Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chelseabuns2001
Msg: 383
eHarmony...STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!Page 14 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
Hello grog27
That was your first mistake by joining the 7 day trial,hopefully your last. When you go searching for those site be warned they will ask for you to have your credit card number, even for the 7 day trial. All those site are scams.

That is my 2 cents worth.
 mightbeme04
Msg: 384
eHarmony...STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!
Posted: 9/15/2008 12:12:29 PM
I'm not going to waste my time with eHEARDTOOMANYBADSTORIES

Yahoo, Match, you send 100 emails you get 3 replies IF you are lucky..

True dot com tried that for their free 7 day trial, it took 3 phone calls to get cancelled, their operators are young females, and they "sweet" talk you to find out why you are leaving, then they "modify" your search criteria, and try 17 ways from sunday to get you to keep trying their site, so they can bill your CC.

I finally had to get fierce with the third one and asked her 3x, "What part of cancel do you NOT understand?" before they finally cancelled my trial.

Enough already!

I'll stick to fishing right here thank you...
 919rider
Msg: 386
Posted: 9/15/2008 12:27:03 PM

I tried it only to find that my matches were religious fanatics. Some of them were also conservative Republicans. One was an anti abortion zealot. These things turn me off royally.

I guess you won't be voting for Sarah then...
 vacountrygal
Msg: 387
Posted: 9/15/2008 1:06:11 PM
I was on e-Harm for one month... lots of matches right away, I sent notes to several but never - NOT ONCE - heard back from any of them. I had specified a mileage range of within 50 or 75 miles - which they ignored and kept sending me "matches" that were 4 and 5 and 6 hours' drive from me! And then they'd send "matches" that were way older than my specified age-range.. then started sending ones that were way too YOUNG. I'm just 61, so I specified 55 to 65, and to be here in VA... yeah, right - I was getting them from TEXAS and IDAHO and FLORIDA. Then after the 2nd week - no matches at all! Zip - nada - for over 2 weeks. So I searched til I found the place where I could cancel, and did. And they ask "why are you cancelling?" to which - well, you can guess what I said!

Then after a couple of weeks I got onto the e-H "members advisory" board... just like this on here on POF. I was reading thru the rants that were posted and someone suggested Craig's List, and mentioned that there were several free sites. So I joined the local (Roanoke, VA) Craig's list and posted my own personals. Right away, got a note from a nice older fella who said to try POF.com. I did, and joined, and I've had lots of emails and phone calls with various men...although I've only met one so far, they are all interesting. So I was back on the e-Harm "love advice board/forum" recently and decided to post my own rant ... I told how great POF was and it was free, etc. Within 24 hours I got an email from them telling me that it was against the rules for anyone to advertise other dating sites. I immediately replied that I was doing what someone else had already done - they replied back that this was a warning, one more time and I'd be kicked/barred off of e-Harmony's site. Well, by then I had cancelled my "membership" (at least 10 days before the expiration, so they wouldn't charge me again) so I wrote back " GO AHEAD, e-HARMONY SUCKS AND ALL YOU GUYS WANT TO DO IS MAKE MONEY WITH NO REGARD TO THE PURCHASER OF YOUR SO-CALLED SERVICES". Yes, I did it all in caps - I was shouting my anger to them. But they wouldnt' allow my rant to be posted - yet the "advisory forum/board" is supposed to be FOR the use of members - it's not supposed to be watch-dogged by the management. So they revealed their true colors to me right then and there. Now I have read that this is a conservative Christian site? wow - had no clue - and I'm surprised they allowed me to join even for one month! why? because I'm agnostic and liberal.

Something else though... they keep sending me emails making these great offers of so many months for so little $$ - and I keep replying back how sucky they are and how fraudulent they are. After 3 months they finally quit sending me emails to rejoin.

