Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 smiley5900
Msg: 412
eHarmony...STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!Page 15 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
It is the same with match and true . they wanted my c/c , for get that their went my free dates
 Fire_fox52
Msg: 415
eHarmony...STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!
Posted: 9/26/2008 5:10:39 PM
Yeh they are crooks I think the profiles are phony too.

Cash cow did you notice they chat you up then you renew and poof!
 painterly864
Msg: 416
Posted: 9/26/2008 5:31:04 PM
I am not sure about eharmony either.

I foolishly spent way too much time on their ludicrous profile questions. Then they ironically matched me up with a fellow I had been involved with some 19 years ago. He must be telling the same lies he told back then!

So glad I didn't pay for that!
 StillNeedingU
Msg: 417
Posted: 9/27/2008 4:28:11 AM

Yeh they are crooks I think the profiles are phony too.

Cash cow did you notice they chat you up then you renew and poof!

true dot com does this. I tried a free profile and decided to not to get the memebership so I deleted my profile and I still get emails from them stating I have 40 messages! So and so wants to chat...so and so has sent you a message..so and so number of men have viewed your profile. Viewed my deleted profile? Truly amazing!
 StillNeedingU
Msg: 418
Posted: 9/27/2008 4:31:43 AM

Thanks!For sharing this info.I had a problem like that paid a years worth couldn't get it shut off had to get new bank card to stop them

Did you file fraud on them? I sure would have to get my money back that is BS. I had to do a dispute on Match dot com because they wouldnt stop.
 DenaliDadd
Msg: 419
Posted: 9/27/2008 12:54:28 PM
Here in the U.S., we're pretty much an instant-gratification society. We want the high-paying job ... now, the fancy car ... now, the nice house ... now, the perfect significant other ... now. Same thing with dating. We want to be attracted to The Perfect One ... now.

We don't want to wait like our parents did. We detest "courting." (does anybody even use that word anymore?) eHarmony is all about waiting and searching and such. Not much instant-gratification there, unlike Match.com, where you can see The Perfect One...or you hope so.

Life is a crap shoot, so why should internet dating be any different?

Aqua72
Msg: 421
Posted: 9/27/2008 2:17:27 PM
I do agree with alI of ya guys ... that site is crap, I remember after I went on another dating site decided to try eharmony and I spend (WASTED) my time filling out the questionaire and all that shit and the at the end would accept me because at that time I was separated not divorced and I got a msg saying that at that moment they were unable to take my application because only SINGLE people can go on it ... then ... how the hell do you know if all the people is divorced, the can be separated for a long time and they assume they are divorced or some of them lie ... so ... that happened to me for being honest ... LOL ... anyway ... then they kept on sending me emails for me to sing up again ... F***G BS ...never tried again and don't regret it at all ... LO
 batboy58
Msg: 423
Posted: 1/16/2009 4:19:33 PM
I attempted to try EHarmony a couple of years ago, but after an exhausting trip through their battery of questions (not unlike applying to Princeton), I exited out. Not early enough, though, as for the next year or so I kept getting spam e-mails from them. Aside from being a huge ripoff, apparently their website has more viruses than a brothel. Given the option of paying 60 dollars a month to be matched up with someone from Belgium, or being alone, I'll take the latter.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 424
Posted: 1/17/2009 1:07:54 PM
Agree with AK_Transplant's (Msg 426) wider observations about our society, but the issue I have with eHarmony has nothing to do with it.

They are simply an over-inflated, distorted cheat of a dating site that misrepresents itself, and is not beneath sinking to cagey business practices and outright lying to achieve their goals.

Whether one wants to sign up there, add to their profits, and perpetuate such a thing is entirely up to the individual, but I'll take POF over it any day of the week.

Mo
 GhostRider-1970
Msg: 425
Posted: 1/17/2009 4:53:00 PM
I agree. After 100 dollars I didn't end up with a single match. To me, eHarmony was just a total rip-off.
 thePharoah
Msg: 426
eHarnomy...STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!
Posted: 2/3/2009 6:12:38 AM
no ... far from It.
 thePharoah
Msg: 427
Posted: 2/3/2009 6:19:35 AM
I gave Their WebSite a Chance ... 3 Month Membership ... Literally Hundreds and Hundreds of (Mis)Matches ... I found Very Few of the (Female) Members to be "seriously-looking" for a Companion ... I actually found ONE Nice Lady , who kinda "Chickened-out" at the Last Minute ... Waste of Money , but more-so a Waste of Time!
 Notamodella
Msg: 428
Posted: 2/3/2009 7:30:04 AM

I wish I'd known that Eharmony was a conservative Christian

That's enough for me to steer clear
 pauleeboy58
Msg: 430
Posted: 3/7/2009 7:30:31 PM
im one of those ppl who went thru the entire questionnaire thingy on eharmony and at the very end, after about a thousand questions, it told me that they didnt have any matches for me. geez, my answers were really pretty standard. remember that commercial about the guy complaining about getting a dear john letter from a dating site? yeah thats what happened.
i also actually signed up with match dot com for a few months and it was the way several ppl have said, my matches werent interested. i also discovered that a lot of the women on there werent actually on there, it was just that their profiles had been left up. so whenever u tried to send them a message, all it would do is send them some spam to sign back up. there was also several scambots that contacted me. always saying similar crap, "im young and beautiful and want to come to america to meet u so can u please send me just a little money so that i can come see u".
 Dixie_Sweet
Msg: 431
Posted: 3/7/2009 8:08:10 PM
I hear y a guys!! My God I should have read this post before I signed up for the THIRD try for Valentine's Day...Most of your matches are half dead, or dead practically, and only a few respond or initiate conversation, then by the time you've gone through all that crap jsut to get to sending emails, they close you out citing the distance is too great the chemistry is not there, or they would "rather not say" WTH??Yes its true most of your matches are miles and miles and miles away form you.What are you paying for dead air time and to lose your self esteem. Man the guys on eHarmony are so arrogant and rude. NO offense I really do like men, but eHarmony men is a different breed. Im wondering if the couples in the commercials are paid actors??You hear the succeddful poeple say "Be patient" but it just seems like a nad investment and after one year of that crap and no dates how much longer do you want to wait...I met my exboyfriend on match.com so that is another avenue...just want to say, this site is free, and the forums are a blast...have fun just don't join eHARMONEY!!
 bigben1731
Msg: 432
Posted: 3/8/2009 6:34:58 AM
ive never been to eharmony before as i dont like the sound of that site ive been to match .com it was fair but deleted my account with them a few years ago as i did not have time to keep paying for that site ive done rsvp and that was medicore i gave that the flick as well im keeping mate1 account open has the results are a lot better than what i expected but its more $ down the drain but as this site hasnt have much luck of meeting my woman as of yet as so far there just dosent seem to be any of connection wit5h the woman as of here as of yet
 bigben1731
Msg: 433
Posted: 3/8/2009 4:13:42 PM
thats why i choose mate1 as it s more corrospondent with people and it gives you a whole mnth to send messages to woman if they bring in where people are going to pay for this site i will be out of here cause the results are bad andi wont pay for a site which dosent live up to exepations
 DocElffington
Msg: 434
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2009 9:06:04 PM
I think I tried ALL of the pay sites. Just because a site matches you with someone DOESN'T ean that person will be interested in you. Mate1 gives certain women free memberships if they'll become site ambassadors. As ambassadors Mate1 forwards her profile to ALL males in existence and some NOT in existence.....unbeknownst to the woman. Soon her mailbox is overfull with mail from men that aren't even close to being her type!

I found happiness on pof! And all it cost me was time and patience and keeping my chin up!
 Dixie_Sweet
Msg: 435
Posted: 3/10/2009 7:48:27 PM
Good for you Provocative. Awesome profile btw!!
 DenaliDadd
Msg: 437
Posted: 8/8/2009 1:07:42 PM

I didn't know they were a fundamentalist religious dating site.

The founder of eHarmony has religious conviction. That does not make the service "a fundamentalist religious dating site." Don't believe everything you see on the Internet.
 mensa007
Msg: 438
Posted: 9/1/2009 8:14:54 PM
I paid and joined e harmony for one month. They sent me matches from Saudi Arabia when I said I wanted local matches only. They sent me almost illiterate individuals when I said education was important. They sent me bikers covered in tatoos - I am very conventional.

When I actually initiated contact with someone on eharmary there was never a response.

A friend had the same results.
 musicman212
Msg: 439
Posted: 3/16/2010 12:09:57 AM
OK everyone,.........a little sarcasm and fun about the site being discussed here. I've changed the name a little, but you all know who I mean. LOL.

We interrupt this program to bring you the following important message, from the popular dating site Disharmony dot com.

It has come to our attention recently that there is a small number of disgruntled former customers of our site, who are spreading unfounded rumors about our business practices. We wish to clarify our position on these matters. Our policy of unapproved credit card charges and erased e-mails will continue, despite the objections of some members. Also, our highly trained staff of faked profile writers is working day and night, to provide you with the latest in electronic fiction technology. Our matches for you can't respond to any of your e-mails, simply because they don't exist. So relax. However, I feel that we do provide a quality service and that people should not object to a minor detail like this. Also, please understand that it costs us a fortune to hire the fake couples for our TV ads and that the air time is very expensive. Thank you for your continued support and we hope that you enjoy your experience with Disharmony.
 Badger1202
Msg: 440
Posted: 3/17/2010 7:22:48 PM
what a waste of time and money! you can't see the pictures of the women who you want to be checking out, and most of time, when you click through, they're pigs! they claim they are "matching you up", all they are doing is throwing as much shit against the wall as they have, and hope some if it sticks. wow, great marketing scam. It works the first round but I would NEVER renew!

Jon Schmalowski
 musicman212
Msg: 441
Posted: 3/18/2010 9:57:45 AM
Well, think about it this way,.....if they're pigs, then they're "down to earth" !

Anyway,....

All of the major pay sites seem to be pulling this deception stuff. The large amounts of money just makes them want more. I will say this though,.....the women used in the faked profiles on "match dot com" ARE good looking. LOL.
 ahawt1
Msg: 445
Posted: 7/11/2010 1:40:12 PM
You nailed it!! I wrote in my questionnaire how important looks and sex were at every opportunity - face it people, without the attraction or chemistry, a relationship is doomed!! Anyway, during the 'free communication weekend' I still couldn't view any pictures of the people. I still can't get over that feeling that if someone is hiding their picture(s) then they are most likely a big porker.

That said...my photo is camouflaged quite well...hmmm...BUT that is because I am reluctant to have people see me on there and say "so I saw your profile on POF" and the whacked conversations that would follow I'm sure.
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >