Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tournesol
Msg: 99
eHarmony...STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!Page 4 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
Selah...this is a free site. I don't THINK they care if you give out your email address. I could be wrong though. Maybe I haven't read the rules.

About eHarmony. It bugs the heck out of me that I haven't gotten many matches either, but I take that to mean that they really do match profiles??? At the beginning however, they matched me with a man I really liked. We zipped right through all of the must haves and can't stands, got to the email stage and then the minute he had my personal email and we exchanged phone numbers I found out he was only interested in phone/cyber sex. He is an orthopedic surgeon in Kentucky which some unkind people said is like an oxymoron.
Anyway, as soon as my membership is up I will be cancelling. I would rather just pine over profiles on my own and not wait for them to decide who is best for me. Maybe there is no one but it sure is interesting.
 sd_matt
Msg: 100
eHarmony...STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!
Posted: 7/13/2006 8:01:33 PM
I think it should be renamed "whitecollarharmony" and the 29 key character traits should be changed to 1 key career trait and 28 other "nice to haves".

I work in construction. My responses quadrupled when I changed my occupation to "banker". Sheesh! Do construction workers (prevailing wage is pretty good by the way) really have that bad of a rep?
 sd_matt
Msg: 101
Posted: 7/13/2006 8:14:17 PM
By the way, just reading all your posts for eharmony, I havnt had this good a laugh from the net in a long time. Im not laughing at you all. Its just that eharmony really is a joke.

I guess we can add to our list of "key character traits"

30. Teeth or no teeth?

31. Do you like jews or prefer to gas them?

32. Can your accetpable age difference be measured in decades?

33. Are you willing to live on a compound? If so, what do you think of the FBI?

34. Do you plan on marrying a man who is very likely, somewhat likely, not likely at all pass away from old age within your first five years of marraige?
 Markmindbender
Msg: 102
Posted: 7/13/2006 10:35:02 PM
I did the free thing my self, they wanted $50 a month.
After I done laff so hard I pissed, they never had a match for me.
I never paid, never did that site.
Did other site.s, and all I get is women from Russia, Africa, Ghana,,,,, and Philippines.
100's of atractive women.
All want money
This site ok, but not enough matchs for me.
Most women are not looking for a guy who lives a mobel home and on disabilty with a bad foot, and heavy,
am not a doctor, lawyer, or a body builder, with a 15" peter.
Just a good guy, and christian, looking for true love
 I Dunno!!!
Msg: 103
Posted: 7/13/2006 11:06:56 PM
I am new to the online dating thing and all i found were sites that all wanted $ when you tried to e mail or IM someone. i am grateful for this site for making everything totally free. i signed on and within minuets i was chatting with a girl...granted it wasn't what i was looking for but at least i know that there are at least 176 girls in my area that i can contact instead of the 4 that eharmony gave me
 cateyes9
Msg: 104
Posted: 7/14/2006 12:07:58 AM
It's funny, my friend told be about e-harmony, and I wanted to try it before I discovered POF. I started answering their questionaire up to the point I was so tired filling out their forms and I stopped filling out the questions. I didn't pay for anything. I was going to try their free 7-day trial, to see if I liked it. They continue sending me e-mails telling me I haven't yet completed the quesionaire, and I, e-mailed them saying there are too many questions and I decided not too go through with it, but they still are sending me e-mails regardless.
 tmann34
Msg: 105
Posted: 7/14/2006 12:09:49 AM
i get those all of the time in my email and many others..... to me it's just alot of BS hype. i tried so much to meet people and it can be a headach at times.. i wish there was a different way and a better way..
 turtleandhare
Msg: 107
Posted: 7/14/2006 1:01:57 AM
Yes while we're on the topic on bad sites. I suggest Paltalk is also one to stay away from. I joined for about 5minutes. Told them to discontinue me and their boxes come up everytime I go to use the internet. I have to deal with them before getting on with what I want to get on with. IT is so annoying.
 Druidlawyer
Msg: 108
Posted: 7/14/2006 5:19:53 AM
When I was on True, I was talking with a girl that was on e-Harmony, she swore she did not have a true account. This leads me to believe they are one in the same with two different names.
I am also relieve to see that I wasnt the only one that matches were pathic (SP) Women were also recieving them.
well what ever the case you can't beat the honest word of FREE (POF) I havent meet that one woman yet, but there is one protental at this time. Which makes me happy.
 MzSplenda
Msg: 109
Posted: 7/14/2006 5:38:56 AM
I'VE BEEN THERE AS WELL...BUT YOU HAVE TO CALL THEM AND TELL THEM YOU DON'T WANT THE MEMBERSHIP AND THEY WILL REFUND YOU....EMAIL WON'T WORK....BUT I DID GET MY MONEY BACK.
 JohnnyPopper
Msg: 110
Posted: 7/14/2006 7:27:36 AM
DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR; STAY AWAY FROM EHARMONY!!!

I did the E-harmony thang some time back, learned thet they are no different from any other online pay site, Also did American Singles, Yahoo, Adult Friend Finder, Senior Friend Finder, Alt.Com for giggles and a bunch of others.. All were the same, they have ya fill out multiple choice questionnaires, don't have the answer listed your looking for? Too bad, choose one of theirs anyway even IF it's wrong, I have a separate free screen name email account at Yahoo that I use for replies, when I find out that the site is bogus (lied to ya) in what they said they will do, I just treat their emails as Spam on Yahoo and they go into a bulk mail folder that either automatically gets deleted right away or is sent to a different address, usually back to the customer service address of a different online dating site..

ON POF, I don't waste time typin' any new emails, I have a stored "Form email" in my waiting to be sent folder on AOHell. I copy and paste it into the PM box on POF, change the salutation and name to the recipient and send it, then sit back and wait until they unread/delete or read/delete or reply.. The read/delete is outnumbering any of the other 2 choices. I then go to my favs and add a note that this name is a "fake person" that don't really wanna meet anyone at all.

I have "played" with other sites as much as they felt they wanted to play with me, in that I change my profile from being the gods honest truth to somethang fake just to see who wants what. I go from being a lowly labourer making 25,000 a year to an Chief Executive commanding well over 150,000+ a year. You'd be surprised the number of women on these sites that say in their ad that they ain't looking to be taken care of.. But, immediately send ya a sexy provocative email professing that you are the only person they want to meet and they want to have your baby... And when can they meet ya. It's so funny too, they wanna play and have fun and get rich real quick, I usually say I am in the 25-50 grand range even though I am really in the 150-200,000 range in real life.. Not really a lie either, 25-50 is also within my real range huh!

Pay sites are there JUST to make money!! Read their disclaimers, that IT is up to you to find that "perfect" match and they will not be held responsible if it doesn't happen for you.. IF ya have a problem with trying to cancel within the allotted "FREE" time trial, just an email with the words: MY ATTORNEY, WIRE/MAIL FRAUD, SUE, and COURT OF LAW, does wonders to catch their attention and immediately cease all charges and get ya a credit to your account. POF is fine if you are looking for a Canadian friend/lover, I just wish that we had one in the United States that is just as fine. BUT that won't happen either, the dweebs here in the states are all money grubbin' idiots that really DON'T care about your interests and just want ya to pay, pay, pay for no results.

PS. I have met more women online while chattin' with them while playing SLINGO on AOL.. The ones that ain't "looking" are always better anyway..
 rainbowfishh
Msg: 111
Posted: 7/14/2006 10:54:53 PM
I never used that site and know of no one who does
but one guy and I know he is a convicted felon and
basic con guy.

Dont know much about the site but figured it was an
exoensive bunch of bull
 bigsixxraven
Msg: 112
Posted: 7/15/2006 6:50:06 AM
I took advantage of their pay for one month and get two extra months free deals. Twice. Neither time, did I get ANY MATCHES but mysteriously after my free trial was over, TONS OF DUDES NOW ARE MATCHED WITH ME.

Since the first offer was during the holidays, I excused it. Then they offered me the trial Again. I sent them an email after a week of no matches(the other so called Matches automatically CLOSED Communication once I took the offer)I wanted to cancell. They wouldn't allow me to.l don't use other pay sites. I found this site on a internet radio show.
 YankeeDoodleDame
Msg: 113
Posted: 7/15/2006 9:44:04 PM
Well, there ya go - me, too. I got a message, that "at this time" there was not match and then I got that again in a month. Never found one single person to match me. Sounds like this is more the typical than them finding someone to match! I never joined either. I didn't realize they were a Christian site - if you aren't a Christian, that would kinda leave you out, wouldn't it?
 Elvisangel71
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2006 9:52:02 PM
I totally agree on this one ...My father of all people signed me up on this about three years ago ...and after being on it right after the 7 day trial was up ...i received aprx 3-4 matches from them in over 4 months and most were no pictures living thousands of miles away!!...my father decided he wanted a FULL refund from these rip offs and basically had to take them to court ...not for the money ...but for the principle of it ...and WON!!.. and made them have to pay the court fees as well .........!!..but def ...STAY AWAY !!....thankyou!!
 YankeeDoodleDame
Msg: 115
Posted: 7/15/2006 10:22:21 PM
Designing, you are right about True - I *hide* my profile for a while and they kept sending me emails of who had viewed my profile - good way to know they are a scam!
 CRAIGXYZXYZ
Msg: 116
A Happy Result!!
Posted: 7/16/2006 6:54:10 PM
I make my very few Internet transactions using prepaid cash cards. For example, I recently signed up for a 3-month introductory special on another dating site. I think the charge was $44.00. I paid using a $50.00 prepaid Visa card. If the site tries to automatically charge me for a renewal in three months without my approval, guess what? They can't, because only $6.00 remains on the card! Also a great way to avoid problems from identity theft - the card is not tied to any bank account, because I purchased it with cash, and so no one can use it to drain my bank or credit account.
 JimiRamBoy
Msg: 117
Posted: 7/17/2006 8:49:20 AM
I tired it once...was worn out by the questionaire and could not wait for it to end.

And then............not one match was within 100 miles of me and most were on the coasts while I live in Missouri.

There seemed at the time to be no way to limit it to local matches.

Jimi
 TropicalNights
Msg: 118
Posted: 7/17/2006 11:07:21 AM
Repot them anywhere, BBB, consumer protection, hope you still have those emails that you sent, n can forward to the organisations, involved. and send the warning to ALL your friends,,,,, one unhappy customer will 10 ppl who will tell 10 other ppl each n so on, till they die, nnnnnnnnnn they will be doomed to die,,,,,,,,,, Unless they clean up thier act!
Also when on an internet site n if spammed or asked for ca$h etc, first send a mail to the web admin, and say what is wrong,,,,, or fraudulent, then block, n Delete you wil prevent this happening n the site will do something about it even if it takes 15 or so ppl to report the offender,, Why? cos if the first "victim" had done that,,,,,,, then they would never have gotten to You! so, as I told a friend yesterday Report the user. if someone had done that before he would nt have had to deal w someone from I forget where, who wanted money like 1300 bucks to go to visit him!!!! he knew it was a scam n replied, that he could not do that n bless the person etc, hes such a Nice man,,,,,,, sigh, but the deleted the contact,,,, I hopefully made hi understand the Importance of reporting these scams! he just doesnt want to hurt anyone but as I told him, its probably an organised crime thing, duh! he then got the drift! so caveat emptor, " let the buyer Beware" in other words, check t out all kinds of ppl have diferent scams, weather to get into your pants n conquer or to get cash from you, n disspear! all the same in my book,,,,,,,, sigh where is this world going? sigh
 lula777
Msg: 119
Posted: 7/19/2006 11:07:47 AM
OH NO

I heard that they have a 99% success rate of matching folks! A friend of mine told me to sign up, and I did. But nothing has come out of it!

KEEP your credit card receipt, and file a complaint under your Federal law, probably under Trades & Sales. They have a legal responsibility, at least here in Canada - to return to you your product in 30 days. AS WELL, if you have asked them to stop sending - sometimes it takes a few days, and within that time they can un-intentionally stop sending you "matches". However, it is in the form of unwanted solicited product(s).. ie them & their matches.

REPORT THEM to the authorities! They should be fined! if what you are saying "matches" up... no punn intended.. sorry.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2006 10:05:53 PM
Some credit cards have a feature where you can generate a single use credit card number which really helps if you want to do the trial memberships. One of my credit cards allows me to specify the $ limit and amount of time the number is active. I used it to try out match.com and mate1.com and it worked out great. Didn't get charged the full membership when the trial period ended.
 bigmontanan
Msg: 121
Posted: 8/2/2006 10:29:58 PM
I'm surprised that I haven't seen anyone talk about the other major problem on the love match sites. Scams.

I didn't get burned, but I saw close up the Nigerian 419 scam and a bunch of russians with "money problems".

8484_8
Msg: 122
Posted: 8/4/2006 2:54:39 PM
I met someone on a site that told me about this one. (I paid for two different sites) I have to say this has been the best site I've been to. It has discussions and I've met a whole lot more people (Thanks to my friend )
 electrix
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2006 3:05:02 PM
Hey why is this a big shock to all of you?Just look at the ads on TV with the old creepy guy and these morons spinning around pretending to be happy.How is this old guy going to hook you up with a hot chick?I would not trust him to order a pizza for me.I should start one of these sites...
 TOM CLARK
Msg: 124
Posted: 8/4/2006 3:34:32 PM
I spent 30 minutes to an hour filling out the questionaire. I know somewhere in the beginning it asked "marital status". I clicked the button for separated. Now, instead of stopping me there it let me waste the better part of an hour before it told me I was inelligible becuause I am married.
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  >