I'd NEVER EVER go back there...
 vacountrygal
Msg: 388
Posted: 9/15/2008 1:13:37 PM
if you had such a great relationship from e-Harmony... what happened??? why are you here on POF?
 vacountrygal
Msg: 389
Posted: 9/15/2008 1:18:14 PM
if you had such a great relationship from e-Harmony... what happened??? why are you here on POF?
 ticktockdoc
Msg: 390
Posted: 9/15/2008 1:32:08 PM
It’s sort of a long story lol… It definitely was a great relationship (similar senses of humour, interests, great conversation, etc). Unfortunately, there were some pretty big differences in terms of our values and goals for life that came out as time went on. In the end, we both realized that despite how much we cared for each other, those differences would ultimately do us in. So we decided to part, but we’re still great friends and still care for each other.

I’m still on POF because there are a lot of great people on this site who I’d like to meet. I just haven’t seemed to figure out the secret formula for getting them to write back. So you can imagine how frustrating it is to spend so much time writing messages, and not get a response back (on eHarmony, on the other hand, you could, in the space of 5-10 minutes, initiate contact with 10 people. If they didn’t respond, at least you didn’t waste much time.). I’m intrigued by a lot of the women who post on here though, so I keep sending messages in the hopes that some will be interested.
 iamapialso
Msg: 391
Posted: 9/15/2008 1:39:03 PM
YEP! Eharmony sucks. But so do a lot of the other money sucking theft sites. I tried 2 other sites before POF and both sites continued to charge my credit card months after I contacted there companies and canceled. One went from $9.95 to $29.99 the day after I notified them to cancel my membership. It took me 3 months to get them to STOP billing me and 2 additional months to finally get a refund of only 2 of the 5 months fees.

Just a bunch of Mother F@@King rip off companies (Sorry about the bad words). Anything to take money from the hard working people. Maybe their part of OPEC!!!!
 Kerry Corley Jr
Msg: 392
POF...STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!
Posted: 9/15/2008 1:41:06 PM
Fish sucks, too!
 Plastic Sturgeon
Msg: 393
POF...STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!
Posted: 9/15/2008 2:02:44 PM
I would have joined but I saw in their latest commercial,
that the one guy got that really hot chick with the boots and the short skirt!

That's the ONE , I wanted! So, no point now!
 DenaliDadd
Msg: 394
eHarnomy...STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!
Posted: 9/21/2008 4:59:52 AM
All women on eHarmony are really hot chicks with boots and short skirts! Just like POF!
 mscaramel905
Msg: 395
Posted: 9/21/2008 5:33:49 AM
Ya I agree! I did a free weekend trial of eHarmony and I didn't like the idea of pre-set messages or you can only ask them certain questions. Plus it's like continuous blind dating cuz you can't see anyone's pics til you send them x-amount of e-mails or messages or whatever... and I am not generally a patient person. I like this site much better and I'm hoping to find some good fish again soon
 DenaliDadd
Msg: 396
Posted: 9/21/2008 6:32:26 AM
btw, if POF is such a bad site for you why are you still on it?

Many of us are on POF for the forums.

if you had such a great relationship from e-Harmony... what happened?

As with many things in life, the quality of the product depends entirely on the quality of the individual ingredients. If both people are totally honest with eHarmony's questions, there is a greater chance of success, though there are no guarantees. Many people, however, answer the questions as they either think people see them or they want to be seen, thus skewing the results.

Bad ingredients make for bad products.
 OneBeachlvr
Msg: 397
Posted: 9/23/2008 6:17:44 AM
I agree. eHarmony definitely isn't for anyone who wants to rush into a relationship. This site is GREAT for those people. However, rushing into a relationship isn't likely to make it good for long. eHarmony's method is designed to get to know the important things about people and not judging them simply by looks and age like this site. Iin fact, that's sort of how my son was trying to pick his puppy... I had to help him realize that there was a lot more you needed to consider. Strange that a child can grasp something most of the adults on here can't.

I got over 200 matches in the 6 months I was on eHarmony. I found one really great one but we lived too far apart to make it work. Most of the rest were real quality men as well and that's definitely more than this site can say.

If it weren't so expensive, I'd still be on it. It is much better than this site.
 wildred4u
Msg: 398
Posted: 9/23/2008 6:52:19 AM
some of them sign u up and then when someone emails you, then they want you to pay to see it! I think they generated a fake email from someone to get me to pay! Never did meet anyone either.
 purplerocks
Msg: 399
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2008 6:56:03 AM
NEIL CLARK WARREN MUST DIE!!! ....He might as well be Nigerian. Money grubbing piece of sh!t. I wasted 50 bucks on that site 2 years ago. My "soulmates" were allegedly 400 pound black women in Orlando. What a joke
 dennidee
Msg: 400
Posted: 9/23/2008 7:01:04 AM
E-Harmony...What a Joke! I tried it way back when they started, and look where it got me! Anyways, costs too much money for what they don't give you. I don't know about the rest of you, but besides, what I might find appealing about another(height, weight, hair color, etc) wasn't an option I was ever asked or given, and I find that having hobbies, interests and such in common with another is very important too! I was never asked what my interests were, hobbies were, things I didn't like to do, etc. And the screening process....what a joke too! Supposedly they screen out those who are not suitable...however, I got a profile from a "supposed" gentleman on that site, and the only word in every answer on his profile was "sex". I reported this and never got a reply from e-Harmony about their standards. Honestly, I have met others through other venues and well meaning friends and family and fared a lot better. In summation, don't waste time, effort, money, or hopes on e-Harmony.
"
 tchofclas
Msg: 401
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2008 7:04:41 AM
There is a way around being sucked in by the paying sites. DON'T use a credit card. Mail a money order, and you won't have to worry about automatic billing. I've done this with 2 paying sites, and never had a problem with billing, and the one was in Austin, Texas, and my snail mail reached them in 2 days from Eastern Ontario, used to take a week from Parry Sound to Huntsville, a total of 60 miles by road, go figure. The big drawback to any paying site is there are always a lot of non paying members who can't write you back, and a lot of paying members haven't figured they need to include their e-mail in their first contact. Yes, some paying sites do allow this!
 motownmaniax
Msg: 402
Posted: 9/23/2008 7:12:36 AM
This thread was first created in July 2005, and I can see by scanning the last few posts eHarmony is still crap...lol. I would never go back to any pay site unless forced to (meaning there are no free sites left).
 FishOwl
Msg: 403
Posted: 9/23/2008 7:30:47 AM
You want out of eHarmony? Tell them that you have converted to Satanism and post some nude pics, doesn't matter where you get them. They'll drop you like a hot rock.
 DenaliDadd
Msg: 405
Posted: 9/23/2008 4:23:58 PM
i wonder if Grog27, the one who started this back in July 2005, found his true love on eHarmony?
\/
 devilnangel
Msg: 406
Posted: 9/23/2008 5:37:32 PM

I wish I'd known that Eharmony was a conservative Christian (oxymoron!!) site because I would have stayed the heck away and saved my money. I am a liberal Democrat and progressive Christian who would not date a conservative in a million years. I tried it twice, with disastrous results.

I tried it only to find that my matches were religious fanatics. Some of them were also conservative Republicans. One was an anti abortion zealot. These things turn me off royally.

On the bright side I am very thankful for POF and my many wonderful new friends that I met through POF.

it isn't an oxymoron. nothing about conservative christian is contradictory. however, you made a contradictory statement about being progressive when you said you'd never date another conservative in a million years. kind of closed minded to be progressive, especially since progress depends on different personalities with different opinions. i agree about eharmony, but i feel that the political soapbox could have been omitted from the testimonial since the thread was about eharmony and not boasting about one's stance with added quips about the enemy.

I wouldn't have written any of that if it hadn't been posted to comment on. now, reply nice, that's a progressive way of doing it haha. pof is a great place and it should have great success.
 littleaudrey
Msg: 408
Posted: 9/25/2008 1:22:33 PM
Wow, eHarmony wouldn't even give me a chance to let them screw me. I was one of the "20 percent" unmatchable folks, based on that two hour questionnaire I filled out.

I made the mistake of being bluntly honest on the questionnaire, thinking it really would help them find me compatible matches. I said yes, I am a smoker, and yes, I am an atheist and yes, I tend to take more than I give, and so on and so on. When they rejected me, I was annoyed. Just for fun, I went back and filled out the questionnaire as a robot would. Christian non-smoker, healthy lifestyle, drinks socially, likes walks on the beach, always honest and kind, healthy sexual attitudes but won't jump into bed with just anyone, demure and sweet and giving and perfect and so on and so on. Obviously, the second questionnaire accepted me.

I ended up at Match.com instead and met someone as imperfect as myself and married him last Saturday. Ironically, he'd wavered between eHarmony and Match himself but chose Match because it was cheaper.

For me, sites that allow you to contact whoever you want and vice versa are better. I don't like having only a limited number of choices. I had great luck on Match, but more than a few people told me not to bother with it because they hadn't had any luck at all.

I think that online dating is part chance, part perseverence. I met fifteen guys before meeting the one I married. I felt like giving up but could never quite bring myself to turn off the screen for good. It paid off for me.
 raleighNCsoldier
Msg: 410
Posted: 9/25/2008 2:42:20 PM
about 5 months on EH
424 closed matches
392 matches i closed
$120
88 matches without a photo posted
31 matches that i found attractive
7 matches go into "open communication"
4 girls i exchanged #s/emails with
2 scam artists (& poor ones at that!)
2 girls i met in person who didn't look exactly like the pics posted but who were friend material
1 girl i like now who a friend introduced me to...we're going to coldstone for ice cream tonight!
 raleighNCsoldier
Msg: 411
Posted: 9/25/2008 3:05:47 PM
i forgot to put this lil gem up, it's the message you get when you try to cancel. THEN they hit you with...wait for it.................................ANOTHER questionnaire !:frustrated:
" I know that some people expect to find their soul mate quickly. However, I'd like people to know that it took me over a year to find the right one. I want them to know they should never give up! "
--David, matched with Debbie
on July 19, 2005
yeah uh david, you can kiss my bum.
so the questionnaire looks like this, with my response as to importance of reason for cancellation:
Help us improve our service
Please indicate how important each of these factors is in your decision to cancel your eHarmony subscription:
The length of time it took to receive a match I wanted to communicate with:
Very Important
The subscription price: Very Important
The number of matches I received: Not at all Important
My concern about what others thought about my appearance:Not at all Important
eHarmony's matching philosophy:Very Important
The safety and security I felt using eHarmony:Not at all Important
The quality of matches I received:Moderately Important
The number of people I communicated with:Not at all Important
The discomfort I felt about communicating with my matches:Not at all Important
Please tell us, in your own words, the #1 reason why you are not renewing your subscription, and any other comments you may have:
The ice-breakers are mostly absurd, the price is too high with today's economy, most of my matches are "ghosts" (non-paying people), I can't pick which body types I like, there's no IM function, EHadvice is more interesting, lack of racial diversity.
THEN, AFTER ALL THAT...
Before you cancel your subscription...
Please take a moment to review these tips to improving your eHarmony experience. Before you cancel your subscription, why not communicate with each of your matches and find out why eHarmony brought you two together? Your subscription doesn't officially expire until November 5, 2008 You never know who is worth a second look. *Review your Match Settings*
Compatibility and chemistry are special qualities that often take time to find. Remember, each match you receive has been chosen based on the 29 Key Dimensions of compatibility proven to be vital to a successful relationship.
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >