Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TryAgan
Msg: 252
view profile
History
Erectile DysfunctionPage 9 of 36    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36)

Just woke up and boy, am I feisty. Do men who suffer from ED still get horny?

Just show up naked, FFS, and wake me up. Although not qualified, I'll try to respond to your question promptly.
 TryAgan
Msg: 253
view profile
History
Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 3/27/2010 3:09:00 PM
peachy - msg 478

Sometimes, I think that you need to try a person out on the first date (which I don't do) but how do you get serious about a person if they have performance issues?

Now, we are talking, that's a woman after my own heart.
Being a clean and practical person, I carry always the survival blanket on me to those dates. And as to the performance issues, another blanket stretched over the car windows usually does the trick.
 TryAgan
Msg: 254
view profile
History
Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 3/27/2010 3:20:19 PM
^^^

When I start dating a guy, I put them in training..meaning that even before we become intimate..they have to masturbate 3 or 4 times a day and then hold it...and not losing it..When I start to date a guy, there is a part of the date that the guy has to PROVE his progress to me and if he has some issues with ED, I don't date the person again..It sounds cruel and all about sex, but for me when I get involved with a guy I want a guy to be able to have sex with me all the way and not fizzle out in the middle of the time together and me get frustrated.

First it may sound cruel to some prudes, but when you think about it, it makes a lot of sense. It's not much different from squeezing some buns in a supermarket, checking for quality and freshness.
On the other hand, a request like this, especially in company of a fat seal, could indeed lead to ED.
 TryAgan
Msg: 255
view profile
History
Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 3/27/2010 4:43:59 PM

But what if she gets those pics when she's having fun a la her main profile pic?

Oh, THE LORD!
The first pic is definitely the best, and very calming. I presume, taken right after a training session, and making a confession.

Let me tell you this...medications such as high blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, along with Chemotherapy, radiation, alcohol drinking, drugs, and who know's what else ...will cause a man to not be able to have an erection.

I could tell what else, but I don't want to lose my hard-earned reputation of a polite and considerate man.
 TryAgan
Msg: 256
view profile
History
ED over 45
Posted: 3/27/2010 4:57:03 PM
^^^
Or sometimes, turning the light on or putting eye glasses on, will do the trick.
 TheReason_
Msg: 257
view profile
History
Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 3/27/2010 6:13:23 PM
It could be a sign of diabetes, bad circulation etc etc. I hate to admit ED was a warning sign when I hit 270lbs. You can not believe how low I felt, totally hmmm like "not a man" it was embarassing, and luckily the person I was with, was understanding. So I went to the doc. Yup, type 2 diabetes, put on meds for diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. I got my $hit together, changed my diet, exercised and gym, and I ended up dropping 70lbs. I've been off all my meds since December. Happily ED is long a thing of the past. As I started dropping weight, my cardiovascular system improved, and like I said, it's all good now.

So many men are afraid to go to the doc. I'm glad I did, was properly diagnosed, given the tools to deal with the situation, and have it under control with diet and exercise.
 Blue-Eyes-Shine
Msg: 258
view profile
History
Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 3/27/2010 6:40:08 PM
^Good for you!

If only more men would deal with it the same way you did.
 TryAgan
Msg: 261
view profile
History
Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 3/27/2010 7:18:27 PM
^^^
I'm sure she meant well.
All she has to do, is to include the description of the performance and masturbation exam right in her profile, and replace the "THE LORD" banner in the main picture with "Hallelujah". In no time, her in-box will be overflowing with missiles from the right men.
 jaco7
Msg: 262
ED over 45
Posted: 3/27/2010 7:46:22 PM
! am 75 years old and don't know if I can or can't because I have not been with a woma in several years. Most women that I know around my age don't care enough about it to help me, and the younger ones won't let me get close enough . So I guess I will never know. Yes, I still have that old feeling, but I will have to let it go and never know.
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 264
view profile
History
Erectile Dysfunction
Posted: 3/28/2010 4:10:53 PM
I have been reading this thread for a couple of days and am glad to see it is taking a softer side. Good golly all the blame throwing and gender bashing. Even the seals were not safe. It had never occurred to me that a man would blame me for his ED nor would I totally eliminate anyone from the pool, based solely on an ED issue. The term "there is more than one way to skin a cat comes to mind". ( No reference to you Cats Meow)
Just feel compelled to say to the earlier poster who stated "Women just have to spread their legs..... I think most of us are far more proactive than that. Hmmmm, maybe that is why I have never been accused.....just keeping it light folks.
 TryAgan
Msg: 266
view profile
History
ED over 45
Posted: 3/28/2010 6:52:39 PM
^^^
You would be surprised to learn that there are still people in this world (even on this continent) who do not take any pills, and they manage to operate just fine.

No blue pills, no antidepressants, no tranquillizers, no painkillers, no weight loosing concoctions, no hormones, no sleeping pills, no bear bile, no gall bladder, no tiger penis. And no contributions to the profits of big pharma companies.

You'll be better off with some fresh veggies, as our raw-food advocate thecatsmeoww recommends.
 TryAgan
Msg: 267
view profile
History
ED over 45
Posted: 3/28/2010 7:17:00 PM
^^^
I'm glad for both of them, so there is still hope. POF should put her on their payroll.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 268
view profile
History
ED over 45
Posted: 3/29/2010 5:45:26 AM

You'll be better off with some fresh veggies, as our raw-food advocate thecatsmeoww recommends.

Indeed, I have often heard that many fresh vegetables make a fine replacement for a man in a relationship......

Completely eliminates the ED issue, and makes a fine cucumber snack with which to restore your energies afterwards.....
 TryAgan
Msg: 270
view profile
History
ED over 45
Posted: 3/29/2010 6:32:16 AM

Indeed, I have often heard that many fresh vegetables make a fine replacement for a man in a relationship......

Completely eliminates the ED issue, and makes a fine cucumber snack with which to restore your energies afterwards

Very true. We discussed that very point with cat on another thread. She thinks every health-minded woman should always keep a few cukes handy. And after the snack you can keep the romance going by using some candles.
 c_deacon
Msg: 272
view profile
History
ED over 45
Posted: 3/29/2010 1:20:36 PM
Sounds like you are making "stew".......or is that doing "Stew"???......

OT.......I find that most of my friends that work out and are in decent shape have little to no problem in this area, no matter the age, and if you can keep my blood flowing well.......I am sure that I can take better care of you over any veggie!!!!.....

cd.......
 DeliveryRN
Msg: 273
view profile
History
ED over 45
Posted: 3/29/2010 1:52:20 PM
Cat, sounds like Deacon has just made you a grand proposition. I hope he is gentleman and does not make you sleep on the wet side of the bed. A cucumber never makes a woman do that. .... Old joke, I couldn't help myself.
Steroid free body building and work outs are great, however pro body builders have the greatest percentage of ED per population. They also grow breast. I do a little extra work for a plastic surgeon and we are removing man boobs all the time. I was so naive my son had to tell me what was causing the affliction.
 damassteel
Msg: 274
view profile
History
ED over 45
Posted: 4/8/2010 2:01:28 PM
So what if he was using a "pharmacological aid"? I mean why would anyone even care???
 Hippiekinkster
Msg: 275
ED over 45
Posted: 4/8/2010 7:20:02 PM

She thinks every health-minded woman should always keep a few cukes handy.
Or, for the really adventurous, Italian eggplants.
 TryAgan
Msg: 277
view profile
History
ED over 45
Posted: 4/8/2010 9:07:22 PM
Free-at-last - msg 526

My husband and I are around each other pretty much 24/7 which is good for a married couple to do.

We sleep together, have breakfast together, start work(we have our own business so we work together) have lunch, do the bookwork for the work day, relax on the couch, have dinner, and then go to bed.

>>> WOW
>>> spoken like a true Newlywed...and a pregnant one at that.... Congratualtions Honey!
>>> now run along and get back to us in another 10 years

Why so jaded and cynical? It worked for Paul McCartney and Linda.
OK, it didn't pan out the second time with Heather, but what can you expect when you lay outside in the freezing temperatures with baby seals?
 Hippiekinkster
Msg: 278
ED over 45
Posted: 4/9/2010 4:40:52 PM

catsmeow: Eeek even the Italian ones are too large! Aside from that they do not keep well and will go soft fast..
Well, I must say I am very impressed with your intimate knowledge of the vegetable kingdom.

prof48
Msg: 279
ED over 45
Posted: 4/15/2010 3:18:40 PM

Maybe it's because they 70+ guys have given up. Sort of like the unemployment figures -- the rate seems lower when people just give up looking for jobs.

Actually most ED is associated with serious health issues. Perhaps it is because those with ED don't make it to 70 and the healthier ones who do had fewer "problems."
 arwen52
Msg: 280
view profile
History
ED over 45
Posted: 6/27/2010 5:02:22 PM

Actually most ED is associated with serious health issues.

Or stress. Or being nervous or anxious. Or age. Or taking certain medications.

I'm running into this problem myself lately. Frequently. It's getting frustrating.
 TryAgan
Msg: 282
view profile
History
ED over 45
Posted: 7/10/2010 2:00:02 AM
Actually most ED is associated with serious health issues.

Or stress. Or being nervous or anxious. Or age. Or taking certain medications.

>
Or going out with an ugly woman.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >