, or what ever they have in their night stand .

So, it is ED for "real" ?
Or just in people mind ?++++++++++

Thanks for the post, but this is an unanswerable question. My theory is that because in Europe they use genetic engineering more freely to make food, whereas in North America they play around with chemistry sets: growth hormones in cows, and very a lot of that going on, it's just that the North American bioenvironment is more heavily infused with oestrogen mimicing substances. Sorta like PBA that gets out of plastic bottles when you heat water in them.

The thing about oestrogen mimics is that they have been all over the place for eons now. You heard of fish changing sex in midlife? Well, I went into the library to research this topic and it turns out that crocodiles have smaller penises than they used to, and their numbers in the Nile river is dwindling, though they are protected as a species and have n natural enemies. Little frogs, entire species of them, are dying out, coz their males can't get it up. Now it's coming to males of humans. In 1999 the average sperm count of north american males was half (HALF!) of those a hundred years back, and the method of counting sperm in that miasma has remained the same, the method. This means if we make errors now, we made the same errors then, so the count is comparable for sure.

Because in Europe, and in other parts of the world, the packaging of food and the processing of food to last longer on the shelf is done in the semi-natural genetic engineering way (not evil scientists splicing genes in labs, but good farmers making the fat pigs produce baby pigs, and the tastier chickens produce surviving chiclets), and in north america you can't buy even sour cream. No, you can't. Look at the ingredients list of a sour milk container next time you buy one. You can't buy sour cream; half of the stuff in the white blob inside is different. Powders, concoctions, chemicals, dehydrated milk power, glutens, glutamates, retroviruses, probiotics, and ante probiotics. This angers me coz I used to like the taste of raw sour cream, but by now I even forgot what that stuff used to taste like.

So we have cheap food that lasts very long, and we have cheap men who can't even get it up.

In Europe and other parts of the world it's he other way around.

Ask your congressperson to go ize himself for allowing this to be done to the nation.

If you ask me, the entire food and drug administration personnel should be lined up against the wall and shot into a heap. It will happen, and they will be the first ones when the revolution comes. The revolution comes, which will be called "The Second Coming of the Sexual Revolution."

============

Aside from that, 33% of people and a higher percent of middle aged males in North America suffer from diabetes mellitus type II, and that causes ED too. Big time. I mean... no "big" time, big time.
 RandomScause
Msg: 461
Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 10/14/2011 5:31:26 AM
++++++++++++

Your bs thread about women over 50 having ginormous loose vaginas that don't "snap shut" around your pathetic little d1ck was voted off because you, sir, are a troll.

+++++++++++

You women are right. Old aged women can have as tight an entrance way as anyone else. The muscle structure changes in the porous tissues, however, that may make the thing feel less tight, but it is not. Also, the secretions and their chemical compositions make the sensation different for the male. Best is to keep proper higyene, but that won't influence the sensation to be different. But hygyene is always commendable.

What actually makes the impression that the vagina is not tight, is the number of children that came out that way from the womb. The correlation is high, but there are exceptions.

In my experience, because I don't have an enormous one (yes, sad, mwhaaaa....) if a woman has had zero, one, or two children, the overall effect is almost negligible. If she had three or more, then the friction coefficient decreases.

I did not make this up. No bull here. You can call me names, but you can't call me a liar.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 462
view profile
History
Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 10/16/2011 5:32:33 AM

It's alive and well in your beloved Europe. In fact, more men in Europe are seeking care for ED recently, than the U.S.

Sorry, hate to burst your EU bubble.
 TryAgan
Msg: 463
view profile
History
Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 10/16/2011 7:34:32 PM
After all the troubles with EURO, now comes ED?
Time to emigrate to Canada. Pristine rivers, pink salmons, slim women.
 statemachine500
Msg: 464
Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 10/16/2011 8:05:33 PM
The women are starting to resemble our southern neighbors more closely.
 TryAgan
Msg: 465
view profile
History
Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 10/16/2011 8:14:56 PM
Oh, maybe it was pink women and slim salmons.
 RandomScause
Msg: 466
Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 10/16/2011 9:57:15 PM
"Oh, maybe it was pink women and slim salmons."

All right... to a blind man with good olfactory sense, it's all the same.

In Sweden it's called "wild strawberries"... in Hungary, "garlic roasted salami"... in Japan, "shrimp with enormous schlonges" and in Germany, "Herrgestelltgeheimlichkeitsonderungenstielerallgemeinenhandatlas" for short.
 TryAgan
Msg: 467
view profile
History
Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 10/16/2011 10:34:24 PM

Herrgestelltgeheimlichkeitsonderungenstielerallgemeinenhandatlas

That must be in Schwabisch. In Hohdeutsch they say "stinkt wie ein Fisch".
 pickyou1
Msg: 468
ED over 45
Posted: 10/19/2011 12:12:11 AM
just find a guy that can get it up ,what is the problem.And I am 49 and if me and the girlfriend need it all night i pop a viagria and it is good for 2 hours or longer not the 20 mins like you are talking about so mabey if you got laied on a regular basies you would know what you were talking about
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >