Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AceOfSevens
Msg: 39
eHarmony...STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!Page 2 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
I didn't give them my credit card, but eHarmony told me there were no local matches after I did their rather time-consuming questionnaire. I began expending my area for matches incrementally only to be told there were no matches in a larger and larger area. By the time I was done, I had been told there were no matches in the whole US. It did find some later, but I think onyl about four, only one of whom was remotely interesting. None of them were with 1500 miles. I think the issue is all the questions about spirituality. I'm an atheist, materialist (in the philosophical sense) and liberal humanist. The site isn't aimed at me.
 Angel Eyes_Sassy Mouth
Msg: 41
eHarmony...STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!
Posted: 4/25/2006 5:01:34 AM
I too also did the free questionaire and i was stopped right in the middle of filling it out because they said i was doing it too fast! LOL...My answers needed more consideration...well...after all of that and the looonnggg a** questionaire they make you fill out, i too like others here was told there were no matches for me....so just for fun...YES i did it again...different name and lied !! Guess what? I had lots of matches...WHAT DO THESE PEOPLE WANT.....LOL....
 Wolfie65
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/25/2006 4:48:03 PM
You can add Yahoo Personals, Match Dot Com, and probably just about every other pay site to the list.
Most of their 'profiles' aren't even real, they're only there to get you poor sucker to subscribe.
 designingwoman
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2006 8:48:50 PM
and add ture to that. Misspelling intentional because they are sure as heck not true.
 Brian2MN
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/25/2006 9:06:06 PM
I"ve tried both eHarmony and match.com. I don't share most people's anger to match.com--I actually had pretty good luck on there and met have met some good people off of there. I have heard the stories about fake profiles and everything though, but I'd have to say that it went pretty well aside from not finding the "perfect woman". I don't really feel that I would have been doing better on my own though in that respect.

I really disliked eHarmony though. I hated how slow and tedious the process was. I had plenty of matches--actually too many of them for me to really work with well. That was my problem, I just didn't have time to read them as much as you had to and spend time really thinking about the questions. Towards the end of my 3 month subscription, I was so tired of it that it started to feel like homework going on there and answering essay questions. I did talk to one woman on the phone quite a bit, but we were both busy and never met. In all, I spent 100 bucks and never met anyone. Sometimes I just wasn't sure what to think.....seemed like I might be compatiable with someone, answers seemed OK....the other person never opened open communication, or I didn't because I wasn't sure what to say, etc.
 djguy
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/27/2006 9:13:27 AM
I too,tried the eHarmony .com thing,I bombed it,lol,said there was no matches for me,I was crushed,lol,I knew then and there it was boguss
 CuteNPerky2
Msg: 46
Posted: 4/27/2006 9:54:43 AM
The few people i know who tried that site had no dates from it or not even anyone interested in meeting them . One guy was matched up with 2 girls who never even communicated with him when he wrote them. I have not heard anything good about that site. The site i have liked the most was yahoo personals. I tried it a while ago and met some people locally from it and they had real people who lived near me on it. I got way more action on yahoo then i do on here. This site seems pretty dead for me. But since its free and lots of fun i am keeping it :)
 Despistada
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/27/2006 10:00:50 AM
I tried eharmony...actually I signed up for their "3 months for the price of 1" offer and have about a month left on my membership. The default settings on the account are crappy...they choose the age range for you and you're also initially setup to auto-renew your subscription. But I did meet a guy on there who I'm very interested in, so I won't complain. I think the best thing about eharmony is the majority of people there seem to be looking for marriage, so that was a plus for me. One of the worst things: They don't let you select a body type and they don't place a lot of emphasis on uploading pics, so you could conceivably go through the whole Q&A process and then wind up meeting someone you find physically unattractive.
 kristinanb
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2006 7:42:56 AM
No success on e-harmony either. Even with the promotional rates, it is too expensive for matches that also need to be current subscribers. I'd probably say it was okay if they let subscribers communicate with all of their matches even non-subscribers. I've tried it off and on over the years, but I won't again.

I never met any from that site. There were profiles that sounded familiar from other sites where I met the person briefly or talked long enough and it was certainly not a good fit. If one of those matches was really my match, I think I'll stay single!

My matches were terrible-- too conservative Christian sounding when I distinctly recall excluding those groups. I'm somewhat traditional minded sure, but that's not good fit for me despite what e-harmony thinks. Someone shopping for a "submissive" wife so he can lead and take charge would not be a match with me! Worse were those that wanted an instant marriage and family-- that was a bit much. Once I hit 30, all of a sudden I was getting match up with mid-40s. Perhaps the funniest was a man closed me out due to distance. He lived in a nearby beach town that's less than 15 minutes away!

I have to say PoF is my favorite. The price is right, Even though this site is a bit alternative for me. My mailbox isn't overflowing, but the people I've emailed have been nice (so far!) compared to other sites. And the forums are the best entertainment.

Way to go PoF!

Tina
 windsong
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/29/2006 7:55:24 AM
I've been trying to tell everyone "the Dating sites are no place to meet that special someone" its all just a waste of time ..Unless you have nothing better to do than sit and type..YOU HAVE TO MEET FACE TO FACE ...or if you just want to talk/email etc...Although i have met a few Guys, very nice, BUT it was my option not to Hook up....
 kindheartedgentleman
Msg: 52
Posted: 4/30/2006 8:17:34 AM
Jrandell- If you payed by cc you may be able to get your money back.
 delytful
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/30/2006 9:03:59 AM
LOL gotta laugh at how so many post these threads to bash another site. I think there has been one for just about every other site on the net by now. Oh yeah, this one is perfect though
 boisegoodbadboy
Msg: 54
Posted: 4/30/2006 9:12:42 AM
the price of lonliness redefines suck...doesnt it??
 ladyc4
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/30/2006 9:55:44 AM
As far as 'free trial' goes, beware of ANY site offering ANY service, when they immediately need a credit card or check card# to activate your "free" trial. Again, this applies to a multitude of internet entities, not just dating sites. Expect your account to be charged. Yes, in most cases you can get your CC company or bank to do a chargeback,if you have the time to deal with the hassle.
As far as the effectiveness(or lack thereof) of any dating site, hey it's a crapshoot.So is meeting people at bars, church, the bingo hall...WHEREVER!! What I will give matchcom and yahoo credit for, in my own case, is making some wonderful (platonic) friends and a couple of fairly longrunning "epenpal" contacts. Oh yeah there have been dates, a few "almost relationships"(LOL) but by and large I hold the friendships and penpals to be the better value so far...
Cindy O
 tanner
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/30/2006 10:13:29 AM
i was on eharmony for a while as well....i consider myself a fairly bright woman. several times they matched me with men they couldn't even spell simple words. my favorite was when they matched me to a country bumpkin....his hero in life was his friend bubba because "he gets all the hot chicks and he drives a "bitc@in camero"

pof has any other site beat by a long shot.....
 wildamythest
Msg: 57
Posted: 4/30/2006 11:18:43 AM
if you're intrested in getting tons of marriage proposals from Nigeria, try www.matchdoctor.com......LOL
 LexFonteyne
Msg: 59
Posted: 6/4/2006 8:21:30 PM
TedJMill wrote: I did the eHarmony questionnaire and was told I was in the small percentage they couldn't match. They never said anywhere that it was specifically a conservative Christian dating site, though; I didn't find that out until later. It would have saved a lot of time if they did say that right at the beginning; I would have know it wasn't appropriate for me.

Same here. I always suspected I was unmatchable, but now I'm absolutely, positively sure I'm unmatchable on a site run by some religious nut. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
 ktodd1969
Msg: 60
Posted: 6/4/2006 8:36:08 PM
I tried to join them a couple of years ago and after doing their long "personality profile" they told me rather unceremoniously and rather matter-of-factly that they didn't have ANYONE that was compatible with ME. Kind of made me wonder what was "wrong" with me........well, here I am still single, 2 years later..........maybe there was something to that after all.
 libre rich
Msg: 61
Posted: 6/4/2006 8:36:37 PM
Thanks for the warning. Will take it under advisement.
 briteblueyes
Msg: 62
Posted: 6/4/2006 8:42:11 PM
In their rules they state that you have to call them to cancel but they dont have anybody answering the phones on weekends, so be carefull with that also
 ascuteasabug
Msg: 63
Posted: 6/4/2006 8:46:16 PM
ktodd1969 - You are in your 30's. You are not old enough for eharmony
 jackportnoy
Msg: 64
Posted: 6/5/2006 10:35:35 AM
too late i spent 110 dollars for 3 months and everytime i ask for new match s it takes 3 days or more that site does suck i called them to cancel and well they hung up on me jack
 islgurl
Msg: 65
Posted: 6/5/2006 8:48:00 PM
Hmmm? I tried it once...trial period...ridiculous "matches"...cancelled before trial period expired...no problems.

I DID post, last week, that CBS Entertainment Tonight featured a big story on how GREAT their site is and how SUCCESSFUL. HUH? WTF?!?
I think Warren has big bucks invested in CBS...what other reasons would inspire them to tout EHarmony and not give all the other sites the same courtesy? He also is very big and powerfully involved in a large Fundamentalist group out of Colorado. He is a smart cookie. Predator.
 designingwoman
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2006 9:25:58 PM
Probably the American "Family" Association which is both a fundamentalist group and a disgusting hate group! I am glad you mentioned that. I refuse to support any organization that supports such organizations that use false Christianity to promote hatred towards people.
 thePharoah
Msg: 67
Posted: 6/5/2006 9:27:08 PM
... but isn't That the Dating Site where Adolph Hitler met Eva Braun (SoulMates?) ???
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >