Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 thePharoah
Msg: 426
eHarnomy...STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!Page 17 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
no ... far from It.
 thePharoah
Msg: 427
eHarmony...STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!
Posted: 2/3/2009 6:19:35 AM
I gave Their WebSite a Chance ... 3 Month Membership ... Literally Hundreds and Hundreds of (Mis)Matches ... I found Very Few of the (Female) Members to be "seriously-looking" for a Companion ... I actually found ONE Nice Lady , who kinda "Chickened-out" at the Last Minute ... Waste of Money , but more-so a Waste of Time!
 Notamodella
Msg: 428
Posted: 2/3/2009 7:30:04 AM

I wish I'd known that Eharmony was a conservative Christian

That's enough for me to steer clear
 pauleeboy58
Msg: 430
Posted: 3/7/2009 7:30:31 PM
im one of those ppl who went thru the entire questionnaire thingy on eharmony and at the very end, after about a thousand questions, it told me that they didnt have any matches for me. geez, my answers were really pretty standard. remember that commercial about the guy complaining about getting a dear john letter from a dating site? yeah thats what happened.
i also actually signed up with match dot com for a few months and it was the way several ppl have said, my matches werent interested. i also discovered that a lot of the women on there werent actually on there, it was just that their profiles had been left up. so whenever u tried to send them a message, all it would do is send them some spam to sign back up. there was also several scambots that contacted me. always saying similar crap, "im young and beautiful and want to come to america to meet u so can u please send me just a little money so that i can come see u".
 Dixie_Sweet
Msg: 431
Posted: 3/7/2009 8:08:10 PM
I hear y a guys!! My God I should have read this post before I signed up for the THIRD try for Valentine's Day...Most of your matches are half dead, or dead practically, and only a few respond or initiate conversation, then by the time you've gone through all that crap jsut to get to sending emails, they close you out citing the distance is too great the chemistry is not there, or they would "rather not say" WTH??Yes its true most of your matches are miles and miles and miles away form you.What are you paying for dead air time and to lose your self esteem. Man the guys on eHarmony are so arrogant and rude. NO offense I really do like men, but eHarmony men is a different breed. Im wondering if the couples in the commercials are paid actors??You hear the succeddful poeple say "Be patient" but it just seems like a nad investment and after one year of that crap and no dates how much longer do you want to wait...I met my exboyfriend on match.com so that is another avenue...just want to say, this site is free, and the forums are a blast...have fun just don't join eHARMONEY!!
 bigben1731
Msg: 432
Posted: 3/8/2009 6:34:58 AM
ive never been to eharmony before as i dont like the sound of that site ive been to match .com it was fair but deleted my account with them a few years ago as i did not have time to keep paying for that site ive done rsvp and that was medicore i gave that the flick as well im keeping mate1 account open has the results are a lot better than what i expected but its more $ down the drain but as this site hasnt have much luck of meeting my woman as of yet as so far there just dosent seem to be any of connection wit5h the woman as of here as of yet
 bigben1731
Msg: 433
Posted: 3/8/2009 4:13:42 PM
thats why i choose mate1 as it s more corrospondent with people and it gives you a whole mnth to send messages to woman if they bring in where people are going to pay for this site i will be out of here cause the results are bad andi wont pay for a site which dosent live up to exepations
 DocElffington
Msg: 434
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2009 9:06:04 PM
I think I tried ALL of the pay sites. Just because a site matches you with someone DOESN'T ean that person will be interested in you. Mate1 gives certain women free memberships if they'll become site ambassadors. As ambassadors Mate1 forwards her profile to ALL males in existence and some NOT in existence.....unbeknownst to the woman. Soon her mailbox is overfull with mail from men that aren't even close to being her type!

I found happiness on pof! And all it cost me was time and patience and keeping my chin up!
 Dixie_Sweet
Msg: 435
Posted: 3/10/2009 7:48:27 PM
Good for you Provocative. Awesome profile btw!!
 DenaliDadd
Msg: 437
Posted: 8/8/2009 1:07:42 PM

I didn't know they were a fundamentalist religious dating site.

The founder of eHarmony has religious conviction. That does not make the service "a fundamentalist religious dating site." Don't believe everything you see on the Internet.
 mensa007
Msg: 438
Posted: 9/1/2009 8:14:54 PM
I paid and joined e harmony for one month. They sent me matches from Saudi Arabia when I said I wanted local matches only. They sent me almost illiterate individuals when I said education was important. They sent me bikers covered in tatoos - I am very conventional.

When I actually initiated contact with someone on eharmary there was never a response.

A friend had the same results.
 musicman212
Msg: 439
Posted: 3/16/2010 12:09:57 AM
OK everyone,.........a little sarcasm and fun about the site being discussed here. I've changed the name a little, but you all know who I mean. LOL.

We interrupt this program to bring you the following important message, from the popular dating site Disharmony dot com.

It has come to our attention recently that there is a small number of disgruntled former customers of our site, who are spreading unfounded rumors about our business practices. We wish to clarify our position on these matters. Our policy of unapproved credit card charges and erased e-mails will continue, despite the objections of some members. Also, our highly trained staff of faked profile writers is working day and night, to provide you with the latest in electronic fiction technology. Our matches for you can't respond to any of your e-mails, simply because they don't exist. So relax. However, I feel that we do provide a quality service and that people should not object to a minor detail like this. Also, please understand that it costs us a fortune to hire the fake couples for our TV ads and that the air time is very expensive. Thank you for your continued support and we hope that you enjoy your experience with Disharmony.
 Badger1202
Msg: 440
Posted: 3/17/2010 7:22:48 PM
what a waste of time and money! you can't see the pictures of the women who you want to be checking out, and most of time, when you click through, they're pigs! they claim they are "matching you up", all they are doing is throwing as much shit against the wall as they have, and hope some if it sticks. wow, great marketing scam. It works the first round but I would NEVER renew!

Jon Schmalowski
 musicman212
Msg: 441
Posted: 3/18/2010 9:57:45 AM
Well, think about it this way,.....if they're pigs, then they're "down to earth" !

Anyway,....

All of the major pay sites seem to be pulling this deception stuff. The large amounts of money just makes them want more. I will say this though,.....the women used in the faked profiles on "match dot com" ARE good looking. LOL.
 ahawt1
Msg: 445
Posted: 7/11/2010 1:40:12 PM
You nailed it!! I wrote in my questionnaire how important looks and sex were at every opportunity - face it people, without the attraction or chemistry, a relationship is doomed!! Anyway, during the 'free communication weekend' I still couldn't view any pictures of the people. I still can't get over that feeling that if someone is hiding their picture(s) then they are most likely a big porker.

That said...my photo is camouflaged quite well...hmmm...BUT that is because I am reluctant to have people see me on there and say "so I saw your profile on POF" and the whacked conversations that would follow I'm sure.
 Life2Liv
Msg: 446
Posted: 10/5/2010 4:52:23 PM
While I always got the feeling the site was more flash than fact, I saw the "Free Communications" TV ad. and figured what the heck.
I understand the reason(s) for some of the questions, but asking the same question 5 different ways, comes across a joke, they may think there's a need to play psychatrist (sp), I didn't. Then at every page I had to re-answer a previous question because they are always striving to improve. BS
 Esscents
Msg: 447
Posted: 11/13/2010 4:07:40 PM
I tried it and I can say for certain that nobody else should waste their money.

You have no way of looking at a match, and knowing whether or not they are a paying customer or not, but you can only communicate with paying customers. The information given to you on a match is very minimal. I paid Compatible Partners $240 for a one year subscription. Over 6 months I received about 20 matches. 50% of which, were from another country. After the 6 month mark, Compatible Partners, out of the blue, canceled my subscription without any sort of explanation or refund.

It was at that time, I learned that Compatible Partners was the homophobic arm of E Harmony, forced by a court order to include gay/lesbian people in their dating site.

Please do not give this company any money, or even sign up for a free profile. Your free profile will just be misleading to others that may think the site actually does have paying members they can be matched with.
 thepix
Msg: 448
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2011 11:43:51 AM
I hear you. My friend's account was, unknowingly, charged for a 6 month renewal. She called 2 days into the renewal and with all her effort with Customer Service was lucky to get half her $161 back.
My own paid eHarmany account has a month of membership left. Auto-renewal on my account indicates $29.99 per month will be charged. Currently there is a promo for $14.99 for a 3-month membership.
Dispite the $5 a month cost I have cancelled my membership and will never deal with such a dishonest business like eHarmony going forward.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/dating_services/eharmony.html
 UKTom2
Msg: 450
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2012 1:02:45 PM
I tried Eharmony for a year. It was hard work. Certainly didn't offer anything over and above POF.
 Shawna4You
Msg: 451
Posted: 1/16/2014 8:28:47 PM
I paid for a full year membership and men only one man who neither looked to be the age or the height that he said he was on his profile. The only thing he would talk about was how women can't be trusted.
 SILLYGIRL111
Msg: 452
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2014 5:00:54 PM
I am glad I read this post because eHarmony is trying to get me to join. I was on our time and only meet a handful of men for coffee that site is bad all lot of work very hard. I was on Christian mingle I did not meet anyone . I have been on this site on and off but I did meet my ex boyfriend on here it lasted a few years. I was on single net meet a lot of guys on there. It seems that the free sites I did better at . I was thinking of joining match. com. Are there any good sites out there?
 forum_moderator
Msg: 453
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2014 5:40:26 PM

Are there any good sites out there?

Generally speaking, unless you're looking for specific niche dating, general broadstroke dating sites are all the same - a lot of people are on a lot of sites at the same time - a lot of people revolve from one site to another like cable, phone, hydro and banking companies seeking the ultimate. The only advantage is gained by the market share of a site and your ability to search and communicate - ignore all the nonsense fluff and BS matching promises. What works for one person may not for another - it's all a matter of timing, luck and your own dedicated effort.

If someone says that I've met hundreds of people from this site or that site with no luck, just remember - you are the common denominator to the outcome.

Have fun with this Why Dating Sites Fail - pick any article:)

the other
Any site related question not answered via the HELP link, then email CSR@POF here || Site Rules Here || Posting Clarifications Here || TOS ||
 zonavar68
Msg: 454
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2015 9:00:54 PM
To be honest, all dating sites are pretty much the same. They have 10+ x as many men as women signed up, and probably work fantastically well for women wanting sex hookups, and couples wanting other women for sex hookups, but little else. But if you are a genuine, honest, real person, 99.9 pct of the time you get no real results and it's more about constant sexual-related frustration than anything else that keeps guys hooked (and drives them to pay money to subscribe) to various dating sites.

Just look at Tinder. How many people actually find real people to meet that way? Supposedly all your neighbours do, but you don't.

somespamsite and adultmatchmaker also fit the same pattern.
 baconflavoredbacon
Msg: 455
Posted: 9/19/2015 3:27:16 PM
I think the problem is that people are too, too selective. They evict themselves from the dating pool by chasing the same people most of the people on the same site chase. All it means is that the sites don't have enough of what you narrowly prefer. I realiZe it isn't the whole problem. We women have the upper hand, and the young we are. These better. Even the dudes that think the "fat" and "old" and "droopy" gals should just drop their panties for whatever attention is tossed their way; they're peeps with preferences, too! Go figure!
 zonavar68
Msg: 456
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2016 9:47:01 PM
You'll notice that eharmony and sites like it that position themselves to be the 'elitist singles' of the dating scene, place a far bigger implied emphasis on 'purity', and one of the key measures of that is apparently 'religious conviction' so a vast majority of profiles (that I've looked at anyway) on eharmony say 'christian'.

I would presume that women who indicate that would tend to discriminate either directly or subconsciously against guy profiles that don't also say 'christian', since 'christian' implies 'more likely to want to get married' etc. etc.

I'm non-religious and don't feel ashamed to admit it. I've been there, done that with the religion thing. I choice to be non-religious after many years of belief then discovering that religion, very much like dating sites funnily enough, are quite shammy.

The only good dating site connection I've ever made that lasted a good body of time was from eharmony (the Aussie one, as I'm in Australia), and I've had one ok connection just recently through which was really nice as I know she's a real person, decent, gorgeous, wonderful, etc. but she's backed away for reasons I don't yet know about.

If you elect to pay for a membership, you explore what it gives, and if you don't like it, let it run it's course then can it back to a free one. Sort of like this site. Give it a go, if it fails to deliver (which it has so far), ok well I tried and failed.
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >